Hotel Francia

Yung girlYung girl

Travel Tips for Lívingston

A wonderful mistake!

by dannie820

Livingston was a great little town that was not in my agenda. I found out about it accidentally the day before i went, prior to that I had never heard of the place. I was trying to get to Honduras from Punta Gorda, Belize and Livingston was half way point on the map. I read about it in my travel guide found out that it was the home of garifuna people. Garifunas have rich culture they are also found in Belize and Honduras so Livingston became a must see! To get to Livingston from Belize you have to go by boat. The boat was kind of small for the amount of people they pack on including everyone stuff suitcase, food, bicycle, TV and I think I seen a kitchen sink too! It was hard not to think about sinking. The boat takes you to Puerto Barrios you must go to custom first before you go any further. The office was right up the street from the boat dock. Then my cousin and I had to take other boat for Livingston it was a 20minute boat ride.

When we reach Livingston it felt like I just arrived to a Caribbean island. People were right there to hustle you for a room. I had already picked out a place called Casa Rosada. I highly recommend here they had individual bungalow right on the water with mosquitoes net included. The bathroom was in a separated bungalow decorated very nice. The lady that runs the place was from I think was from Netherlands.

Livingston is great places to people watch most restaurants has outdoor seating. So, sit back take it easy or walk to the end of the street look over the Gulf of Honduras. The only bad part was I did not see anywhere to swim. We found a restaurant called Happy Fish. The seafood soup was huge with everything in it. That night we meet some local the told us about a place to hear garifuna music they are known for drummers. Ubafu Bar starts around 9:00pm and last as long as there is a crowed with people tipping. Fun place you might get invited to give it go on the drums or learn how to dance Garifuna style with the locals. I would come back to Livingston in a heart beat!!!

Livingston...wow..

by madmu

I was supposed to stay in Livingston 3 days, at the most. I had a 6 week ticket to Guatemala and Livingston was my first stop, and I totally fell in love. I rebooked my flight home to the latest date possible and stayed in Livingston for about 6 weeks in total. Need I say more..

Comments