9a Calle Poniente La Antigua, Antigua Guatemala, Western Highlands, Guatemala
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Soleil La Antigua

Truly Beautiful Antigua Resort

by AlwaysATraveler about Villa Antigua

(Radisson) Villa Antigua is a beautiful 5 star resort/timeshare about a 25 minute walk to El Parque Central. The service could not be beat. Upon arrival we had trouble with one of our TVs. It was really no big deal. When the TV could not be repaired we were speedily delivered a new TV. We also switched to a non-smoking room with no trouble. Kudos to the wonderful concierge, also. Our one bedroom unit with kitchen was quite spacious. The bedroom with its own fireplace overlooked the tennis court. The living room overlooked a beautiful courtyard and fountain as well as volcanoes in the distance. The resort also had a nice restaurant and pools. I highly recommend this resort. The most outstanding feature of Villa Antigua is the professional and friendly staff. The view from our room was also wonderful. Also, you must try the Tortilla Soup!

Time Share at Its Best

by AlwaysATourist about Villa Antigua

Villa Antigua is a wonderful timeshare located within walking distance of the center of town. It was immaculate and large. Our one bedroom larger with full kitchen was larger than my 2 bedroom co-op here in NYC! The staff could not have been more accomodating. Upon settling in our first evening we realized that one of our TVs was not working. We called maintenance and two wonderful workers appeared within 5 minutes. The TV could not be repaired so I told the workers not to worry and that the situation could be handled in the morning. Twenty minutes later the same 2 men returned with a huge unopened box--- a brand new TV for us to use that evening! What warm welcome. -fireplace in the bedroom
-pools
-cleanliness
-friendliness of the staff

Time Share at Its Best

by AlwaysATourist about Villa Antigua

Villa Antigua is a wonderful timeshare located within walking distance of the center of town. It was immaculate and large. Our one bedroom with full kitchen was larger than my 2 bedroom co-op here in NYC! The staff could not have been more accomodating. Upon settling in our first evening we realized that one of our TVs was not working. We called maintenance and two wonderful workers appeared within 5 minutes. The TV could not be repaired so I told the workers not to worry and that the situation could be handled in the morning. Twenty minutes later the same 2 men returned with a huge unopened box--- a brand new TV for us to use that evening! What warm welcome. -fireplace in the bedroom
-pools

Arco de Santa CatalinaArco de Santa Catalina

Transportation

by sbgirl

HI -
my husband and I will be traveling to Antigua, Guatemala and we will be staying in Villa Antigua does anybody have any suggestions about transportation?

Re: Transportation

by sever

Catch a minbus/van at airport. Cost $10 to go to Antigua. Don't get ripped off. Knew one woman who was charged $65 for ride to Antigua.

Spent 2 weeks there this past summer and had a great time. Don't be afraid to wander the streets and mingle with people.

Email me at al12@chilitech.net if you want any more information.-------------Al

Re: Re: Transportation

by sbgirl

Thank you so much for the quick response.
I emailed you a few more questions. Again thanks for the info!!!

Re: Transportation

by marie-B

Hi.

Well first off you picked a beautiful hotel!!!
That is were our group stayed. :-)
Second you can rent a car either at the airport or in Antigua. I would not advise you to use the public transportation. But the little red cart/taxi thing is fine to use in Antigua. You will see what I mean. It costs a few quetzals about 1 US dollar.
The best thing to do is walk it is a beautiful city!
I hope this has helped and have a great trip!
-Brandi

Help!

by lisaandmatt

We're traveling to Guatemala on Sept 20th until the 27th. This is my first trip there as an adult. (I went once when I was a small child.) We're really excited and are looking to see if there are other people planning to be there the same time we are.

Also, if anyone has been there already could answer a couple of questions, that'd be wonderful.

Is there anything that we absolutely should not miss? Is it cheaper to purchase film prior to leaving the states or when we get there? How cold does it get during the September season? What would you recommend packing? Are scooters and/or bicycles available for rent? Would you recommend renting a car while we're there?

Anything you think we might miss?

Any input would be *greatly* appreciated!

-Lisa and Matt

Re: Help!

by CaptainAmerica

Dear Lisa and Matt,
In a couple of words: do not miss Antigua Guatemala, El Peten, el Lago de Atitlan and the Pacific Coast.
I recommend that youpurchase fillm in the US in order to make sure that it is ok.
The wheather is very diffrent from one area to another, but it is cold nowhere.
You should take a rain suit, treck shoes, medicals against moskitos and that clean the water (clean water is not always available).
You should not, in my opinion rent a car and drive alone with no guide. The country is now quite sure, except the roads where jaking is not rare.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly for further info.

by Ken_Weaver

Lisa and Matt,
I would agree with Captainamerica that you should see Tikal in the Peten area to the north, Lago de Atitlan...particularly Panajechal, Antigua, and I would add Chichicastengo...the best market in Guatemala....Thurs and Sundays....
If you go into the highlands, it will get cold....i would take a fleece vest....I would rent a car but not travel at night. Biking is dangerous because either the roads are too bad for riding or,if they are good, the wild drivers will not acknowledge you and you will be driven off of the road.

by CaptainAmerica

Chichicastenango... yes, you're right, that's tremendous!

by lisaandmatt

This is very very helpful. Thankyou.

We're staying at Villa Antigua for the week. (I should have mentioned that before....) Chichicastenango is on my list of must dos...I vaguely remember the market from the first time I was there.

The tour guide bit is very helpful as is the bus to Antigua. Villa Antigua has tried to tell us it will cost $40 US for the shuttle to the hotel. A bit ridiculous I think....

Travel Tips for Antigua Guatemala

Dirt Bike tours

by catours

If you are wanting some great off road River and dirt riding you have to check out Catours in Antigua, they are a professional Motorcycle company that know where to go and give you the best of Guatemala. They are 99.9% Guaranteed.. Catours will supply you with all the protective clothing, this starts with the most important, the Helmet. We use 2 stroke Yamaha 175DT Yamaha;s and Hondas.
All our equipment is routinely maintained and quality is always our priority

The road to Antigua

by VinTolucci

The road to Antigua snakes its way through the mountains. Antigua is situated in a valley. It is nestled in front of Volcan de Agua. Just out on the outskirts of Antigua the houses are full of charm. I love the architecture.

Comments