Tzununá Hotels

Our Members Say

• brewjohnson profile photo brewjohnson
  • Reviews: 201

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lomas de Tzununa: Lomas de Tzununa: One Word - Magical

I'm going to make a bold statement - there cannot be a better place to stay at Lago Atitlan. I've never felt so good about a place from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. Seriously, within a few minutes of arriving at this incredible hotel, Giampiero and I almost simultaneously said "this place is magical". After being dropped off at the hotel's private boat dock, you hike up 350 or so meticulously placed steps to the hotel area. Even though we were dripping with sweat and G looked like he was about to go into cardiac arrest when we reached the hotel area (just kidding, buddy), we literally couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces. The beauty of the place, the incomparable views, the warmth of the staff (all residents of the adjacent village), the hospitality of the owner/hosts, literally, everything about Lomas de Tzunana is incredible. We were only there for 1 night, but we both agreed, we could have stayed for weeks and can't wait to make a return trip. A true gem of a place. If you're heading to Atitlan, I can't imagine a better place to stay. I'll add more later, but for the time being, check out Giampiero's write up on Lomas de Tzununa, found here: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/da2b/196d00/3/ He pretty much hits the nail on the head. Oh yes, the food is great (made with all local ingredients). I had local fish from the lake. It was lovely. They also make a mean Campari and orange juice.

Some of the best views in the world, incredibly gracious hosts, and lovely food (made with local ingredients)... a magical place!

The setting, the views, the hosts and its eco-friendly!

• Opinion of Price: about average