Santa Elena Hotels

• JessieLang profile photo JessieLang
  • Reviews: 706

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel El Patio: Air-Conditioned

This is a smaller 2-story hotel (21 rooms) The rooms aren't especially large, but they are comfortable. All the rooms open up to a central courtyard. There is a small pool and a few pieces of gym equipment. The efficient AC is a bonus. It has an open air restaurant and bar.
I'd stay there again.

There is a small grocery store a block from the hotel

• Opinion of Price: about average

• Hopkid profile photo Hopkid
  • Reviews: 748

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Esplendido: Modern Hotel in Peten

Located on the lake, the Esplendido is a nice hotel with modest rooms with the extra special feature of fully-functioning air conditioning! Ooooo! Ahhhhh! After a day of trekking around jungle-shrouded Mayan ruins, returning to your cool room at the Espendido is a welcome relief. They also have an outdoor swimming pool and restaurant. The staff are friendly and accommodating. A bit on the expensive side considering the cheaper options in Flores so you may want to shop around some before deciding to stay here. We didn’t have a choice as we were with a large group and did enjoy our stay here but wished we had been somewhere in the more interesting town of Flores.

Modern, clean, outdoor swimming pool, nice breakfast buffet

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 12, 2008
Tip Photo

• metteks profile photo metteks
  • Reviews: 207

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Jade: Cheap place

Jade is a very simple place with simple bathrooms and basic rooms, but it was ok, as I only stayed one night. I don’t mind basic places and I don’t mind having to poor water in the toilet after use with a bucket as I had to here (and a lot of the other cheap places I have stayed). This makes me feel that I get to know the locals better.

The staff was friendly and it wasn’t a problem to check out very very early in the morning (5 o’clock).

I paid 20 Q for a room (year 2001-prices), which I found very reasonable, and I think this hostel have some of the cheapest rates in town.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive