Sambo Creek Hotels

Our Members Say

• atufft profile photo atufft
  • Reviews: 3020

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Helen's Hotel and Restaurant: One of several good places near Sambo Creek

We really didn't plan to stay overnight in Sambo Creek. We were there for lunch on our way to Tela. But, then I saw on the horizon the Cayos Cochinos and realized that boatman were available to go there. So we bargained for a boatman to meet us the next day even before we obtained a room at Helen's. But, I already familiarized myself with the available accommodations in town, and fortunately this choice was available. In fact, most of Helen's is modest bungalows in the back parking lot. Only a few rooms were like ours, which was the most expensive. We had the best room in the place, I think, for $50- per night. This was a second story view of the beach, and of the pool below, complete with a shaded balcony, a/c, decorated interior, and hot water. There were two pools, plenty of hammocks, and easy access to the beach. This was arguably the best deal during our whole Honduran trip. Helen is the owner-manager, a Honduran with a French Canadian husband. The restaurant is also very good, and there's free wifi. See the link below for complete services.

I forgot to take interior shots of the room, but Helen obviously put a lot of thought into decorating every room. The door was carved Honduran mahogany.

• Opinion of Price: about average