Carretera Pavimentada Ppal West Bay Beach, West Bay, Honduras
Booking.com Otel.com

More about West Bay Lodge

Absolutely Loved West Bay and the owners

by TripAdvisor Member MNAngelfish

I have just returned from a week at the West Bay Lodge. The lodge is very comfortable and peacful. The owners (Celete & Milos and their son Jacob, and staff are wonderful. I was traveling solo and I felt so at home and safe at West Bay Lodge.

West Bay Lodge Rocks!!

by TripAdvisor Member kevmac353

West Bay Lodge was awesome! It is a fantastic bed and breakfast done caribbean style. Our private bungalow had all the amenities of the states and right outside was the beauty of ROATANS best beaches. 5 star dive operation 2 minutes away from the lodge. The concierge service gave us great advice on tours and set up all transportation. Having said that i feel the best amenity was the owners. Celeste and Milos made us very comfortable from the moment we were greeted at the airport for a ride to the Lodge. They even got us invovled in a hermet crab race that benefited the local schools. We feel like we have new friends in the caribbean. We would highly recommend a stay at the West Bay Lodge.

Kevin and Chelsea

West Bay Lodge was perfect for us

by TripAdvisor Member jssanfrancsico

The West Bay Lodge was perfect for us. Celeste and Milos treated us like family, they were so warm and friendly. Nasly makes the best breakfast on the island, in fact they were the best meals we had anywhere in Roatan. Our bungalow was simple and clean. The place is a short walk to the best beach on the island with excellent snorkeling. Vasily booked us a canopy tour at Gumbalinda and we loved the monkeys there! Celeste and Milos are just the best hosts, they even prepared a special lobster bbq for us and the friends we made there. And Celeste baked a pineapple cake for a guest's birthday which was delicious. We spent our last night at a fancier place (Palmetto Bay Plantation) which was more upscale and the room, restaurant and pool were beautiful. But the experience with the people was not the same and the Palmetto Beach was full of sand flies. We much preferred West Bay Lodge and the people there!

Great place to stay at!

by TripAdvisor Member msrodz

We just returned from our visit to Roatan Island and I have to say it was a delight. We spent a couple of days @ West Bay and it was the best time ever. If you are looking for relaxation with a touch of nature & beauty, this is the place to stay. Our vacation did not start as smooth as one would want, due to our luggage not arriving on time, but Celeste and her staff made sure that we had all of the essential toiletries in hand for the night. They even went to the airport to locate/pick-up our luggage upon arrival. What 4 star hotel would do that? Celeste & Family went above and beyond to ensure that our trip was a memorable one.The customer service is exceptional! The bungalows are very cute and comfortable with its own porch & hammock...very relaxing
Breakfast was delicious! It was always served hot -right off the stove. The staff and owners always try their best to accomodate their guests....if you are looking for that "welcoming" at home touch, this is the place to stay. Just one thing. Please make sure that you bring Carry-on if you will be travelling with TACA Airlines...otherwise there is a possibility that your luggage will not arrive. Would definitely recommend it.
Good location - walking distance from the ocean

A Thankful Thanksgiving!

by TripAdvisor Member riotsujino

Where do I start...? Some how giving this place a 5 out of 5 just doesn't quite do it justice. The people are what make this place so special or it would just be another nice place to stay.

Just a block from the most beautiful beach on the island it is the perfect location to stay. I liked the private bungalows with a nice front porch to relax on.

You’re served a great breakfast every morning and will be kept entertained by the parrots that are happy to help you finish your breakfast.

If you like snorkeling, diving or fishing this is the perfect spot to visit with one of the most beautiful reefs in the world at your doorstep. Fishing was $50 per hour and you’ll have more fish than you know what to do with in two or three hours, this was also a nice way to see the island from off shore.

If you’re more into relaxing the West Bay is the spot, it truly defines “Island Time”.

As for meals, we found the restaurants around our lodge to be reasonably priced and most had a great selection of seafood. Just ask your hosts Celeste or Milos for some good referrals and you’ll be well taken care of.

You will need to spray your exposed areas with mosquito spray the second you get off the plane. I don't normally get bit but these mosquito's don't play.

We visited during Thanksgiving and our hosts surprised us with making a real Thanksgiving dinner, all I can say is WOW what a meal.

I can't tell you how happy we were that we didn’t go to Mexico this trip, no timeshare salesmen, no over priced meals, no price gouging for fishing or diving just fun, relaxation and sun!

Our only bad experience was at the airport with TACA (Take A Chance Airlines) who over booked our flight and then lied to us saying it was our fault because we didn't get to the airport three hours early. Once again it was the staff at West Bay Lodge that saved us, Milos came right back to the airport to pick us up and took us to dinner. I guess if you’re going to get stuck some where, this is the place to be.

The next day because TACA bounced four other people off the next flight to make room for us we got home to Los Angeles.

In closing, when I go back to Honduras I wouldn’t dream of staying any where else. Thank god there are still places like this to stay that truly get the meaning of “Customer Service and Hospitality”!

Thanks again Jim & Rio Freeman Los Angeles, CA

Another satisfied customer

by TripAdvisor Member RockyMountainDiva

The reviews of this place are all on target, so there is not much to add. The owners went out of their way to accommodate our needs, the food was delicious and the parrots entertaining! It was fun hearing the young female learn to talk while we were there.

We booked one of the cottages with a kitchen because we like to cook. We were pleased and impressed to see that basic spices were supplied, and we bought the rest of the ingredients from the deli across the street. We also found out that the fruit /vegetable truck delivers twice a week, with good prices and quality.

We dove with Bananarama (arranged by West Bay Lodge prior to our arrival). It was a good dive outfit except for the time that the boat driver fell asleep and we had to wait about 15 minutes for our pick-up. The trip to Mary's place on the other side of the island was the highlight of our dives.

The tastiest food was found at the Las Rocas restaurant - the Thai dish was outstanding!

We also did the extreme canopy up north and spent a day touring the island. We fed the iguanas, which were very friendly.

The only negative thing was all the bug bites. We never did figure out where they came from, but some other tourists had many more than we did.

Going Back ASAP

by TripAdvisor Member Mike_in_Miami

Let me start by saying that, if you are looking for a Ritz Carlton, read no further - this ain't your kind of place. But, if you are looking for a warm, friendly, laid back atmosphere with the perfect blend of intimate privacy and communal good times, then you have arrived. Celeste, Milos and Jacob are the kind of people you want to meet when you are on vacation (although I do have strong circumstantial evidence that Jacob cheats at Stratego). Having them as hosts makes it even better. We went to Roatan over Christmas, and they went above and beyond the call to organize a Chrismas dinner for the guests. We sat out under the stars, enjoying new friends and everyone's contributions to the feast (we didn't cook, so we brought booze - no one complained).

My girlfriend's bag didn't make it to Roatan the same day as we did (receiving a complimentary one-day trip to San Salvador on its own), so Celeste offered her the use of a bathing suit while we waited. Our bungalow had (and, I assume, still has) everything you need for a comfortable stay - bed, bathroom, mini-bar (with reasonably priced beverages and snacks) and a TV (it was college football bowl week, after all). The bed had a mosquito net, but we never needed it. The A/C worked very nicely, and we always had a good night sleep. The nice thing was the privacy that the individual bungalow gave us, yet we were still in the heart of the Lodge.

The breakfasts each morning were individually amazing, and I'm not much of a breakfast eater. There were omelets, waffles, breakfast tortillas on different mornings. One caveat - watch out for the pancake poaching parrots.

The location, about two New York City blocks from the beach, couldn't have been better. We were close enough to the beach to walk, but far enough so that you could be removed from the beach nightlife if you wanted to be. By the way, bring a flashlight for the walks at night (it's not unsafe to travel without a light, but you may want to avoid the puddles that line the gravel road) and bring a strong bug repellent (the mosquitos can be tough at dawn and dusk, and the sand flies acted up on our last day).

The West Bay is definitely the area to stay in on Roatan, and the West Bay Lodge is the best place to stay while there. We are already trying to figure out if we can go back in August, taking my girlfriend's 10 year old son with us. To be honest, I would prefer if nobody else found out about the West Bay Lodge, because I don't want to be told that they don't have any vacancies when we want to go, but that doesn't seem very fair to the rest of you.

Simply outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member Verely

I have traveled in 56 countries around the world and had the opportunity to experience from exclusive private island resorts to guest houses; from a variety of hotels to exotic lodges. Within this array of experiences, Celeste, Milo and Jacob hospitality truly stands
out. Their ability to combine a charming setting as the perfect gateway to enjoy Roatan beauty, to the understated attention to luxury details (wine and pate’ in the fridge) to their simple and so appreciated human kindness… and of course let’s not forget Celeste rum
punch! We spent NYE ‘07 there and it was memorable! Simply outstanding!

Best Vacation to Date at West Bay Lodge!

by TripAdvisor Member luvAuzzies

Wow! Where to start. I guess the best thing is to explain what makes west bay lodge so special. In short, the owners!!! Celste, Milos and Jacob were more like family then owners. Don't get me wrong, they took care of everything like owners do and i mean everything my wife and i could ever want. But they were more like new friends met than owners!

We were picked up by a smiling Milos at the airport and he drove us back to west bay lodge as he told us stories and pointed out things along the way. When we arrived from an all night flight our room was fully stocked with everything I had asked and a cool rum punch was handed to us by celeste.

I can't really put into words how nice our time was there. from the wonderful breakfasts with their lovely parrots, to the great get togethers at night with other couples set up by cleste and milos, to the easy walk to the beach.

Celeste made sure we had a cooler for the beach, umbrella for some shade, floaties for the crystal blue swimming pool of an ocean and anything else you deem you might want. By the way, the beach is stunning :)

We had a wonderful seafood BBQ one night that was just amazing. And all the people staying at west bay lodge were great, must be the vibe given off by celeste and milos. We have told everyone back home how great it was and we have some friends ready to head down there right away just from what we told them.

Just to give you a tid bit of their survice, well the day we left was the day before my b-day and celeste surprised me with a pineapple upside cake that was to die for. what a sendoff!

My wife and I can go on forever. If anyone would like further info, please feel free to email me at tripadvisor and i can let you in on some other great things about the lodge or anything else.

Thanks to Milos, Celeste and their son jacob for allowing us to experience the best vacation we have had!

cheers!

Great stay at West Bay

by TripAdvisor Member RPF62

My girlfriend and I stayed here for about a week in January 2008 and absolutely loved it. Celeste and Milos are gracious hosts and get you signed in while you drink their delicious rum punch and enjoy a conversation with their four talking parrots. The daily breakfasts provided in the morning are outstanding - I wish I could eat those awesome breakfast tacos everyday!

Our room was located at the top of the hill. It was spacious, clean and had hot showers. The location cannot be overstated - it's a short walk to the gorgeous white beaches and milky blue waters of Roatan. Once you see the crowded, dirty town and beaches of West End, you'll be very happy with your decision to stay here. Not only is the beach outside of the hotel outstanding, but it is also home to the best reef on the island. The snorkeling is truly world class.

If you're a scuba diver, you're in luck, too. Celeste informed us that Bananarama, the dive center across the street, is the best in Roatan. Obviously, my girlfriend and I suspected bias here, but after seeing the crowded, dirty and cramped centers around Roatan we knew it was true. The dive masters are highly professional and keep the dive groups small. The dives themselves were only $35US per dive. It was definitely the best diving I've ever done!

Another note about the lodge is that the staff can arrange various day trips with outfits around town (although make sure you ask the staff if you need to bring anything because we were given insufficient information at times). Through the hotel, we arranged a scuba dive with gray sharks, a snorkel with dolphins at Anthony's Key Resort (worth every penny!) and a canopy tour through the treetops nearby. Finally, Celeste and Milos host the occasional sundowners for the guests as well as a weekly pig roast at a nearby charity event for local schools.

Overall, we had an excellent experience and would recommend it to anyone looking to find tasty breakfasts, gracious hosts and an ideal location in Roatan - all for an affordable price.

Comments