Gracias Hotels

Our Members Say

• atufft profile photo atufft
  • Reviews: 3020

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Guancascos Hotel and Restaurant: Great Hilltop View and Secure Parking

This is certainly one of the best places to stay in town, and frankly it's not at all expensive. Gracias ranked as one of the cheapest towns during our travels in Honduras. The room was not extraordinary, having less luxury that we experienced at Copan or on the Caribbean coast, but service was friendly and capable. We parked the car inside a locked gate at night, and we had access to a restaurant and bar from early morning until late at night. Wifi is available at the restaurant lobby area. Our room had a great view, as does the restaurant. The rooms themselves are nothing special, but the bed was comfortable, and the shower adequate and clean.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• calcaf38 profile photo calcaf38
  • Reviews: 499

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel y Restaurante Guancascos: Great accommodation and info resource

I tend to avoid hotels owned by expats, fearing that the experience will be once-removed, so to speak. But I made an exception in Gracias, and am I glad I did.

The Guancascos is three uphill blocks from the bus station. I arrived mid-morning without a reservation, and I felt at home right away. My room, #13, was up several flights of outside stairs, with a balcony and a hammock over a fine view of the town. The bathroom was fine too, with a real shower head. The bed had a concrete base (as is traditional in Honduras and Nicaragua), yet it was very comfortable.

The hotel has a restaurant (which I only tried at breakfast time) and laundry service. But most valuable for me was the assistance of the owner, Dutch born Fronica Miedema, in organizing an excursion to the Celaque Mountain National Park that was just right for my schedule and my physical condition.

This was by far the best hotel I stayed in Honduras.

• Opinion of Price: about average