Hotel Plaza Del Libertador

Hotel Plaza del Libertador
Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Tegucigalpa

Un poco mas cerca.Un poco mas cerca.

Plastic silver sprayed christmas trees for salePlastic silver sprayed christmas trees for sale

Beautiful doorBeautiful door

Central ParkCentral Park

Cheapest Airfare from Honduras to Venezuela !!!??

by atravelmama2005

I have vacation in May - Many are traveling to Valencia, Venzuela for a wedding. I want to visit some friends first in Tegucigalpa before the wedding. I am not finding air carriers that offer good rates most are very $$$. Or they all seem to take you back to the U.S. then onto Caracas. I wanted to hear from some of the locals, Please. I have heard about visit south america travel passes (needing to purchase 4 coupons Min) but many of them do not include central and south america.

RE: Cheapest Airfare from Honduras to Venezuela !!!??

by ViajeLatino

This answer will be too late for you, but I am sure it will help others.

Continental and Copa work together (Copa is half owned by Continental), and Taca/American work together.

Either combination could offer a good deal on airfares to get you into Tegucigalpa first, and then on to Caracas.

For example, you could fly from the USA non-stop to Tegucigalpa on Continental Airlines, stopover in Tegucigalpa, then get onto Copa Airlines and fly to Caracas same day (connecting in Panama City, Panama). This is the way to avoid having to reconnect in the USA and a way to avoid the US taxes twice!

Travel Tips for Tegucigalpa

What to do?

by a005116

If you do stay here you can visit the many churches around. In the inner city at the 'plaza de morazán' you'll find the cathedral, a little further 'San Fransisco', ....
Another interesting place can be the museum 'Museo de la historia Republicana Villa Roy' where you can see as well old mayan sculptures as modern Honduran art.

IN COLD IN TEGUCIGALPA

by Sininen

I had been trying to avoid big cities as much as possible but deciced that I'd stay one day in the capital of Honduras just to prove myself that I was not afraid of cities. I arrived there by bus from Valle de Ángeles and as I was having a nasty cold I was not in my best mood to fight against the taxi drivers who surrounded me as soon as I got out of the bus. I would rather have had time to look at my guide book and find out where exactly I was but gave up when this persistent taxi driver wouldn't leave. He asked where I wanted to go and I said that to a cheap and clean hotel. Usually I don't 'trust' anybody else's advice but this time I was too tired to fight. We agreed the rate, 30 lempiras, and off we went. Hotel where he took me was actually only three blocks away so I could have walked there, but never mind.

The driver didn't have change so he came with me to the hotel and waited until I checked in. Well, the receptionist didn't have change either, so he sent a cleaning lady to exchange my 500 lempiras. She returned but still the bills were too large and the driver couldn't get his fee. The cleaning lady left again and finally I could pay both the taxi ride and my room. The receptionist told me that the taxi driver's fee was too small and made it sound as an accusation! He didn't know how long ride I took and after all I paid the driver what he asked, because as I've already mentioned I was too tired to fight. Probably I paid too much!

I had a quick shower and changed clothes. On the way to the hotel I saw that a bank was open though it was Saturday so I walked there as I wanted to have enough money for the weekend. I was prepared to have a real hassle with my T/C's (see my Granada and Léon pages) but all went smoothly and ten minutes later I was back in the street ready to conquer Tegucigalpa.

Comments