Valle de Ángeles Hotels

Our Members Say

• atufft profile photo atufft
  • Reviews: 3020

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Posada de Angel: Perhaps the Best Hotel in Town

Centrally located, this is a hotel of substantial size that caters to bus tours. So perhaps it was fortunate that we called the hotel during our stay in Amapala, the day before. We arrived on Christmas Eve and were assigned a pleasant room with traditional tile floors and yellow painted adobe style walls. The bathrooms needed a little restoration work, but generally this was otherwise a very comfortable place to stay. We had cable TV, and the hotel restaurant served breakfast very nicely. The staff was courteous. The hotel is arranged in a traditional courtyard manner with rooms surrounding the swimming pool and gardens. Unfortunately some outside rooms may get noise from the street. Our room was on a unimportant side street, so noise from youths throwing fireworks was not too bad. Trip Advisor ratings seemed worse than the experience we faced. If one compares this to the best, then you'll be disappointed, but compared to most of Honduras, this place is better than average.

• Opinion of Price: about average

• Sininen profile photo Sininen
  • Reviews: 727

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Villas del Valle: BASIC AND CLEAN

My first choice was Posada del Angel with its swimming pool, but it was full so I walked to Villas del Valle, which turned out to be very pleasant place to stay. It has several cabins in the garden and some rooms in the colonial house, where the reception is located too. The guide books and even web pages tell that the rooms have shared bathrooms, but I had a private bathroom. The room was very basic, but large and clean with TV. The owner and the man in the reception were both very helpful when I was planning my hike to La Tigra. They even let me wash some clothes because there is no laundry in the village. In the morning I had breakfast in their dining room and it was plentiful and cheap. During my stay there were many Honduran people staying in the hotel and they had some guided exercising in the garden and it was funny to look at them!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average