Jamaica Hotels

Our Members Say

• traveller_2013 profile photo traveller_2013

Beach side: The experience at the Villa was phenomenal

my family and myself to spend time at your beautiful vacation villa. The place offered the quiet, peaceful, relaxing, entertaining and convenience we were looking for. Millicent and Lindo (hope my spelling of their names are correct) were very accommodating, warm and friendly people. They responded to our needs. The meals provided by Millicent were awesome. The young's and older enjoyed all the amenities that came with the villa. Only wished we could have stayed longer

The most outstanding characteristics are: First and Foremost the Staff, they were excellent. The pool, great view and centrally located. The owner also provided a complimentary coach and driver for our stay.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written July 25, 2013

• geesecrets profile photo geesecrets

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

grand palladium resorts and spa: grand palladium resorts and spa

I would never stay at this hotel again.. the service by staff was horrendous. I've had encounters with some very rude staff looking annoyed and speaking in their native language about the guest. I am from Jamaica and I would not recommend this place to anyone .. it looks beautiful on the outside but that's about it. Some rooms are leaking and when you want to switch the room they want you to down grade . Absolutely ridiculous, that's not what I paid for.. the restaurants hmmm you have roaches running on the floor , wait time is anywhere from an hour to two hours.. NOT RECOMMENDED

The main pool is huge, not much of a beach that sucked. For Jamaica I would expect more beach it was about 1/2 mile with you a bunch of rocks I'm it.. not much sand they put some sand over concrete.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written August 20, 2012

• ArchieW1 profile photo ArchieW1

Silver Sands, Jamaica: Jamaica's best kept secret

We have been to Jamaica twice and planning a third trip. ALL trips have been to Silver Sands, where we rented a vacation home. It is a gated community, with a killer beach (never crowded & powder white sand), small beach bar, villa mart & snack hut. It is about a 45 minute ride from Montego Bay - transportation to & from the airport is included in the price. You have your own cook & housekeeper. You buy your own food but that is handled through your staff and is no problem. They go with your budget and likes. It is great not having to cook or go home with dirty laundry. Your clothes are washed and folded daily!

Houses vary in size - starting at one bedroom - luxury, extra accomodations, price and ammeneties - pool or not - ocen view or not - hot tub or not - etc, etc, etc. It is well within your budget, you can feel safe, the ride is not far from Montego Bay Airport and you will get that much needed sister-time and relaxation you are looking for, eat when you want & not have to dress for meals... etc. A very personal touch! We have stayed in AI's and they are great and have much to offer - but if you're like us and prefer to be on your own schedule, enjoy a bit of privacy along with that pampering - there is no comparison... a private villa all the way!

Our first trip was in 2000 (we were in our 40's) - traveling with two single girls in their 20's and our daughter & her husband = 30's. All loved it. Second trip was last year with our daughter & husband (30-40)... we're a bit older now... and two grandsons age 14 & 17. ALL loved it! This September we are returning with another couple our age. Point being, it works for families and people of all ages.

Cost will vary depending on how luxurious you chose for your home and how many bedrooms you need... and how many are going with you to share the cost. Rental cost will depend on ocean view, pools, etc.

Each time we went we stayed in a different villa. They were all great - we just wanted to try a different home. Anyway, food, tip, an excursion ro two, airfare (from Ohio) and our rental = came to about $2000 per couple. The more that go, the cheaper it gets. For example - A house may rent for about 1800 for 2 bedrooms for the week. 2 couples = 900 per couple. If a third couple goes along and you rent three bedrooms = the rate may only go up an additional $200 for the week - making your rental for 3 bedrooms, about $667 per couple for the week. Some are pricier and others are cheaper. . . but it is VERY affordable and will fit ALL price ranges!

So, if you're sharing, check out your house - divide by how many is going. Add your tip (up to you), tranfer to & from airport included (no worry there) add your airfare (varies depending on where you live) and some cost for food (how much do you eat?? $150 or so per couple)..... throw in some mad money... it's really not hard to plan.

Almost forgot! Beach bar will let you run a tab & pay at the end of the week. They prefer not to use a credit/debit card for less than $50. No problem. We ran a tab for the week and payed the night before we left. It was outrageously cheap for 4 adults & 2 teens who spent a couple of hours sitting on the patio enjoying the breeze, sounds of the waves and playing cards every night.... Came to just over $10 a night!

Some owners rent their villas on their own and others go through an agency or company to market and handle their rentals. You can do a search for Silver Sands, Jamaica. We have always gone through CCV (mysilversands.com) and have been very satisfied.

There are so many tips I could add but will leave well enough alone for now. If you have questions.... just let me know. I'll be glad to answer!

security, great views, pool, personal staff, outstanding beach, private

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written July 8, 2012

White Sand beach at Silver Sands, Jamaica

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

HOLIDAY INN SUNSPREE: RESORT IN MONTEGO BAY

Located only 9kms from the airport HOLIDAY INN SUNSPREE is an all-inclusive resort.
Amenities include:
Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main restaurant "Portside"
3 A La Carte Restaurants - Italian - Jamaican - Spanish
Gift Shop
Photo Shop
Cambio - Currency Exchange - near the Lobby Desk
ATM Machine
Laundry Facilities - Located next to Games Room in Building 5 and at the Tennis Centre by Building 1. Use of washers and dryers is complimentary. Supplies may be purchased from gift shop.

Hotel Rooms:

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Breezes Grand Negril Resort and Spa: Negril All Inclusive Stay

The grounds and beach are kept very clean.
The entire resort needs a facelift. It used to be a high end resort, but is now tired and so they changed it to the Breezes name. It really needs some attention in order to live up to the 5 star rating that it currently has.
The staff also need some training. We spoke with a few people while we were there and it was almost a mutual feeling that the staff did not care to make your stay memorable. We did find a few that were great like Eyon, Danes the waiters and Max the wood carver were the only ones that stood out. In my opinion that is a very low number considering the amount of people that work at the resort.
The entertainment staff really try hard to keep you happy and we appreciated that.
There is no music at the resort during the day except for the clothing optional area where the party always seemed to be happening. The bar beach also had music that played very softly, so you could only hear it if you were ordering a drink.
The food at the buffet was alright. There was nothing that stood out at all. The only two great meals were the lamb chops at the Reggae Cafe and the lobster at the Managers Gala.
The food at the a la carte restaurants was better, so I would suggest booking as many as you can for dinner.
Our room did have a flat screen and new A/C, but they need to change the Jacuzzi that you can almost kill yourself when getting out and the dated decor.
The pool also looked like it wasn't cleaned most of the time, so we only went in once.
We really did like the afternoon tea that they offered. The goodies were delicious!
They have no menus anywhere to order drinks from, so either order something that you know or ask one of the more friendly staff members to make you their specials.
We did go during slow season so I definitely do think that it affected the quality of the food and the energy of the staff.
I would only recommend this resort because of the beach and the water sports that it includes.

The beach is amazing at Bloody Bay where this resort is on. The water is crystal clear, the sand is powdery, it's shallow for a long distance and always warm!

This particular resort also has amazing watersports included like diving, snorkelling, glass bottom boat, waterskiing, kayaking, wind surfing and a few others. It is part of the all inclusive price and is well worth it.

If you look carefully you will see a lot of lizards, crabs, butterflies and hummingbirds on property.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports, Beaches
  • Written October 17, 2011
Tip Photo

View of the Beach from our room

• michealjohnson1 profile photo michealjohnson1

Tropical Court Resort: Montego Bay, Jamaica

I stay at Tropical Court Hotel in Montego on my recent trip to jamaica. I just loved the place, When you walk in to resort they give a Welcome drink, The place was just wonderful, there was wifi internet and flat screen tvs everywhere. The place was clean and lovely.

It is near to everything, it is overlooking the montego bay airport.

• Written October 1, 2011

• Sassafrasskass profile photo Sassafrasskass
  • Reviews: 16

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn - Sunspree Montego Bay: Good thing for Jamaican Delights!

Overall it was ok!
- good location, not far from airport
- spread out, easy to find way around
- ok food, not great
- shuttles to different bars in town & back
- many different options for tours
- cleanliness was great
- staff was friendly
- beach was ok, nothing great

- good for snack foods such as ice cream, grilled cheese, fries, jerk huts
- many planned activities throught the day / night
- very nice pool & well maintained
- beautifully groomed gardens & landscaping
- has its own little sand bar / island with loungers

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written July 31, 2011

• ClintonUSA profile photo ClintonUSA
  • Reviews: 3

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel and Spa Jamaic: So far so good

I chose the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa for my June 2011 family reunion. I have previously stayed at this hotel in 2009 and I really enjoyed the regal atmosphere provided by the 1st class service of the staff and the 5 star accommodations at the resort. I was a little worried when planning for my stay this year, June 2011, because my family can be a little selective and they are familiar with 5 star resorts. However I simply E-mailed the Director Adjunto, David Martin, and he replied the next day like a professional. Mr. Martin replied: Thank you very much for choosing Grand Palladium Jamaica & Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa for such a special occasion. I copy the Rooms Division team who will do all the arrangements on your arrival. I hope all the above mentioned will help you; please do not hesitate to contact me if there’s anything else I can do from this end. Now I can relax for the next 14 days till I arrive and till my family arrives. I will Post my results during this vacation

• Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written May 31, 2011

• RawdgerDodger profile photo RawdgerDodger
  • Reviews: 108

Endless Summer Villas: My Silver Sands

Our stay was nothing short of spectacular! Our Endless Summer Villa was a luxurious 7 bedroom villa on the beach with a solar heated swimming pool and hot tub. Every day we enjoyed panoramic views, framed by coconut trees, of the Caribbean Sea just 15 yards away. Endless Summer’s size was perfect for our large group of friends (12 of us) who wished to vacation together whilst still enjoying our own privacy and private beach. The two shifts of staff allowed us to enjoy the most relaxing vacation we had ever dreamed of. While we had a group of friends and family in our twenties our awesome staff, who catered to our every wish and desire, informed us that our villa was commonly used by large groups or families.

Meals are served at the villa by Private Chef Scottie! Jerk Chicken and Fish meals were very tasty. Leftovers from Chef Scottie's meals are placed in the refrigerator and we could access the kitchen all night. The 24 hour kitchen even allowed us to cook ourselves up some eggs at 3 am in the morning! The pool was incredible and a local beach bar and mini mart store was just a short five minute walk down the beach. If we wanted to go anywhere, a driver came and picked us up and took us to the various tourist sights in and around Montego Bay including Ocho Rios falls and Margaritaville. Since we were a bunch of young-uns, as per request, our driver even took us to a popular locals nightclub called "The Pier" to experience Jamaican nightlife firsthand.

• Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 29, 2011

3 story beach house!

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

Riu Ocho Rios: All Inclusive Stay

The resort is a Riu so it has a great lobby
The rooms were nice and I always enjoy the fact that Riu's have their own liquor dispensers in the rooms as well as a mini fridge that is stocked a few times a week.
The shows were not that great, but you can tell that the staff try really hard.
They do have a disco and a 24 hour sports bar.
Beach party was awesome with dancing and a fire show.
The food was good. The bbq by the pool was great and the jerk chicken by the beach was amazing!
The beach is nice and you can walk a long it for a long distance.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written May 5, 2011

Resort Grounds

• rnew06 profile photo rnew06

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton: You get what you pay for

I visited the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton at the end of March 2011 and all I can say is you get what you pay for!
If you are looking for a cheap no extra’s vacation in a beautiful location then Grand Palladium might be what you are looking for but if you want anything extra, don’t waste your money or time. Let me start off by saying I have traveled to many All-inclusive clubs all over the Caribbean so I know what to expect and what not to expect from an all-inclusive vacation.
Let’s start with the good;
The location is beautiful, the food and drink are as good as you can expect from an all-inclusive, and some of the employees such as Marlin from the bell staff, Dave from the adult pool, Holness from the breakfast buffet, and Judine from the front desk really went out of their way to make my stay pleasurable.
As for the bad, that would be everything else!
Let’s start with the management….”No, I’m sorry sir we can’t do that” should be printed on a banner at the entrance to the resort because whatever you asked for, that was the answer you would receive. I wanted to break a ten dollar bill to tip the staff and I was told, ”No, I’m sorry sir we can’t do that”. I asked if they could put extra water in my mini bar instead of soda and I was told, ”No, I’m sorry sir we can’t do that”.
Every restaurant requires long pants so if you want to eat dinner in shorts it must be at the buffet. If you are on your way to the beach and you want to stop at the buffet for breakfast don’t even think of wearing a tank top because you will not be allowed in the doors. Speaking of restaurants if you are not a VIP guest or belong to their travel club then you cannot make dinner reservations, it works on a first come, first serve basis. On an average night you could be waiting 1 to 2 hours for a table unless you eat at 5pm. If you are not feeling well or got too much sun and don’t want to go to dinner it’s too bad. There is no room service and you cannot take food out of the buffet or restaurants no matter what you tell them.
As for the property it as beautiful as I previous stated but it is large and spread out. Be ready to walk to everything and not a short walk either, however they do have golf cart shuttles but you will wait 10 to 30 minutes for it to arrive to pick you up. The location of the property could be a bit of a problem if you want to go on excursions. It takes at least 45 minutes to get anywhere and that’s if there is no traffic. The property is around 5 years old but in need of serious maintenance from minor light bulbs not being replaced to uneven walkways that are unlit and possibly dangerous. As for the rooms, the beds are hard as a rock and the pillows are flat. Our air conditioner kept the room just barely comfortable at night but the room was hot during the day. I asked other guests about their air conditioning and most of them had the same complaint.
To sum up this review the Grand Palladium is defiantly not a 5 star resort as they claim. I would give it 2 ½ to 3 stars at best. I have read some reviews where people claim that this is a 5 star resort but it is obvious that these people have not been to a 5 star resort before. In short if you want a cheap vacations and have no expectations then the Grand Palladium maybe for you. However if you want a bit more out of your vacation than pick another resort even if it means paying a bit more, you will be happy you did.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written April 1, 2011

• TheTravelSlut profile photo TheTravelSlut
  • Reviews: 277

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hedonism II in Negril's southwest coast: Hedonism II resort--the 1, the original

Hedo II is the Caribbean's wildest, most fun all-inclusive, clothing optional/nude (in some areas) resort and a full report has been added since my last trip (#9).

Next up is the 8th Annual Group Trip to Hedonism from June 21-28, 2014 and another attempt at a VT meet in the most unusual venue you are likely every to experience..

Anyone interested in learning more, just email me. :-)

All inclusive oceanfront resort
All tips and gratuities
All non motorized watersports
24/7 food and premium drinks
All entertainment
Clothing optional and nude only pools and beaches
Piano bar and disco

Lots to see and do here

• TheTravelSlut profile photo TheTravelSlut
  • Reviews: 277

Hedonism III-Runaway Bay, Jamaica: Hedonism III closed Aug. 2010

NOTE: Hedonism II (the original Hedo resort) IS OPEN and is being upgraded bigtime (July 2013).

Hedonism III, after many great years and experiences with 1000's of guests, closed permanently in mid-August, 2010.

That left Hedo II to fill the void and where I take a Group every June. Next group trip is set for June 21-28, 2014 and again, it is open to all and I even have a open meeting to any and all VT members.

It is very sad to see Hedo III go and I left behind many friends on staff there.

Ann, TS

See above

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 25, 2010

One of my rock of my visits to Hedonism since 2005

• HotSpotJ profile photo HotSpotJ
  • Reviews: 512

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton: A New Jewel

I spent a nice chunk of time at this resort on a business getaway and loved it. It was fairly new at the time (May 2009) so there were still some training quirks with the largly local staff, but all in all a great resort. It was in Lucea between Negril and Ocho Rios and made for a very relaxxing time. I recommend the villa to the West end for the better sunsets....

The convienant location was great, and the five on-site restaurants were nice as well.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Water Sports
  • Written June 12, 2010

Killer sunset

• danmcf profile photo danmcf
  • Reviews: 215

Hilton Rose Hall Resort: Your Typical big, all inclusive, resort

Spent our last 2 nights here using Hilton Honor points, making it a 'free' stay.
Typical big, all inclusive resort. Food was fine, pool was fine. Beach was a bit rocky in spots, but nice just the same.

The most unique aspect of Hilton's Rose Hall resort is the 'water park'. Nothing too big, but great for family (we had fun too).

• Opinion of Price: N/A