Hope Wharf, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Old BoatOld Boat

One Shop in the Parking LotOne Shop in the Parking Lot

Montego Bay

by Cindysoylites

My husband & I are planning a trip to Montego Bay June 30-July 5. Our anniversary is July 2. Has anyone stayed at Coyaba Beach Resort & Club? It seems like a place we'd like. I've been to Jamaica twice. First time hubby was Kingston. Second time I won a trip to Montego Bay. Stayed at an all-inclusive resort however something got messed up with my "free" accomodations so we ended up paying for meals & drinks. I'm hesitant to pay for all-inclusive 'cause we like to venture into the locals areas but we do have breakfast where we stay & of course some drinks. I'd appreciate help.
Thanks & Have a Peaceful Day,
Cindy
C

Re: Montego Bay

by Odinnthor

That resore is excellent and a small one rather than a big AI (all inclusive). Do know though that it is not in Montego Bay proper. It is about 15-17 miles east of Mo Bay, so you need to understand that in order to sample the real Mo Bay strip you will need some transport.

Re: Montego Bay

by dustmon

Have you considered Negril? On the westernmost point of Jamaica, the sunsets are incredible out in the ocean every night, the ambiance is better than Mobay (I think) and there are plenty of different places to stay and eat----there is the 7 mile beach with tons to do, and then there is The Cliffs, an area with smaller resorts, more private, and gorgeous places to stay and eat all up and down the Lighthouse Road, which goes from the main beach area up to the Lighthouse, and further. My fave place these days is Seagrape Villas (seagrapevillas.com) which has 2 rental houses right on the ocean, very reasonable, private and fun. Lots of restaurants close by for that real Jamaican experience. We have lots of specific tips on Negril at VT---check them out!

Travel Tips for Jamaica

Jamaica - Beware

by fe&Dave

This was our first all-inclusive holiday and why we now want to escape from the confines of the all inclusive holiday. Dont get me wrong the hotel was clean and we had a honeymoon suite at Club Ambience. we just felt that the tour operator made you feel it wasnt safe to go off on your own and of course wanted to sell their trips which were very expensive - anyway we didnt take any notice and hired a car for a couple of days in the first week and clubbed together with another couple for a couple of days in the second week and really enjoyed getting out and seeing the real sites. We didnt feel safe all of the time and felt quite intimidated at times but if you are getting out you have to just be careful and ignore the locals who in tourists areas all have some thing to sell (rip you off !) If you get out of the tourist areas the people are lovely and everything is "no problem". We thought that the favourite past time is sitting and looking at what you are doing - particularly when we went snorkelling off the tourist route when we had tow or three locals just sitting and watching us.

More to come....

Dunn River Falls and Boat Party

by AVSENT

"Great Tour"

Climb falls, get on boat, get drunk and party! What a great tour. This excursion was arranged at the resort where I was staying. They had lots of tours leaving for all and part day tours. We got on a bus at about 9:45 a.m. and stopped at a few other hotels along the way to pick up more tourists that were going on the tour.

"Along the Way"

We had a really nice guide and really nice scenic views of this tropical paradise. It took about an hour to get to Ochos Rios from Montego Bay.

Ochos Rios

by AVSENT

"Hard Rock Cafe"

Well, the Hard Rock Cafe is a usual stop when I travel. On this particular day at about noon there was hardly anyone here so, I just took pictures and bought a shirt. Then I went to the local tourist shops and bought like 5 shirts for 20.00 USD. One shop offered 8 for 20.00 USD. What was I going to do with this many shirts-so, I didn't buy them.

This is the entrance to a two story restaurant. The bar is on the main floor and dining is upstairs.

There are plenty of shops around the Hard Rock. This is one of them. Since, it is in downtown Ochos Rios, there are plenty of places within walking distance. Ochos Rios is also where Dunn River Falls is located.

Comments