Frenchman's Cove Resort

Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Average

• traciontheriver's Profile Photo

Best of the Jamaican Experience

My sister and I stayed at Frenchman's Cove Resort for 5 nights and didn't want to leave! From the moment we arrived, our senses were on overload with the flora, fauna, beach and the staff and even the driver, Renford Taylor (awesome). Then we were driven to our villa (#3) and were overwhelmed with this secluded stone villa nestled into the jungle.

Unique Quality: We loved the stone walls, hand-cut, the wood ceilings and the incredible views! We walked around the whole property (45 acres) during our stay and even toured some of the villas and found them all to be unique, charming and very eco friendly-making a really small carbon foot-print on this amazing piece of Jamaica.
    We were pampered the entire trip, the rooms immaculate, "anything you desire" attitude from everyone made us feel royal! (They catered to The Royals, The Beatles, Ian Fleming, loads of others, so they know what they are doing!
    I can't say enough, You must stay at Frenchman's Cove Resort if you are considering any type of vacation. It is cheaper than the inclusive packages and the Resort can assist you with shuttles, drivers, reservations, tours and they really take care of everything!

Directions: 4 miles east of Port Antonio on the left.

• Jungle and ocean

We stayed at Frenchman's Cove for a week in June. Loved it. Jungle around our villa and right on the ocean. Totally Awesome! Peaceful, great service. Huge. A house without a stove/oven. Room could use some updating. I loved the crabs by the ocean. My wife, 1 year old son and myself. Would go again!.

Unique Quality: In a jungle, on the ocean. Living in a house. Exceptional views.

Directions: East of Port Antonio, off main road.

More about Frenchman's Cove Resort

Christmas??

by sarose2

I am thinking of taking myself and my two kids (ages 26 and 15) to Jamaica for christmas. The 15 year old wants a "nice" beach resort. I think by that she means a swimming pool and pretty grounds, attractive room. The other two of us are less fussy. In fact, we would prefer a non-inclusive situation, so we could explore local restaurants. While in a country, we like to eat native foods, shop for local crafts (not tourist stuff but rather real folk art) and perhaps collect shells. what area of Jamaica would you suggest we stay at for best access to these things? Is Christmas in Jamaica a "fun" experience? many thanks, susan

RE: Christmas??

by francod47

Go to Port Antonio! It is so pretty. Visit the the Blue Lagoon. It is the most beatiful spot in the world. There is a little open air restarunt right there. You can jump over the rails into the water. It is super deep and fed by springs, awesome. Frenchmans cove is another stunning spot. There are some nice hotels around. Go to woodys low bridge for dinner.

RE: Christmas??

by pancharnic

The ideal place would be TReasure Beach but there are no "beach resorts" there. Just really Jamaican folks. So that will cancel out the 15 year old. The other areas is Negril - not too touristy but still you do have the chance to pop out and visit lots of local sites. Negril also has a wide selection of non all inclusive hotels. Ochi has nice beach resorts, local craft (a lot of touristy stuff but some good things too). I am not sure there will be one place where you can get it all but maybe Ocho Rios is the closest.

Christmas is our fun time of year. Check out the local markets in some of the villages. Check out the Chritmas tree in every village square etc. Pop into Kingston for the Christmas fairs and plays.

Comments