Beaches Boscobel Resort and Golf Club All Inclusive

St. Ann, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Caribbean

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Orbitz.com BookIt.com CheapCaribbean

• Beaches Lied to Everyone

Like others on this page my family's vacation was also ruined. For two years a large family trip was planned. Three families in all. We booked through the website that sold us the dates in November for Boscobel. After the other two families each received full refunds and vouchers for the trouble I decided to call the resort to see how our refund was coming. After an entire month of phone calls, with none returned, I found out was that we had been rebooked to Sandy Bay and told to take it or leave it. When I explained that we were traveling with 2 other families for a trip of some real significance the people on the other end of the line could not have sounded less interested. When I told them that the other families received full refunds and vouchers they still didn't care. Take it or leave it. They claimed they didn't know about the renovations at Boscobel. Would an American company get away with this? Would an American company even try.
    To make matters worse they have refused to refund any portion of the airfare. We don't want to go to Sandy Bay. If we did then we would have booked that resort. We have only so much time to use the airfare, purchased through Beaches website, or we lose it. Also, the airline wants to charge my family $150 per person to change our travel date. A $150 per person charge to tap on some computer keys so that I can use my own money. Why is this legal?
    I have no idea how this is going to turn out. Probably get screwed like everyone else. One thing is for certain, Beaches will not receive another penny from me for the rest of my life and I will tell everyone to avoid them. So if you're planning a trip to a Beaches destination, buyer be ware. They don't care about you at all and will stick it to you without giving it a second thought. How many people are they absolutely infuriating with this stunt? Yet they are going through with it anyway. Perhaps all of us aggrieved customers should file a class action law suit. Anyone in?

• uvionpatrol's Profile Photo

Family Fun and more!

We stayed at this hotel after experiencing a previous Beaches vacation. Once again, the staff of this chain of resorts wowed us with their superior training. We wanted for nothing. Our kids are usually a handful so I hate leaving them with strangers. At Beaches Boscobel, however, the staff are capable of handling all types of little personalities so we were able to get lots of down time on our own. Don't be afraid to venture outside of the hotel. The tours are very educational and exciting. If you are thinking of taking a family vacation, don't try to go at it alone. You may be tempted to save more on a cheap vacation but nothing makes up for peace of mind. We all enjoyed the spa services together and the kids experienced their very first massages. In all, Beaches Boscobel was a wonderful vacation and we would definitely go back.

Unique Quality: Superior staff.

More about Beaches Boscobel Resort and Golf Club All Inclusive

Beaches Boscobel was so fun!

We were there Aug. 19-24, 2003 and had a wonderful time. Our van drivers were better than some of those reported here. We had a wonderful ocean view and the room was big enough for the 4 of us (2 teenage boys) to move around comfortably. There was a delay checking into our room, so they took us to lunch first. It was our first time at a Beaches, so it took a while to learn you had to make reservations for things like snorkeling and the scuba lessons, so our first full day didn't include all the activities we would have liked. But overall, it was a great experience, and none of us wanted to leave!

boscobel=blast

Just got back with my wife and three kids. Was very apprehensive due to negative reviews. Terry at vacationkids.com had to reaasure us. But what a great time. Food was delicious with a great selection. All the staff friendly and helpful. Delroy at the pool bar was just great. Forget those negative reviews its the perfect spot for a family getaway. Much respect mon!

Great Trip!

Beaches Boscobel was everything we hoped it would be. Our Luxury Suite room was larger than we had anticipated, with a double size balcony and an awesome ocean view. My husband and I brought our 3 girls ages 8,13,15. We were all in the same room. I never felt crowded. The pool area was wonderful and very entertaining,lots of activities all the time. We mostly watched other people playing them,which was just as much fun. They also had kids activities for all ages which regrettably our children did not participate in. We should have had them go the first day. But they prefered to stay with us. Towards the end of the week my older kids were getting bored. They really would have had more fun had they met other kids. My youngest daughter met friends and basically had the run of the resort helping herself to food,icecream and smoothies. We never worried about her. The beach activities were also fun. The banana boat was not in working order most of the week. Also the elevator down to the beach was not working. Not really that big a deal to us. We probably would have used the stairs anyway. The ocean was awesome. Like bath water! Snorkeling was fun, but too short a trip. You have to sign up ahead of time. We would have liked to do it more than once. Down at the beach you will find ladies wanting to braid hair. Make sure you bargain with them they start out high but will negotiate. I paid $50 for two girls whole head. They will take you around the side of resort to another beach with goods for sale. Really neat experience we really enjoyed meeting the people of Jamaica. The only complaint we had was the food. It was very average. Not enough seafood choices for us. Also the wine was horrible. (Spoiled Californians) The best restaurant by far was the buffet. Lots to choose from and very fresh. Also don't miss the ribs at the barbeque grill. Too die for! We took a trip to Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Cove. Very fun. We had a private guide up the Falls. We paid him $15 to video tape us ad guide us up. Well worth it. Don't do the big tour with lots of people. It will take forever. All in all we had a great time. Would definitely do it again. We would probably choose to stay somewhere where we could hop from resort to resort as you do get a little cabin fever.

Great trip! Fun things to do! Fair food

We went to Beaches Boscobel with 4 people. 2 adults, and 2 children. 1 child is 12 years old, and the other 20 years old. We went from Saturday, to Saturday. Their airport was quite ugly, but understandable for a 3rd world country. We had a nice bus to get there. It was a 2 hour drive to get from the airport in Montego Bay to the resort in Ocho Rios. When we got there, we were starving and tired. It was about 8:00 PM. We were checked in to the resort in about 15 minutes. We only got 1 key on the night of check in, and they said we would get 2 more the next day. We went to the italian restaurant to get dinner, and it was 1 hour wait. We then made our way to the International Buffet. There was a pretty good selection of food. There is also a kids food section buffet. They had excellent deserts. The food at the buffet was good, not the best I have had, but above average. We went swimming that night in their huge pool with swim up bar. The pool was nice and warm. Half of the pool was about 3.5 FT and the other half about 5 FT. Our room was huge! We had no problem getting luggage upstairs to our room. The bellman was helpful, and took all of the luggages for us. Room was quite hot when we got there, because air conditioning was off. Within 1 hour of us turning the air on, it was nice and cool. We ended up going to the italian restaurant. Food was superb! Service was quick, and relaxed enviroment. We played pool in the 2 outdoor pool tables late that night. Pool balls are hard to get, because you have to rent them from the entertainment center for free. The swim up bar closes at about 5:30 PM. The main outdoor bar closes at about 11:30 PM. The piano bar and disco with bar is open until 3:00 AM. The late night buffet starts at 10:00 PM or so, until 3:00 AM. Very small selection, but great food.
Breakfast was very good, once again, big selection. Lunch at the buffet was also quite good. They have a "refreshment" area on the property.
That includes popcorn, drinks, smoothies, and ice cream. The popcorn was not ready when we wanted it. Had to wait 20 mins for it to be ready. There are also coffee/cappachino machines with good drinks!
There is a lunch restaurant outdoors with chinken nuggets, fries, grilled chicken, ribs, wings, etc. The lunch restaurant had excellent food for a mid-day snack. The water was safe to drink, and totally filtered from normal Jamaican water. We found that too many things closed early. The bars closed early, entertainment stopped at 11:00 PM, except for the disco, which no one goes to. We were woken up at 10:00 AM every single day by the entertainment people on the stage doing contests and stuff. Wayyyy to loud. For the first 3 nights, a laidy would call every morning to ask how our trip was at about 7:30 AM. We finally told the manager what was happening, and he assured us that would not happen again, and it didn't. The first night, the fire alarm went off for about 10 seconds. Elevators were good speed, but got stuck a lot. They just put a brand new elevator to get to the beach from the property. Beach was very nice! Gets deep very quickly. Trampoline was in the ocean. Water sports stopped at 4:00 PM due to high tides, and fast nightfall. The watersports included banana boating, kayaking, water bycicles, sail bots, etc. The water sports were very fun. At the main pool, they played pool volleyball daily. Tons of pool mats, and chairs near the pool. Bars were quick, and made good drinks. We used the internet room there for about 5 hours total. It was dial up, on a brand new Dell computer in a little room. Internet was $5.00 US for the first 15 minutes, and then $2.00 US for every 10 mins after that.
Luckily, someone broke the lock, so we could always get in for free :).
Big gift shop! Very hot temperature. Thunderstormed twice, and it was nicely covered, so we didn't get wet. Nightly entertainment on the stage was exciting. Good DJ equipment! I am into Djing, so I got to know the entertainment people, so I ended up doing lighting/sound for all the shows. Most of the people who work there are friendly. Very tight security! No one would ever try and sneek on the property!
Security is all over the place 24/7 which is a good thing! Housekeeping was quick in the morning. When we asked for stuff however, it would take a long time to get it. The tex-mex restaurant was nice! Good food, and great outdoor atmosphere over the ocean. Telephone calls are very expensive. It was cheaper for me to use my world cell phone. Below average video games room. It was all XBox, PS2, and Gamecube consoles in a big room, nicely air conditioned. We had a very big balcony with light, so it was nice. The huge chess board is lots of fun. There is a mini zoo there, that has birds, goats, etc. The property had very nice gardening and fountains. Very modern buildings! The bus ride back was nice, but took too long. The shopping complex in the airport is very nice, considering it is such a horrible airport. Overall, I would definatly reccommend Beahes Boscobel for people who aren't too picky.
Please email me at jeremy.cohn@jrc.d2g.com if you have any more questions about Beaches Boscobel.

Ya Mon!! just time for all any family

by TripAdvisor Member Gallagher02

WE had a wonderful time..I totally disagree with all the reviews...WE were there from July 24, 2003 to July 31,2003 It was a wonderful vacation...There were 8 of us total ...The children were from 8 to 15 They just had a ball...The weather was very hot and sunny...We had 2 afternoons of rain..We had already been there for awhile and the rain wasn't so bad to stay out of the sun..The rooms were very nice...I did have some complaints about the housekeeping..Our room wasn't cleaned at 6:00 at night...and there were never enough towels or washcloths.. I found this to be a minor thing ...We survived.. It was only on two occasions that we were short towels ..The other concern I had was with the food..I thought what they had was good , but they needed more on the menu..My children seemed to like the buffet..The boats and beach is very nice I didn't find the beach to be small at all.. I would recommend a room on the beach..That was very nice..We had a run of the house rooom and that was nice too!!The staff is very nice and friendly..They really couldn't so enough for you.. I just loved the fun pals..If you are going... say hello to Germaine..He is just wonderful... The pool br is great too...Delroy is a great bartender..he was very nice...The children can sit there with you...They can have a special drink too!!I foung our trip very enjoyable..The views are very nice..We ddid have the 2 1/2 hour bus ride..I just told the driver to take good care of us and don't drive like a nut...We were fine..We went to Dunns River Falls and had a great time..We also went shopping in Ocho Rios..We took our own cab..The hotel will arrange this for you..It was half the price of the tour..We were just fine..The driver stayed with us and took us anywhere we wanted to go.. We paid 60.00 for 8 of us for 4hours...You can also rent jetskies from next store...on the beach...We paid 60.00 for 2 jets for 40 minutes..I thought that was a good deal ..If you are going into town..Don't buy the shirts on the beach..They are only 6 dollars in town..The best you are ging to do is 10.00 on the beach...we did buy jewerly...look around first before you buy...watches are a great price..look here first..Then you know if you are getting a great deal..We did...I will be glad to answer any questions that anyone has..Just sent me a e-mail at aglakeside@comcast.net I would go to any beaches property again..Adele Gallagher

Won't Go Back! No, Never

Not going to complain, just the facts. Could be a good resort with better management, security etc.. Enjoyed the crafts, good water sports, good scuba instructor. But, the rest is comparable to a motel 6 on the side of the interstate. Locals will taunt you while you are on the beach or near the water sports activities desk. Can't understand why security allows the locals to taunt the guests as close as 50 feet off the beach on surf boards. Not worth a premium price comparable to the other Beaches and Sandles resorts. This is definately their LOW end resort. Be sure to negotiate on price, or go someplace else. Please don't set your expectations too high. We stayed in 2 of their best beach front rooms - 20 ft. from the water. It is true about the maid service - rooms were not cleaned until evening (ours was early - 5pm-because it was the honeymoon suite). Make the most of the activities, water sports, scuba, snorkel. Kids enjoyed the kids kamp for the most part. If you are into the water sports make sure that you get to the water sports desk at 8:15am to be able to sign up for scuba or snorkle trips as there are only a few openings per day, and you must sign up 1 day in advance for these activities. If you want to be on the beach - go as close as possible to the Arizona Bar and get there early...beach front seating is hard to come by. Tell your kids to stay away from the guys on the surf boards who surround the swimming area.
If you want your hair braided pay the extra to get it done in the Spa, many had the locals that surround the beach do it and were sorry.

Has anyone that complained got a refund? Pleas let us know!

We had a horrible first weekend. The mgmt staff did not care about all of our problems.. prob should have tipped them, well i would if they would have done something to make up for all the mistakes... make sure you call the week before to confirm reservations... In our group out of 6 reservations 3 were not in the system. This added 5 hours into our check in time b/c no room was ready. That is fine plenty to do until our room is ready... was not going to let this ruin our vacation. Then when we get our room, DO NOT GET ROOM 1400!!! Everyone else in our group got a great view and everything.. we wait 5 hours and get the worst room! it is the view of a roof. I had to complain for like 30 minutes and talk to two differnt people to get a room change. So, we get moved 3 days later... promised upgrades and we get moved to the room next door! so we have a side view of the roof. Then electrical problems in our new room... that night had to leave the outside door open to go to the bathroom. no bathroom or hallway lights. In the morning found ants all over our room... Took them forever the next day to fix both problems... They would fix the lights and leave and then they would go out again. Must have came back to our room like 5 times (I know this is not their fault but they could have moved us. We asked to be moved. We were told no rooms were available, during the week?) The resort was nice... i read reviews and knew it was a small beach.
So, expect that. The staff very friendly except the front desk. I can not say enough about the bartenders Delroy and O'brien. Loved the pool br! After our awful weekend was over we finally got to enjoy the rest of our trip... but that was 4 days out of our trip that was stressful... I am asking for a partial refund on our trip due to managements failure!!! This is how they treat guests... so, if you don't have a problem, then you will prob be fine. But watch out if you do b/c mgmt is not going to help no matter what you do.

Great for the whole family

by TripAdvisor Member jazo

We loved every minute of our vacation. It was especially good for us because we have 3 kids. The programs they had for the children is really great. My 4 year old loved the kids camp. I also have a set of twins not yet 2 years old and was very comfortable leaving them with the staff at the kid's camp. It was just a joy for my husband and I to have some time to enjoy ourselves on such a beautiful property while our kids were being entertained and taken care of. I was a bit disappointed with the food. I think it could have been better and the rooms were not cleaned until late in the evening but besides that, we had a great time. This resort is a great place for people with small children who need a break.

Beaches Boscobel Resort

by mtompkins

Has anyone stayed at this resort? Is it really nice as pictures portray? How about for a family with 3 kids ages 14,13 and 8 years old?

Comments