Route A3, St-Mary, P.O. Box 103, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Caribbean

Booking.com amextravel.com CheapCaribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• j&bscotch's Profile Photo

Best all-inclusive with spa treatments

This resort has fantastic food and fantastic service. When staying for a week, you get a spa treatment each day (sooo luxurious).

Unique Quality: The freshwater pool is gorgeous, the dinners they host on the beach are wonderful, the food is amazing, and there is enough to do without ever leaving. There are excursions available if you choose to leave the resort.

More about Couples Sans Souci

Other resort/hotel options in Ocho Rios

by Dabs about Various

This website had a good listing of the various options for lodging in and around Ocho Rios. All inclusive options include Sandals, Couples, Sans Souci Grand Lido

Ocho Rios Lodging

The two tower 720 room Jamaica Grande is currently undergoing renovation and is the largest resort in Jamaica, this is until the new 1,000 room RIU is completed, currently under construction near Ocho Rios.

The Couples Experience

by onestepaway about Couples Sans Souci/Ocho Rios

Each resort had its own flare and charm about them, I enjoyed the hotel more at Sans Souci but the food at the Ocho, I feel Ocho catered towards and older crowd which was fine, but I liked the view better at Ocho, they both had pluses and minuses, but I rather much stay at Sans. Sans had a great spa, beautiful room, great views and a nice private hot tub.
Ocho had great food, beutiful room view and balcony but catered towards an older crowd.
Ocho is under a revamp, so how knows how it is now.

Sans Souci Resort and Spa

by holligolytly

This place is absolute heaven. Great Food, beautiful beaches, nightly entertainment, sporting activities, and spa services. As an all-inclusive package, you may pay alot up front, but this way you don't worry about paying for every little thing. The package includes spa treatments as well such as a great massage, reflexology, facial, body scrub, manicure, pedicure, etc. I always leave this place feeling like a new person.

Disappointed with Sans Souci

by TripAdvisor Member EbbTide

San Souci was a real disappointment for us.There was a great deal of discussion on a number of message boards and travel review sites over the last few months regarding Couples purchase of Sans Souci. When the purchase first occurred most of these posts suggested the purchase may have an adverse effect on Sans Souci. Based on my previous Couples experiences I was prompted to post on the Couples site that I was excited about the purchase, with Couples I know what to expect and it was to “the best.”

After returning Sat November 19 from 8 nights at Sans Souci I must say that confidence was misplaced.

Sans Souci is a beautiful resort with well maintained grounds from obvious years of care. The resort has character. That being said, so do many resorts

We spent the night before I trip to Sans Souci at a La Quinta Inn. I say without a doubt I was more welcomed by the front desk at that La Quinta Inn than at Sans Souci. A request at the La Quinta Inn was meet with a smile and assistance. At Sans Souci a request was met with a no, I can’t’ help you, or you will have to wait.

The food, with the exception of breakfast was poor at best.

The bartender’s service was dependent on when you tipped them last of how drunk they had become.

Our spa treatments were great and the ladies were wonderful, but the ladies were constantly suggesting an upgrade. Are they on commission? I could not relax because I had to fend off a sales pitch.

And the management staff was invisible.

Please understand, these comments are based on past Couples experiences. I was not expecting the Ritz, but I was expecting Couples.

Wonderful, Wonderful Sans Souci!

by TripAdvisor Member Sparksfly000

We just returned from a lovely stay at Sans Souci - our third. After a false start at the Grand Lido Negril (very disappointing - we stayed one night!) we arrived on Saturday 12/3. I will never stay anywhere else in Jamaica! The property is older than some of the "MacResorts" on the island, and not everything works perfectly, but that's part of the charm for me. The grounds are spectacular, overflowing with trees and greenery, steps leading up and down, (and sideways!) to hidden corners. Pelicans and turtles, lizards, tree frogs and beautiful birds abound -- even a couple of cats I recognized from last year. The staff are pleasant and responsive, and the food is great. Don't expect a "let's party!" atmosphere - the hotel, staff and its guests are friendly but low key and never "in your face." This is a place to reconnect and rediscover. Have a side-by-side massage overlooking the ocean. Wander over to the clothing optional beach and stake out a secluded spot and splash around in the ocean. Instead of the buffet breakfast, order room service and enjoy it outside on your balcony. If you're looking for a romantic getaway in an intimate, beautiful setting, look no further than Sans Souci!

Fantastic Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member travelag

Couples Sans Souci! I can't explain how much I loved it. My travel agent Ana from L & S Travel recommended it. She always seems to know what I like! I am going to the Secrets Excellence next, thanks to Ana I am sure I will have a blast. Please visit their website so you too can have an amazing vacation. And the price? Unbeatable!---

Lovely gardens

Couples Sans Souci has a Mediterranean spa feel, with steep rocky staircases, gardens everywhere, and lots of privacy. I would recommend it with the following advice:
If you are looking for a gorgeous, relaxed and romantic spot, this is a lovely place. It is sprawling and serene, the food is good, the service is almost elegant at times and there are lots of hideaway nooks.
If you are looking for beach nirvana, this will satisfy but may not impress. The primary beach is beautiful, but small and with limited swimming. The secondary, clothing-optional beach is larger, and good swimming is possible but you must bring aqua-shoes because the bottom is rocky. (Don't panic: My husband and I are beach nuts and were totally happy with the resort.)
One important caveat: our first room was an AWFUL verandah suite in E block. DO NOT accept a room in E block, as live entertainment at the main late-night bar is right outside your window. All other buildings seemed fine, and once we were moved into "D" block, we were very happy with our room.

GROUNDS: Sans Souci is built into a rocky cliff over the sea. It is lush - amazing foliage everywhere. Very beautiful and secluded - it's large (27 acres), with lots of winding pathways surrounded by enormous palm trees, ferns and a few flowers. There are two swimming pools with bars, both of which are beautiful, and an amazing "mineral pool" - it's pumped with mineral water from a nearby spring, and is salty and chilly. Sounds awful I know, but it's great and we swam in it at sunset every night. There also are two hot tubs, both large enough for eight people and surrounded by trees. Gorgeous spots, both. One caveat: this place is steep - to get anywhere, you must climb as many as four staircases across the grounds. It may not be a good place for elderly travellers.

ROOMS: So long as you avoid E block, you'll be fine. It seemed to us that every room has an ocean view; the resort is built around a small outcropping so there's ocean on all sides. Rooms are built in two-and three-story small buildings that blend beautifully with the grounds. We had a jacuzzi with french-style windows that opened with a view of the beach. Not a terrifically luxurious room, but comfortable enough.

LOCATION/TRAVEL: The resort is 110 kilometers from Montego Bay airport and the trip on a poorly paved highway in the Couples van took a little more than two hours. To us, this felt too long and far a trip - especially since Negril is half as far. But really, it wasn't bad and don't let the van stop you. Also, the Kingston airport is only 80 kilometers from Sans Souci.

FOOD: The food was quite good, actually - better than I thought. Not too dumb - nothing swimming in cream sauce, etc. One night, there was an enormous Jamaican buffet out on the beach and everything was delicious. There are two main restaurants - one "Italian" and one "French". Neither, of course, are true to their supposed nationalities but the food is good, particularly seafood. A beach grill serves great jerk dishes. Breakfast was excellent, with eggs to order and fresh fruit. Room service was also good for snacks, drinks, or main dishes.

DRINKS: Two sorts of wine in red and white: sweet (ugh) and dry (not bad). Champagne is a very drinkable, low-alcohol prosecco-like beverage - I recommend. Beer is of course Red Stripe, always cold. Mixed drinks are a-plenty, and just fine. Daquiries and fruity froths like "purple rain" and "hummingbird" that the bartenders suggested were good; frozen margaritas and one sad attempt at a whisky sour were not.

ACTIVITIES: Entertainment is there for those looking for it - actually good in some spots, kitchy and silly fun in most other spots. There are kayaks and a glass-bottom boat ride and things like that. If you want good snorkeling, this is not your spot - the reef is nothing special because of run-off from the nearby rivers (so we were told). Don't bother - there are basically no fish. This resort includes a trip to Dunn's River Falls, which is fun and quick (2.5 hours, including a 20-minute bus ride).

COST: We booked a Couples "surprise" five-day stay for $275/night for both of us, and were assigned to Couples Sans Souci. It was a great value - a bargain, really, as other Couples resorts can cost upwards of $450/night. And all-inclusive really does make for a great vacation. It's incredibly relaxing - you simply leave your wallet in the safe and that's that, until it's time to go to the airport.

Best Vacation Ever!

My husband and I were not sure what to expect on our first vacation to Jamaica, but we were amazingly surprised. The people were so friendly and treated us like we were family. The resort was breathtaking! Our view from the terrace was that of the Caribbean on the right and the mountains on the left - the best of both! The beach was excellent - I can still hear the waves crashing in on the shore. The food was excellent - between the two of us we had at least one of everything. We had originally booked a vacation to the Mayan Riveria, but due to Hurrican Wilma, our plans were changed at the last minute. I am so glad they were changed. In fact, my husband wasn't all that excited about going to Jamaica, but now he's talking about our next trip - and we are both very excited about going back. You just can't go wrong with Couples San Souci or Jamaica. Thank you for making our vacation WONDERFUL.

GL Sans Souci 2002

by Davidp1952

Our second trip to Jamaica was to the Superclubs Grand Lido Sans Souci resort in Ocho Rios.

We left Kansas City early in the morning on April 23rd. We arrived in Montego Bay at 11:30 am. It was a 2 hour bus ride to the resort. We stayed at the resort for 7 wonderful nights!

Wedding Gazebo

All of the pictures are from the resort. The weather was beautiful the entire week - no rain.

Don't say 'cracker' to this bird...he'll follow you to your room

Damian...The best bartender in the world!

Wonder where we spent most of our time???

Our room was a one bedroom jacuzzi suite with a view of the sea.

The resort is an all-inclusive. Food, drinks, watersports, etc are included in the price. No tipping is allowed.

Beach grill

A peacock on the grounds of Sans Souci Resort & SpA peacock on the grounds of Sans Souci Resort & Sp

kingston to sans souci

by debbie101

Im flying into kingston, can you tell me how long it takes to get from airport to the couples sans souci resort and how much will it cost me. also who is best to book with?

Re: kingston to sans souci

by iam1wthee

clive transport service 876-956-2615 and 876-869-7571. They service the whole island. They are very reliable and courteous.

Comments