4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Couples Tower Isle
Booking.com Expedia.com BookIt.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• The Best of Everything; and everythings included

We got married on the beach at the all inclusive Couples Tower Island on 10/2/10. I cannot say enough positive things about this place. The people are the friendliest and gracious I have ever encountered. The food is excellent, drinks are well poured, and the place is spotless. Food, drink, snorkeling, scuba, horse riding, sailing, on and on...all included in this fabulous all inclusive. They even have a small private island with pool and bar for nudist; no phones or cameras allowed and free transportation coming/going. The nude thing is a small fraction of what this adult only place is about, but for a wholesome, once in a lifetime opportunity... The event staff (we love Yojan) and entertainment are first class and talented groups. Prepare yourself for a drive to Couples when you land, it takes 1 1/2 hrs, but you get to see the island. When you get there they held $300 on my card as a credit but I had not unexpected billings when they cleared my account, and with the wedding and all there were a lot op opportunities for error. Oh yes, the wedding; the Wedding Planner, Preacher, Photographer, flowers, setting, cake, champagne... all provided, everything perfect, on time, could not have wished for more. The free scuba and instructions for first timers was completely professional. Water skiing; included. I just can't stop saying enough nice things about Couples Tower Island; we shall return.

Unique Quality: Total graciousness

• pareja y un bebe

Necesito saber como puedo reservar para el mes de Diciembre de 2008 entrando el 22 y saliendo el 4 de Enero 2009, con paquete todo incluido (pasajes, Hotel y comidas.

Precio - o número telefonico donde me puedo contactar

Unique Quality: Acomodación en habitacion para una pareja y un bebe de un año, en zona frente a playa

Directions: Chia-Cundinamarca-Colombia

• nicolekovars's Profile Photo

Wonderful Honeymoon Retreat

We stayed 7 nights, and would have stayed many more. They treat you like royalty. Rooms were great, lots of activities, and beautiful views! A+

Unique Quality: They have secluded whirpools on grounds which were very romantic. Staff was very knowledgable and answered all of our questions. Overall just a fantastic experience.

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Relax, Relax, Relax

Couples Ochos Rios is a nice all inclusive resort but its sister facility in Negril is better. This facility is older so there is a lot of grandeur when you walk into the lobby and there is beautiful old mahogany wood shutters and pristine white walls to meet you. It reminds me a lot of an old Humphrey Bogart movies in black and white or something like that. The atmosphere here is very Old World Jamaica, regal, how do I take care of you tourist who has come to spend money. The pool is not as nice as the Negril pool but the front of the facility is set up as a lush garden with hideaway jacuzzis to find and have fun in. However you will find that if you go too late in the day, you will be attacked by mosquitos so its not as much fun. They also have a wonderful chest board on their facility where the pieces are the size of small children. The tennis courts on the facilty were nice too. Our room was very beautiful off of the beach. We had a deck which we enjoyed breakfast at every morning as we let the nice morning sun warm us up. They also have a great restaurant serving seafood that has a gentlemen who seranades you at your table singing "Sweet Caroline" and "Love Me Tender" with an acoustic guitar and Jamaican accent. It was great.

• Damon&Megan's Profile Photo

Clean resort for couples

I was actually staying at this resort because my sister was getting married. Being single at a resort designed for "Couples" was not exactly my best vacation, but all in all I was happy with the resort. Accomodations were nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. The downside is it wasn't very close to anything, so you had to travel a bit to get to and from anything else.

• Trvldpt's Profile Photo

NO KIDS!

title says it all. was there with an old GF and after being at AIs or other resorts its nice to go to dinner or hit the beach w/o any rug rats out to destroy something. over all the place is in better shape than i was told. the 04' hurricanes had left some damage but it was very minimal. staff was great and made it fun all the time. food was good, the better resturants were lacking a little but overall good.

Unique Quality: two hot tubs, large main pool, small beach but very well kept. staff, staff, staff. they go out of their way to make everything IRIE mon!

Directions: 2.5 hrs from MB, get ready for a wild bus ride! wish the roads were done, they are getting there. such a poor econ.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

One of the first AIs in Jamaica and it shows

We stayed here on our 4th trip to Jamaica (Feb 2005). I hadn't planned on staying here but my first choice was booked and I had read positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Although there are definitely some pluses to staying here, I don't think I would recommend it, esp. not to people who travel to resorts a lot, and personally I would not return to this location.

The hotel is about 5 miles from Ocho Rios and shopping, the resort offers a shopping trip or you can take a taxi ($30 US RT).

The Couples resorts are for heterosexual couples only, no one under 18 and no same sex couples. The age range was pretty wide, everyone from honeymooners to seniors. At this time of year it's mostly Americans and Canadians with a few Europeans, in the summer they said it was mostly British tourists.

For more pictures and description, see the travelogues.

Unique Quality: Rooms-this is one of the first AIs in Jamaica and is really showing it's age. The rooms, although clean, were worn and not very flashy like some of the newer resorts. You can choose from a garden view or ocean view, there are 200 or so rooms. We were in the central building and it was quiet there at night.

Bathroom-didn't have a hot shower the entire trip although you could usually at least get a warm one. Toiletries included bathgel, shampoo, aloe and lotion but you had to ask to get them replenished.

Common areas-although clean, they seemed dated as well and not as showy as some of the newer resorts

Water sports-one of the pluses of the resorts were the water sports-scuba, kayaking, wind surfing, hobie cats, snorkeling trip and catamaran cruise were all included

Excursions-another for the plus column-Dunn's River Falls, horseback riding, Margaritaville and shopping into Ocho Rios all included

Daytime/Evening activities-like most resorts there is always something going on, talent shows, volleyball, newlywed games, craft demos, etc.

Food-the two reservation restaurants, French and Italian were good but not great although service was good at both. There was a buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, once again the food was good but not great. The final option was the beach grill for burgers, fries, etc.

Staff-another for the plus column-extremely friendly and helpful, check in was very smooth as was check out

Pool/hot tubs-OK but not spectacular like some of the other resorts in Jamaica. Only swim up bar was on the au naturel island. There were several hot tubs, 2 of them private in the garden but the water temperature was tepid at best.

Nude sunbathing-if you want to sunbathe in the buff, there is an island reachable by boat to do that at with a swimup bar and a tower that has a washroom

Directions: 4-5 miles from downtown Ocho Rios, 2 hours from Montego Bay airport

More about Couples Tower Isle Ocho Rios

Good hotel

by Milene about Couples - Ocho Rios ( & other locations)

The hotel was really pretty. The staff was nice, at times I felt they were a bit mocking.
The food at the hotel was all included, even alcohol. The buffet was really good, lots of different foods. The french restaurant was very yummy, the italian was so so. On saturday they have an all night outside dinner buffet - one of the best ever, there is a huge variety of food, and good quality. There are a lot of activities included in the price as well, take advantage of them all, its worth it, however sign up for them early. The food.
Lots of activities.

Couples, Ocho Rios has some issues

Couples, Ocho Rios Review Chris & Susan Monro 4819 Dale Ct. Middleburg, FL 32068

(904) 291-4825 (904) 505-1268 email: monro@att.net

Dates of Stay: June 10th, 2003 through June 16th, 2003

PADI Certification #s: 0111423846, 0111425564

Compliments: Terrance Beach was as professional as we recalled from our previous visit, and enjoyed the assistance he provided during our stay.
OBrien and Meshagay from the entertainment staff were wonderful and very accommodating. Meshagay even went so far as to accompany my wife on a private shopping trip into Ocho Rios. She was very helpful. George and Antionette at the Pool-side bar were the only two people who could be counted on for a positive attitude and a bright smile. They were at Couples 2 years ago, and we were delighted to see them again.Lionel 'Woody' at the dive center was a very professional yet entertaining person who smoothed things over, despite issues we had.We were delighted to be upgraded from our deluxe ocean view room to a penthouse on the 4th floor.The booze-cruise was terrific, and our off-site excursion to the Toscanini restaurant was fantastic; truly a high-point of our vacation.

Complaints:

The dive center could not provide diving slots until 3 days after we arrived. We arrived on Tuesday, June 10th, and could not dive until Friday, June 13th.The dive center only provides 2 diving times per day, 6 days per week, and 1 dive time on Sundays.The dive staff, despite several of them being signatories in our log books from 2 years ago, treated us as non-certified divers, and required the our first dive would be to no deeper than 30 feet, and accompanied by a dive master who was completing a certification for a student diver. The dive master paid little-to-no attention to the student, and only required a neutral buoyancy demonstration at the end of the dive before shaking the students hand and congratulating him. My wife and I were left to keep an eye on the student during most of the 30 minute dive, while the dive master went looking for Eagle Ray and other exotic sea life. More often than not, the student was not even in view of the instructor/dive master.2 years ago, the most professional of all dive staff at the dive center at Couples, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, W.I., whose name is Lionel Woody, collected $50 for a night-dive, which was cancelled due to inclement weather (Specifically, an approaching Hurricane). When reminded of this fact, Woody specifically recalled the event, and discussed putting together a night dive for Saturday, June 14th. This dive and subsequent requests for the same never resulted in a night-dive. The dive center never completed the dive as promised, and never refunded the money. There were no weather issues during our most recent stay. The night dive appears to be a Red Herring offer that nobody ever gets to do; despite collecting funds for the dives. We have confirmed this with several other Couples repeaters.The watersports staff was very VERY disrespectful of myself and many others. Despite the fact that 4 AMF Alcort SunFish are on the beach, the staff refused to allow me; a sailor of 22 years, with 5 years SunFish racing experience; to take one out until I started to complain. I was then referred back to the towel desk where watersports are handled, and was referred to as Mister 22 years, and told to sign. After about an hour of enjoyable sailing solo, I brought the craft back to the beach, without incident, in a 16 knot wind. The following day I was delighted to be recognized by the same staff members and subsequently invited a friend to accompany me, so I could teach him a little about sailing, while our wives engaged in craft-making by the pool. During this time, we sailed out the western-end of the bay, and I explained the basics of beating, reaching, broad-reaching and luffing. We went through several helms-down leeward rotations (a tack). After that I explained the mechanics of a jibe vs. a tack, and we tried several jibes. On one occasion, during the jibe, the boat over-rotated, and we rolled over; not a big deal. I righted the boat, stabilized it, instructed my guest on how to board, and then boarded myself. This is a common occurrence with a SunFish, and nothing to be concerned or scared of. Upon reaching the beach I had to endure a 3 minute lecture from a watersports staff-member about what we did wrong. I was speechless! Not only was I being lectured by a person who clearly did not have a significant grasp of the English language, but I was embarrassed in front of my guest, who was only learning. This was totally unacceptable.On the 11th of June, we reserved space at the BaySide resturaunt for our 4th anniversary dinner. The excursion was a disaster. We had the most rude waiter I have ever had the displeasure of being served by. The man was rude to my wife, directly, and seemed to be disgusted by our very presence. We were dressed elegantly, and looking forward to a romantic dinner to celebrate our 4th anniversary, an anniversary, I might add, that began with a honeymoon at Couples, Ocho Rios, in 1999.On Saturday, June 14th, I entered the Piano Bar to enjoy some spirits and group entertainment. At approximately 12:15 am, an individual entered the bar, looking for his wife. He was distressed and angry. His wife was seated across the piano from me, and he had words with her. They both walked to the bar together, and 30 seconds later, the gentleman marched across the room, shoved me off my stool at full force, and then presented his fist to my face. His wife started yelling, and he was subsequently removed from the bar; along with his wife. I still have the bruise on my elbow from the backward landing on the floor of the bar.There were several other issues related to excursions we took from the resort, such as the Dunns River Falls Cruise, and the Blue Mountain Tour which caused us concern. Mr. Beech cleared up most of our issues related to the Dunns River Falls excursion but I heard a great deal of complaints about the excursion itself. A 4 hour trip that only includes 15 minutes of rum, and being out in a family oriented excursion where children are present, and climbing the falls with 60+ people linked hand-to-hand were not features that were described in the advertisements. The Blue Mountain tour was exceptional, until we descended into Kingston. Despite the multiple offers to purchase ganja at the Blue Mountain coffee stop, it was awe-inspiring and very tasty (we bought two pounds of coffee). The tour of Kinston was depressing, and somewhat frightening. On several occasions our tour guide locked doors and instructed us to close windows, and to move personal items to the center of the van. The lunch stop was a disaster, and I wonder who ever decided that all guests on the excursion should be required to sit at the same table together. After having already spent 4 hours in a van with these people, I will not go into detail, but sitting with the two other couples was absolutely disgusting, and we left the group table before the meal was ever delivered. (FYI, my wife was diagnosed with a mild form of Legionnaires Disease the day after we retuned home, which should give you some clue as to the conditions we were forced to accept during this final excursion, the day before we left Jamaica)In addition, there was a dead bird in the aviary, which we reported, but was not removed for 3 days.We had significant difficulty in using your complimentary Internet access. The staff didnt seem to be surprised by this, and said this it was usually down. This was not the case two years ago.Numerous tour offers listed at the Tour Desk, and listed on the green-legal sheet were not available, including the helicopter tour and the day-trip to Cuba.Most of the staff working the pool-side bar or the Beach Cafe (except George and Antionette) were unhappy or dis-interested in our patronage. Seldom a smile, and even when we tried to cheer them up or make them smile, we were ignored or dismissed. It was a frequent occurrence that staff members would come to the café and be served first, despite a line of guests who had already requested jerk chicken or burgers.On three different occasions, I personally witnessed a staff member at the Beach Café wiping his bare hands across his face/nose prior to handling food, and never washed his hands.The one day in which we crossed the road to take a look at the tennis facility, I remarked to my wife before we crossed, that this was one time when looking both ways was pretty important. We crossed safely amidst traffic, and upon getting to the other side, we strolled around.
2 minutes later one of your staff members/tennis pros walked right up to us and interrupted our conversation to tell us that we needed to look both ways before crossing. I was shocked at the condescending tone and child-like treatment we received. We never did play tennis. The individual was rude and disrespectful.

Conclusions:

Upon reflection, without significant countermeasures, it is unlikely we will become a 4-peater at Couples. It seems that conditions, attitudes, and overall hospitality have declined somewhat from our trip in 2001.
New rules, less freedom (required reservations, SCUBA, pool restrictions, etc) have made the resort less than it was before. Since this resort was the site of our honeymoon, we regret having bad feelings about it, but the number of negatives has to be made up before we would decide to stay at or recommend Couples, Ocho Rios again.

Extraordinary service and luxury

by Standeman about Couples Ocho Rios

Fantastic accomodation with wonderfull staff and great facilities. Incredible good food.

A very enjoyable stay.

Entrance to Couples Ocho RiosEntrance to Couples Ocho Rios

Couples Ocho RiosCouples Ocho Rios

Couples Ocho Rios resort - the beach!Couples Ocho Rios resort - the beach!

Runaway Bay Ochos RiosRunaway Bay Ochos Rios

Couples Ocho Rios

by KatieWhite

Hello,

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel??? We have booked to go for Xmas and NY after the hotel we were stayin in in Mexico was badly damaged by Hurricane Wilma.

Any Comments would be appreciated.

kt

RE: Couples Ocho Rios

by Dabs

I wasn't overly impressed by Couples Ocho Rios, I posted several travelogues with pictures on my Ocho Rios page if you want more detailed info but in a nutshell I thought the food was just OK, the hotel a bit dated (we were there in Feb 2005). I did like all the included watersports and excursions, there was something to keep us busy every day we were there.

RE: Couples Ocho Rios

by runrgirl22

Hello.
I was at Couple Ocho Rios in 2000 and it was looking dated then. Couples Swept Away Negril is much better value and the food there was great.

Comments