Goldeneye All Inclusive

Goldeneye Resort
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Ocho Rios

The house Marley lived in as a childThe house Marley lived in as a child

Ready to climb the fallsReady to climb the falls

A little goat staying out of the heat.A little goat staying out of the heat.

Dunn's river falls - JamaicaDunn's river falls - Jamaica

Transfer from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios

by tripin

What's the best way to book ground transfer from the Montego Bay airport to Ocho Rios? How much does it usually cost?
My hotel offers transportation for $25 US per person one way ($50 US/ person round trip).
Should I take the hotel offer or just wait and get transportation once I get to the airport?
Thanks!
tRiPiN

by cubakaty

Your best way is to take the hotel transfer, it is a lot safer and cheaper. I am both a veteran traveller as well as a Travel Consultant. Have a good trip and leave your jewellery at home.(TIP)

by NegrilPirate

Take the hotel transport. I live in Jamaica, and that is the best, and yes , most reliable way to start the trip.
ps: I am on vacation in the States for a few bit, and then planning on heading to Canada.

by jamaicanqueen

Or you can contact JUTA in Montego Bay to compare the rates between them and the hotel: (876) 952-0813.

by mimiluvs2travel

Where else can you pay $25 for a 2 hour trip? Besides, the atmosphere on the resort's transportation will most likely be happy go lucky. We've even had drivers who stopped for beer and the people began their vacation en route. I don't think a cab or anything would possibly be any less expensive. Its $20 just to get around Ocho Rios. You are getting a much longer trip for $5 more. Also if the bus breaks down, they'll surely have another one sent pronto, which may not be the case with private transportation. We arrived at a time when there were no other guests on the same flight, so Sandals actually sent a private car (very nice and clean, fairly new) so we wouldn't have to wait for other incoming flights to fill the bus. I'm sure they paid $100 for the trip, but didn't charge us a thing. p.s. the other poster said to leave jewelry at home and he/she is probably a more experienced traveller than I. However, I have been to Jamaica 4 times, and have left the resorts on several occasions, each time wearing my gold and diamond jewelry and it was never an issue. I might not walk down a small dark street with it, but then i wouldn't get myself on a small dark street without it. I just put jewelry in the safe to take away temptation to the housekeepers, but I do wear it even on excursions, and for me personally, no one has ever given it a second look, and i have some very nice pieces.

Travel Tips for Ocho Rios

Every one sells everything

by jake5148

When you are a tourist in Jamaica you are a cahs cow inthe eyes of lots of locals who make a living from catering to tourists. You will be approached by several people selling their services as a driver, when you say you dont need one they will offer to sell you jerk chicken, when you reject that he will offer you girls, when you say no to that he will offer you Ganja or Marijuana. A good way to get rid of pesky sales men is to say I dont need anything and then say respect and bump knucles that is the universal symbol of were cool over there or Eiry in their language.

Gym Shoes!

by Teresanne4

Dont forget to bring your gym shoes. The resorts have a lot of rock climbing and other activities, but they wont let you participate with out gym shoes. I am planning our second trip now and gym shoes were the only thing we didn't bring and actually needed. I will defenitly be bringing them this year!

Well, because of time frames,...

by lar-n-me

Well, because of time frames, we didn't get to go, but received inside information from locals.
We were told that the Coyaba River Garden is beautiful, but better yet, 'the best botanical garden is Cronbrook Flower Forest', written and spoken from a true Jamaican local. *this picture was taken as our informative, lifeguard local was reading his book....* HELP I'm drowning! LARRY SAVE ME!!! Actually, his persona made me want to know him, and I found out he was a very friendly man with a couple good life saving stories. hmmmmmmm

Old Church

by tpangelinan

This photo is of what we were told was one of the oldest church in Jamaica. Told to be build in the 1700's By the time he explained what it was, it was to late for a good sahot at 70 MPH. ( Sorry ) It's located on the road from Montego Bay to Ocho about 3/4 the way there to Ocho. In a small town with many small block houses and broken down cars, the area seemed rather poverish.

Waterfalls

by amybrooke

We went to Dunn's River Falls. It took about 30 minutes via a catamaran. They served beer and frozen drinks on the way there. Once there you climb up holding hands with everyone due to the slippery conditions. They will take your pictures as the water cascades behind you... very cold!! It is alot of fun. After you walk up the waterfall there will be some ladies at the top tossing down beads to the girls. You stay a while on the semi-secluded part of the island. While there you can take some really pretty pictures.

Comments