Rio Blanco Hotel

Ocho Rios, Caribbean

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Rio Blanco Hotel

Another great way to get to...

by S_J_Miller

Another great way to get to see the magnificence of this island is to go by Helicopters.
'Helitours'
The right way to get high in Jamaica. Flight
seeing tours, charters and airport transfers.
15, 30 and 60 minutesightseeing tours by helicopter.
Reynolds Pier, Ocho Rios - Jamaica

Dolphins Cove, Ocho Rios Jamaica

by tpangelinan

Dolphins Cove has to be the most wonderful this we have ever done. Dolphins Cove takes extremely good care of these dolphins. They are perfect, no scratches, healthy skin, very friendly and gentle for a 900 pound dolphin. The day we were there the dolphins just had a baby the day before and were a little
pre-occupied, but still gave us a wonderful show. No cameras are promitted in the encounter area. They take a movie of you while your with the dolphins and it is for sale later and you can buy photos of your selection right there. You will never forget this swim, ever!

Can't miss Magaritaville!

by HispanicYob about Magaritaville

They have some great food in a beautiful beach setting at Magaritaville in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. You can relax and watch the people play on the beach while you're scarfing down a wrap or having a shot of whatever liquor you fancy. A nice and safe way to enjoy the beach here. It's located in a type of shopping center which you can access near the town by walking from where the cruise ships dock. It's about a 10 minute walk but we rode the taxi so it was like 4-5 (depending on how fast your driver goes).

Ocho Rios, Jamaica Page

by vettebuf

My kind of Caribbean island. Aren't they all! Jamaica has lush vegetation, rivers, mountains, and that beautiful crystal-clear turquoise water.

Mmm.. Jerk. (Ocho Rios, Jamaica)

by mstinawu

"Whee!"

I took a few days off work to run off to Jamaica with a few friends. Jamaica is a very poor country, but there is a lot of culture there left to be explored.

Miami-George Town, Grand Cayman-Ocho Rios, Jamaica

by tatyanap

Hi,

We are leaving on a five-day cruise (Miami-George Town, Grand Cayman-Ocho Rios, Jamaica) next week, Dec. 18. Any suggestions on what to bring, what to expect, where to go, what to see, etc.? Any advice is welcome.

I am especially interested in weather tips -- should I bring shorts and T-shirts or jeans and light sweaters?

Thanks for your help!

Tatyana

Renaisance Jamaica Grande

by Goin2Jamaica

My fiance and I have booked our honeymoon to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I'm asking a general question - has anyone been there before? What was it like? What should we expect? How expensive are things in the area such as one-time-use cameras? Has anyone visited the Renaisance Jamaica Grande resort? Thanks to anyone who responds!

by caslu

Jamaica Grande is great, one of my favorites. It's where I stay whenever I'm in Ocho Rios and I've been there many times. Lots to do, good food, always fun. Don't know if you're doing all-inclusive or not but don't be afraid to get out of the resort and explore the surrounding area - you'll have a richer experience.

I'd buy things like a one-time-use camera at home and bring it with me. It's cheaper that way. If you have more specific questions, I'm happy to help. If not, have a great honeymoon!

Rick

by aswad13

just returned from jamaica. camera's arnt that expensive over there... US$ 15 WHICH IS ABOUT £8.50. if you not all-inclusive try some of the local eating houses not just the restaurants. it cost us $12 or £7 for three dinners and three drinks. the whole island is cheap

by LITTLECLEMENTS

Didn't stay at the same hotel as you, but spent lots of time in Ocho Rios -Shopping. Me and my partner got engaged at Noel Cowards House - Firefly, fantastic view and a great day out. Bought the engagement ring from a shop called House of Diamonds cost $200.00, got it back to the UK and had it valued at £1200.00. The people are very friendly, however if you have long hair tie it up before you got out, the ladies love to braid and will continually ask you if you want it done if they see you haven't. People will appraoch you wanting you to go in thier shops, don't be intimidated by them, a firm no is enough. HAGGLE !!!! Everything in Jamaica can be bought so less than the selling price. Dunns River Falls is a fantastic day out, but as the others have said buy a water proof camera at home and take with you.

We would definately return to jamaica, no questions asked, a beautiful island with very friendly people living there

hope this helps, feel free to email if you have anymore questions

My wedding

by sjboyd

My Fiance and I are looking to have a beach wedding at an all inclusive resort in the carribean, however she is concerned about those "all inclusive bracelets". She does not want them showing up in the pictures, she we are trying to find a place that will allow us along with the wedding party to wear the bands around our ankles. Does anyone know of any nice all inclusive resorts that will allow this? Has anyone been anywhere where they have seen people with them on their ankles, or worn them there yourselves?

by jenky

hi
we went to our friends wedding in jamaica in march this year and we stayed in the wyndham rose hall and country club which was absolutely fantastic, we were on an all inclusive deal which included everything apart from a few specialities, for this all inclusive deal we did not have to wear bands at all, although there were some people in the resort that had them on, apparently this meant they could eat a.i but not drink.
The wyndham give you a small credit card type thing which you have swiped every time you have anything to eat or drink, so the only problem is remembering to carry it with you at all times.
The weddings are very good there as well and you have a choice of marrying on the beach or the wedding gazebo, hope this helps

by Astrobuck

My wife and I were at SANDALS resort, Ocho Rios Jamaica. She and I NEVER wore any type of bracelet at the resort. I've never heard of bracelets being worn before...kind of wierd. Anyway, they did give us a cheap plastic light blue card with our names and room number on it.

by kgahard

Go to a "Sandals" resort and the wedding is free. You will need a 60 to 90 days advance notice for the free wedding, to get paperwork in order. They are great, couples only no kids allowed and they will not make you where the braclete! Congradulations and have a great time!

Comments