Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Suites All Inclusive

Priceline.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• JAMBOB's Profile Photo

Shaw Park has the best Bartender's!!!

This is a nice resort as 3 stars is correct! There isn't a ton of things to do, unless you want the beach, your room sits 15 feet from it, which you can't get anywhere else.

Nice rooms, nice dining area, hotel ahhhh ok?! Outdoor swimming pool is in the back. Check in area nice! Cabana Bar, very excellent service. Bring pants for supper as it is required! Entertainment in the evenings can be fun if people participate, but you are with people 55+ and they don't usually unless they have had some rum!

Service is bar none awesome! A smaller resort like this, will pamper you relentlessly.

Kayaks and Windsails is all they have for free. 5 day stay is perfect, any longer, questionable. Nice resort overall, but you need to have or make friends when you arrive or you will be doing things alone or togather all week.

Unique Quality: Great Views, unbelievable. The views are open balcony's overlooking the ocean, oh my god I thought I was in heaven. Keep the doors open and fall asleep to the ocean crashing into the waves!

Garth & Nigel are the 2 bartenders there, they will take care of you! Sonny is the cabana or rental boat guy, he is a stud! Che' is the entertainment guy, he will make sure you are taken care of as he actually cares about people sincerely and is really outgoing!

Directions: Main road from Montego bay to the resort which is 2 and a half hours long, the crappiest part but its what you make of it, as you get to see the true country of Jamaica!

More about Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Suites All Inclusive

First Hotel & Resort at Ochos Rios

by suraphona about Shaw Park Hotel & Resort

As one of the first hotels in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Shaw Park Beach Hotel continues its tradition of delighting guests, just as the first owners did decades ago.
Shaw Park is ideally situated two miles East of Ocho Rios and four miles from the famous Dunns River Falls on the secluded and beautiful Cutlass Bay. Located on its own 1,500 feet of white-sand beach, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel provides a relaxed Jamaican atmosphere.
Enjoy a wide array of watersports including deep-sea fishing and sailing.
Most Bungalow on the Beachfront.

So many places to see!

by Joan58

Ocho Rios is an important port of call for the holiday cruisers and every day many tourist invade the streets and go to make an excursion to the near Dunn's River Falls. You too go to visit this beautiful place, and go along Fern Gully, raft on the White River, walk along the botanical gardens like Cobaya River Garden or Shaw Park Gardens and...then go to sunbathe on the beach and swim into the Caribbean Sea. Can it be enough to convince you to visit Jamaica? I spended only one week on holiday in Jamaica. Too few days for to go to so many places. I can tell you just where I've been. A short time, but enough for to fall in love with Jamaica!

The views, the views!

by TripAdvisor Member janisiwa

We were extremely pleased with our 1 night stay at the Shaw Park Beach Hotel. Here's why:

Breath-taking views from private balcony
Clean rooms
Friendly, accomodating staff
Great value

The next we are in Ocho Rios, Shaw Park will definitely be at the top of our list.

A marrige in heaven

by TripAdvisor Member Tracey67

We got married at Shaw Park in 1999 and still we talk about how wonderful the stay was. the staff were very friendly and the food was brilliant maybe more suitable as a couples holiday rather than a family resort

THANKS ROYAL DECAMERON

by TripAdvisor Member BKRDJO

we were booked at rdcc jan 29-feb 5 2005 only to arrive and be told due to overbooking we were being upgraded to shaw park. upgrade is an understatement!. do not pass the chance to stay here, you wont regret it.
we arrived tired and dirty after 14 hours and they welcomed us like celebrities with hassle free checkin and a dinner buffet that was incredible. mr. brown, the maitre' de was charming and so helpful, instructing us to ask and we shall recieve. the rest of the staff, including simone, sasha, andy,karianne, tyrone, jamal, captain kirk, mr. mervi and especially cory treated us with all the respect and courtiousness reserved for royalty. we were not reduced to 2nd class citizens due to our situation, rather king and queen for a week.
we chose to stay the entire week and enjoyed the best 20th anniversary we could have ever had. we were 2 of 11 people staying there as they had only reopened 3 weeks earlier. despite this they still treated every day as if the place was full. fancy tables, never an empty glass, fully stocked watersports kiask, manicured pool and beach, and most of all smiles and hellos all at our disposal.
thank you rdcc for enabling us to discover such a wonderful spot in paradise that we will certainly return to. your resort could learn something about class and respest from shaw park and since you never inquired as to our well being, this should explain why we will not be recommending rdcc.
thank you all at shaw park for making us feel warm and welcome, an experiance we will never foget!!!!
all our respect and appreciation
joe and the music lady, ya mon

Loved it! but why is it so empty??

i stayed at the shaw park just last weekend. it was really good. the beach is amazing, the staff is really helpful, the rooms where spacious and with a great view of the ocean... the food was good, not amazing. the lunch menu was sandwiches and salads (it didn't change while i was there). dinner was a bit better. despite the beauty and good attention, the hotel was almost empty! i recommend to check with them personally about their rates. a couple of my friends ended up paying less than us! + breakfast was included for them. so call them ahead to make sure you're getting a deal. also, a piece of advice, if you are going in a group of only girls watch out for the staff. they are a bit too flirtatious for my taste. overall, a great hotel. i strongly recommend it.

Do not go to this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ajetj

I just got back from Shaw Park and it was really horrible! The king size bed that I had was actually 2 twin beds that were pushed together, the A/C didn't work properly, the cable didn't work properly, the service was really bad, the food stunk, the gym wasn't ready to use and the beach was never groomed so it had a ton of rocks. I also had lukewarm showers everyday! Also they tell you that it's all-inclusive but some things are not included!!

I went on an Apple and Apple rated it 4 Apple's. I think it should have been rated a 2 Apple!

I was really disappointed in this hotel and it ruined my vacation. Do not go to this hotel or when you get there, switch it you can!

Shaw Park Gardens, Ocho Rios

by seagoingJLW

"Jamaican Flora"

The gardens are absolutely beautiful. They were once part of an estate. They are now open as a botanical garden. Visit them.

suraphona's Central America Page

by suraphona

Shaw Park JamaicaShaw Park Jamaica

Shaw Park HotelShaw Park Hotel

Montego Bay Christmas 2006

by Jamaicabound06

Will be in Montego Bay the week of the Christmas Holiday. Don't know what to do or where to go. We enjoy snorkeling, hiking, off roading and being adventurous. Any suggestions? Just returned from Aruba and found it to be a dry climate with no waterfalls or rain forest. Can I expect the same in Jamaica? Should I rent my own 4x4? Is there enough off roading to go warrant the expense? Please be as detailed as possible I will search further from the replies. Thank You in advance.

RE: Montego Bay Christmas 2006

by iam1wthee

I don't snorkel but I did sea trekking on Doctors Cave Beach. I saw more fish when I was on the glass bottom boat though. I heard of Montego Bay Marine Park which is near Sangster airport but since I don't dive I cant tell you about it. Another place to try is Luminous Lagoon which is outside of Montego Bay. When you get to Glistening Waters you will take a boat to a certain point and you can dive off of there. When you come up your body will be lit up. There is some sort of organism in the water that does that.
Jamaica definitely has waterfalls-(Dunns River, Coyaba, Shaw Park-Ocho Rios), rainforest-Caliche where you have white water rafting. Martha Brae, and mountains. There are several milk baths which are supposed to have healing powers in different towns of Jamaica all of which are far from Montego Bay.
There are party boat cruises as well that you can book through your hotel.

Comments