58 Main Street, North Coast Hwy, St. Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica, Caribbean

Expedia.com Booking.com BookIt.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great Jamaica Resort

We just came back from Breezes Runaway Resort. Our stay was from Oct. 2 thru the 9th. This is a great all inclusive resort for relaxing. It was above our expectations and would go back again. The beach and water was great, the food was very good, the the employees were both courteous and friendly. We played golf (free except club rental was $30.00, caddie was $16.00 (mandatory) and cart rental was $35.00) once. The golf courses was just average...would not play it again for the price. The entertainment at 9:00 PM every night was usually very good and the organized games during the day were OK to watch. If your into tennis they have four hard courts with a tennis pro there from 8 - 10 AM and 4 -6 PM. His name is Nick and he's very nice and friendly. The garden and landscaping was superior. The room was just average...pretty generic however the shower was great.

• nice place to kick back

we had 10 days here and had something to do every day. the people were friendly, could have been alittle bit more up to date but it was clean. the food was good and as much of it as you ever wanted

Unique Quality: golf course was great and only cost was the caddy

• saturnsvu's Profile Photo

Roomy Rooms!

Roomy rooms with garden view. Better than we had expected for a run of the house room. We have requested this same room for our stay in 2003. The housekeepers were wonderful, making your bed each day, ironing it and making towels into swans and flowers sprinkled with red blooming flowers. The shower and tub were large enough for two and the water pressure and warmth was great all week. The air conditioner worked great as well.

Unique Quality: Roomy
    Great A/C
    Good Water Pressure
    Hot water stayed hot

• saturnsvu's Profile Photo

BRB -Be Right Back!

I didn't realize until the other day while I was typing that the intials for Breezes Runaway Bay and Be Right Back in the internet chat rooms were the same! How ironic. We are going back and we can't wait. The staff, facilites, food, diving, beach, pool ... everything here was outstanding. And everything was included. By far the best way to go is all inclusive.

Unique Quality: Friendly people
    Diving less than five minutes off shore
    Snorkeling along beachfront

Directions: One and half hours drive from Montego Bay

More about Breezes Runaway Bay Resort And Golf Club All Inclusive

breezes runaway bay

Before I left for my vacation I read some reviews posted on tripadvisor and I was a little scared that I had picked the wrong place. Well I have to say I had a really good time and practically none of the complaints I read were legitimate. Our room was nice and comfortable, the bathroom was big, we had a little porch-deck outside, and there were no ants or bugs in our room whatsoever, even when we left the sliding doors open for hours. Also the food was not bad. I am a picky eater. I like different types of food, but if it isn't the best I don't like it. There were some random things that were gross, but there were also other things that were incredible. The Italian resteraunt wasn't that good, but I actually liked the buffet. The starlight grill is also very good. The jerk chicken made in a hut on the beach is awesome. The bar opens at 10 am and I basically drank all day. The drinks were good and strong enough. I love red stripe and try a hummingbird, a miami vice, and a flamming bob marley. One complaint I read was regarding the drive from the airport in montego bay to the resort. It was really long, but our driver wasn't reckless. I actually enjoyed it because I got to see what Jamaica is like outside the resorts. One complaint that I do agree with is that it isn't really good for singles. The club is small and not that packed although I did have fun when I went, and there are people in it. I read that there were like two people there.
It's not that bad. The thing I found was that even though I was looking for a bit more of a party, it didn't bother me because I had fun all day long, got drunk for free, and it was such a good time that I couldn't be dissapointed. Plus you can go to hedonism whenever you like for free. Its only two minutes away and you can definately party there.
Like I said there is stuff to do all day long. I really like snorkeling and the beach is beautiful. There are several types of boat rides you can go on, waterskiing, and scuba diving. The employees have drinking games, arts and crafts, dancing, etc. for the people all afternoon. The employees really made the trip fun. They are all so friendly and cool.
Something else to do is the booze cruise or just make sure you get to dunns river falls and bring your camera. There are so many trips offered. Just make sure you bring extra money. I went down the beach past the resort to get my hair braided for $40 less than it was at the hotel. It seems a little shady but I'm so glad I went. We had a great time talking to the natives and they have awesome wood carvings and things to bring home, better and cheaper than in the gift shop. I would recommend breezes runaway bay. Its very beautiful and relaxing, but also active and fun. I loved Jamica , the people, and the music. I would definately go back again.

Breezes RunAway Bay Golf and...

by Julestoo

Breezes RunAway Bay Golf and Beach Resort
$300 for one night much cheaper if you stay 3 mights or more. Price was great for flight, food, all you can drink, plenty of activities and fitness and incredible beach location.
They have a great pool, multiple jacuzzi's, a prude and a nude beach, trapeze training, sailing, snorkeling with a reef less than 50 feet from shore. They have great entertainment with multiple activities. Anything you are looking for they can provide.

Breezes is a Breeze a SuperClub

by ox4rd about Breezes Runaway Bay

Breezes Runaway Bay is a Great SuperClubs Resort. All Inclusive and lots of fun.
Definately Recommended for Couples and Singles. The service is very good and the Staff is Friendly. Outstanding facilities, pools, Hot Tubs, and golf right across the street. They have a lively Disco which is open all night and a Slot Machine area. The Fitness facility is very nice. The beach is beautiful with great beachside service. Lots of activities for all.

They Have a Circus Area where you can do the Trapeze. They also do Circus Acts at night.

Very Good Music at the Beachside Pavillion.

They usually offer a free pass to HedoIII which is about a mile away. Not as Hedonistic as you might think (they have a sectioned off side for that stuff that you can visit if you like). Great Disco and Beachside Dining there.

Give it a Try

by keithmcg about Breezes Runaway Bay

We visited Breezes Runaway Bay fron Sept. 20-24, 2004. It was great.

When we arrived in Montego Bay my wife and I were a little nervous. During the 2 minute walk I was asked if I wanted to buy ganga (pot) 3 times. I was told before the trip that I was probably going to be asked but I didn't expect it to be this frequently.

Everything after that was great. The grounds were very well kept even though we were there 1 week after Hurricane Ivan slammed into the island. We made our way to the bar adjacent to the beach and had a couple of Drinks. The food at the resort was the only thing that could been better. The breakfast and dinner buffet offered a lot of choices but didn't taste all that great. The food could have been a little hotter and cooked a little longer.

There were many activities to do througout the day and the organizers always tried to get everyone involved. They hade Toga and pajama parties, ring toss, bingo, drinking games and many more. The beach was immaculate and the water was warm. I went snorkeling using the free equipment that they provide. You can also take boat trips, scuba dive, paddle boat and canoe.

We even had the chance to visit the nurse while we were there. I didn't catch her name (the younger one of the 2 nurses) but she was very helpful. My wife had an ear infection when we cam down but it seemed to get worse when we got there. She said that my wife should see the doctor because it is dangerous to fly with an ear infection. The doctor actually makes house calls to the resort. The doctor came out (even after getting into a car accident earlier that day) and evaluated my wife. He was more thorough than most US doctors and prescribed her a few different medications which he had with him.

We would not hesitate to go back again and will probably do so in the future. If you have any questions or want to see pictures I took of the resort, feel free to reply to me. One of the reasons that we chose Breezes Runaway Bay was for the golf. Both my wife and I are beginners and we wanted to take advantage of the golf school. We couldn't have made a better decision. The golf Pro, Ian Melville, was an absolutely amazing instructor. He spent 3 hours teaching us all of the basics and at the end of the first day my wife and I clearly noticed an improvement. Ian is a great instructor who knows what he is doing.

We've stayed at Breezes...

by Davidp1952

We've stayed at Breezes Runaway Bay and Grand Lido Sans Souci, both Superclub all inclusives. Each has it's unique qualities. Everything is included! No tipping allowed!

View of Breezes Runaway Bay EntranceView of Breezes Runaway Bay Entrance

SCUBA at Breezes Runaway Bay

by ghoffer

My boyfriend and I will be staying at Breezes Runaway Bay from Feb. 12 - 16 and really want to go SCUBA diving. We are not certified, but heard you could take a course that will enable you to go diving during your stay. I was wondering what the course/diving trip entailed, how far in advance can/should you book it and if you need to bring anything with you from back home (note from a physician, etc.).

Comments