Main Road, PO Box 20, Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica, Caribbean

Orbitz.com Expedia.com CheapCaribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• luckiday's Profile Photo

Club Ambiance All-Inclusive

We stayed here in August 2007. I would say this is a 3 star hotel 6 out of 10. The rooms are clean and a fair size with small shower room, which is probably in need of an overhaul. Hot water is hit or miss, some days we had it and others we didn't.

We were here during the last hurricane which luckily wasn't too bad. Where the staff did all they could to help in this situation.

The food was ok, some days were better than others, but mostly you can find something that you would like. The outdoor restaurant that you pay for wasn't worth it though, I think they should get a better chef for that job. Plenty to drink, with all kinds of cocktails.

The snorkeling here isn't that good, the Red sea in Egypt was and is amazing in comparison. Although the horse riding in Chucka Cove was amazing and well worth a go, even if you are a beginner.

Good points: Clean, mostly friendly staff, food ok, drinks a plenty full and fairly good night time entertainment.

Bad points: Small hotel, poor snorkeling, not much hot water for a shower, and the food could be better.

Over all, a pleasant enough small hotel, with fairly good night time entertainment. I would go back to Jamaica but I think it would have to be a different hotel next time.

• Ambiance by name, Ambiance by nature

We stayed at the Ambiance last July. Had a fantastic holiday, didn't want to come home. The staff were wonderful and made our stay absolutely perfect. The food and surroundings were good and fantastically clean. Yes the bathrooms are a little tired, but we always managed a bath/shower with hot water and you don't live in the bathroom. I liked the rustic feel to this hotel. It is small, friendly and extremely big on welcome. Irie Mon.

Unique Quality: Everything was good - service outstanding, food very good, pool good, beach great and the people we met enabled us to have the holiday of a lifetime. We enjoyed it so much we are going back this year with reinforcements.

• Club Ambiance yeh mon

we have stayed here twice now, once at easter a couple of years ago and then christmas 2005 - had excellent times. Four poster bed fridge, excellent service a super place to stay if you want to avoid kids! Book a cab from reception to get around only $70 for a whole day!! would rec to anyone

Unique Quality: No kids, plenty of space although beach area is a little small, sea and pool lovely plenty of sun loungers no need to get up at 5am to reserve like in other hotels in the caribbean. Service is second to none !

Directions: on main road on beach

• ebnoia's Profile Photo

Good Place for the Price

I stayed at CA with 6 of my friends from February 6 - 11, 2005. We had a blast! As far as the actual resort goes, it was okay. We were going for a budget vacation which is what we got. The saying you pay for what you get is true with this place. The staff was excellent. They definitely made the place. We tipped at the end of the week due to the amazing service. My problems with the resort were a few. It is old and it definitely needs an update. That isn't a big deal to me but I know it is for some people. My biggest problem was the maid service. All they did as far as "cleaning" goes was make your bed daily, get rid of glasses, garbage, and change your towels. The food was okay but I am also a picky eater. Breakfast was definitely the best meal. The drinks were great (sometimes too strong) and always available. The beach is very small but the resort is small so it does the trick. We never had a problem getting a chair.

Unique Quality: The best part of the resort was definitely the staff. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, and you want a relaxed, laid back resort where you do not have to get dressed to go to dinner, then this is the place. I would not go back to CA but only because there are lots of other places on this earth I want to see.

• Holiday of a lifetime

If you are looking for 5 star luxury where you are just another room number, this is NOT the place to be. If you are looking for good food, comfortable rooms, and a good all round resort where the Staff and Management are so friendly you feel sad leaving, then Club Ambience should be your Jamaican destination.
    Entertainment is laid on all day, beach volley ball, snorkeling, kayaking, fun and games, to name just a few, join in if you want, if not "No Problem."
    Every evening there is entertainment on the Terrace area and the nightclub opens from 11pm until 2am. (our room was quite close to the nightclub and we never heard a sound).
    The bar is open from 10am and there are 24 hour tea/coffee making facilities.
    Our room had a huge bed, en-suite, TV, AC, private balcony with sea view.
    I would strongly recommend this resort to anybody (No kids allowed).
    Gilbert Blackwood and his team made this a holiday that will live with me forever.

If you want to ask any questions email me on axn101@aol.com

Unique Quality: The Staff and Management at this hotel were fabulous, from the moment we stepped through the entrance we were made to feel part of a family.

More about Club Ambiance All-Inclusive

Nice small all inclusive resort

by Pandora3113 about Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance is an all inclusive adult only little resort. It wasn't anything glorious like the Sandals resorts but it was exactly what the doctor ordered. The employees were all so friendly and wonderful! My photo album includes more than one picture of our favorite bartender Ricardo (Ricky). If you're looking for top of the line hotels look elsewhere. If you're looking for a wonderful relaxing time look here. I will be going back soon, and that's a promise.

peace in Jamaica

by spikeymacmorgan about Club Ambiance

Club Ambiance provides the friendliest staff, you are garaunteed to learn all of their names before you leave. The hotel is adults only. Nothing sordid, just peace when you want it. The food selection is excellent with a different theme every night. various sports like table tennis are provided & a good activities program with no pressure to participate. Evening entertainment is varied & there is a nightclub for the ravers! Highly recommended, I have returned three times The hotel has been designed so that every room gets either a pool or sea view.
If you are a repeat guest, the staff remember you. The manager goes out of his way to make sure you are happy.

by ladyfisher

Club Ambiance is located in Runaway Bay, very near where Columbus discovered the beauty of Jamaica in1492.

Green Grotto Caves

Brownstown Market

Seville Great House

Ocho Rios

Dunn's River Falls

Explore the reefs surrounding Club Ambiance. Charming informal All-Inclusive Beach-Resort for adults only (Min. age 18 years).

The resort is perfectly acceptable if you don't venture out alone and go on guided tours, but this can run into quite a few $. It is very removed from sites. For my husbund and I to get a van into Ochio Rio $24 rt for the both , not a high price but it only allowed for 2 hours of site seeing.
Located in Runaway Bay, on the North coast of Jamaica, 25 minutes from Ocho Rios and world famous Dunn's River Falls. Be sure to leave your worries and your dress clothes at home and enjoy our laid back atmosphere with relaxing days and lively nights.
Indoor/Outdoor dining facilities, featuring International and Local cuisine

3 Bars and the Safari disco club

Daily activities, nightly live entertainment and shows

Exercise classes and guided bicycle tours

Kayaks, Pedals, snorkeling equipment and floaters

Outdoors: Shuffleboard, beach and pool volleyball, fishing

Indoors: Ping pong, darts, billiards, table-soccer and more

Freshwater swimming pool and Jacuzzi

Lounges and beach towels are provided

Body-shop

Tour desk and car rental

3 shops on premises

Padi 5 star diving available

18 hole Golf course nearby ( 3 minutes)

Horseback riding , nearby (15 minutes

by ladyfisher

After returning from this resort and what we heard about the staff is true. They are all outstanding! Some of the best service I have ever gotten in the world was here. The rooms are acceptable nothing great along the lines of a motel 6 bathrooms very small old and need updated.The A/C worked great which is rare we have found in tropic's. Rooms all have a balcony which you hear the show going on at the bar area which was nice if you wanted to be alone. I found the pool clean but very small have seen bigger ones in yards. Unless you came very early in the am you could not get beach towels , snorkel equiment and seldom a lounge chair at beach. The food at the terrace resturant outstanding but only open Mon, wed, fri and a sir charge to dine but well worth it. Grilled lobster or Filet for $10pp each. The $10 is for a full 8 course meal! I found brakfast to the best meal the buffets are themed and I found the food to be filling but very bland.We were instucted by other guest we meet who by the way were return guest who love the place because it is small , NOT to walk out of the resort and down the roadfor it is not safe. The had done so the past year and had a not so good incounter with locals. This we heard over and over from many return guest. We did take the tour into Ochio for shopping and Dunns river falls very nice . Didn't get to the falls a storm blew up and I didn't want to climb with thunder and lighting. Just enjoyed the day shopping. There is strip bar across the street from resort which goes on until all hours of the night into early am which we could hear in our room. The sevice at this resort is it's saving grace and carries it .All the repeat customers we talked to this is way they return. Kevin in the dining room and christoper at the bar outstanding. Will we return doubtful. Negril would be my next choice to reurn , I enjoy a long beach to walk on.

Charge single only

by iam1wthee about Club Ambiance

Sometimes this adult only all inclusive does not make singles pay for an extra person. You only pay for yourself and that is it.

Legends Bar at Club AmbianceLegends Bar at Club Ambiance

The Back of Club Ambiance from Legends BarThe Back of Club Ambiance from Legends Bar

Club Ambiance - Runaway Bay

by jackjp

Has anyone been to this all-inclusive?
If so, what were the good and bad points?
And how long was the ride from the airport?

Thanks, Jack and Barbara

Re: Club Ambiance - Runaway Bay

by oldhippy

You need to list...from what airport? Montego Bay? Ocho Rios? Kingston?

Runaway Bay is a stand alone north coast destination...maybe 20-30 min's west from Ocho Rios...or 50-70 min. east from Mo Bay

I've been to the area, [very nice]...but can't help with the resort.

If you don't have transfers...negotiate first..before ever getting in the cab.

Comments