Main Road, PO Box 20, Saint Ann, Runaway Bay, Jamaica, Caribbean

See Amenities
luckiday's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2008

We stayed here in August 2007. I would say this is a 3 star hotel 6 out of 10. The rooms are clean and a fair size with small shower room, which is probably in need of an overhaul. Hot water is hit or miss, some days we had it and others we didn't.

We were here during the last hurricane which luckily wasn't too bad. Where the staff did all they could to help in this situation.

The food was ok, some days were better than others, but mostly you can find something that you would like. The outdoor restaurant that you pay for wasn't worth it though, I think they should get a better chef for that job. Plenty to drink, with all kinds of cocktails.

The snorkeling here isn't that good, the Red sea in Egypt was and is amazing in comparison. Although the horse riding in Chucka Cove was amazing and well worth a go, even if you are a beginner.

Good points: Clean, mostly friendly staff, food ok, drinks a plenty full and fairly good night time entertainment.

Bad points: Small hotel, poor snorkeling, not much hot water for a shower, and the food could be better.

Over all, a pleasant enough small hotel, with fairly good night time entertainment. I would go back to Jamaica but I think it would have to be a different hotel next time.

Ambiance by name, Ambiance by nature

by written on April 14, 2007

We stayed at the Ambiance last July. Had a fantastic holiday, didn't want to come home. The staff were wonderful and made our stay absolutely perfect. The food and surroundings were good and fantastically clean. Yes the bathrooms are a little tired, but we always managed a bath/shower with hot water and you don't live in the bathroom. I liked the rustic feel to this hotel. It is small, friendly and extremely big on welcome. Irie Mon.

Unique Quality: Everything was good - service outstanding, food very good, pool good, beach great and the people we met enabled us to have the holiday of a lifetime. We enjoyed it so much we are going back this year with reinforcements.

Club Ambiance yeh mon

by written on March 10, 2005

we have stayed here twice now, once at easter a couple of years ago and then christmas 2005 - had excellent times. Four poster bed fridge, excellent service a super place to stay if you want to avoid kids! Book a cab from reception to get around only $70 for a whole day!! would rec to anyone

Unique Quality: No kids, plenty of space although beach area is a little small, sea and pool lovely plenty of sun loungers no need to get up at 5am to reserve like in other hotels in the caribbean. Service is second to none !

Directions: on main road on beach

ebnoia's Profile Photo

Good Place for the Price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 12, 2005

I stayed at CA with 6 of my friends from February 6 - 11, 2005. We had a blast! As far as the actual resort goes, it was okay. We were going for a budget vacation which is what we got. The saying you pay for what you get is true with this place. The staff was excellent. They definitely made the place. We tipped at the end of the week due to the amazing service. My problems with the resort were a few. It is old and it definitely needs an update. That isn't a big deal to me but I know it is for some people. My biggest problem was the maid service. All they did as far as "cleaning" goes was make your bed daily, get rid of glasses, garbage, and change your towels. The food was okay but I am also a picky eater. Breakfast was definitely the best meal. The drinks were great (sometimes too strong) and always available. The beach is very small but the resort is small so it does the trick. We never had a problem getting a chair.

Unique Quality: The best part of the resort was definitely the staff. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, and you want a relaxed, laid back resort where you do not have to get dressed to go to dinner, then this is the place. I would not go back to CA but only because there are lots of other places on this earth I want to see.

Holiday of a lifetime

by written on November 1, 2004

If you are looking for 5 star luxury where you are just another room number, this is NOT the place to be. If you are looking for good food, comfortable rooms, and a good all round resort where the Staff and Management are so friendly you feel sad leaving, then Club Ambience should be your Jamaican destination.
Entertainment is laid on all day, beach volley ball, snorkeling, kayaking, fun and games, to name just a few, join in if you want, if not "No Problem."
Every evening there is entertainment on the Terrace area and the nightclub opens from 11pm until 2am. (our room was quite close to the nightclub and we never heard a sound).
The bar is open from 10am and there are 24 hour tea/coffee making facilities.
Our room had a huge bed, en-suite, TV, AC, private balcony with sea view.
I would strongly recommend this resort to anybody (No kids allowed).
Gilbert Blackwood and his team made this a holiday that will live with me forever.

If you want to ask any questions email me on axn101@aol.com

Unique Quality: The Staff and Management at this hotel were fabulous, from the moment we stepped through the entrance we were made to feel part of a family.

Nearby Club Ambiance All-Inclusive

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Runaway Bay Travel Forum

Need advice about Runaway Bay, Jamaica? Visit the Travel Forum for Runaway Bay and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Runaway Bay hotel reviews