Franklyn D. Resort/ All-Inclusive

See Amenities

The Little Resort with a Big Heart

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 1, 2010

I spent 5 days at FDR with my 3 little girls age 4, 6 and 8 and came back refreshed and ready for the world again. I was a little bit hesitant based on what I read on TripAdvisor, so I had mixed feelings. But all that disappeared when I met my vacation nanny Coretha. She was stunning and she made sure that my girls were occupied and had loads of fun while making tye- dye t-shirts, arts and crafts and preparing them for fashion shows. I met a couple at the resort with two children who have been visiting the resorts for 7years in a row!. I couldn't understand how persons could be visiting the same resort every year but now I know.... My daughters have already planned their next visit. For two weeks my daughters have been talking non-stop about their vacation experience to everyone who has the time to listen. I have been to so many resorts in Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean and I have never had such relaxing, pampered and fun-filled vacation with my girls!!! Never!!. This place is perfect for families with children or for anyone who wants to just relax and unwind!

Unique Quality: FDR has the largest suites I have ever come across. My 1 bedroom suite comfortably accommodated me and my three girls. I have been to resort where there is a day care or a kiddies center but not like the Kids Programs at FDR. The programs are ideal for children and you get your own vacation nanny which is included in the cost... So I would definitely say that the Vacation Nanny and the Kids Programs are the most outstanding characteristics.

Directions: I think it's about 30 minutes from Ochos Rios and about 1hour from Montego Bay

Nearby Franklyn D. Resort/ All-Inclusive

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Runaway Bay Travel Forum

Need advice about Runaway Bay, Jamaica? Visit the Travel Forum for Runaway Bay and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Runaway Bay hotel reviews