Breezes Montego Bay

Gloucester Avenue, White Sands, Montego Bay, Jamaica, Caribbean

Good For No Data
  • niecole's Profile Photo

Cheaper then Sandles...

When we got there we felt a little nervous because the staff was a little on the rude side and we didn't really know what we should do. This was our fist trip out of the United States so we really didn't know what to really do when we got to the hotel. Once the transportation dropped us off at the loby we went to the desk to register and they front desk attendent did not really make us feel welcomed at all.

Unique Quality: The resort is small compared to our Resort in Mexico we stayed at but it is very clean and beatuiful. Most things are open air, except the restaurants and rooms.

Directions: Just 5 minutes from the airport. It comes with airport transfers so you don't have to worry about driving there yourself.

More about Breezes Montego Bay

Breezes Montego Bay Was Great

My new husband and I just got back from Breezes Montego Bay four days ago and we absolutely loved it. We had our wedding there on the beach followed by a reception and it couldn't have possibly went better. Everyone was so nice and helpfull for our big day. I will have to say the food wasn't all that great but that was the only thing we didn't like. We did not go on tours booked there at the hotel instead we got our own personal taxi driver that made our trip complete we got to stop and see anything we wanted and he told us alot about the country. I would strongly suggest you to use this taxi driver when you go his name is Mark I have his phone number if you e-mail me I will send his number back to you.

Family Fun

by tinabina00 about Superclub Breezes Montego Bay

An all-inclusive resort, that provides you breakfast, lunch and dinner, 24 hours a day with an open bar 24 hours a day! Now who wouldn't love that? This place is where me and my fiance stayed at when we first arrived in Jamaica. The staff were absolutely brilliant, funny, outgoing, crazy and most of all geniune! The food is excellent, don't miss out on Jerk Chicken - and also fresh Tuna caught right from the ocean behind the resort. This was an amazing place. Great for the family, unlike Hedonism :). Right outside the resort you have a grand market of what Jamaica is all about. You interact with the locals, and you can shop til you drop. They mainly sell wood carvings that are both beautiful and intriquet in design. If you take a right when you get out of the hotel, go further down the street, and you'll end up at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, and across from that a casino. I loved staying here because you saw the life of a Jamiacan, unlike the other resorts that were excluded from the city. The rooms were great too!!!

And if you do go there...please tell a cook there, if he is still there, named Denva, that a little Texan says Hi! Eat and drink 24 hours a day - that was great, especially when you don't go to sleep until 4 in the morning and can grab some jerk chicken at 3 in the morning :).

They have a jacuzzi on the 6th floor that overlooks the ocean...that was a spectacular view! They also have their own mini club which was great too to listen to music and dance. They also have mirrors on the ceiling, right above the bed...Jamaicans are some kinky people :) jk Actually i think me and my man used it to our full advantage :)

-Snorkling
-wind surfing
-kayaking
-Karaoke bar

You name it they've got it.

simple resort all inclusive

by iam1wthee about Breezes Montego Bay

It is very close to the airport but not too close where you can hear the planes taking off when you sleep. However, in the afternoon there was some construction going on which was a bit disturbing for me on one particular night.

The front of the hotel was not appealing to me when I first arrived it was just bland. I got an ocean view suite which was a lot bigger than I had expected and decorated nicely. The only thing was that being on the 2nd floor the trees blocked part of my view of the beach and when I went on the terrace people on the resort could easily see me. I recommend taking a room on the 4th floor for better views and privacy.

The room came with an iron, ac, 2 tvs, 1 king size bed, 1 twin bed, 1 couch and 2 chairs, refrigerator, coffee and teapot, 2 ample size closests, 1 ample dresser, 2 night stands, and a desk with drawer. It was very comfortable.

I liked the fact that it was close to everything. Next door was a little shopping area so you did not really have to go in the street. The craft market was only a block a way. Next door on the other side was a bank. On the premises they have certain taxis to take you to different places

Most of the time the food was excellent but sometimes it wasn't. They have different chefs who work different nights. I prefer the one who works on Tuesdays-Saturday. Most of the time there is at least one dish that you probably would like anyway. I met some people who stayed here before and they said it was a big improvement from before. The service here is outstanding. The people are attentive to your needs. Eventhough tips are included we felt the need to give an extra tip anyway.

The entertainment should have been more organized. There was no posting to let you know when things were going to occur. However, when you did see it it was a lot of fun. The disco although it opens around 10pm when i went people did not seem to pour in until like 12am sometimes 1am. If you go before you will find yourself by yourself.

It is located directly on the beach so you do not have to pay to get on or use the umbrellas and cots. Watersports like hobbie cat, sailing, kayaking and glass bottom boat are included.

The tours that they offer are more expensive than tours you find advertised on internet. Plus they will not take you if only one person signs up for a tour. I highly recommend getting tours before you get out there.

Not so super

by TripAdvisor Member volgirl

Breezes Montego Bay should not be included in the Superclub group. The hotel is not clean. I had dirty glasses at the bar, dirty hand towels in my room and a dirty napkin in the restaurant. The only thing well-maintained in the hotel are the slot machines. The amenities are non-existant. I went on the Superclub Suprise plan and was assigned a cabin room. The web site describes them as intimate but they are smaller than the cabin room I had on a cruise. There was no room to unpack your bags and no place to put them. We had to climb over our luggage to get to the restroom. The only redeeming qualities of this hotel are the beautiful beach and the staff. The staff was quite friendly and willing to help. They were very courteous and helpful in our transfer to Breezes Runaway Bay.

Breezes is not a Super Club

My husband and I were on a Super Surprise May 18 to 24, 2003. We drew Breezes Montego Bay. We have been to many Club Meds and we were sorely disappointed in Breezes MoBay. Club Med Cancun is just as cheap and far classier in property and people. The average guest this week both male and female was 30 plus pounds overweight. This is not the place for bikini watching. This hotel attracts the Jersey Shore/Virginia Beach "all you can eat crowd" minus the kids. This at a time when the national push is fitness and eating modestly. Breezes MoBay is a small hotel (124 rooms) on a tiny property in the city. It should not be called a super club resort. Its smallness cannot support a variety in food, upkeep of fitness center and the single tennis court or snorkel equipment or water skis that fit small or large feet, Look for a min of 400 rooms to offer this level of upkeep and variety. A number of people complained about the cats in the dining area, by the pool, on the room balconies but the management must be cat lovers. This place just misses - they try at Caesar salad but do not have anchovies on site. Their idea of a toga party is to haul folks onto the main stage and tie white strips of sheet over their clothes - it looked like a hospital ward minus the blood. There is no topless on the beach or anywhere and bikinis are given the evil eye by the beach guard matron. You are constantly reminded by the entertainment director that this is not Hedonism but Breezes Mo Bay - we got the feeling that a prayer meeting would be in full swing at any moment. Too stifling, too conservative, too misleading to be lumped in the category of super club. If your readers can relate to the above, I strongly urge them to go to any Club Med in the Caribbean especially now that drinks/cocktails are included - the field is now level and hopefully the class will be maintained. We will let you know soon.

A Wedding/Honeymoon Nightmare!

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at Breezes, Montego Bay. The service was just horrible!!!! When we first arrived at the hotel we were given a room that looked like a box, with no windows. That was not the room we booked - we booked deluxe oceanview. The hotel did move us to a deluxe oceanview after we complained and refused to stay in the other room - we also had to wait on our room to become available while other guest got right into their rooms. The following day we met with the wedding coordinator. Our time that we were to be married (that we had confirmed on December 10, 2002) was no longer available. Again, we became very upset and did receive our time that was originally confirmed. The prices for the wedding video and the wedding pictures had increased by 17% - with no explanation - I received a fax on December 10, 2002 listing the prices of these services - no where on my fax was a statement that said prices subject to change. My documention that I received from Breezes was not honored. Again, my husband and I became extremely upset and yet nothing was done to try to make our experience any better. The next day, OUR WEDDING DAY: we were to get married on the beach at 5:00 p.m. - the wedding coordinator called our room at 3:00 p.m. - stating that due to the rain she was unsure of the place or the time we were to get married. She stated that she would call us back at 4:00 p.m. and let us know the details of our wedding. At 4:30 p.m. - I had to call looking for her - she never telephoned us back - I had to ask for the priest, she was nowhere to be found - we were still on schedule for 5:00 p.m. - the wedding had been moved inside - her reason was they didn't have time to set up on the beach. If I wouldn't have called to find out - we would not be married. My husband went down at 4:30 p.m. and someone was to come get me by 5:00 p.m. and take me to the wedding - It was 5:20p.m. before anyone came to get me - I was still under the impression we were to be married on the beach - I didn't arrived at the hotel on Thursday, May 29th - our room didn't get cleaned until Monday, June 2nd - the reason: their key broke to our room and they couldn't get a hold of us to let them in - our remote control didn't work for our t.v., our shower was a pressure washer - the bathroom stayed soaked from using the shower! When we ventured out on the street - we had bartenders from the Breezes hotel ask us for gas money and try to sale us drugs. The food was awful!!! - You had to wait endlessly for a drink - and they weren't brought to you - you had to go get a drink if you wanted it. This was our honeymoon - our wedding was supposed to be stress - free according to the advertisements I was ready to return home early - that is the first time ever - I have felt that way on a vacation The hotel had a meet your manager banquet - when I went in to meet a manager - they were all in the back room behind a door I spoke with a manager and she did NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE!!!! I have never been so mislead by advertisements - I was under the impression that Breezes (a part of Superclubs) was to be a nice, stress free, fun enviroment. The disco in the hotel was not even open! That was the worst trip I have taken, and it was my honeymoon. If I wanted a stressful wedding - I would've had a huge wedding at home - I wanted a nice, fun, memorable wedding - and Breezes, MoBay is just the opposite!!!!!!!!

The Breezes Super Club

by Errigal_Lass about Dr. Cove Bay

The people and staff were wonderful, the entertainment incredible, the food fantastic, the beach warm and inviting, the colors brilliant! Great things come in small packages and this is one of them. Has everything, the purrrfect place for me!

yes ! breezes was very nice,...

by traveler_007

yes ! breezes was very nice, a 8 on a scale of 1-10. the area around runaway bay is depressed.. but the falls over tothe east were great! the resort golf course is top notch! all inclusives are really worth going too!

Old and Rustic

by WILDEFLOWER about The Wexford

We loved the Wexford! Nothing extra, just on the strip. A little bar downstairs, restaurant in and outside. Breakfast every morning on the patio. Food was good. You can walk across the street to the beach. We snorkeled and swam in the little cove every day. The little children may ask you for change to jump off the cliffs. Just tell them no to begin with politely or you will have a swarm of them all of the sudden! LOL If your lucky the air conditioner will work during the day. We only used it at night. But the breezes blew sofly at night and we really didn't need it. Our wood french doors opened to our own private balcony, small but nice. Never used their pool. These people really do appreciate their tips. The Jamaica tea is awsome. Has elevator.
We bought this as a package deal thru American Airlines plane tickets/& Inn together no meals included.

Breezes MoBayBreezes MoBay

Me at BreezesMe at Breezes

Breezes beach at sunsetBreezes beach at sunset

Breezes is another all-inclusive on the waterBreezes is another all-inclusive on the water

Info

by ironmike44

Does anyone know of adult(no kids) hotels or resorts in Montego Bay.

Re: Info

by iam1wthee

Breezes Montego Bay is 16 and up and one of the Sandals is primarily for couples.

Re: Info

by Dabs

You might find a few more on this list, note that while Sunset Beach has a clothing optional beach it does allows kids

Comments