Gloucester Avenue, PO Box 94, Montego Bay, Jamaica, Caribbean

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 31% less but rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• friendly

My stay was good! apart from the room i stayed, (to much noise comming from the traffic). so i had to change rooms which was ok. The service from the staff was very good an helpful.
    There was this outstanding member of staff an his name is Kenny!!! the bar tender, he as the most amazing sense of humour we need people like him in the UK......

Unique Quality: The only thing that was great was the bar thats because of Kenny!!! The only down fall about the hotel is the value of its money which way to much for a 2star hotel and that there are to many cobwebs on the celings and lights..... Would i go back? yes i would thats only because you have a great bar tender (KENNY).

Directions: VERY GOOD

More about Doctors Cave Beach Hotel

Local Craftsman

by Raslady about Beedyman

Tony's craft stall is sited in the corner of the Doctors Cave Beach Hotel gateway! Yes, there are craft stalls like this all along the Hip Strip, anywhere there's a space someone will set up their 'likkle business'

When visiting Jamaica you...

by svillegirl

When visiting Jamaica you really must relax. Everything moves at it's own pace, no need to rush here. The coolest thing I did while in Jamaica was go to a 'locals' beach party. On the last night I was there me and 2 other girls from our group were staying at the Doctors Cave Beach Hotel. The general manager, a very nice man, invited us to go to a beach party that was close by.

He made it very clear that we were not to go wandering off, and we could not leave with out him as an escort.

As we walked onto the beach area I was slightly alarmed with by the police guards who were standing at the entrance. Once we got into the party area the sights and sounds amazed me. The music was not the music I had been hearing in the tourist areas, and it sounded nothing like Bob Marley! It was a sort of hip hop-reggae mix, and it was pumping from tons of large speakers.

I couldn't take my eyes off the men dancing! They were amazing to watch! Each tried to out do the other and I was impressed with their stamina.

This is also the first place I had seen people openly smoking pot in public. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the abundance of 'working' girls.

I was very surprised when two men approached me and started flirting. It was clear that I was married, but it didn't matter to them at all. My escort was kind enough to point out that since I wasn't there with my husband I was available, wedding rings or not. By that time, we had already enjoyed a couple of 'adult beverages' and were ready to call it a night. We were all glad for the experience to see this side of Jamaica, but also glad for the male escort.

montego bay condominiums

by iam1wthee

If you dress nice and ask about a timeshare then security will let you in the building. Inside they have a waterfall that is over 15 stories tall and a rainforest. If you take the elevator to the penthouse floor there is a tunnel that will take you to the top of the mountain.
If there is an apartment available you can actually spend the night in one if you have the money. There is a grocery store in the building as well. It is located across the street from doctors cave beach

Montego Bay was a tropical paradise.

by rachel_sun

I went to Montego Bay when i visited Jamaica.It is the most touristy place on the island,but the beaches are wonderful.Its main atraction is Doctors Cave Beach.Do have breakfast in the best grill in Montego Bay,The Pelican Grill.The service here is brillint and the fresh food is good too.If you visit Doctors Cave Beach,go in the morning or late afternoon to avoid crowds of people.Do visit the Jamaican Swamp Safari Farm.A James Bond movie was filmed here.This is a great nature reserve,at Salt Marsh Bay,30 mins drive from Montego Bay.You must go on a raft tour as well.Martha Brae Rafting tours,10mins from Falmouth are great.The trip lasts about 1 and a half hours and on the trip you will see many birds and tropical trees and vendors selling Red Stipe Beer and soft drinks. Do go on an estate tour.Belvedere Estate was one of the first estates to be burnt down in 1831 Christmas Rebellion.Its a working estate of 1,000 acres,which has been designed to recreate plantation life as it used to be in the mid 19th century.You see how the slaves used to live and sample sugar cane juice and typical Jamaican food.This is a real eye opener,dont miss it.

Doctors Cave beachDoctors Cave beach

Holiday in Montego Bay

by fil83

Hi everyone, me and my friend are going to Jamaica 27th decemeber to 11th january. We are staying at Rose Hall Resort. Has anyone stayed here before? We are trying to come up with a possible itinerary for while we are there, what are the most things to do there as this is our first trip there. We've been told to go doctors cave, treasure beach, black river, to go up the blue mountains. do you have any other suggestions. What is transport like in Jamaica, is it easy to get around the island?
Also where are the best places to eat?

Thanks for any help
-fil

by spratmedia

Yeah,
theres lots of good stuff and you got the right amount of time.

the resort is a good base...but you should do just that and keep it as a base....
you can check these by internet........
i live here in montego bay and know jamaica well

basically you can't cover everything or you are just running around in a car..
so go south coast for the real vibes
so ..
travel to negril...
west end - rockhouse,ricks cafe

spend night at tensing pen

go to
ys falls
then
jakes - treasure beach
spend night there
stay over new years
most likely parties and stage shows

more details if you wish...but basically ..keep mobay for simplicity and other places for adventure...

so relax a couple days
head out
relax a bit then home..

my advice

Hi Fil,

Hi Fil,

by 1dawnhopeful

Hi Fil, I am going to the Rose Hall all inclusive resort, at the end of February 2008. I am alone a lot of the time, cause my hubby will be at a convention. I will enjoy the resort and its facilities most of the time. If there is time to sight see, what do you recommend? Thanks, Dawn (from Vancouver, B.C.)

Comments