Paradise Crescent, Montego Bay, Caribbean

BookIt.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Satisfaction Average

• ClintonUSA's Profile Photo

Customer Service Starts Before you Check In

I chose the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa for my June 2011 family reunion. I have previously stayed at this hotel in 2009 and I really enjoyed the regal atmosphere provided by the 1st class service of the staff and the 5 star accommodations at the resort. I was a little worried when planning for my stay this year, June 2011, because my family can be a little selective and they are familiar with 5 star resorts. However I simply E-mailed the Director Adjunto, David Martin, and he replied the next day like a professional. Mr. Martin replied: Thank you very much for choosing Grand Palladium Jamaica & Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa for such a special occasion. I copy the Rooms Division team who will do all the arrangements on your arrival. I hope all the above mentioned will help you; please do not hesitate to contact me if there’s anything else I can do from this end. Now I can relax for the next 14 days till I arrive and till my family arrives. I will Post my results during this vacation

Unique Quality: The Resort and its staff have been accommodating making arrangements for my up coming , June 2011, Family reunion. Though I haven't arrived yet. I only have 13 days till I arrive. So don't worry be happy. I will keep in touch.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Excellent Promise

We spent two nights in this hotel, as part of a exchanging program with Gran Bahia Principe, where it was supposed that we would spend a week.

It was a great experience - that gave us the chance to explore Negril, and the hotel itself is fabulous.
    I think that we were the first clients in our room, that still had a light ink smell. They were only starting (only one month operating), some hesitation in service was noticeable, but the hotel has all the conditions for a perfect stay.

Some more pictures and notes may be found in my Lucea's page

More about Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Grand Indeed!

by TripAdvisor Member trippinCrownPoint_In

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Jamaica on 7/29 to8/2/08. We were greeted upon arrival by a more than cordial front desk staff offering ice cold face clothes for us to cool off our brows as it was an extremely humid nite. We arrived late at nite but even in the daytime the front entrance to the property is nothing special to look at, but once you enter the open air lobby it is a site see. There was a mix up with our reservation as we had reserved 2 rooms but the hotel only had us slated for 1. The staff apologized and guaranteed us that the situation would be rectified as soon as possible. In the mean time we were shown to our other room which was just gorgeous! Everything was decorated so nicely. The room was spacious. What they consider twin beds we in the states call full size. The double bed room would accommodate 6 people easily as the couch let out to a full-size bed as well. The bathroom had a huge jacuzzi tub as well as an enormous separate marbled shower. There is a fridge in the room thats stocked each day with water, pop, and beer. The view from the balcony in rooms 1129 & 1126 was breathtaking, however the balcony furniture was just ok as it didn't match the rest of the decor at all. Our second room was just as nice as the first only it had a king size bed. There is work still being done on the property in certain areas, but for the most part its complete. Most but not all of the restaurants are open so you had more than enough choices of places to eat. Can't speak much about the pools cause I'm not a pool person but they looked so inviting that it made me wish that i COULD swim. There weren't that many people at the resort so the disco was empty and not many people were on hand to enjoy the planned activities or entertainment. Make no mistake this resort is in Lucea, its not in Montego Bay, and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do in Lucea. Try to catch a cab to Montego Bay Or Negril, but whatever you do haggle on the price. And Do NOT I REPEAT DO NOT buy the Time Square shopping tour to Ricks Cafe for $50 per person from Tropical Tours. It is a total rip off. You will be disappointed. You can haggle with a cab driver to take you shopping and to the cafe for far less. They first took us to a hut for shopping , loaded us back on the bus and drove us not even a block back up the road to the Time Square shopping area. It would've been comical if it weren't so hot because we couldn't walked. Literally! All in all the Grand Palladium is an exceptional all inclusive property for its value and ambiance. oh yeah there aren't any elevators!

Best Vacation ever!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TanishaS

I would have to say that my stay at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa in Montego Bay was AMAZING!!! Although our plane way delayed in Toronto for 3 hours and we missed out on an evening it was all worth the wait. Over all the hotel is BEAUTIFUL words cannot explain…. The rooms were always incredibly clean… The food was amazing….. Didn’t get the Jamaican food I was looking for but I filled my stomach with great foods Italian restaurant I didn’t like very much…… The Mexican restaurant was great their jalapeno poppers SO YUMMY!!! The pool is gorgeous it is always clean and maintained. Heads up to everyone there are 2 beaches…..one right by the volley ball court and the second one farther down by the sea food restaurant which is more of an adult beach…. I loved that if you were lazy and didn’t want to walk you had the option of getting a left by the cabbies…. The casino wasn’t functioning but that was the least of my worries…..the sports bar is a great place to kick back and play pool or ping-pong…..If your into the party scene then I would have to say this may not be the resort for you…The club on the resort was fun but I found that it was rarely full of people The bartenders were over all the BEST!!!! You want a drink ask OWEN they are so crazy they light the bar on fire they dance with your drinks on their heads very entertaining ….Every Friday the resort has a bus set up to go to Margaretville check it out it’s a lot of fun. The SPA WAS THE BEST!!!!!! Very relaxing……….. One word of advice check out the entire hotel it is truly AMAZING!!! I will definitely go back…..

Best Vacation ever, this resort is unbeleiveable

by TripAdvisor Member Lcres

We stayed at the Grand Palladium in Jamacia the last week of July 2008, this resort is georgeous, the service was 5 star. The food was great, the pool is huge, the rooms were beautiful. The staff could not do enough for you. The resort is huge and the beaches are beautiful. There was nightly entertainment in the theatre and it was teriffic. I would highly recommend this resort, you will have a great vacation, Jamacia is beautiful, the resort is spectacular, food is great. Can't miss......

Great vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Tiff096

My vacation at the Grand Palladium was great. The resort is gorgeous and the staff was overwhelmingly nice. Any minor problems that I had were immediately fixed. I will definately be going back again. I enjoyed the fact that I had an option of what type of food to eat each night. Honestly the buffet was the best. But if you were contemplating on going now is the time because you can get a great deal.

We Love Jamaica

by TripAdvisor Member travel4funfunfun

My husband & I returned from the Grand Palladium in Jamaica on August 16th. We had booked our trip shortly after the place had opened. We had some concerns that things would not be ready & at that time all that was available were the computer generated photos. About a week prior to our trip I found a website with lots of pictures of the resort & you could clearly see that it was a beautiful place.

Upon arrival to the resort my husband went to take our bags out of the cab & a staff member said “stop sir, relax, you are on vacation now mon”. He then proceeded to get our bags for us & showed us where to check in. The main lobby is outstanding, with a view that you could never get tired of. While checking in we asked if it would be possible to get an ocean front room. They happily accommodated us with no extra charge.

A staff member loaded our bags into the “shuttle” & brought us to our villa. We were on the 3rd floor & he carried all our bags up. Outstanding! Once we entered the room we were elated. It was gorgeous & huge. I will say that the finishing work is not what we are used to in Canada, but who cares. The resort as a whole is so breathtaking that it’s almost impossible to sweat the small stuff. The view from the room was amazing; the sunsets were so nice to watch. I don’t know how many pictures we took from our balcony, but there were a lot. Again, a view that you could never get sick of.

I thought that I would want to spend the majority of my time on a beach, that wasn’t the case. The main pool & sitting/tanning area is where I could be found. WOW! There was also an adult pool very close to our villa that we spent one afternoon in. I’m only 5’ 6” so I had to stand on my tippy toes. It was quiet & we found it a good place to wind down at the end of the day. There is a beach by the main pool although we never went there. We did spend a few afternoons at the “far” beach. It isn’t far it’s about a 5 minute walk but most of us tourists just named it that. It is a beautiful beach with a restaurant right there. You could go windsurfing or take a kayak or catamaran out. All free of charge. I loved lying in my chair in the ocean. It is a topless beach for those interested in less tan lines.

The food was good. I’m a bit of a picky eater so I didn’t try as much as my husband. Lots of buffets for breakfast & lunch. The resort is not at full capacity so all the restaurants are not open at the same time. They alternate nights. Mexican, oriental, Jamaican etc. Bubba’s steakhouse was our favorite. There was also a 24hr bar/restaurant where you could get the basics at any time. Let’s just say you won’t go hungry.

The Spa was out of this world! We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary while there so we decided to book a couples massage. It was fabulous! We just got back from shopping in Negril prior to our massage with not a lot of time to spare. My husband asked if there was somewhere he could take a quick shower before we started. They said of course & opened up this curtain which revealed a patio door leading out to a gorgeous outdoor marble shower. Both masseuses were very good, they were so thoughtful, I just can’t say enough about that experience. Awesome! After the 1hr & 20min massage a driver was waiting for us to bring us back to our room. Upon arrival to our room there was a beautiful plate of chocolates & a bottle of champagne chilling.

So for anyone out there debating whether or not they should go to the Grand Palladium, GO! You will not regret it. My husband & I can’t wait to go back. Plus the deals they are offering right now are amazing.

WOW!!! Great Food, Great Fun , Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member dantravel

Let me weave a tale of fun, magic, and excitement. I have been to Jamaica a total of 9 times, my love for the country is deep. I went to Jamaica this time to visit my boyfriend, well that did not go very well, but I had an amazing time.

First Impression:
Impressed!! The lobby is expansive and beautiful. When you step into the lobby you know you have stepped into luxury.

Check-in:
Seamless! The front desk representative are efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly. It took all of 5-10 minutes to complete check-in and that is with my asking 101 questions. The bell-hop then gets your luggage and whisk you away on a cart to your room (the property is large)

Rooms:
Beautiful! Most rooms at Grand Palladium are Jr. Suites The bed was huge and comfortable. The separate sitting area has a couch that pulls out to a full bed, the sitting area also houses a 2 chairs and table. Wonderful flat screen Hi-Def television. The bathroom was great. Separate area for the toilet, separate marble shower, and a jacuzzi tub. Nice vanity area with plenty of counter space. Nice size closet with iron and ironing board.

Food:
OK. I am not a big eater on vacation. There are several buffets, a creole, mexican, asian, a steak house, and a seafood restaurant. Food does not excitement but it was good and I was never hungry. Oh a sports bar that served snacks like popcorn, nachos, hamburger etc...

Drinks:
AWESOME!! I stayed deliciously drunk. Every bar, every bartender mixed up the best drinks Note: Be sure to tip, they don't forget a person.

Entertainment:
Entertaining! The daily activities were fun and funny. They had salsa dancing class, how to speak and dance like a jamaican, and water/land sports

Pools:
Great!! The main pool is huge with plenty of covered lounge chairs, also there are lounge seats in the water, in pool jacuzzi's, and several pools around the resort with bars.

Beach:
Unimpressive. I was disappointed in the beach kind of rocky, there are several beaches including a clothing optional beach.

Service:
Amazing!! As soon as you step foot in Jamaica switch to your chill mode, because Jamaicans move a different and laid back pace so go with the flow.

There plenty of men eye candy there, cuties to my left and doggone cuties to my right. Men followed me everywhere, kiss a bartender you will have a good time.

Not For Those Bothered By Small Problems

by TripAdvisor Member CharlieFog

I loved my vacation at the Grand Palladium. I was travelling by myself. I had read reviews on here and did some posting and was pretty much aware of what I was getting into. First off, the flight was delayed three hours in Philadelphia's airport to fix the air conditioning but that wasn't the hotels fault....Finally got to the resort "compund" after a pleasant but slightly scary half hour ride. Was greeted by some liquid refreshment while standing on line to register...a good start for the resort. Got driven to my building and escorted up to the room by the Peach Man...friendly and helpful (a reoccurring theme amongst the staff). As he's showing me around the room he notices that I have no TV remote. Well that didn't bother me because I wasn't there to watch TV (for sure) so I thought nothing of it. The room was big, clean and I'm pretty sure I was the first one staying in it. After he left I unpacked and noticed that there was no way of turning on the light over the sink in the bathroom and the plate for the flusher over the toilet was off and lying there. Still no problem. I decided to take a shower before venturing out to find something to eat....water pressure was fine, tempature was fine...the shower didn't drain...yikes!!! I decided I'd call the desk to report and discovered my phone did not work....o...kay...filled out the maintenance form and figured it was too late...I'd hang it on the door the next morning....had a great dinner...couldn't find a couple of the restaurants but later discovered that although they were all open and functioning it was not on the same night. There were always three or four or five restaraunts open and I only ate dinner in one of them twice, wanting to sample what's around. Next morning ventured out for breakfast at the buffet. Delicious....only slight complaint was that if they dipped the hard-boiled eggs in cold water after they boiled them they would have been easier to peel and there would have been less white peeled away with the shell. Oh yeah and if they put onions in your omelet (omelet station), some people like them sauteed a bit longer than three seconds before the eggs get added....got back to the room got ready to head out for some serious sun, left the maintenance list on the door knob....and headed to the adult pool and beach...since my phone wasn't working I figured I'd walk.. nice healthy walk...not easy to find...it didn't help that the map they gave us had the Lady Hamilton side labeled the Jamaicaan side and vice versa...but found it and had a great time...the pool wasn't crowded and neither was the beach and there was plenty of shade at both and drinks and reggae music at the pool ( a note here about the bartenders...some were in training and didn't do blender drinks, some of the bars didn't have all the ingredients to make the drinks on a list that was displayed on the bar, a drink ordered at one bar wasn't necessarily the same drink if it was ordered at another bar....this place needs a visable, responsible head bartender whose job it is to make sure all the bars are stocked, the outdoor bars have two blenders with four cups, the indoor bars have at least one working blender and two cups and that all the bartenders make the same drinks the same way and that they all know how to make the drinks on the list that is displayed on their bar)...I passed the "relax" pool at least twice every day and couldn't understand why the "relax" or quiet pool, where kids also weren't aloud had music playing as well....I went to the adult pool and/or beach every day...my vacation did not include my kids and I didn't really want to spend time with anyone else's....got back to my room to find it made up nicely but the maintenance list was still on the door...no problem....took a jacuzzi bath before dinner....discovered the bath part worked but the jacuzzi button stayed pushed down and did nothing....I stopped at the desk on my way out to dinner to tell them that nobody on the maintenance staff had been to my room and they said that someone would be there after dinner....had another great dinner..and returned to my room to find a maintenance man waiting for me....he couldn't get the light on over the sink, had nothing to drain the shower, but did say that they would move me to another room....uh-uh...I didn't feel like repacking all my stuff and then unpacking again so I told him to just get the shower drain working and the phone and the rest could be low priority...well that would have to wait for Monday morning....Monday morning, I went out for breakfast came back all was the same...went out for sunning came back and low and behold the maintenance list was gone from my doorknob...entered the room and sure enough it was still all the same but now the maintenance list was gone...I went out to the main reception and reported this to a Spanish supervisor of some sort who assured me that the shower drain and phone at least would be fixed on Tuesday....I did the same routine on Tuesday and returned from the beach finding the shower drain working and the light above the sink on...yay for something...the phone did not work still.....a slight detour from my kvetching to talk about how Saturday Night there was an amazing lightning and thunder storm and that Sunday late afternoon was the same...by Monday towards noon it started to get thunderstormy again so I went to the Spa pool, which was semi-enclosed and there was also a hot tub, steam room and sauna I could use there...this lazy river thing is mythical...there is a water path to another pool right near the spa...but it's not a huge distance...everyone at the spa was nice also and they were even giving out some free massages.....I ended up not seeing a sunset at all because of the thunder clouds and maybe I missed one because of a nap...to sum up the rest of the problems I had...the water totally went out on Thursday and was restored quickly, but the hot water was not restored until close to midnight...the phone adn jacuzzi were fixed by Tuesday night...and there was a bottle of champagne in my room on Wednesday night...a word about the construction....there will always be gardening going on because the place is huge...there were about eight hundred people there on Saturday and Sunday although the place felt fairly spacious still...there were seven buildings still not open with four more opening this weekend (Aug. 9 & 10)...I believe they expected a thousand people....They seriously need some thorough quality checking as it looks like they're rushing the opening of buildings and don't have the time to check that absolutely everything works (and continues working)....friends, who will hopefully post their own review, had sewage back up into their room...the resort did relocate them, first to a room already occupied then to another room already occupied and finally to a better room with better working air conditioning than mine....there were some other stories about people turning on their jacuzzi and the thing starting to smoke... Many of the people there were from Spain and didn't speak a lot of English or weren't interested in being friendly. There were plenty of Island people and French and English Canadiens as well. The place is very picturesque...the Lady Hamilton Beach seemed to have nicest sand, the adult beach not so good, the main beach was pretty good too....all the pools were good but I stayed away from any pool with kids....Bottom line is that I was determined to have a good time and I did despite the resort's foibles...If and when they get all the kinks ironed out this will be a much better place as it was it was worth the discount price I got it for... Not sure I'd reccommend the place for handicapped although I did see a couple of wheelchairs when I was there or for those who can't walk long distances (or stairs). Don't think I'd reccommend it for singles looking to meet others either as it was predominantly couples....I will probably post some pictures of construction and ugliness I saw as well as the good stuff...

Great all Inclusive Resort

by TripAdvisor Member plusheak

My husband and I went to the resort for our honeymoon. We booked 2 weeks before we went due to finding a deal online. The resort is 30 min. drive from Montego Bay airport. The town of Lucea does not have tourist activites but, take a day to visit the city of Negril, Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, or the capital Kingston (~3 hrs away)
The resort opened in 6/08 however, is not yet completed. The "adults only" area Lady Hamilton is not complete. There are lots of workers on the resort doing landscape and construction. They have a fabulously large pool with a swim up bar. My biggest disappointment was the beach. The hotel map will show you that the resort has a few beach areas.They are trying to make a cove to make it less rocky but, it will take years for that to happen.
Our last night there, we discovered the last beach which, was unlike the other beaches.(I believe it is called Sunset Cove) It was smooth and not rocky at all. We were perplexed that no employees made us aware of this beach. Especially after we asked the lifeguards and other employees how disappointed we were that we could not go into the water due to the tremendous amount of rocks. Also on this beach was all the sailing and water snorkeling equipment that we had asked employees about with no answer. Again, the staff are still learning about the resort themselves. The staff though was extremely pleasant.
A second disappointment was the nightly theater entertainment...Cheesy. However, they have live music playing in the outdoor bar...very chill and relaxing.
Food was good, especially bkfst and dinner. Each night 3 restaurants were opened to chose from. Heck if you wanted to you could go to all 3! Lunch left much to be desired for me.
If you are going to Jamaica for the first time, go to Rick's cafe in Negril to watch the cliff divers, live music, and the sunset. In Ocho rios go to Dunn's River (if you like an adventure) or swim with dolphins.
Overall, a good vacation but, not fabulous for a honeymoon.

Any where else but Jamaica

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkFerrer

My husband and I just got back from Jamaica.The hotel is beautiful sadly the service was terrible and the staff had a horrible attitude. Only few staff were polite and were able to received a nice tip from us. The food was served cold every day and once I found a hair in my food. The hotel tried to charge us $100.00 dollars (round trip) just to go 15minutes aways from the hotel to the stores. By the way, this was not part of those see site packages.
On the third day, we complained to the restaurant manager about the service and the food but nothing was done about it. Our room had a water damage and after calling three times, an hour later they send someone to fix it.
Overall, I will not recommend any one to go this hotel unless managament do something about the staff attitude.
My husband and I liked to traveled and stayed at a five star hotels because we enjoy quality service unfortunately this hotel does not provide quality service at all. It's a shame!

Palladium Hotel - JamaicaPalladium Hotel - Jamaica

Palladium Hotel - JamaicaPalladium Hotel - Jamaica

Lucea - JamaicaLucea - Jamaica

Lucea - JamaicaLucea - Jamaica

Headed to the Grand Palladium next week

by craigdfw

Has anyone been to this resort recently that can tell me about it? Can you tell me anything interesting to do on/off property or anything I shouldn't miss? Maybe any tips that would help out i.e. airport transfers, bars/food that is good/bad? Anyone else going to be at the Grand Palladium or Lady Hamilton the week of 4-11 July?

Re: Headed to the Grand Palladium next week

by kselkirk1

hey,we just got back last week....beautifulplace but in themiddle of nowhere!!! There are no goo d beaches..rough surf...many, many different pools- choosewisely. Don'tknow how welltraveled you are or what you want to do...Compared to otherCaribbean destinations the resort was ok...still pretty new so that was nice. Make sure you take advantage of the resort map - it is a must asit is ratherlarge. Met a whole group of great people that we partied with. As usual, all inclusive reallyisn't - bring afew hundred dollars in ones andfives to tip. Also...you MUST go to Rick's (it's aleays on the travel channels destinations). We hired a cab from the lobby, he drove us to Ricks- in Negril) about an hours drive. The cab wasreally a bus that could hold up to ten people...and it was ONLY a hundred dollars - he just asked what time we wanted to leave the resort and he waited the entire time thatwe were there, he told us to take out time...we had one of the best experiences of any vacation that we ever took (sunset at ricks also amazing). What side of the resort are you staying on? I could go on and on...hope this was helpful....

Comments