Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Caribbean

More about Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member Leisurealltheway

Go to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall-you will not be disappointed

We just returned home from what has been the best trip anyone could hope for. This place is unbelievable, brand new in January this year; it has not yet cought on as they are only at 20 % percent capasity! At times we saw more staff then quests, its like your own private resort, Thursday I was getting a towel to take to the beech and they said let me carry this for you and what will you have to drink today sir. If you are a clean freak you will meet your match at this place, they are continually cleaning something all the time. We were told this resort is the #2 resort in Jamaca and you will soon realize why. The food is beyond description its that good, we had no problem getting a reservation for 7 nights. The one thing I can warn you of is when picked up at the airport make sure they drop you at the Grand, tell your driver you are booked into Iberostar but for him to drop you off at the grand. If you are a tipper bring American cash no change, they never once suggested you tip but they will appreciate it. It seems many have large families to support, 14 kids is not unheard of, and a small family there is 4 or 5. Off the resort they will suggest a tip. If your flight leaves at night check out is at 12 noon, but ask for a late check out for 3:00pm also they can offer you your room at $10.00 per hour after 3. Our flight was at 10:30 we keep the room till 6, had a drink at the piano bar till the last shuttle 6:45 took us to the airport. I would suggest if this were your situation book the restaurant at 6:30 have dinner then take a cab to the airport, you will have plenty of time to board your flight. Also make sure you have something to write with on the plane with your passport on your person. They will ask you to fill out forms there and back which includes passport information. If you have an extra camera battery be sure to bring it along. I would recommend taking the sunset cruse it was a blast-see pics. See you there next March

An Amazing Honeymoon, A Sepctacular Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member yellowledbetter

We recently spent an amazing week at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay. My wife and I can not say enough good things about this hotel. I will go into more detail below on each of the areas of the hotel, but I want to give my overall impression of the hotel here. I tend to rate hotels not on whether there are issues while staying at the hotel but how they respond to those issues when they happen (because no hotel is perfect). This is where I think this hotel is above and beyond any other hotel I have stayed in. There were some issues, but I can safely say that every time we had a problem the issue was resolved both quickly and professionally. There is a sense on the property that your happiness and enjoyment is their top priority and 98% of the staff will go out all out to make sure your are enjoying your stay.

Restaurants:
Pros
- My wife and I ate like kings and queens while we were at the Grand. The presentation and the flavor of the food was phenomenal.
-Our favorites were the Italian Restaurant and the Surf and Turf. The lobster lasagna at the Italian Restaurant is great as well as the Chilean sea bass. The beef at the Surf and Turf is not up to par with top Steakhouses in the states but overall of good quality. The lobster is also really good. The spider crab terrine at the Surf and Turf was our absolute favorite appetizer at any of the restaurants.
-The coffee at the restaurants is phenomenal. They serve Blue Mountain coffee at dinner and it tastes sooooooo good.
- Service at the restaurants was great. Your wish is their command and everything is handled very professionally. Our favorite waiters and waitresses are Shoshane, Joselito, Cleveland, and Garcia but all the restaurant staff is great. If you want something, don't be afraid to ask for it. If they have it they will get it for you.

Cons
- Only two restaurants are open per night and they rotate them. They need to do a better job of informing you which ones are open which night so you can plan your evenings. However, management informed me that once the hotel is at full occupancy all restaurants will be open every night along with the buffet.
- We personally did not like the Japanese Restaurant, but it is worth noting it was a favorite among some guests. My wife and I eat Teppanyaki and sushi in the states and we felt this restaurant was sub-par compared to what we are used to. The chicken and duck were really good but we felt like the beef had a funny flavor. The sushi is far from high quality, but maybe we are just sushi snobs. :)

Pool/Pool Bar:
Pros
- They have very fun bartenders and great service at the pool bar. Nigel at the pool bar was one of our favorite people at the resort. He has a very genuine, fun personality. Theodore is more laid-back but also very attentive.
- The pool is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. There were always plenty of chairs and beds with canopies.
- Unlike other reviewers, we did not find the pool to be too cold. It is cold at first but after a couple of minutes your body adjusts.
-The pool concierge service is great. They provide towels and sunscreen and are also very accommodating. They also have aloe vera if you get burned. These girls are really sweet.
-There is a ping pong table, which we thought was fun to play by the pool.

Con
- NO HOT TUB! They have a lukewarm tub, but one day rains came in and it was a little chilly and a hot tub would have been nice. They have hot tubs in the spa but they are gender specific so my wife and I would have to split up if we wanted to go up there.
- (Small Con) The pool bar is not always stocked very well. They ran out of limes the first day and we did not get limes for our Coronas the rest of our trip (Worth noting someone told me there is a drought which is why they do not have limes). They ran out of Corona often and their only light beer is Red Stripe Light. My wife and I are not liquor drinkers and we felt like their beer selection could use some expansion. This is a small con though, because we really enjoyed the drinks we had and the lack of Corona and limes at times had very little effect on our enjoyment of the pool and beach area.

Beach
Pros
- The beach is very tranquil. The sand is soft and the water is clear blue. The waters are calm with little to no waves.
- This is one of the major benefits of the Grand compared to the other two Iberostar phases. The beach is not only private but there are no children allowed in the Grand area, which provides a very quiet, relaxing beach setting. Adults from the other two phases are allowed to walk the Grand beach but are not allowed to use the chairs or beds, which means that there are always plenty of places for Grand guests to utilize.
- The beach service personnel were great. Kenesha, one of our other favorites, made sure we always had fresh drinks. She was so sweet and made my wife feel like a queen with the level of service she provided. Sonja and Cordia also took good care of us on the beach. You never have to leave the beach during the day if you don't want to.

Con
- (Small Con) The beach is a little small and the area for swimming is limited for those that like to swim further from the beach. There is a thirty-yard area roped off for swimming and you are not allowed to go past those ropes. I am sure it is for safety, and maybe it is necessary, but compared to the Mayan Riviera I found this to be a little restrictive. My wife loved it, though, because there is plenty of room to go swimming and relax in the water safely.

Lobby Bar
Pros
-The bar staff here is awesome! Santino and Ardley were our two favorite bartenders (the others were great but we interacted with these two the most and they were great bartenders). Ardley will happily serenade you with Bob Marley tunes while you are enjoying your drinks. We found Santino to be the most genuine person in the entire resort. Both of these guys thrive on attentiveness and pick up well on when you want to chat and when you want to have private conversations.
-The waitresses are also very good. Our favorite was Racquel. She took good care of us.
- The bar is beautifully designed and rivals any hotel bar that I have seen.
- The music in the bar in the evening was very elegant and pleasant. Each night they had a different instrument ranging from classical guitar to piano. The music only added to the luxurious ambiance of the hotel bar.
- The selection at the bar is greater than most all-inclusives I have researched. Liquors I remember (not an exhaustive list): Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Courvoisier. Beefeater, Belvedere, Stoli, Grey Goose, Hennessy, Skyy, Smirnoff, Appleton, Bacardi, COOO, Bailey’s, Schnapps, Scotches and Tequilas (not a scotch or tequila drinker so I don't remember which ones). Beer: Corona, Guinness, Red stripe, Real Rock, Kingston, Red stripe Light, Carib, Heineken, and they say Budweiser is coming. Sparkling Wine and decent variety of wines.
-The Cigar Bar is very nice. Cigars are overpriced like most hotels. Allando, the bartender, is a very neat young man. If you don't mind cigar smoke it is worth it spending an evening in there chatting with him.

Con
- The wine list is decent for an all-inclusive but the really nice wines you have to buy. The ones available are in the Yellow Tail range and we did not have any wine that we didn’t like.

Rooms:
Pros
- The beds were very comfortable. They were soft but firm enough to support a bad back. The pillow menu was very cool as well. My favorite was the ecological pillow. Sheets and comforter were very soft and comfortable.
- Flat-screen tv was high quality and accompanying DVD player in the room was nice. Any channel we wanted to find was there. They also have a list of close to 100 movies that you can order from your concierge.
- The patio was my favorite part. There is a couch (I am sure there is a fancier name for it than a couch but it is a couch-like lounge piece of furniture). There is also a very relaxing porch swing. I almost slept on it one night it was so comfortable.
-The bathroom is top of the line. Jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and two separate vanity areas. Robes, slippers, and plenty of towels available. Blow dryer. Make-up mirror with adjustable arm. Soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower. Definitely ask your butler to draw a romantic bubble bath in the evening for when you get back from dinner. A major highlight of the butler service.
- Mini-bar fridge was constantly stocked. You can tell your butler or concierge what you want it and they will personalize it for you. We only wanted water and beer and they gave us that. There is also a coffee and tea station.

Con
- You can control the temp. in your room and it stayed cool most of the time. We like it a little cooler which was not an option. However, it was cool enough for most people to be comfortable.

Room service:
Pros
- The room service personnel were also very friendly and attentive. Our favorite was David, as he always provided service with a smile.
- Breakfast omelettes and fruit were very good. Coffee was hot and delicious.
- Club sandwich was very good.
- Always arrived on time and was available 24 hours.

Cons
- Food arrived cold at times. Waffle was cold and not very good.
- Pizza was okay but not very good.
- We found room service food to be adequate but not at the same level as the restaurants.

Butler/Concierge Service:
Pro
-This was another highlight of our trip. Our main butler, Dennis, was outstanding. He took care of our every need. We probably did not use him as much as we could have, but when we asked for something, he always followed through. If you have specific questions as to what the butlers can do feel free to send me a message.
-Concierge staff is overall very friendly and helpful. They confused a few requests but always fixed them when we called them to their attention. Pilar, the head of guest services is an amazing person so if you have any problems let her know and I am sure she will make you happy.

Con
- This was the most inconsistent part of the hotel. While Dennis was amazing, not all the butlers we interacted with are great. They are all very kind but not all of them are as attentive as Dennis. My main advice is tell the butler exactly what you want. and when you want it, and there should not be any problems.

Location
Pro
- Fifteen minutes from the airport.

Con
- Not close to any other main attractions such as Ocho Rios or Negril.

Iberostar knows Grand

by TripAdvisor Member ChillyWillyPa

We just got back recently from the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand.
We've been to the Iberostar Grand in Mexico twice, and the Rose Hall Grand is comparable to the Paraiso Grand in Mexico.

Previous reviews have done a good job at rating the hotel facilities and meals and service.

FOOD-
At this point, there are 4 restaurants available for dinner, but only 2 are open each night due to low occupancy. This will change as time goes on. All four restaurants have excellent service, food and presentation.
There is one breakfast buffet/restaurant (with menu service), and one lunch buffet/restaurant (with menu service).
There is very little Jamaican food available, however they can make just about anything you want at the lunch restaurant. I requested "jerk burgers" just about everyday, and they were delicious.
The dinners were top-notch, with identical menu as the Grand Paraiso.
Breakfasts, as is typical at Iberostars, were great.
We did eat at the Mexican restaurant at the IBRH Suites, which was very good, and we also ate at their lunch buffet a couple times, which did have a few Jamaican choices.

POOLS-
Very nice, slightly chilly due to high winds the whole week. Excellent poolside service. All 3 pools (activity, tranquility and main) are next to each other, but don't actually connect. Due to the low occupancy, the whole pool complex felt like a "tranquility" pool. There were lots of palapas and shaded lounge/beds around the pools, and I bet you won't have any problems getting a good spot, even at higher occupancy.

BEACH-
Very nice, sandy. There are some pebbles and shells, but this was never a problem. We walked with bare feet and played volleyball, and never had any problems. There was a bit of seaweed due to the winds, but this was raked up everyday. There are a ton of palapas, which were hardly used at all. The ocean was very pretty (multi-colored), and actually pretty calm due to the 2 reefs (one close to shore, one farther out). The beach is plenty long for a nice walk, and to use the water sports, you do have to walk to the far end. If you keep walking beyond the eastern fence, there is a little shopping village off the property, which is great for cheap souvenirs. We felt very safe in this area.

Grounds, etc-
As expected, very nice. They were constantly working on something. There was actually more vegetation than expected. Plenty of marble and wood. Very very clean.

Bars-
Very good, but under-utilized. The cigar bar was always empty, as was the music bar. The lobby bar and theater bar were a bit more lively. Ardley, Theodore and Santino are some of the best, most fun and most interesting bartenders we have run into. And Racquel the waitress was great for both her service and conversation. I also highly recommend checking out the "jazz quartet" which plays in the music bar a couple nights a week. It's actually mostly pop and reggae, with a little jazz thrown in there. But they were very good. Shows were good (very similar to Grand Paraiso). I did not like the Chicago show though. It had good dancing ,but the singing was all lip sync. They have enough talented singers on staff, this should've been live.

Comparisons:
As compared to the IB Grand Paraiso, there were some positives as well as negatives (although keep in mind, they'd probably ALL be positives as compared to any other hotel).

First of all, the place is not as aesthetically "grand" as the IBGP. It's not because it's smaller, it just doesn't have the same "wow" factor that hits you from the moment you walk into the lobby to the first time you see the pool complex. Very nice, but not as grand.
The IBRH Grand has a lot of steps. This is because the way it is situated geographically I'm sure, but there are a lot of steps to walk up and down. There are elevators available in most areas, but NOT in the disco. You actually have to walk down a very long steep flight of stairs to get to the disco, and there is no elevator access.
The gym/spa was ok, but not quite as well equipped as the IBGP, and the juice bar wasn't quite as good either. And again, it wasn't as impressive or grand as the IBGP's spa complex.
The pools are decent, but not as big or well-separated as at the IBGP.
There is a decent variety of beer, but the beer list is not as extensive as IBGP.
Overall service was excellent, but the butlers weren't quite as attentive as they were at the IBGP, and a couple times I was told "I don't know" by waitresses at restaurants when asking if something was available. They did not voluntarily say "I'll check that for you", I had to ask them to. This may be a tiny bit nit-picky, but this didn't happen at the IBGP. I'm sure this will improve with time. After all, the place has only been open for about 6 weeks.
The last negative comparison that I'll mention is the overall setting. At the Paraiso complex, you feel like you're in a different world. You're a bit off the beaten track. The Rose Hall complex is situated very close to the main road. You never feel that you're close to the road, or see the traffic or even hear it for the most part, but you just don't get quite as much of a secluded feel.

Now for the positives:
The Jamaican people are this place's greatest asset. They choose many of the IBRH Grand employees by not only their experience and professionalism, but also for their ability to relate to and converse with the guests. They can go from being very formal "good evening sir", to "ya mon" very quickly, once they see that you're into that. It's a cool thing. It's also nice that English is the official language here. No language barriers at all.
This place is much more condensed than IBGP, which makes getting around a lot nicer. It's easy to go from a restaurant to a bar to a stroll by the pools back to the bar then to the theater without having to walk far at all. The IBGP is not set up nearly as well, with the restaurants being quite a distance from the social areas, like the bars. (That's actually my biggest complaint about the IBGP).
The beach and ocean at this place are a lot more usable than at the Paraiso. There are 2 reefs, which make for much calmer water to snorkel, sail, kayak, swim etc. There are no huge rocks blocking your access to the ocean either.
A much higher percentage of the rooms have good views here too. We had an ocean view, but could see the whole pool complex, as well as huge portion of the beach and ocean. We were almost as close to the ocean as the ocean front rooms.
The actual room was almost identical to the IBGP, but the tv was nicer, and the lights were situated better. The rooms was very quiet too. We never heard any hallway or outside noise while trying to sleep.
Another cool thing is that they had an outdoor "chillout party" by the pools one night, instead of a show. They had live music, and plenty of drinks and snacks, along with a good portion of the Star Friends staff. That was something I thought they should have at the IBGP, but they didn't.

I think that about sums it up. There are a lot more details, but most of them have been mentioned in other reviews.
This is a great place. We felt that the positives and negatives balanced each other out enough to make this place just about equal to the IB Grand Paraiso.

Close, but not quite flawless, yet.

by TripAdvisor Member SvenJ

Let me start by writing that, in my humble opinion, a destination must be perfect to receive a 5-star rating (5-dots, in this case). This iteration of The Grand will probably get there, but after opening only 8-weeks ago, it's impossible to expect everything to be flawless for a venue of such a large scale.
That said, The Grand Rose Hall is well on its way, and any negative comments below reflect minor distractions to a great stay.
The pool is phenomenal; relaxing, well maintained, stylish (though the Pool Bar seems to have DJ authority and the same handful of songs rotated all day; must have heard one song, in particular, at least 7 times one day).
The design and layout are quite similar to The Grand Paraiso in Riveria Maya, south of Cancun in Mexico. Ornate lobby (with a classical European design that is a bit out of place here), four a-la-carte and two buffet-style restaurants, no shortage of staff (granted, the current recession showed its teeth with less than 70 guests in attendance during our stay), and stylish rooms.
Room: I really do like the way Iberostar has designed the rooms (identical to other Grand locations): optimum use of space, good quality materials in construction. The staff keep things very clean (perhaps a bit too as our room smelled of ammonia at times), and the amenities are almost perfect: The flat screen TV's are almost a waste given the poor quality of the Cable signal coming to the resort, nice for the DVD player, though.
There is an ethernet internet connection for a computer but, unfortunately, not with a modern standard of "high speed" internet connection, as I conducted a test and found speeds of only 256k downstream / 128k upstream. There are several outlets that are not bolted into the walls studs; when disconnecting a chord, the entire socket housing pulls out of the wall (dangerous).
Apart from those few issues, the rooms are very comfortable with nice patios and the most comfortable beds of any hotel I've ever visited.
The staff are predominantly friendly, though, as with most places in Jamaica and other tourism-centric countries in the Caribbean, there is a constant expectation to tip. It is usually deserved and anyone of means should be sensitive to the amount of work most of the staff is required commit (often 15-hour days, 6 days a week). That said, if you receive a service without tipping, there can be that uncomfortable stare and silence that greets you afterward.
This particular location is still not totally complete and there are a few construction jobs on the property (very small ones).

In total, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed The Grand Rose Hall and I would definitely recommend the facility.

One final shot at Iberostar, though: the practice of gouging guests for very small services is unseemly. For example, a $5 US charge for using the phone each time, or the charging of guests for allowing local taxi drivers to enter the property (a $30 US cab ride to the airport 15 minutes away, when a local would pay about $1 US). It leaves a bad taste, Iberostar. You'd be wise to augment the practice.

Very nice, depending on what you are looking for

by TripAdvisor Member isabellaMontreal

Excellent experience overall. I recommand the resort. However, if you are looking for a "feel of the jamaican culture", this is not the place to go, in my opinion. It is very luxurious, a little too much for us, but I guess we kind of get used to it at the end! It looks more like a Vegas hotel than a carabean resort.
Although half of the rooms are still under construction, it is really not a problem. We didn't notice until our buttler told us.

Service :
If you are looking for great service whit happy and very kind staff, this is the place to go. We have been to other 5 stars resort in the past but the Grand wins by far.

Food & drinks:
Excellent, lots of variety and very well presented. Fresh (wonderful) fruits, juice, lots of salad options, fish, meat, cheese. The buffet is not open for dinner yet - I guess the resort is not busy enough. Only 60 guess while we were there. If you are a vegeterian, although there are a lot of veggies to choose from, you might find that options are a little limited. Restaurants are very good. Wine is okay but always too warm in my opinion. Food was sometimes a little cold at the buffet, I guess this is due to the fact that there was not enough turn over.

Rooms:
Absolutely perfect, comfortable. Very clean.

Shows/Entertainement :
Did not go to the shows. Some people told us they found the resort "too quiet", we personnaly enjoyed the fact that is wasn't crowded at all!

Pools:
Very nice, clean.

Beach:
Nice, but short :15 minutes walk at a regular pace, back and forth. If you are looking for a beach oriented vacation, Negril is a much better option.

Gym:
Although the equipment are new and good quality, the gym is very small and doesn't offer a good view of the ocean. I would expect a nice view while working out in the carabean. No gym balls, steps, etc..Not much space to do stretching or mat exercises. I thing the gym needs some improvment.

Pros :
Service, food, overall look and comfort of the resort.

Cons:
Buffet breakfast is in a cold place (too much A/C). I missed the carabean breeze at breakfast.
Missed Negril's beach ...

Hope this review helped.

Over the top luxury!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gerardbarnicle

The Iberostar Grand is so over the top amazing that I can't wait to go back. We went down with 2 other couples in Feb. The rooms were unreal, the butlers were so nice (Christoff and Jorge) - they would do stuff to your room while you were out... like run a rose pedal drawn bath in the jacuzzi tub or leave a bottle of chilled champagne for your return. The rooms have internet service (no charge) so I could work without effort. The views from the rooms were breath taking. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The pools (not heated, my only complaint) were large and fun. Morris the pool bartender was a blast. He really knew how to take care of the guests. He hooked us up every afternoon. Renee-Nay was great. Shawshanna was a total trip. The Jamaicans are such friendly people. They really do have fun while working and it shows. I can't forget our friend Alando in the Cigar bar. He took care of us every night after dinner with drinks and the best espresso's on the Island. The food is so good that even though you know you should stop eating... you won't want to. Each restaurant was better then the next. I really liked the Italian (lobster Lasagna) and the Japanese restaurant. Carlos and Moses were always there making sure we had a great time.

We really didn't know what to expect seeing that the hotel just opened 3 weeks before we got there but they had everything in order and ready to go. The staff was great, the food was great, and the rooms was soooo comfortable. My only complaint is that the pools were cold. The ocean was warmer which made it tough to be comfortable in there all day. I never went over my waist, it was just too damn cold. They need to fix that.

Other than the pool, there is nothing bad I can say about this resort. It's money well spent and will be one of the nicest places you can stay, in Jamaica, and in the world!!!

Excellent service ,great food very surprised as to how high end it was.

by TripAdvisor Member zoyawoman

The hotel was not crowded the week we were there. Service excellent, the food was really good and the presentation was wonderful. There was something for everyone. I would have liked a little more of the Jamaican experience foodwise. Highly recommend for a restfull vacation spot. The staff is extremely well trained in customer service

Outstanding in every respect

Junior suites large and very well planned. Wonderfully comfortable beds. Verandah has settee and swing seat - very nice! Concierge service outstanding, special thanks for great care to Conisha who is a gem, concierge and all the lovely butlers. Very very good quality control by Pilar in guest relations one of the factors leading to the very high standard. Very friendly and helpful receptionists. Food in a la carte restaurants excellent but missed the Grand's buffet which is not open yet but which will be excellent I'm sure. The buffet is open next door in the suites and is very nice but the Grand's will be even better. Excellent service and food at the lunchtime beach view restaurant with lovely staff and head waiters Carmen and Carlos. The bar persons and servers were wonderful which special thanks to Andrew and Tanisha in the reception bar and Kenisha and Sonja at the pool. They work so very hard caring for guests with wonderfully sincere and kind service. Special thanks to animation staff, especially Stacey, a wonderfully talented and lovely young lady. Last but not least many thanks to Suzanne and Maxine who cleaned the room and turned down at night in a very discrete and efficient way. An outstanding hotel with lovely beach.

What a grand vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member piglet81784

We LOVED this vacation so much we came home on a wednesday & went back to the travel agent that following saturday & booked another trip, 8 nights to a different Iberostar grand, Bavaro in Punta cana ! We go on another vacation april 8 to the 16th for my hubbys 50th b-day! WE leave in 2 weeks...........the staff were so very friendly in Jamaica we will definitely return maybe next January......... It was awesome! It was maybe 20% full....kind of quiet.I suggested a steel band by the pool in the afternoon would be nice. When staying at the grand you have access to the other 2 sister hotels but they cannot come into the grand. When we were in need of entertainment we just walked to the next hotel..........very very nice trip! Food was excellent, had lobster tails & fillet mignon for lunch every day.......

Jamaica Jammim.

by crazygal59

"Wonderful week!"

We attended a family wedding in Montego Bay and stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Had a wonderful time. This is a great hotel. We were in the adults only section and it was truly a terrific experience.

"Great pools."

There were three infinity pools with a swim up bar and great loungers.

There were lots of loungers and sun beds available for everyone, even on the beach. The food was very good with great variety. The bedroom was very large with our own fully stocked bar, with wine, liquor and pop. Top quality liquor was also served in the bar areas.
Service was great with lots of smiling faces. Would go back in a heart beat.

1st Time to Jamaica/Montego Bay!!!

by AdventureBunny75

Hi all,

I'm headed to MO Bay & staying at the Iberostar Grand.
Its our first trip, and hopefully not our last, to Jamaica.

Has anyone stayed at the Iberostar? Any tips or suggestions?
Also thinking about getting driver to take us around for maybe half a day...
Any suggestions?

Thanks Mon! Happy Travels,
Bunny

Re: 1st Time to Jamaica/Montego Bay!!!

by planxty

Hello Rachel,

I have not stayed at that hotel, so I can't offer any help there. I have, however, been to MoBay on business a few years ago, and would point you towards some of my tips about what to do and where to go. MoBay, whilst a lovely place, can be dangerous if you are not careful. I do not say this to put you off, by all means go and visit, and you will find the vast majority of Jamaicans wonderfully friendly and helpful.

you could undoubtedly get a driver, although the things of interest nearby, principally Dunn's River Falls, will undoubtedly be served by organised tours from your resort so no need to hire a driver really.

My pages (link below), although a few years old, have still got some advice about the place, confirmed by work colleagues who have been there more recently.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

Re: 1st Time to Jamaica/Montego Bay!!!

by staminaman

You can book a local taxi man for the half day for about $40 bucks who will act as driver/tourguide, most of them by nature are very receptive and expressive to visitors and are glad to tell you about the various sites and scenes of Montego Bay. There are various clubs and entertainment spots located in the Montego Bay Hip Strip area. Travel light and everything will be ok.
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall is 21 km east of Montego Bay in Rose Hall, Jamaica, close to a lot of different areas popular with the tourists. So no matter what kind of traveler you are, you'll have lots of activities to choose from. For a little shopping, there's the Shoppes at Rose Hall including duty-free stores, souvenir shops as well as resort wear boutiques. For a little adventure there's hoseback riding in the quaint fishing village of Sandy Bay and ziplining in Montego Bay. And for something a little more romantic, there's a champagne sunset sail along Montego Bay's coastline to take in views that will blow you away. Enjoy your trip to Jamaica it's a Great Getaway destination. For further information you can email me at staminaman_gc@hotmail.com

Comments