Cottage Road, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Caribbean

Expedia.com CheapCaribbean Orbitz.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• very beautiful, but not that fun

My Husband and I travel to Montego Bay with our 2 young boys to visit friends who live there. This time I tried to save money as i knew we never stay at the hotel much as we are out and about. So we left our first hotel and thought when we had arrived at the Iberostar Suites we had found a new Love in Jamaica. The beds were so comfortable and the view was so nice in the evening with lit up pools we enjoyed room service. The following day we took our 5 and 8 year old busy fun loving boys to the pool had our own family fun even enjoyed some time on the beach. We decide to try the kids clubs so as a couple we could have some adult time. The kids club closes at 5 pm. What??? What about a movie night? we have stayed at places where you can pick your kids up as late as 10pm. Not that i would do that every night. Babysitting after 5 was more money. I may have p[aid that if my kids had fun the first time during the day. They never went back.

I will give props to the head of entertainment he tried... just not that much. I thought he would be funnier from my first impression. The best laughs crazy game "magic carpet". The best memory will be scuba in the pool with my 8year old. we did that twice. I never really felt the staff cared if we had a great time. not much personality. This is Jamaica, I come to the place of no problems ~ the staff should be fun. They were all a bit snobbish. I had a feeling that came from the hotel itself. Let them be themselves so as guests we may be ourselves.

Unique Quality: Pool is very nice, but is treated for 3 hours or more at a time. Ghost town at 5 as everyone is getting ready for dinner. I don't want to wear a watch on my vacation

More about Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Amazing Vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

by TripAdvisor Member kravpa

We just returned from a one week stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and all we can say is...AMAZING! We had a fabulous time. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nicely appointed (the phone system was a little quirky though) and virtually all of the rooms have a view of the ocean. We ate at the Buffet (at the Suites and the Beach), the Mexican, Gourmet, Japanese and Cajun restaurants. The Cajun left a lot to be desired but all of the other restaurants were delicious! We ate lunch every day at Aunt Ruby's (the Suites' steakhouse), where we ate outside. The service at the Suites was among the best and the Star Friends, including Tyrone (Monkey), Leon, Shane, Kenny, Johnathan and Alycia were unbelievably energetic and made the vacation a blast!
The resort is clean and very well maintained. All of the employees did their absolute best to make sure that our vacation was problem free. They get a 10 out of 10 for their customer service. Virginia, a server at the pool was incredible. Every time you needed a drink, she was there to serve you! She knew when we were thirsty even before we did. What a hard worker she is! We could not have asked for more. From the front desk to the front door to the bartenders and wait staff, everyone was exceptional - it was one of the best vacations we've ever had!
The spa and fitness centre for the Suites hotel is not open yet, so we had to use the facilities on the Beach side. This gym was small and definitely not capable of handling all of the guests from both hotels. All of the facilities should be open by mid-January, when the Grand is expected to open, so this problem should be eliminated then.
We were at the Suites on New Year's Eve and they did a wonderful job with the night. The Gala dinner was superb and the fireworks on the beach were really great! They seemed to have thought of everything to make our night special.
Drinks at all times were plentiful. The popcorn in the lobby bar was delicious and they kept it coming at all times! There was always something to eat or room service was available 24 hours a day.
We've stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya in the Mayan Riviera and although we loved that property, we loved this one even more!
We would definitely return to this hotel. The Jamaican people are incredible. They are so pleasant and willing to do anything to make your stay a perfect one.
Our hats go off to Iberostar and all of the staff at the Suites hotel. Thank you for making our trip so memorable. We'll definitely be back!

Loved the Rose Hall Suites and we will be back

by TripAdvisor Member tabasco3

We were at Rose Hall Suites from Dec. 18th to the 23rd. We had the best time enjoying the Star friends(Leon, Kenney, Monkey-Tyrone, FitzRoy). We felt like we were at a day camp doing all the activities and hanging at the pool. If you don't feel like doing activities you don't have to but we enjoy it. I don't feel like the resort was really near capacity but we were there before the holidays. I loved that it wasn't near capacity-always could find a beach chair and never had a wait for food or drinks. My 11 year old son had a blast making friends, playing ping pong, and playing billiards at night. The pool was a little chilly but refreshing. I find that a lot of these resorts the pool is rather chilly. The hot tub was cold water too but for some reason they are always cold in Jamaica and in Mexico. I just don't get it. This was our 4th time to Jamaica in the past 2 years. The other times we were at the RIU Negril (2 times) and RIU Ochio Rios. We feel this was the best. place due to the location, the food, the drinks, and the resort itself. We loved the infinity pool. It just looked so cool. The lazy river was fine- it was slow at spots and you had to push yourself but it was relaxing. We also stayed at other Iberostar resorts in Mexico a few years ago and we enjoyed ourselves there as well. The food was great. We ate at the buffet the first night (Thursday) and they had grilled lobster tail. SWEET!! We also ate at the steak house( that was just okay), the Meditteranean(I thought was great, and the Mexican(which was also very good). The Mexican had a ton of different appetizers and was almost better than the actual meal. For breakfast they had the homemade donuts which are yummy. It seems they have this at all the Iberostar resorts that we stayed at. The rooms were very nice and roomy. They had flat screen TV''s and DVD players. You could get DVD's from the front desk but they didn't have a very large selection. The cable did go out one night when we were there but it was back on in a few hours. What also makes this hotel so great is the location. It only took about 15 minutes from the airport. The beach was nice and there was plenty of chairs. There weren't any waves so don't have your kids bring a boogey board or anything. At the other Iberostars we were at there was always a beach bar on the beach. You could go to the back side of the swim up bar from the beach but I felt that the beach shack would of made it more cool. But it is fine with out it. Everyone was really friendly and I felt that we made friends with a lot of people. The bartenders were really nice- Andrew, Glenroy, Nehemih,and Ardley. They were always trying to please us with creative drinks. Get the Green drink from Ardley. . We did visit the Rose Hall beach (the other side)but we never ate there or did anything. We will go back for sure to Rose Hall Suites probably in November.

Best Resort I've ever been to!

by TripAdvisor Member nachalnik

Stayed in Iberostar Rose Hall last year right after it opened. Liked it but wasn't swept of my feet. Stayed in Iberostar Rose Hall Suites the last week of November this year. Phenomenal! Definitely the best resort I've ever been to and i've been to a lot of 5* resorts. This one beets them all hands down. Everything is top of the line. I know a lot of things about construction and my friend and I constantly tried to calculate how much was spent building the hotel starting with the top of the line German plumbing fixtures, solid wood interior doors, etc. Believe me, all the stuff is really top of the line. Also, this is the first resort where the restaurants are actually better than the buffet. Usually we go to one restaurant and then go back to a buffet. Not in this one. Calabash (gourmet restaurant) and Mare Nostrum (Mediterranean) were spectacular. In the States you would easily pay $100 or more a person to dine at the places like this. My only real complain is the ease the people from Iberostar Rose Hall get to the beach and restaurants of the Suites. Toward the end it became quite annoying but not annoying enough to spoil the vacation. Overall, just WOW! Can't wait to visit the third building.

Wonderful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member amg13099

My Fiancé and I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Nov. 16th- 21st, 2008.
This is a great resort and we had a wonderful vacation.
We can’t complain about anything except the weather.

The room was very nice with a large bathroom that had a large bathtub and a shower. We had a large balcony with a table & chairs and a great view of the pools and the ocean. We couldn’t ask for a better view.
The pool is amazing…..it looks like it goes right into the ocean.
Dexter at the swim up bar is the best bartender. You have to try a Hummingbird. Yummy!
The beach was a little disappointing. The sand was very shelly and not as soft as I had expected and there was a lot of seaweed. If you are going here strictly for the beach, you will be disappointed. But it’s still the beach and the ocean was still warm. We spend most of our time in the pool anyway.

The food was always good and always fresh. The omelets at the breakfast buffet are the best. We also ate at the Mediterranean restaurant, the Japanese and the Steak House and all were very good.

Since the resort is so new, it wasn’t very crowded, which we loved.
The entertainment staff works long days but always have a smile on their faces and are always making sure you are having a good time. They put on a show every night and you can tell they truly enjoy entertaining everyone.

We did 2 excursions. We went to Dunns River Falls and climbed the falls. We had a great time and would definitely recommend that others do this while visiting Jamaica.
We also toured the Rose Hall Great House. I can’t say I had any ghostly encounters but it was a nice experience.

We did have a trip to Negril planned but our tour was cancelled because of the weather.
Like I said, the only thing we could complain about was the weather. We were only there for a short time and it rained for 2 days. But we kept ourselves entertained and didn’t let the rain bring us down. After all, we were on vacation in Jamaica. Even if it’s raining, it’s still better than being at home, where it was only 30 degrees.

Go with an open mind, and just relax and enjoy your surroundings. You will not be disappointed with this resort. We will definitely be back.

Great Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member calgarytravelling

We stayed at the Iberostar Suites in MoBay for 8 nights.... a great trip! We had the best of service, great entertainment, a great resort and a great trip all around.

Like any all-inclusive resort there are usually things you like and dislike but the Suites was great. It's the perfect size for starters. You are never far from anything. There is no such thing as a 10-minute walk to your room from the beach or pool or restaurant like in other resorts we have stayed. The restaurants and bars are plentiful. The pool and grounds are great.

The beach is a great size and the condition of the beach while we were there was being cleaned up. The week before we arrived a storm came through so there was debris on the beaches that was being looked after while we were there. Nothing serious at all, just seaweed and branches.

The restaurants always had a ton of food. As in all all-inclusive resorts there are items that are at every meal at every restaurant. These items are there for the picky eaters, the kids, etc. There was also lots of new stuff and everything we had was great.

The Suites is the middle of the 3 resorts with the Beach being the lower resort of the bunch. This resort is still beautiful. The crowds at this part though were younger, or lots of families. We assumed that just because of the price point of that hotel vs. the Suites that they attract groups and the younger crowds. The people staying @ the Beach can't use the facilities @ the Suites but the Suites can use the Beach.

The Grand portion of the hotel is almost ready to open and let me say - WOW. We had a tour of the resort which is almost ready. I'm sure that only a portion of the rooms will be open to start, similar to what they've done with phase 1 and 2 there. But it is truly unbelieveable. The hotel, the restaurants, the pool and bars are all truly remarkable. It is couples only though and I'm sure will draw that higher class.

To the entertainment staff, the pool staff, the restaurant & the bar staff - THANK YOU!
Kenny, Tyrone, Leon, Shane, Barrington, Rocky.... to all of them, thanks for the great trip.

As far as Jamaica itself, we went on two tours while there. We did the Chukka Canopy Tour and we also went to YS Falls.
We used one of the large tour companies from the hotel for the Canopy tour and a local company for YS Falls. Never again will do anything but the personalized local tour that we took.
Carolyn & Errol Barrett of Barrett Adventures were fantastic!
They let us set the pace the day from the get go. We went with another couple from our resort that we had met so it was just the 4 of us and we got to stop along the way whenever we wanted, stay as long as wanted, you name it.

We truly got to see and learn about the real people, the real way people live in the country. The drive up and down the mountain was frightening to say the least as the roads are narrow, steep and bumpy, but the end which was YS Falls was to die for.
You must go! Take your cameras and water shoes and spend the day there. You can play in the falls, use the rope swing, jump from fall to fall, float down the Great River, zipline and just hang out.

Anyway - we had a great time and would recommend the resort and definitely Barrett Adventures!

Pictures to come!

Chicagoans 23

by TripAdvisor Member Chicagoan23

My family and I stayed at the Iberostar Suite Montego Bay and originally we were booked at Iberostar Beach which was the older side of Iberostar. My husband called the resort 2 days prior to our departure and lucked out on getting an upgrade w/ no extra charge. Its definetely worth trying to get an upgrade. We did visit the other side since we had dinner reservations there (Japanese & Steakhouse) and service was not that great. The waitresses was not as polished as the suites were, but still enjoyed ourself w/ the food. This place is definitely a relax chilled place. Not much to do but to be lazy or enjoy a nice book. My kids 2 boys 7 and 11 however kept themselves busy w/ all the activity that the Star Friends had planned. From Archery, Water Polo, Horseshoes, Water Basketball, Soccer and Dance Lessons by the pool side. Star Friends did there best on trying to entertain the vacationers...but at the same time left you alone if you didn't want to join...They start there day from 10AM til 12AM they will sit by you for breakfast/lunch to get to know you. These guys/girls are very educated upbeat people, they are great at what they do. They finish off the day w/ a show at the main theater which is beautiful. They present the awards that you won during the day prior to the show. My kids received certificates and hats for joining. It was cute.

Excursions:
We were there for 6 nights 7 days and we only signed up w/ the tour to the Dolphins Cove $95 per person w/ a free upgrade to touch the Dolphins. This would have caused us an extra $130 we spoke to Barbara who does the booking for excursions. We also swam w/ Stingrays which was included in the package. Shark show and boat ride was also included. My boys loved it.

Food:
You must book your reservations when you arrive. Its hard to get or change reservations. My family and I ate at all the restaurants w/ no issues, usually you are only entitled 3 if your staying for 7 days. We had Steak, Lobster, Caviar, Sushi, BBQ, Salmon, Duck and many more to choose from..Oh by the way they have great coffee.

*Make sure you bring pants for men,they do not allow shorts on any reservation restaurants.*

Please go there with an open mind. Don't be picky, these people try there best to accomodate to your every needs.

Kenny, Tyrone, Leon, Shane,Rocky.... to all of them, thanks for the great entertainment that you provided for the boys!!!

Everything but the food

by TripAdvisor Member grady881

I just returned just yesterday Dec. 7, 2008 from the Iberostar beach side I guess you could call it. As posted on line it took@ two hours to check in. No kidding, but to following the advise of the cyber crowd. I made my way to the lobby bar and had a couple cold red stripe beers, and after a few my room was ready. Don’t be like the crazy women I observed at the front desk screaming her head off demanding this and that. Take your self to the bar and relax for an hour or so. It’s a much more relaxing way to start your vacation. The resort is nice the rooms were clean. I advise tipping your room maids on a daily basis. It keeps them interested in their job, At least as far as your concerned. I went on the guide shopping tour for $13 a piece. Do your self a favor stay at the hotel or do something else. You’ll find better stuff at the airport on your way out. That includes shopping at the Iberostar. I could have saved quite a few dollars on liquor if I would have just waited till I got to the airport. My room was in close proximity to the music bar as they called it. Wasn’t a problem until Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. That particular wing of the hotel was rocking until 2:30 each morning, Not bad unless you’re a light sleeper. The bar staff and waitresses were a hit or miss. They were super nice or not so super nice. There was one in particular, here name was Sharae I think the spelling is correct. Just a down to earth, nice person. The beach staff did a great job cleaning the beaches all day long. This is the third iberostar I have been to, and the one issue I have with them is that the lounge chairs on the beach. they are nice if you want to lay around. I prefer a chair to sit in and they a very few and far between. At all three of them. Now on to the food. What else can I say everything was nice except for the food. Let me say I am open to just about any type of meal and I tried a few in Jamaica that would leave the hardiest of eaters reaching for the tums. The food quality was lacking at almost every meal. I have traveled the Caribbean for years now and I can honestly say that this was one of the worst food experiences I have ever had. The food is very bland not a lot of flavor. I would like to thank the baker who made the hard rolls every day because this person kept feed for the week. As for the three specialty restaurants. Never made it to any of them. I was on the beach by 8:30 everyday and the reservation desk didn’t open until 9:00am . Would have been nice if the reservations could have been made in the main dinning hall at breakfast instead of a trek to the main lobby. All in all I had a good week except the meals. Be back in the Caribbean in may. Looking for another destination maybe St Lucia in the spring

Outstanding vacation at Iberostar Suites

by TripAdvisor Member talk2fast

My wife and I just returned from four days at the Iberostar Suites in Montego Bay , Jamaica. We were there celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we absolutely were wowed by the Iberostar experience. The hotel is awesome. It was our first time in Jamaica and at an "all-inclusive" hotel. We were impresssed at every turn by the staff and the Iberostar Suites. The staff was truly outstanding, Tyrone and Rocky (entertainment) Tyrell (wait staff), Glenroy/Dexter (bartenders) and the front desk/front door staff. We have never experienced such incredible service before. Every time we turned around there was someone from the hotel asking if we needed anything.
The pool is unbelievable, what a view of the water right from the pool. Each of the restaurants we ate at (Gourmet, Mediterrean, Mexican and Steakhouse) are very good. We enjoyed the Mexican best. The steak I had there was tender and delicious. We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet at either the suites or Iberostar Beach next door, food was plentiful and good. We enjoyed the buffet at the Beach a little more as you can eat outside. The entertainment staff is a lot of fun, Tyrone and Kenny are always getting the pool guests involved and their enthusiasm is very contagious! We are not big on "activities" generally but I have to say Tyrone, Rocky and Kenny got us involved and we ended up having a great time. There is something planned all day long. Overall this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We are already in a serious family discussion to return next year for a full week!

Love this Resort

by TripAdvisor Member archue

We just got back yesterday and we really did not want to come back. We stayed for 6 nights and were really impressed with the way the hotel has been maintained. The grounds are beautiful,rooms amazing,entertainment unbelievable, bar was great and the beach was awesome.
We have stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya and we would really give it a bit higher points than that. The reason is the infinity pool and the drink service at the beach.
They have cleaned the beach and its very clear and no waves and the water was beautiful. I would suggest people wear water shoes because there are some sea urchins. But you can stay hours together at the beach. The buffet and restaurants are good. We are vegetarians so they were more than happy to prepare special meals for us. The kids club is nice. They have 3 wiis installed and its a nice place. All the rooms have flat screen.
The hotel next door was nice but too crowded and I dont think the service would be as great as this one. I am sure you would want to go back to this place again. Loved it and want to go back.

Great Resort Lots to do

by TripAdvisor Member TGeneral

We stayed here over New Years and just returned. The Hotel is great and rooms are well appointed and clean. This resort has a lot happening from Parasailing, diving, sailing, snorkeling, kyaking and tennis.
The beach is great and if you want to get away from the pool activities it is fairly quiet and peaceful.
There is a show every night and the best one was a history of Jamaica
We stayed over New Years and it was a lot of fun.
Meals were fine for an all inclusive resort, and what I expected,although the buffet dinner on New Years Eve was very good.

The thing that made this trip was the staff. All very friendly, helpful, accomodating and really seemed to care that you had a good time. If there was a problem it was resolved quickly. (room over a night club, fine if you are up all night but my wife and I had early morning golf booked) I complained and they moved me right away. My daughters who were in the room next door before we relocated never heard the music.

Good location, close to golf, and if you want to go to Montego Bay it is a short cab ride.

Definetly would return.