Rose Hall Resort And Country Club

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Montego bay all inclusive

About $200 a night, all inclusive. That means 3 meals a day plus drinks. plenty to eat. All food laid out, buffet style. Accomodation - adequate. every night, there was entertainment, including reggae, caribbean folk dancing, all male singing and dancing troups. get up and dance! they have a store where I bought the book about the Rose Hall Great Hall. Also plastic shoes for climbing up Dunn's Falls. They have organized coach tours leaving from the hotel. Conference facilities. A swimming pool and beach. Golf Course: you aren't allowed to walk on, while people are playing. The golfers have the best view of the beach and sea! Sea is beautiful, but not as clear as Cancun. Take immodium in case of traveller's diarrhea. Everybody very friendly and helpful

Directions: Outside the town of Montego Bay. Within walking distance of Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall shopping centre and half moon shopping centre.

• Robinski9's Profile Photo

Nice mid-priced all inclusive.

We stayed here a couple of years ago and had a great time. The rooms were not impressive but the grounds and pool were lovely. The beach was small and rocky but they were in the process of rebuidling it in 2003. We are going to stay there again 12/05.

**Update from 12/05: I was told by our travel agent that the hotel is no longer affiliated with Wyndham resorts. This is not true. It's still a Wyndham resort and if you get the all inclusive package - which I HIGHLY recommend, the food options are wonderful.

The reason I recommend the all inclusive plan is that if you plan on having any drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) and eating three meals a day, the prices per meal/drink are a bit pricey and it will probably be cheaper to go all-inclusive.

Also, if you're booking with an online travel search and want the all-inclusive rate, make sure you check the option for the all-inclusive. We had two couples checking in ahead of us who apparantly were confused by the online travel sights process for booking and had only paid for the hotel/air fees. I was confused by it, too so I opted to book with a travel agent and actually got the vacation for the same price as travelocity.

Unique Quality: Right on the water, great staff, food was excellent. Nice family friendly resort. Also relatively close to the local airport. You don't want to drive to far in the local transports - bumpy ride - no shocks. :) Price listed below is for "all inclusive" rates.

***Update 2005: The beach is much nicer. I personally preferred the pool area since I am very fair skinned and do not like the way sand tends to get everywhere. Anyway, there are many, many chairs for laying by the beach and watching the surf and nice service staff to bring you fruity drinks. :)

As far as price goes, our trip cost approximately $2200 for round trip airfare from O'Hare airport to Sangster Airport, hotel, and all food and drink. for 5 days and 4 nights. This price was for two adults, by the way. Please note that the all-inclusive plan does have some limitation and some minor surcharges apply for certain meal a the luxury restaurants. Things like bottled water and most dishes with beef (in the luxury restaurants - not with the daily buffets) tend to have a $5 -8 dollar surcharge. One lobster dish had a $13.00 surcharge. HOWEVER, there are tons of wonderful food items - primarily local fish that were fabulous and didn't have extra surcharges. You will leave STUFFED To the gills, if you are not careful.

***I will add more photos soon.

• nlswin1's Profile Photo

Wyndham Rosehall Resort

We staid in this lovely hotel. since then it has been changed many times. the service was exelent and the private beach beautifful.

More about Rose Hall Resort And Country Club

Your Typical big, all inclusive, resort

by danmcf about Hilton Rose Hall Resort

Spent our last 2 nights here using Hilton Honor points, making it a 'free' stay.
Typical big, all inclusive resort. Food was fine, pool was fine. Beach was a bit rocky in spots, but nice just the same. The most unique aspect of Hilton's Rose Hall resort is the 'water park'. Nothing too big, but great for family (we had fun too).

The Wyndham Rose Hall Resort...

by PickUpNGo

The Wyndham Rose Hall Resort and Country Club in Montego Bay is a wonderful place to stat. If is virtually self-contained. The resort is beautiful, the staff if great, the food is absolutely fabulous and so is the entertainment. The new water-park is great for kids and adults. I have been to this resort 5 times and recommend it to families, couples and also to senior citizens. Something for everyone. It does not have the singles scene, so if you are singel and looking, don't go, but if you are single and going with friends for a good time, get up and go....This resort has both all-inclusive and ala-carte. I recommend doing all-inclusive, saves a lot of headache.
Higest season is the winter, cheapest is the summer. All inclusive per night for 2 people ranges from $150 to $300. Kids stay and eat free up to age 12. There are many packages available to include air fare which makes pricing vary greatly. The Sugar Mill Falls water park is great fun for all ages. It has water slides, lazy river tube riding, hot-tubs, a cafe and a swim-up bar. I am not a golfer, but friends of mine
who are, say the course is one of the most beautiful they have ever played. You play
right up to the Caribbean. Right now only 9 holes are open due to renovations, but I
think all 18 will be open this winter (2000).

Loved this hotel

by 33kathymac33 about Wyndham Rose Hall

My husband were married at the Rose Hall Resort and had a faboulous time.

The rooms are a bit outdated but not a problem they are clean and we had a fantastic view over the golf course. The grounds and the hotel are kept extremely clean at all times.

The Pools are incredible. We loved the lazy River and the water slides. There is a beautiful beach which was not crowded at all. There is plenty of room for everyone.

When we got hot we would move to the Lazy River and float around a few times to cool off or just float to the pool bar for a quick drink.

The food is good with lots to choose from, we always found something nice to eat. The
Three Palms restaurant was lovely, Food was great and the atmosphere was perfect..We celebrated our wedding there and the staff were lovely.

I could go on and on about the good things For the price this was a great resort Fantastic Pool area which include lazy river, slides and hot tubs throughout the beautiful grounds

paradisw

by TripAdvisor Member suemackey

I would like to add my views about the Wyndham ROse Hall in Jamaica, I would like to say that the previous review someone wrote on 17th February 2003 was completely wrong, we went in September 2001 and 2002. The hotel and grounds were spectacular, the food and service was brilliant, and could find no fault in the hotel atall. The staff were very helpful, when the rain started there was always activities put on for us. As for the rain leaking in the hotel, we hada monsoon for 5 days last september and we saw no leaks at all. The must have a bad experience as we have been twice now and found it supurb.

incredible vacation

I was a little bit apprehensive about booking a vacation at the Wyndham Rose Hall, because some of the review said some not-so-great things. I decided to try it with my husband and daughter, aged 14, and my sister and her son, aged 13. This was the best vacation my family and I have ever had. We got there a day late because of some airline trouble, but once we got there everything went uphill. Check-in was quick... I suggest become a Wyndham By Request member-- you get a free room upgrade (our room had a lovely view of the ocean and the golf course) We went up to our room which was nothing too special, but it was clean and well-decorated, fine with me-- you don't go to a hotel to stay in the room the whole time! I highly reccommend going all-inclusive, otherwise the food is extremely expensive. The pool was great, the lazy river was a personal favorite of mine. The kids loved the waterslide, and even convinced me to go on it. The beach is pretty nice... you should get towels and put them down on chairs early, because it tends to get crowded. The ocean water wasn't quite as clear as most Caribbean water, but it was still a pleasure. The food was superb for all-inclusive... the Three Palms and the Luna di Mare are reservation restaurants and they are some of the finest restaurants I've ever been to. I highly recommend them. The service was fabulous--- the staff could not do enough to please you. We took a tour of Montego Bay-- $60 USD for 5 people, a good deal. The town itself is interesting to see, and our tour guide was very friendly. We went shopping at a craft boothes which was an experience... the people are very manipulative and remember-- you can always get the item for half the price! We bought beautiful paintings for our home. The kids went tubing the next day at the Rose Hall beach, which isn't part of the hotel... about a 5 minute drive but it's a beautiful beach. They have chairs... shade... and the water's a bit clearer. The kids liked the tubing. All in all, this was a fabulous, relaxiNOT STRESS THIS MORE!!!We went during President's weekend and a few more days after that weekend, right when there was a huge snowstorm back home in the Northeast. Our flight was about two days after the storm, and everything was cleared for the most part. We called from our hotel to make sure the flight was still on and they said it had just left Philly, our final destination, and was heading to Montego Bay. We got there and they said it was leaving in a few minutes. 2 hours later they told us the flight was cancelled b/c the crew never showed up.... what kind of airline is this?? EVERY OTHER AIRLINE WAS FLYING OUT!!!

Great Time!

My wife and I just returned from our vacation in Jamaica, where we stayed at the Wyndham Rose Hall. We had a terrific time. We read the mixed reviews posted here, but took our chances. We were pleasantly surprised. While we understand some of the complaints (too many kids, dull rooms), they were nothing you couldn't get over. If you DON'T LIKE kids, don't go there. Families are everywhere, but they were not rude or annoying. We spent most of our days on the beach where there were few if any kids. They can be expected in the water park and were fun to be around for the most part. The airport arrival was fine but be forewarned that the airport doesn't seem to be air conditioned. If you're coming from a cold climate, dress appropriately or bring a change of clothes in your carryon. We took a shuttle van from the airport directly to the Wyndham. Again, I tipped the driver a dollar a bag (we had 4 bags). I thought that was fine, but some people we met said they did the same thing and the driver gave them a hard time. Our upgraded room wasn't ready when we arrived so we changed into our bathing suits and toured the grounds. When our suite was ready, we went up and enjoyed the view of the ocean and the golf course. After unpacking we got some more beach time and made a dinner reservation at Luna Di Mare, the resort's Italian restaurant. Everything you could need while relaxing at the beach or the pool is a short walk from your chair. Don't let the folks complaining about no waiters on the beach scare you. You're 50 yards from a bar no matter where your beach chair is. Luna Di Mare was excellent. The service was first rate and the food was very good. Save room for dessert. The chocolate tort, according to my wife the chocolate expert, was to die for. Their cannoli was the best I've ever had. Our first day was an exhausting one, so we turned in early.Each day at the resort was wonderful. The weather was perfect. Breakfast and lunch at the Terrace buffet and the Pool Grille was very good. We spent the days lounging on the beach, swimming in the water park (the tube slide is out of the world!!!), snorkeling, sailing on a katamaran, or kayaking. Dinner at the Three Palms was outstanding. The All Inclusive Menu is somewhat limited, but you should find something to your liking. I had the Grouper Rundown, a seafood medley in a cream sauce. The soup and salad were terrific. The chocolate tiramisu they have is quite dissapointing, again according to the chocolate expert in the family, but my banana tart was amazing. As always, the service was wonderful.We toured the Rose Hall Great House just down the road and found it a beautiful place with a violent and tragic history. Our guide did a great job.By far, one of our favorite experiences was the Luminous Lagoon. It is a boat trip (ours was more like a canoe trip) into the lagoon while a guide explains what makes the water glow when disturbed. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Well worth the money. We highly recommend it. In all, our trip was great and our stay at the Wyndham was excellent. The only complaints we had were minor: we had a hard time turning the tv on or keeping it off at different parts of the trip. Often times if we turned it on it would turn off on its own. Sometimes it would turn on by itself. Also, we received a 6:00 wake up call that we never asked for. The staff was apologetic, but come on! We spent a morning shopping in downtown Montego Bay and we were driven there by a man named Gilbert. Gilbert was great, alot of fun to talk to and seemed to know some good places to go. We purchased some things at some of the places and at some places we didn't find deals or merchandise we wanted. As the morning wore on, Gilbert became increasingly quiet. He seemed to get more quiet the less we purchased. By the end fo the trip, we returned to the resort in virtual silence. My theories are that he A) was sending us to his friends and was annoyed that we weren't buying from his buddies and/or B) he was getting a little kickback from his friends so the less we bought, the less he made. When we tried to pay him with a travellers check, he curtly told us we'd have to change it because someone would think he "stole it", whatever that means. A weird experience, to say the least. Two recommendations: go All-Inclusive (it's worth every penny) and sign up for Wyndham By Request. We did and got a free upgrade to an oceanfront suite. Granted, it wasn't the Ritz Carlton, but it was nice to have two bathrooms, a fridge, and someplace to sit other than the rattan arm chairs in the "bedroom". We also got an early check in and a late check out.A word on tipping: tipping isn't required or necessary, but c'mon; you want to take care of the people who are taking care of you. I was less concerned for the wait staff as I was for the bartenders. I went to the same bar and the same bartender everyday. Each time I slipped him around $3. By the end of the first day, he recognized me and starting giving me bigger glasses. By the second day, he acknowledged my coming to him daily and taking care of him and appreciated it. Each day I'd get bigger glasses or extra drinks or both. If you're a drinker, hook up your bartender since you'll see them most frequently.Wyndham was a great, affordable resort and is a really family friendly place.

brill time

Went there last September with my girlfriend, we had a brillant time, the food was very good and the rooms were clean, big and cool for the hot climate. Don't listen to any bad reviews, the hotel facilities were very good and the hotel staff very helpful and very funny. NO PROBLEM THIS IS JAMAICA MAN!!!

Entrance to the Hilton Rose Hall ResortEntrance to the Hilton Rose Hall Resort

Rose HallRose Hall

Rose Hall Plantation HouseRose Hall Plantation House

A blurry ROSE HALLA blurry ROSE HALL

Iberostar GRAND Rose Hall Jamaica

by aatkins

Hi, I've booked a week at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, the newest adults only Iberostar in Mo Bay. I understand that it JUST opened....has anyone stayed there? Seen it's progress from a nearby resort? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Andrea

Comments