Sandals Hotel

Hotels.com CheapCaribbean Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• biebs's Profile Photo

jamaica's best kept secret

heaven.....need i say any more!!!!

Unique Quality: small...only 52 rooms.......more staff than guests......superb personalized service....and you get to know other guests easily as well......and yes very close to the hip strip.

Directions: near dead end beach and the hip strip

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Wonderful place to stay!

This was the most relaxing time to be had! Very clean, the staff was perfect in every way. The room we had was on the 3rd floor with a great view of the ocean from our bed. This Inn is located in a quiet zone, and it really is peaceful. It's located on a dead end street so there is not too much traffic. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. The front desk will exchange your money for the going rate.

Unique Quality: There is a small beach located across a small dead end road. The all inclusive is just that, you need for nothing and drink alot of Red Stripes! They have food almost all day and night in case you get hungry. They can set up any activity you wish to go on and transportaion with a good taxi service. We went on the Chucka Blue Horseback ride, and the Dolphin swim. Sandals provides so many activities that will keep you on the go, plus you can visit 2 other locations of Sandals when you stay here, shuttle is provided. They also do weddings right on the grounds.

• Lodi13's Profile Photo

All you need on a beach

Sandals at Montego Bay was a stunning surprise. The grounds and facilities are very well kept and spotlessly clean.
    The rooms are well appointed,the food is delicious and the restaurants compare to the finest anywhere. Five bars keep you well watered with a wide choice of cocktails.
    The staff is outstanding and make you feel so comfortable.

Unique Quality: The available watersports that are all-inclusive is amazing.

More about Sandals Hotel

Sandals Inn is a Scary Place

I went to the Sandal Inn on a day pass to watch my best friend get married. People were trying to sell us cocaine during on the public beach during the wedding pictures. When we got back to the cake some ferral cats had eaten and dragged the food off the table. The food is poison, the water is poison, this place is the worst place I have been in my life. When we got back to America we all agreed we would never go within 90 miles of Jamaica ever again. DON"T GO THERE!

Sandals Inn - stay away!

This Sandals is a classic case of false advertising! Quiet and Quain it isn't! The brochure pictures a beach in front of the hotel with a sunfish sail boat. This is terribly misleading. The Inn has no beach or non-motorized water sports. You must take a 15 minute bus ride to either the Montego Bay or Royal property. The beach is a PUBLIC BEACH and is always crowded with locals. They love to have very loud barbecues with music blaring. They started at around 5:30 AM and seemed to go all night long! The INN is located on a very busy street. You can hear traffic noises in your room. The music at the pool is blaring all day long. I think they do it to cover the traffic/local noises but it only makes it worse. The food was okay and the staff nice. We were shown several rooms but the hotel is u-shaped so it is impossible to get away from the noise. We transferred after 1 night to the Royal property which is awesome! Take my advice and stay there. It was nice, clean and quiet!

Sandals Inn, Jamaica - Give it a try!

Just returned from an excellent holiday in Sandals Jamaica. We stayed at Sandals Inn, which we found to be very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. If there is one gripe about this place its the busy road just in front of thr hotel which seems to have an endless procession of boy-racers speeding past the hotel at all hours of the day and night. We didn't use the public beach across the road as it was very busy with locals and didn't have any sun loungers or facilities.
We used the Sandles shuttle bus to go mostly to MoBay and the Royal Caribbean - this was an excellent service. Mobay was definately our favourite beach, but it must be said the island just across from Sandals Royal Caribbean took some beating, especially the pool and swim up bar facility.
Sandals Inn is a small hotel but has very good service and has that extra personal touch with 24hr room service. The two other resorts are much more lively with more to do. Food in all three was of a very high standard.
All in all Sandals Jamaica was a good value for money holiday.....will we return? You Bet!

The view from our bed.

by tpangelinan about Sandals Inn, Montego Bay

All Inclusive Resort
Our room was on the 3rd. floor, this might have been a problem for some, no elevator.
Our room had a TV, balcony, King size bed, (very new), nice bathroom.
Traffic on street can be noisy here.

Sandals All Inclusive Is Worth Every Penny

by tpangelinan about Sandals Inn, Montego Bay

All inclusive resort. Beautiful Ocean View, huge balcony, great food, nice service, employees had great attitudes! Thanks Rudy the play maker (he left us alone by request) most of the time. Clean, and comfy always something to do. Pool and hot tub were excellent. Hotel got us reservations to what ever we wanted. Nice people, prices were reasonable. Lucky thing you can go to the two other hotels for free on 20 minute shuttle ride. Makes dining interesting. Breakfast was great and fresh every day, dinner was divine!

Nicest resort in Ocho Rios

by nstourist about Sandals Dunn's River

We actually have stayed here twice and have had two of the most amazing trips ever. The first time we visited we had booked to stay at the Sandals Inn (their cheapest resort) in Montego Bay in their regular room. The day before we left we got a call that they had over booked and asked if it would be alright to transfer us to Dunn's River (their most expensive resort in Jamaica). When we arrived they informed us that we had been upgraded to the honeymoon concierge suite (awsome!!!!!) We were spoiled the whole week. Gorgeous beach, great room, great food, great gardens, and an amazing friendly staff!

Two years later we noticed that Air Canada had a vacation package to Dunn's RIver on sale and had to jump at the chance. It so happened that our vacation was the same time as their reunion week, which is a week they have once a year for returning guests and let me tell you I thought they spoiled us before, well that was nothing!

They had day trips planned for us where they took us to a secluded beach were they supplied a bar, great food, and a band. They also had something planned for us everyday as well as daily gifts on our bed, rum, a framed picture, t-shirts, coffee, coffee cups etc. At the end they had a huge elaborate dinner with a band, where they gave away a trip to any Sandals resort, and lots of singing and dancing. At every table there were three couples and two staff members. Everyone you met made you feel like you were family, everyone knew our names and where we were from and were willing to help with anything.

The only thing that kind of bummed me about our last trip (as if anything could have) was that another resort is being built right next to it. We were not bothered by the noise, just the fact that it will not be as secluded as it seemed before. This is a resort I HIGHLY recommend, if only for the fact that they have the best staff in the world. I had two staff members remember us from our first vacation.

Awful.

June 3, 2004
Sandals Inn and Resort

I would like to take this opportunity to share my "not so enjoyable" vacation at the Sandals Inn at Montego Bay. Please bear in mind that I fully intend to send a copy of this letter to the Northeast district office of AAA travel here in the states as well as posting this letter on the Internet. My hope is that other travelers not experience the fraud and disgust that my wife and I paid for this past June. I believe it would be best if I categorically break down all the shortcomings. They are as follows:
•The fraudulent picture within your "Beaches" brochure depicting the Sandals Inn with complete beachfront property and water sports. In reality, there was a 25-foot beachfront that is used as a public beach and no water sports. The picture in the brochure was obviously superimposed to depict a much larger beachfront. All visitors will need to take a bus to other Sandals beach areas around the island. This is not what I call tranquil and cozy accommodations.
•Our travel agent called Sandals to verify that the "stay at one play at six" all inclusive package included transportation from the Sandals Inn to the other five Sandals Resorts around Jamaica. She was informed that this was absolutely true and that buses ran from the Sandals Inn to all five resorts at no charge to guests. When my wife and I arrived, we were told that buses would only run to Sandals Montego Bay and Sandals Royale. If we wanted, we could rent a cab to the other destinations at our own additional cost.
•Once at the Sandals Inn, my wife and I made a point to catch the orientation the first full day we were at the island. We, as well as two other couples, were present at the scheduled room and time but no Sandals representative ever showed for orientation. The second full day resulted in the same miscue. It was not until my wife and I persisted and hunted for the appropriate staff member that we finally received our orientation.
•Most rooms face the pool. This was actually nice, however, your staff's agenda included loud amplified music all day in the courtyard along with inappropriate games riddled with sexual innuendoes. Your inn was advertised as quiet, quaint and charming. You failed to exhibit any of these qualities.
•After the first day of loud music in the courtyard, smelling rubbish all day in the hallway, and having to flush our toilet two to three times, we asked for a room and/or resort transfer. My wife and I found the staff at the Sandal's Inn unaccommodating to our request. There was absolutely no follow up with our request.
•Towards the end of our stay, my wife decided to make a telephone call home. The pamphlet in the room stated the cost from Jamaica to the states as $6.00 per minute. The actual price as we checked out was $9.54 per minute. Another little annoyance to an already forgettable vacation.

In short, I would not recommend anyone to attend the Sandals Inn at Montego Bay. I found the service sub par for the money spent and the accommodations less than gratifying. I did not write this letter as a gripe. In fact, I am writing this letter some five months after my actual vacation. This is a fair amount of time to wear anyone's grudge. Instead, I would like this letter to serve as a public message and warning to all future and possible travelers of the Sandal's Inn.

Courtyard of Sandals InnCourtyard of Sandals Inn

1/2 block from Sandals Inn1/2 block from Sandals Inn

SANDALS INN MONTEGO BAY

by aswad13

MY SOON TO BE WIFE AND I ARE TRAVELLING TO MONTEGO BAY SANDALS INN FOR OUR HONEYMOON. WE WILL BE ARRIVING ON TUESDAY 10th AUGUST FOR TWO WEEKS.
IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF WE COULD GET THE LOCAL WEATHER AVERAGES FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR AND A RECENT REPORT ON SANDALS INN.

Re: SANDALS INN MONTEGO BAY

by Calor

firstly do NOT type in capitals..secondly why don't you just search the weather online.

Comments