Banana Shout

West End Road, Negril, Jamaica, 3004, Caribbean

Banana Shout Resort
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Super location for partying!

I have stayed at Banana Shout since Mark and Ilene owned it---Mark wrote the novel "Banana Shout" (available at amazon.com and other sites) about Negril's beginings from 1969 to 1972. A wonderful read for anyone who has been to Jamaica and loved it, especially those of us who have been coming for so long---
    Mainly, Banana Shout has 2 great cottages right on the cliff's edge, one closer to the famous Rick's Cafe, which is right next door. This should definitely be taken into account, since RC is a lively place every day from 5 until 9 at night....
    BS cottages have king size beds and ceiling fans.....porches with tables and chairs and hammocks for relaxing during the hot mid-day sun. Milo (Mee-lo) is the Man and can help you with anything. There is also a cave below, with a fresh water shower for when you get out of the ocean. This is all connected with concrete paths---much nicer than it sounds.....This used to be a Naturist friendly place, but not really now. Very open to Rick's Cafe.
    There is a mini-grocery nearby for food and plenty of local restaurants close by for that really local experience----check out LTU Pub up the cliff about 2 minutes, and Leroy's chicken almost across the road from the Banana Shout gate. Oil -Can grilled chicken at it's best--he was interviewed on Travel TV by the Aussie guy---cant remember his name right now, but Leroy's chicken is real good, mon!

Unique Quality: Cave below, fresh water shower on cliff, cottage on cliff

Directions: next door to Ricks Cafe

• SparkyMcBiff's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I was not really enjoying my time in Negril at all, mostly because of the non-stop harassment by the locals as soon as you leave your hotel. I had stayed at several different places for about a week at each place but it wasn't until I moved to the Banana Shout for my last week that I started enjoying myself. In fact I will say that the Banana Shout SAVED my trip since it was such a wonderful and relaxing place.
    I had moved there from the Escape which was a place that felt very run down and completely lacking in any soul. Moving from the Escape to the Banana Shout made me regret not choosing the Banana Shout right off the bat. (I know better now).
    You get a massive duplex bungalow with a huge porch and balcony and large beds. It was like your own little house. Check out the pictures of the accommodations if you can because they are definitely very very nice. If I went back to Negril there is no question that I would stay at the Banana Shout.
    The owner is named Milo and he is Italian and his lovely (actually gorgeous) wife is Norwegian (I think) and they are simply a wonderful couple and very accommodating. I've even exchanged some emails with them since returning since they turned out to be like old friends.
    Even though I have other countries that I intend to travel to before I think about going back to Jamaica I like the Banana Shout so much that I would consider going there for a short vacation and a quick visit.

I highly recommend it.