Beach House Villas on Negril Beach

Norman Manley Boulevard, On the Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Beach House Villas
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Secluded villas on the beach

Beach House has villas, efficiencies and apartments for rent (directly and they also advertise in VRBO).
    Prices start at $154 for the king size jungle tree top suite (summer rates) to the 4 bedroom 5 bath ocean house at $778 a night. You can also get the entire property for weddings, etc....check out the website for deals.....
    Right on Negril 7 mile beach-----
    Lots of restaurants close by-----
    Some of these are for sale as well.......

Unique Quality: on the beach, luxurious

More about Beach House Villas on Negril Beach

Seagrape Villas Negril Cliffs

by dustmon about Seagrapevillas

I have travelled to Negril almost every year since 1973 and usually stay on the ocean side of West End Road, lately at Seagrape Villas, next door to what used to be Mariners Resort (now Negril Escape). Seagrape has 2 very nice houses (cottages) right on the water, one of which is more open to the cliff area and larger, and the other is more secluded in the trees and flowers. I have stayed in both and love them equally! Bob Marley actually stayed in the smaller one and Juicy, the site manager, will tell you stories if you ask. This is a very private place---noone allowed unless a guest or their friends. Both are 2-bedroom villas with A/C in the bedrooms and fans in the rest of the house. Both have kitchens and both have inside and out showers. You can buy groceries across the street at the small market or have Juicy cook for you---he is an excellent cook! There are also plenty of restaurants around, and you can be sure that real Jamaicans are benefitting from your visit, as opposed to the large All-Inclusive resorts at the beach. Try Ras Rody for organic soups and stews(Samantha Brown just featured him in one of her Travel Channel shows)---also try the jerk chicken from my old friend Leroy who has one of those oil drum grills on the road up the cliff a bit. Very Tasty!
Get in touch with Seagrape's owner, Margo at Seagrapevillas.com and enjoy the laidback cliff living in Negril!
updated Oct/2010 right after Storm Nicole came thru and "mashed up" the cliffs a bit...I must have been the only tourist above The Rock House Resort in the West End, most everything up that far was closed for repairs. The 2 houses at SGV were in remarkably good shape---the sea was really rough the whole week so did not even swim at all, but enjoyed the cliffside sun and the local restaurants close by. Had Juicy's fried chicken and also his snapper in ginger sauce---he really can cook! Incredible sunsets at night, cliff sea access with ladders and concrete sunning areas
Good cooking from Juicy!

Tony and rastaTony and rasta

Lobster dinner at Presley's Bar & GrillLobster dinner at Presley's Bar & Grill

Oya, Massage QueenOya, Massage Queen

Negril - JamaicaNegril - Jamaica

Renting house or Villas?

by sweet_ann134

My family would like to vacation in Negril in December. My kids are 23 and 25. I would prefer staying on the quieter end of the beach( though my kids would prefer the other). I would like to rent a small 2 bedroom house on the beach. I know there are beautiful houses on the cliffs but that is a little far away from the beach. I have found villas that are associated with hotels. Would like any advice possible about renting a villa associated with a hotel or renting a house on the beach. I have found it difficult to find a site for house rentals that have smaller houses. Do i risk getting hassles or theft is I rent a house not associated by a hotel. So many questions and very little answers. Is Negril even worth it?

Thanks Barbara

by NegrilPirate

There is a 2 bedroom house to rent at Bobby ASH's Peaceful gardens.It is across the road from Roots Bamboo.
Bobby does not have his internet working yet, so the thing to do is give him a call.
Booby is also an international carver, who took second place in Ocean City this spring.
If you look at the rates page, you will see that the price is very reasonable. If you need any more info, you can email me at
And yes, Negril is worth it. I have been there off and on for over 35 years.

by ohliz

I'd consider a two bedroom vila at Rondel Village, a 2 bedroom cottage at Nirvana, oe of the 2 bedroom villas at Moondance Villas (very high end), a 2BR at beach House Villas, or a 2BR cottage at Whistling Bird, to start. My family has stayed at and enjoyed all of those (except Moondance but we spent a lot of time with friends staying there).

Most villas in Negril are part of a hotel whereas in MoBay, Ochi and most of the north shore that's not the case.

The villas/cottqages above all come with kitchens and living space besides a bedroom, and some have cooks available or included.

by jsaldin

We stay at a group of Villas called Native Son. Small outfit - only 3 villas (a four bedroom a three bedroom, and two duplexes with 2 bedrooms). Wonderful location in the middle of the beach and the staff there is excellent - a housekeeper as well as maintenance/security. I highy recommend it - a closely guarded secret ;-)

First TIme to Negril, Jamaica

by coty13

We're a middle-aged couple going to Jamaica for the first time. We're looking to have fun but do like our privacy. We're planning on going in May and would like some help in deciding between Couples Negril or RIU Tropical Bay. Any insight?

Re: First TIme to Negril, Jamaica

by toemayn

i believe couples caters more to weddings. they're both great properties thought. our neice really liked sandals on her honeymoon. in may it shouldn't be crowded and the prices quite a bit lower. good luck an enjoy.

Re: First TIme to Negril, Jamaica

by kooka3

What are you looking for in the property? Do you definitely want to be in Negril? How big a property do you want? When you say that you want fun, what are you thinking of - water sports? night life? tours? Do you want to stay on the property most of the time and have fun there are do you want to leave a lot? Let me know what you're thinking about - I'll try to make some suggestions!

Kooka3--Negril Advice

by coty13

Kooka3- we would like a garden-like property with on site entertainment. we're NOT into loud overly-enthusiastic group activities but we like listening to live bands and do dance. we are interested in off site tours like booby cay and possibly the local waterfalls. Watersports are a definite must. On site dining should be of local flavor and we appreciate learning about local foods and drinks. most of all, we hope to relax and have some romantic evenings. coty13

Re: Kooka3--Negril Advice

by aimbug

I have stayed at both resorts. They are both very nice. Couples seems to be what you are looking for. Water sports are included at couples, there is a fee at Riu. The food quality is better at Couples. The food was not bad at Riu and there was plenty of it. Bottom Line is you get what you pay for. Couples is a little more expensive, but the service is top notch. The employees are happy to serve you and help you have a great time. At theRiu the employees did not give that level of service. I have heard that Riu does not treat the employees very well. They are underpaid and over worked.

RE: First TIme to Negril, Jamaica

by negril2006

From a traveller going for the first time with family. Check Crystal Waters Villas check Crystal waters Villas. http://crystalwaters.net. Here’s Trip advisor's reviews from recent travelers http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147313-d151275-Reviews-Crystal_Waters_Villas-Negril_Jamaica.html

After lots of research and trying to avoiding the big AI's we are looking forward to 2 weeks there with 13 people. It's on the the beach in Negril, comes with a cook/housekeeper, tjat prepares food, so there's your Jamaican flavour and it's next to all amenities.

Hope this helps.

need your help... bluefields

by sharkydmc

have you any info on a inexpensive place to stay in Bluefields? . we are looking for a place on the beach. Thanks, DC

Re: need your help... bluefields

by Odinnthor

Ahhh! Bluefield! Nice to see that some folks are actually exploring something other than Negril, Ocho Rios and MoBay....d:o)

Let's see what we can find. It has been some time since I spent time there. I lived in Jah Town (Kingston), back in the day and have returned often to my Jamaica. Back then Blufields was pristine and undiscovered. I used to go horse back riding in Paradise Park. The public beach is popular with the locals, and you get more of the "real" Jamaica than on the north coast. Make sure to hit the Pelican Bar for a cold Red Stripe......

Since then, there have sprung up a multitite of expensiive villas, most of which can be had at an exorbitant price. However there are some good deals to be had. It is worth looking into.

My choice might likely be the Belmont Guesthouse or similar place.

I must tell you that I do not know anymore, just how good budget hotels are in Bluefields, so take this for what it is worth. What I do know is that if you find a good place there, a stay in Bluefields, will be a great and memorable vaccation. Here is what other VT members have to say about a few of them.

Here are some more reviews on our sister site Trip Advisor.....

More information on Bluefields......

Depending on how long you are staying in Bluefields, if you are going to be mobile and are going to some traversing around the island, - do take the time to go to Kingston. I know you have likely heard bad things about Jah Town, but it is highly hyped, especially if you are from the US. Kingston is the heart and soul of Jamaica, and if you have not explored it you really have not been to JA. It is no more dangerous than any big city, and safer than New York or L.A. So much to do there. Jah Town vibrates with the local flavor. Bob Marley House and Museum, Tuff Gong studios, and many more. Do give it a shot. Enjoy Jamaica. One love!

Hope some of this helps.......d:o)

Travel Tips for Negril

The Black River

by chillysista

Don't go in the crowded tourists boats...
Ask a fisherman to guide u through this beautiful landscape he knows very well.He'll do it for the same price but in a local color...
Don't miss the corn soup u can find in the street: a bycicling man is selling it:spicy, hot and whaou, great. Really worth it.
On the way back, ask your taxi driver to stop on the roadside, near the ladies fruits sometimes they also sell something unique u can only find here in this part of Jamaica: peppered shrimps. These are tiny shrimps coming from the black river, sold simply boiled and tasted like smoked. Unique and de-li-ci-ous.

Authentic Jamaican food, tourist friendly

by jessiem about Canoe Beach Bar and Grill

Canoo is located on the West-End about 3 miles from Norman Manley Blvd. It is tourist friendly, with great service in a cozy, quaint setting. You can eat inside or outside on the white porch right next to the ocean, with hanging lanterns and lights that give the restaurant a romantic, private feel. The prices are reasonable, ranging between $4.00 for a sandwich to $16.00 for lobster. Choose from pesto bread and pasta, jerk shrimp, pesto seared Tuna, grilled Red Snapper, seared Tuna or blackened shrimp salad and coconut rum cake. The food presentation is very nice, but don't order starving. As with most Jamaican restaurants, food is cooked to order.

Party naked at Hedo - you only live once!

by Steavis

If you go to Negril without even visiting Hedonism II, you are an idiot. Think of the wildest, most outrageous nightclub you've been to, multiply it by 10 and make it open for 24 hours (ok, the after hours food at hedo sucks but so what)

FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE UNDERWATER WORLD

by Sininen

My sister's partner had got offers from some local people, who had glassbottom boats, usual boats, which would take us to the coral reefs, luxury boats which would take us to the coral reefs and all the drinks and food were included in the price. We wanted to take a glassbottom boat, but it had closed for the day, so we took the usual boat. The man took us to the reef where we did snorkeling. It's something I've never tried before and I was maybe a little bit nervous about it, but it went well. I just fell in love with the underwater world! I have naturally seen it on TV but nothing had prepared me for its beautiness. We had an hour to do snorkeling and managed to see quite a bit. So many colourful fish, something we call sea stars, because they are in a shape of a star, sea urchins, different plants and fossils. It was so very interesting. At the end I got seasick, because we were in the open sea and the waves were quite big and finally I threw up. What an embarrassing end to our snorkeling! I threw up also from the boat. What a humiliating ending to a wonderful day!

Comments