Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Tags

Spa and Resort Beaches Family Travel
See Amenities
Nicv12's Profile Photo

Thiefs do not go! Read my review!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2012

went on the 15-21st of may. Today i find out im overdrafting and i got a call from fraud alert. Along with everyone else in the family. I was very confused to find all the charges were on june 9th in negril. For hundreds of dollars, I was more confused because my cards were never used in jamaica but stored away in the safe. The people in the hotel copied my number. it may have been conrad, or garfield the butlers or the maids. Very ungrateful people. Will not be returning. I also will be returning each day and writing a poor review until my issue is resolved.

craigdfw's Profile Photo

Very nice family resort

by written on June 27, 2010

I've stayed at this resort twice. Once with my wife and again with my wife and teen daughters. The van ride from Montego Bay can be a bit lengthy but in the end it's worth the trip. The property is very large with room for adults and teens to roam. If you're a night owl then this isn't the place for you as it closes down before midnight. Most who are staying here are with kids and so that's understandable but probably best to choose Sandals Negril up the street if you want to sing late at the piano bar. Food choices are great, many pools, spacious rooms, friendly staff, beautiful beach with lots of ocean activities. This is a great location - I'd go back again if I was toting kids along.

Unique Quality: Rooms are well kept and ours was spacious. Grounds are well kept, food is great, beach and pool activities are plentiful. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

EdRooney's Profile Photo

by written on July 8, 2007

Absolutely Fabulous!

Arrived in the middle of the night after a 1 hour transfer from the Airport in Jamaica. we were hot and bothered but the Beaches staff made us all very welcome.

There was juice, fruit and cookies for us all and a nice touch... cold towels to cleanse our faces.... normally a hot towel I know but believe me... we needed it!

Unique Quality: Good All Round Complex.

Variety of eating choices from a fantastic buffet to suit all tastes, through pizza/pasta bar nr the pool and a Japanese Tepanyaki restaurant.... has to be experienced! For the formal occassion (adults only and must be dressed more than casual) there is a formal dinner experience.

Daytime activities include all the watersports, some you have to pay additional money for, but the sailing and banana boat are all included.

Fabulous pool selection and on site water park area to keep the kids (and adults) amused. Its NO wet n wild but it does have slides and rapids!

Directions: I couldnt tell you! Im not a local!!!

Its close to Ricks cafe and the duty free shopping area.

uvionpatrol's Profile Photo

A Wonderful family Getaway

by written on January 26, 2007

This was the first time that we experienced an all inclusive family vacation and it was well worth the few extra dollars that we paid. Anyone who has traveled with kids would know how difficult it is to manage. But the first day we arrived, the staff welcomed us into the lobby and immediately set our minds at ease about our stay. If we wanted alone time, there were always supervised activities for the kids, fully staffed nurseries with conscientious staff for the infants. The kids enjoyed this vacation far more than any other vacation we've had in the past. This resort managed to combine luxury and romance for the adults and fun and excitement for the kids. I didn't think that was possible but they pulled it off! I say 5 stars for Beaches Negril!!!

Unique Quality: Beaches Negril has the best staff and when you are traveling with kids, trust me, you need all the help you can get.

Directions: beautiful Negril

american_tourister's Profile Photo

So perfect for us

by written on December 10, 2006

We have stayed at several Beaches resorts and this one is perfect for us. It is big enough to have all the amenities, far enough from Montego bay to be truly relaxing, and is in the perfect spot for winds and sunsets.

Unique Quality: Beaches has swim up bars and scuba for the adults and a 1st Class day care center for the kids. You can leave the kids with first rate nannies and not worry at all. the inclusion of Sesame Street was a perfect choice. There is nothing quite like watching a parade of kids being led by Cookie Monster while you are sitting at a swim up bar drinking cocktails in the afternoon.

My favorite part though was the water park. There is a lazy river where you grab a vest and just float all day in gentle circles.

All-Inclusive Resort

by written on April 18, 2003

Nice rooms, very nice location, friendly staff. The food has enough variety and is of good quality. Although if you are looking for a nice cocktail this is the wrong place. The bartenders knowledge of the bar is minimal and they can only make the simplest of drinks using bottom shelf liquor. There is no tipping so there is no incentive for the bartenders and they almost seem disgusted when making you a drink. You will have to leave the hotel for a decent cocktail or any nightlife.

Unique Quality: Extremely family friendly hotel. Plenty of activites for children to occupy them and give the parents alone time. Although I ahve no kids I was quite impressed with how well the childrens facilities were.

Directions: Seven Mile Beach

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Negril Travel Forum

Need advice about Negril, Jamaica? Visit the Travel Forum for Negril and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Negril hotel reviews

Authentic Pizza
Good Jerk Chicken
Late Night Delight
Restaurants
One of the first restaurants in Negril
Rick's Café
Best Fried Chicken
Xtabi is Excellent!
Clive's Transport Service
Transportation
Beach... of course!
Things to Do
You WILL come back for Jerry's cooking.
Snorkeling in Bloody Bay
Things to Do
Transport from MJB (Montego Bay)
Transportation
Day road trip to Seaford Town
Things to Do
Hang out on the beach all day seek the shade.
Massage on your patio
Negril
Warnings and Dangers
Long Bay Beach Park
Now open to Public
Restaurants
Egret rookery at the roundabout
got cash?