Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Expedia.com amextravel.com CheapCaribbean

Costs 643% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Nicv12's Profile Photo

Thiefs do not go! Read my review!

went on the 15-21st of may. Today i find out im overdrafting and i got a call from fraud alert. Along with everyone else in the family. I was very confused to find all the charges were on june 9th in negril. For hundreds of dollars, I was more confused because my cards were never used in jamaica but stored away in the safe. The people in the hotel copied my number. it may have been conrad, or garfield the butlers or the maids. Very ungrateful people. Will not be returning. I also will be returning each day and writing a poor review until my issue is resolved.

• craigdfw's Profile Photo

Very nice family resort

I've stayed at this resort twice. Once with my wife and again with my wife and teen daughters. The van ride from Montego Bay can be a bit lengthy but in the end it's worth the trip. The property is very large with room for adults and teens to roam. If you're a night owl then this isn't the place for you as it closes down before midnight. Most who are staying here are with kids and so that's understandable but probably best to choose Sandals Negril up the street if you want to sing late at the piano bar. Food choices are great, many pools, spacious rooms, friendly staff, beautiful beach with lots of ocean activities. This is a great location - I'd go back again if I was toting kids along.

Unique Quality: Rooms are well kept and ours was spacious. Grounds are well kept, food is great, beach and pool activities are plentiful. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

• EdRooney's Profile Photo

Absolutely Fabulous!

Arrived in the middle of the night after a 1 hour transfer from the Airport in Jamaica. we were hot and bothered but the Beaches staff made us all very welcome.

There was juice, fruit and cookies for us all and a nice touch... cold towels to cleanse our faces.... normally a hot towel I know but believe me... we needed it!

Unique Quality: Good All Round Complex.

Variety of eating choices from a fantastic buffet to suit all tastes, through pizza/pasta bar nr the pool and a Japanese Tepanyaki restaurant.... has to be experienced! For the formal occassion (adults only and must be dressed more than casual) there is a formal dinner experience.

Daytime activities include all the watersports, some you have to pay additional money for, but the sailing and banana boat are all included.

Fabulous pool selection and on site water park area to keep the kids (and adults) amused. Its NO wet n wild but it does have slides and rapids!

Directions: I couldnt tell you! Im not a local!!!

Its close to Ricks cafe and the duty free shopping area.

• uvionpatrol's Profile Photo

A Wonderful family Getaway

This was the first time that we experienced an all inclusive family vacation and it was well worth the few extra dollars that we paid. Anyone who has traveled with kids would know how difficult it is to manage. But the first day we arrived, the staff welcomed us into the lobby and immediately set our minds at ease about our stay. If we wanted alone time, there were always supervised activities for the kids, fully staffed nurseries with conscientious staff for the infants. The kids enjoyed this vacation far more than any other vacation we've had in the past. This resort managed to combine luxury and romance for the adults and fun and excitement for the kids. I didn't think that was possible but they pulled it off! I say 5 stars for Beaches Negril!!!

Unique Quality: Beaches Negril has the best staff and when you are traveling with kids, trust me, you need all the help you can get.

Directions: beautiful Negril

• american_tourister's Profile Photo

So perfect for us

We have stayed at several Beaches resorts and this one is perfect for us. It is big enough to have all the amenities, far enough from Montego bay to be truly relaxing, and is in the perfect spot for winds and sunsets.

Unique Quality: Beaches has swim up bars and scuba for the adults and a 1st Class day care center for the kids. You can leave the kids with first rate nannies and not worry at all. the inclusion of Sesame Street was a perfect choice. There is nothing quite like watching a parade of kids being led by Cookie Monster while you are sitting at a swim up bar drinking cocktails in the afternoon.

My favorite part though was the water park. There is a lazy river where you grab a vest and just float all day in gentle circles.

• All-Inclusive Resort

Nice rooms, very nice location, friendly staff. The food has enough variety and is of good quality. Although if you are looking for a nice cocktail this is the wrong place. The bartenders knowledge of the bar is minimal and they can only make the simplest of drinks using bottom shelf liquor. There is no tipping so there is no incentive for the bartenders and they almost seem disgusted when making you a drink. You will have to leave the hotel for a decent cocktail or any nightlife.

Unique Quality: Extremely family friendly hotel. Plenty of activites for children to occupy them and give the parents alone time. Although I ahve no kids I was quite impressed with how well the childrens facilities were.

Directions: Seven Mile Beach

More about Beaches Negril

beaches negril a fun time

We had a very good time at this resort. Check in was very quick and we got a nice upgrade to a junior suite so it started out great. Drinks very strong and waiters at the pool bar fun. Food was just ok but that wasn't the focal point for us. The Mill good for breakfast and the beach grill was good for lunch. We never made it to the Seville due to my husband only having sandals, They're very picky about the dress code. The beach was very nice and you have to find "Mona Lisa" down the beach alittle ways to get a massage on the beach. Very good and only $30 for a whole hour. She used real aloe vera plants. We got asked to buy marijuana alot so just be prepared. The gift shop is very very expensive...suave creamrinse was $11 so don't forget to pack everything you need including bug spray. We got eaten alive the night of the beach party. I felt like most of the staff tried really hard to please us..I had read some reviews on here before we went and started getting a little scared but I think you would have to be a total winer baby not to have fun here. I mean there were a few things not perfect but hey, free drinks all day and a great beach and sunny weather..I'm happy.

Spend your money elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member dctx

Just got back yesterday from spending 5 days at Beaches Negril.
Actually, we only got 4 days because the first night we got there, they didn't have a room for us so we got bumped down to Beaches Sandy Bay Hotel. That was just the beginning of our bad experiences with this vacation. We went there because we had a family member getting married at Beaches Negril. So, there were a total of about 15 of us all traveling together. They bumped all 15 of us on Monday night at 9pm to this other hotel. Even the bride and groom were bumped down to this other hotel. Beaches Sandy Bay was not a bad hotel, but it was a lower-price and lower-grade hotel. And the check-in was totally messed up. I had family members that had to go to three different rooms because they didn't have enough beds, or the a/c didn't work, etc.. One relative walked into her room and found the bride and groom had just been placed in there. It took almost an hour to get everyone checked in there and finally settled in a room. They wouldn't hold the food for us either. We had to rush through the left over buffet food just before they took it away. Then, none of us could truly settle in because they were going to try to move us back to Beaches Negril the next day. So, the next day we boarded another bus and went there. Again, check in was a huge mess and took at least 2 hours for all of us. The bride and groom got a standard room, even though they paid for a suite. Our room was clean, but the a/c would work great for awhile, then just shut down and act as a fan shooting out hot air. Also, our bed was broken and made a bunch of noise every time we moved while sleeping. We complained about the a/c the first night. By the time maintenance showed up, it was spitting out cold air again, so the guy just left and said to call back if it happens again. We called again the next time, and same story. We asked each time if they could just go ahead and move us to another room, but they never would. They did fix the bed, though. The food was average. Alcoholic drinks were loaded up pretty consistently.
We did the snorkel trip (very nice but quick), but our boat broke down on our way back in. They kept having to baby-it along to get us back to shore. Overall, this was an o.k. trip, but the Beaches company does not seem very receptive and does not handle problems well. We felt very sorry for the bride and groom, who were so stressed out those first few days with hotel changes and everything. They should have been treated like roalty after all that, but they weren't. My overall opinion is that if you are going to spend the amount of money we spent, go somewhere else. I wish now we had just stayed at Beaches Sandy Bay, and utilized things over at Beaches Negril and saved the extra money. At least our a/c worked the first night there, and our bed was quiet and comfortable. The food was not great at either location, but was fair.
But neither place seems to be willing to correct mistakes timely. I had read these reviews before we went, so I wasn't shocked by anything that happened, but all the complaints I had read came true for us too. Being bumped and having check-in problems, having a/c problems, average food, Beaches boats breaking down, etc... Just be forewarned that you won't get as much as you expect for what you are paying. Just an average vacation where you will most likely encounter at least a couple of problems like we did.

Don't listen to them!

I made the mistake of reading too many negative reviews about Beaches Negril. I really started to question our decision to go there. My husband and I, along with our 16 and 19 year old daughters vacationed there 6/12-21, 2003. Thankfully everything I read was a lie and I was kicking myself for even reading the negative! Beaches Negril was a wonderfully relaxing vacation! The beach is beautiful, the sand is soft and pretty. The Jamaican people are wonderful. They're not Americans so they have a different culture. The men are friendly and the women tend to be reserved. The key is to go out of your way to be friendly and nice to them and not act like a jackass American. Once you extend yourself to them they will go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It's definately worth getting a suite. They treat you like royalty. It's also worth taking some nice clothes so you can eat at the Seville. It's a gourmet, white glove service restaurant, air conditioned and included in the all inclusive package so take advantage of it. Ladies need to wear a dress, skirt (nothing extremely dressy, just casually elegant) and dressy sandals will do nicely. Men are required to wear a shirt with a collar (Hawaiian shirts and polo shirts are fine), long pants, no jeans, and shoes (although they will loan you a pair). The pumpkin bisque with lobster bits is excellent! Our room overlooked the wedding gazebo which was added entertainment! I've never seen so many weddings. They were all different and wonderful!
Everything appeared to be organized and running smoothly. My family participated in all of the water sports. We tried every restaurant. We had conversations with many of the employees. We don't have a single negative thing to say...except about how some of the guests behave!!!
Everything ran smoothly. They even do you bagage check-in so you don't have to leave for the airport as early or stand in lines once you get there! This was our second trip to Jamaica. Last time we stayed at Wyndham Rose Hall in Montego Bay. That was a nice vacation, too, but Beaches was 100% better. At Rose Hall there was never any hot water, towels, and the electric was out half the time. We had none of those problems at Beaches. We'll definately go there again!

Balancing Act

My husband and daughter (12) visited 20-25 June. Beaches Negril is like a balancing act ...some days you fall others you don't ...but you're always on the brink of total disaster. The balance was the beach...happy & entertained daughter...the friendly bartenders...the sunny weather ...the breakfast omelets & fruit...the excellent service at Seville. The negatives were the fair to poor food at the Mill/Pizza bar (I was prepared for the Golden Coral which I hate...way below the low standard I had set), the smell of rotten drinks at all the bars, the general disrepair of tables, chairs, napkins, pools, floats, lounge chairs, towels, and roll away bed/pull out bed/couches. The hotel is just not kept up. My room was clean but we still had lots of mold in the tub. Basically everything needs to be either replaced or cleaned with lots of bleach. I am sure this hotel was great when it opened and was new. Now they are getting away with murder because we keep coming and paying big bucks and many of us leave with ....ahhhhhhhh that was relaxing....and it was. The beach and drinks just help you forget the negatives (I am getting ripped off... and Butch Stewart (owner) must be a billionaire at the expense of the travelers and the poorly paid employees). Did I have a decent time and generally enjoy myself...yes.
Will I ever go back....never. Will I ever recommend....no. #1 rule if you don't have kids DO NOT GO to this hotel!

MILES OF SANDY BEACHESMILES OF SANDY BEACHES

BEAUTIFUL CARIBBEAN BEACHESBEAUTIFUL CARIBBEAN BEACHES

Rocky "beach"-very few beaches and they are smallRocky "beach"-very few beaches and they are small

by Travellers3

We will be staying at Beaches next Easter and would like any information on this hotel. We are taking three kids aged 17yrs,16yrs and 8yrs. Heard mixed reviews on other sites and would appreciate any input. We have also heard the transfer from the airport is pretty horrid, so are considering flying, is it possible at night though, we land at Mo Bay at around midnight.

by Astrobuck

I'm not familliar with Negrill, but I can tell you that the transfer from the airport in Montego Bay is kind of rough. My wife and I took the shuttle from MoBay to Ocho Rios, and she got carsick. Everyone drives on the left side of the road, and they all got their licenses from Family Dollar. Other than that, it's not too bad. We actually plan on going to Negril on our anniversary, so if you could tell me what it is like I would be most grateful. Any other info you need, let me know.

by Astrobuck

Oh, forgot to mention...last I checked, Negrill was one of the highest rated. It does have the largest beach, though. I hope this was helpful.

by american_tourister

I will be meeting my family there the first week of October for R&R. Remind me and I will give you the lowdown about Beaches.

by Deborah1

I have only heard wonderful things about Beaches. We stayed at a hotel in Turks and Caicos that was turned into a Beaches right after we left, and the place was gorgeous. As for Negril...it really is the most beautiful beach in Jamaica. You can't go wrong no matter where the hotel is located on this beach. It is a long ride, however, from the Montego Bay Airport, but it didn't bother me at all. I looked at it as an adventure. Unless you stay in MoBay, most places are a drive from the airport. Don't fret and have an awesome time...you'll love it!!!! Also, at midnight, you will probably have no traffic, so you'll sail through. Just think about those warm Caribbean breezes!!!! Heaven !!
Deborah

by jwiedenfeld

beaches negril is wonderful my husband and i stay at sandals but we go to dinner at beaches some nights while there. you will love it sooo much wail till you see the beach you have seven miles of white sand.we really dont mind the drive from mo bay but we have never come in at night time have fun

Comments