Caribbean Sunset Resort Negril

Negril Square, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean
Otel.com Orbitz.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Negril

Lots to choose from on beautiful groundsLots to choose from on beautiful grounds

Dreamscape VillasDreamscape Villas

Shadrach---Ras's sonShadrach---Ras's son

My friend LeroyMy friend Leroy

Couples Negil

by TammyLee

Couples has a strict no tipping policy and I was wondering if that includes gifts for the chambermaids.If not what kinds of gifts would be the most helpful or preferred?

by Odinnthor

Good advise above, - I wish more were that savvy. (Hint: leave the blog address on the Home Page per the rules......d:o)

Welcome to VT folks, think you are going to like it here.

I really cannot add to that, as it perfectly answers the direct question. However if you need any other information about Jamaica in general and Negril in particular, just holla back.....Have fun! One love.....d:o)

by OakvilleLisa

Oh, I didn't realize I could leave the blog address some place? Can you tell me where? We are big time travelers with our little girl and love to blog about it :) Clearly I am brand new to VT.

Happy travels to Jamaica!

by Odinnthor

No worries, you'll get the hang of it.....d:o)

You already have a link on your home page. You can always build VT pages and include excerps or same and similar writing, like a travelogue.

One love...............d:o)

Travel Tips for Negril

Local Foods

by AnneAlex

Ackee - national fruit of Jamaica
Breadfruit - a local fruit often used more like a vegetable
Salt Fish - like dried/salted codfish
Jerk - a spicy rub or sauce often used to marinate chicken, you can ask for varied levels of spiciness
Goat - raised locally, a substitute to more expensive beef
Bammy - like a cornmeal cake, often served with ginger soy sauce
Curry/Coconut - a seasoning combination often found on many chicken or fish dishes
Juici Patties - a beef, chicken, or shrimp filled pocket pastry, great fast food and made fresh daily

Bug spray, bug spray, bug spray

by dlvredsquirrel

Avoid over packing (I packed WAY too much). Wore swimsuits, serongs, shorts, t-shirts, and a dress or two, and brought everything else back clean. sunscreen and a first aid kit. lots of film and back-up batteries. Our Canon AS-6 underwater camera takes MUCH better pics than the disposable ones I tried. If you plan to spend a lot of time snorkeling, bring your own equipment. an umbrella is helpful and bug spray is a MUST. The sand fleas are wicked after a rain and in the evening.

Mayfield Falls: The Non-Dunn's River

by Winch

Mayfield Falls is fairly remote, about 9 hair-raising, spectacular miles north of Savanna-La-Mar (which is about 30 minutes east of Negril). As you approach the falls, you'll find two competing outfits eager to guide you. We skipped the first one and tried the "original" tour, about 100 yards further up the road.

Once you walk down a formidible hill, you pay your $15 admission and order lunch (if you choose) which will be ready when you return from your climb. In the "village" you'll find a well-stocked bar and a lethargic group of locals who will sell you food, souveniers and trinkets. Wet-shoe and locker rental is available and recommended. Your guide will carry all your can't-leave-behinds in a "waterproof" bag. (Put your wallet, cigs, passport, rolling papers, etc. in the zip-lock baggie you brought with you for extra moisture protection!)

The climb looks easy. Most of the time it is. Some of the time you will be climbing up slick boulders, against a strong current. And suddenly it flattens out into a stunningly beautiful pool. On the way, you'll be able to enjoy a natural jacuzzi, slide down a rock, and swim through a cave! Only about a half-mile upstream (feels like more) you come to the eponymous waterfall. As my last girlfriend said, "I've seen bigger." But reward yourself with a dip under the falls before your trek (by trail) back to the village. You can get back into dry clothes in the changing rooms (free!), tour the village, and grab a bite and a Red Stripe.

Our eyes popped out when we ran into a couple we knew from our resort in Negril. They'd come over 30 miles and up the mountain on motor-bikes! I'd strongly suggest hiring a taxi or mini-bus instead. Organized tours are available, as always, at your hotel. Plan on half-a-day for this trip. Wear swim-shoes and bathing suit. Bring sun-screen & bug spray. Dry clothes for the long ride back are suggested.

Italian food in Jamaica??

by malianrob about Da Gino

I dont know why I tried to eat Italian food in Jamaica but it was a big mistake. At least eatting here. I read that the food was very good here from the guide book that I purchased and I was so hungry that We just walked into this place. I have to say that the service was excellent. The place was clean and somewhat romantic. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. The food was not good. On top of that the portains were so small that when I left I was still hungry.
I had pork filets. They gave me 4 little pieces of over cooked pork the size of alittle bit bigger than a quarter. One little piece of zucchini and alittle piece of orange and some potatoes. Rob had some sort of fish and he said it was alright. The drinks were good. They have a full bar here:)-

Rick's Cafe

by balieyes

sun sets are (probably) more beautiful on the cliffs in west end. this is where we will now go. it is a long way from here. you can walk, but you would better take a taxi. in west end you will find many restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes. the most famous of them is rick's cafe. its terrace is the perfect setting to watch one of negril's unforgettable sun sets.
this is the world famous rick's cafe! the cafe has lost part of its charisma. what it used to be a small cafe on the cliff, it is now a commercial restaurant. with the success of the restaurant, prices have gone up. but the cafe is still one of the best places to watch the sun set while sipping a local beer or a rum punch. rick's cafe also offer lunches and dinners. and once the sun sets, the parties start. some bars in the area try to steal its customers with two for one deals, but you will not find the same atmosphere there

Comments