3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Travelocity Expedia.com Tingo.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Beach Resort

Country Country has some 20 different guest cottages most with king beds or 2 twins, all with air conditioning, ceiling fans, private verandas or balconies, cable TV and more...check the website for the latest offers some including airfare......
    off season $155-175
    breakfast included for 2 in the rates and dinner plan can be added for $45 each person...

Unique Quality: on the beach, restaurant

More about Country Country Beach Cottages

Absolutely adorable - We loved Country Country

by TripAdvisor Member tpersis777

My boyfriend and I went to Negril for the first time and we stayed at CountryCountry from 7/20 -7/24. We loved it from the moment we arrived.
Both the cottages and grounds are beautiful, and the staff was very nice.
We had an upper premimum room which I had requested. Although it was not the closest room to the beach, we LOVED the privacy of the wrap around porch, and enjoyed sitting up in the trees each evening.
The room totally met our expectations. No worries about the wooden slat windows...they let the light in in such a nice way. At night just use the vap mat they provide and close the windows-- it plugs into the wall, and totally gets rid of mosquitos. Using bug spray, we were not bit at all at countrycountry. It did rain every afternoon (around 2 or 3 for an hour) and then cleared, and that is when the bugs came out. We just sprayed and were fine.
The beach was a short stroll through the grounds and although it was small, it is large enough to accomodate the guests. Towels, chairs, and umbrellas were provided, which was nice. There were 'salesmen' who especially approach you when you are new. But this is how some jamaicans earn their living, and I began to realize that you really had to have a certain talent for it, being a salesmen in the slow season there is not easy. I really liked Neil and his crew from everything from watersports (we parasailed and loved it!) to crafts and music. All in all, I loved the beach vibe and culture as you strolled up and down.
The location of countrycountry was great. It is right near Margaritaville, and although it was touristy (hey ,we were tourists too), we did see some decent live music there. Countrycountry is also near Norma's and not too far from Cosmo's which both had good food as well. The pattys on the beach and the fresh fruit made nice lunch snacks.
Also the staff was very nice. I liked Jeffrey from beach security..he chatted with everyone and introduced me to some jamaican fruits to try. Andre and Junior at the bar were both very nice. My boyfriend got burned and Andre brought us some aloe plant to cool it down. Lee from grounds was very kind and always remembers your name. Annette the maid was very sweet as well.
Oh and finally the ride to and from the airport. No problem mon! It is an hour and half away, and I have heard people complain about the sights but I don't get that.
I LOVED seeing the island, the towns, the people, driving along the coastal road, stopping with David from talk of the town for a red stripe and patty. It was a tour in itself, and David was an excellent guide.
I also miss the very cute tiny pet lizards and hummingbirds on the property. All in all, we enjoyed our stay on the beach more than our one night at rockhouse (but to each his own: ).I shall definitely return to countrycountry, we walked through a lot of hotels and it was my favorite on the beach! Ya mon!

P.s. photos coming soon -- we still use film, so no contest entry for me!
P.P. S. We booked through International vacation and had no problems with that either!

Menu changes daily

by choochy420 about Country Country

Country Country's restaurant sits on the sand, just steps away from the Caribbean. The hotel is made up of little guest houses or villas. I've never stayed @ the hotel but the grounds are beautiful and the dinners at the restaurant are delish!!
The restaurant sits on a wooden deck and has a bar and a small dining area. At night the tables are beautifully made up and the place takes on a romantic air.
Their menu is small and changes daily. For this reason we eat there a couple times a trip.
I had the best Coconut shrimp of my life there!!! Delicious fresh shrimp in fresh coconut, mmmm. My husband loves their Blue Mountain marinated beef.
Even if you are not staying at the hotel I would advise you to give them a try next time you're in Negril.
Also if there is a band at Margaritaville, you can see and hear the music from there without having to pay Jimmy Buffet's empire! My fave is the Coconut Shrimp because it is all fresh!!!!!!!!

Beware of this company!

by TripAdvisor Member Baxydog

Before you consider staying at this place, please consider this information:

My wife and I traveled to Jamaica in February. We stayed at Tensing Pen Resort in the cliffs February 11-14. We were scheduled to stay at Country Country on the beach February 14-16. We left Tensing Pen in the early afternoon and arrived at Country Country shortly thereafter. Upon arrival we spoke with the desk clerk, who said there was a problem with the booking. We had booked through a company known as International Vacations. She called the manager. He said that the hotel had inadvertently been overbooked. He blamed the problem on International Vacations. My wife was quite upset because she had called Country Country directly one week prior to confirm the booking and was assured by the staff of Country Country that we had a room.

As an attempted accomodation, the manager offered to allow us to stay in an apartment across the street from the hotel, along with a free meal during our stay. We agreed to look at the apartment before making our decision. We looked, but after seeing the location, did not want to stay. It was not on the beach and outside of the guarded area and did not feel safe. We walked back across the street and told them that we would be finding a room elsewhere. Not exactly what we wanted to be doing on our first day on the beach.

The manager apologized profusely and promised that we would have no problem getting a refund. He stated that he could not give it directly to us, but rather that it had to come from International Vacation. We accepted his explanation and went looking for a place to stay.

We found the Charela Inn just down the street and spent two nights there. When we got home, we recieved an American Express bill for a two (2) night stay at Country Country. We called American Express and protested. They investigated and were told by the people at Country Country that we had actually checked in and stayed. We recieved a copy of an email to this effect. After further investigation, Country Country changed their story and said that we had checked in, but left without explanation. I spent approximately three months fighting about the charge on my credit card. American Express finally agreed to eliminate the charge from my account, but actually paid International Vacation 1/2 of the total bill.

Country Country made completely false statements in the course of the investigation. International Vacation played dumb and would not go to bat for their customers. The companies actually stood by a story that my wife and I stayed there until we presented proof of our stay elsewhere. I was appalled to have been treated like that supposedly reputable companies. I would be extremely careful before chosing to risk your vacation time them.

Also, I walked through the hotel before we left. There are numerous places in Negril with better settings. Stay elsewhere.

Happy travels.

what a beautiful place

We arrived at Country Country on June 21.What a lovely little place, however if you are looking for a five star place then this is not for you.The staff were very nice especially the house keeper and the girls on reception.

The only problems was that there was no mesh over the slats so we didnt want to leave them open. When we did this for the first few days we were greeted by loads of mozzies and two baby lizards in the bathroom!

The sand in Negril is beautiful just like castor sugar. I have stayed in various resorts in Jamaica and I must say that Negril has one of the best beaches, however the higglers can really wear you down so we had to be very firm with them

Overall the hotel is perfect for a week or two and I would definately recommend this hotel

Loved the Tours

This was our first trip to jamaica and it certainly isnt the last. We visited tripAdvisor before and based on reviews, we made our decision. We stayed at the most beautiful cottage called Country Country and hooked up with Thriller Tours and we had the time of our life. Besides the comfortable air conditioned buses, the low rates and their level of professionalism, we also enjoyed their warm hospitality.

They took us to the Mayfield falls (fabulous), the Appleton estates, Rafting on the river, shopping and so many more exciting places.

If you want to make ur trip to jamaica a success, you should be sure to check in with Andy Ruddock.

in case you want to check out these guys, the number is 1-876-830-5600 or 1-876-364-1537. their email address is www.thrillertoursjamaica.com

Thank you Trip Advisor!

Charming cottages with attentive, personal service

by TripAdvisor Member jonesli

We stayed at country country June 6-12 and absolutely loved it. The facilities: Our cottage was steps from the beach and had a wide covered verandah with a table and chairs. The cottages are very well decorated and the grounds are beautiful. I had been a little nervous about the hotel because previous reviewers had said that it was "rustic": not so! The cottages are well appointed and clean with a mini-fridge, TV, hairdryer, safe, ceiling fan, and airconditioner. I could not have been more pleased with the looks or features of our cottage.

The staff: The staff is truly the best feature of Country Country. They go well above and beyond to ensure that every aspect of your vacation is perfect. They know your names and are always friendly and helpful. They will go out of their way to assist you with any request that you might have. Lee, the bellboy/groundskeeper, is especially fantastic. We wanted to try breadfruit on our vacation and Lee attempted to hunt some down for us on his day off (unfortunately to no avail, as it was out of season).

The Beach: The beach is a little small, but certainly large enough for their small number of guests- it was never crowded. The swimming area is wide and very nice. The security guard was attentive to ensure that beach higglers did not hassle us.

The Restaurant: Terrific food. I became hooked on their soups (pumpkin and pepperpot). Everything we tried was wonderful; their menu changes daily. Great coffee and fruit in the mornings. One day, we were in a hurry to rush ou for a tour, and the waitstaff graciously packed our breakfast into a basket so we could take it along. Very good coffee (Blue Mountain, of course) as well.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better vacation or a more perfect place to stay.

(If you happen to have extra room in your luggage, please bring books and school supplies- they are very much needed and will be appreciated more than you will ever know)

Lovely hotel beautiful thank you so much god bless

by TripAdvisor Member kathatmae

I went to Country Country to celebrate my 40th Birthday. I went with a friend of mine. We booked our holiday through Thomsons in London. Our tour rep Jackie was excellent. Thank you again Jackie and Thomsons you are the best.

The hotel was prefect. Breakfast was wonderful well served, staff at the restaurant was lovely. Thanks again and as they say in Jamaica, Big Up All Da Time.

The reception staff Alicia, and all the others at reception so sorry cannot remember all of your names were excellent. The manager was brilliant too. Thanks to all of you. God bless.

The ground staff Lee was good, thanks again Lee for your help and for fixing my suitcase. Also the rest of the ground staff excellent thank you. The housekeepers to all of you prefect is the word to describe you. Thank you.

I have stayed in many hotels all over the world some 5*** and of course some less. This hotel is simple. But one thing for sure you cannot beat the hospitality of the staff and in my opinion that makes a hotel number 1 for me.

The windows could do with some mesh on it because it was difficult to fight off mosquitoes. Country Country thought of everything. In the rooms mosquito plugs were provided which was change everyday. Thanks again that worked alot.

People might complain about the sellers on the beach. But we have to remember that they are there to make a living, plus some of them let you know what is happening in town for eg: they have signs to advertise food at a cheaper rate, entertainment in town etc. Plus if you are too lazy to get up you can buy ice cold drink, fruits etc right from the comfort of the beach. So they are there for a purpose.

In general I would reccomend this small, beautiful, friendly hotel to anyone who would like to holiday in Negril Jamaica..

Very Sweet

by TripAdvisor Member wiki

It's not a luxury accomodation but if you prefer to enjoy Jamaica outside of an all-inclusive sheltered setting, this place is great. The rooms are darling although no bells and whistles. Accomodations are simple and comfortable. The beach out front of the hotel is a bit small but there are lounge chairs and beach towels available and the bar is right there. Couldn't ask for much more. The restaurant is okay although I would suggest taking a long walk or cabbing it to Kuyaba for dinner while you're there. Also, if you'd like to enjoy a more luxurious beach and the amenities of an all-inclusive for a day or two while staying at Country, Country, I highly recommend purchasing a day pass for one of the all-inclusives. It's a great way to enjoy some watersports and an easy afternoon without being limited to an all-inclusive during your stay. We bought daypasses at Couples for about $75/each on a couple days. The food was great and we had a great times snorkeling and kayaking and all that. If you're looking for something sweet and simple, this is a great hotel.

Great place to relax

by TripAdvisor Member Iluvjamaicamon

Had a great time at this unique resort. The "rooms" consist of stand-alone or two story cabins spaced along a walkway with abundant tropical vegitation. All cabins have porches with tables and chairs, and they are a great place to relax in the shade. There's no pool but the beach is at most several feet from most cabins. A beachside bar and restaurant was convenient. My room included free breakfast (quite good) which kept me going until dinnertime. Service from the front office was excellent. Taddy, Lee, and Alecia were particularly helpful. Bar/Restaurant service OK. The cabins don't seal up tight, they have wooden louvered windows that you can close at night, but they do allow small insects to enter in the evening. But its not a big deal. Just put on some bug spray at night. Remember, you are living right on the beach, its a unique experience and well worth it. Speaking of the beach, it was typical Carribean- clean with nice sand and the water was clear and warm. If you've never seen anything other than the beach at Ocean City, you owe it to yourself to go to the Carribean. You won't see any green algae/kelp/medical waste washing ashore. Vendors walk along the beach and offer you things you may or may not want but they stay near the water and the security guard was vigilant and kept anyone from lingering. There's lots to do in the area and on this island. You're only limited by your budget. The Jamaican people are generally very friendly and talkative to the tourists and I enjoyed being around them. Overall, I highly recommend Country Country.

Great little place. Relaxing and surprisingly good for kids!

I stayed at this hotel with my family (kids 5 and 2) in May so I think I have an interesting perspective. It's not your typical place to stay with kids but that's what appealed to us. We wanted to relax, be comfortable in a spacious room and play with them on the beach and calm water. That's exactly what we got. The cottage was very pretty, spacious (5 yr old slept on large futon and 2 year old in crib), and had a beautiful wrap around deck where my husband and I relaxed and read a book after they went to bed or when the 2 year old was napping. Overall, a great deal for the money! We got the premium one which I think just means that you're closer to the beach. There was no bathtub but we made it work with the kids. The cottage was very clean and maid service was through and friendly. The fridge helped a lot. We kept snacks and drink in there. The staff was pretty efficient and as friendly as most jamaicans which means not very talkative or lively when interacting with tourists (although they seem to have lots to smile and laugh about among themselves). The food at the restaurant was suprisingly good. The breakfast was excellent and big. Lunch and dinner were great too with large portions. Prices were excellent for the area. Even though you can walk to many restaurants, we chose to eat most of our meals here because it was so good. The only other place with good food is Norma's. It was very good and walking distance from the hotel. They accommodated our daughters with 2 chairs stacked together to make a high chair, straws for their cups, shared meals, etc. Meals took a while, as they usually do in the Caribbean but we had a wonderful view and were literally ON the beach, so the kids could play on the beach until the food came or when they were done.
The beach here is small just because the property the hotel owns is very narrow. The place the chairs in this area but it doesn't feel croweded because there are never too many guests. On one side of the beach, there's a fence that goes almost into the water so you have to walk around it to enter the next hotel. The other side is open and you can walk for miles. There's a little shak bar with odd hours on this side. There's a nice vendor there that will braid hair and sell some nick nacks. She's nice and has reasonable prices. After that, there's a small condo property and then Margaritaville. We were worried about the noise at night but you could barely hear it. It was more audible during the day sometimes when the groups arrived and it didn't last that long.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for just about anyone. It is an excellent value for your money and very laid back.

Jean and her fish stallJean and her fish stall

Each Lobster Dinner includes two (2) lobstersEach Lobster Dinner includes two (2) lobsters

Rick's Cafe BayRick's Cafe Bay

Mountain Valley - JamaicaMountain Valley - Jamaica

Country Country

by stevee

Planning 4 days in Negril in early December. "Country Country" looks like a good spot from what I have read elsewhere. Any comments or room suggestions?

RE: Country Country

by Amanda_atl

Country Country is nice small "resort". I really like Tensing Pen but it all depends on what you want and your budget. Tensing Pen is on the cliffs. I also really like to stay on the beach. I have stayed many places but usually just go and bargain when I find a place that looks nice. I can't remember the last place I stayed... I will reply again when I remember.

RE: Country Country

by reeljoy

I am going to be there the second weekend of December. I am staying at Country Country based off of reviews that I have read. I was looking for a "jamaican" style atmosphere, not a typical hotel that can be anywhere. For this reason I I chose them over some of the others and the distance toe Sea Scape, where many pf my friends are staying. I will let you know when I get back if the reviews were accurate.

RE: RE: Country Country

by toemayn

Not much of a beach area there, away from the action we prefer areas further south along the beach. Check out the Yellow Bird or Merrill's

Country Country or Rainbow Tree?

by caslu

Planning my next trip to Jamaica and still trying to decide between Negril (very familiar) or Treasure Beach (not familiar at all). In any case, I was wondering if anyone had opinions on Country Country in Negril, or the Rainbow Tree Villas in Treasure Beach. Right now those are our leading contenders for lodging and any input would be welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Country Country or Rainbow Tree?

by templem

Hi Rick,
We're going to be at Country Country in 6 weeks, and chose it based on rave reviews on tripadvisor.com. You might want to post this question on the Negril Forum there. From what I understand, Treasure Beach and Negril are very differnet beaches, though both well-loved.
Good luck,
Temple

Best non-all inclusive places on 7-mile beach

by Olejacksta

I'm traveling to Negril in mid-May (while my wife goes on a 2-week group business trip to Italy), and have found 4 places on the beach that sound good. They are: CocolaPalm, Charela, Country Country, and Foote Prints. Can anyone make a recommendation about any of these?

I'm also considering on flying Timair from MB to Negril. Has anyone done this and, if so, how did it go?

Thanks,
Olejacksta

RE: Best non-all inclusive places on 7-mile beach

by YVRDave

I would guess the Hyatt. I'm not sure how many are even open again.

RE: Best non-all inclusive places on 7-mile beach

by toemayn

Check out the Yellowbird Seatel . If you drink alcoholic beverages a moderate AI might be a better deal. Merril's 2 is ok too.

Comments