4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Norman Manley Blvd., PO BOX 35, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Expedia.com CheapCaribbean Tingo.com

1934

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Beautiful place, but use the safe

My husband and I were married in August (bringing 36 guests to the resort) and truly had an amazing time! Everything was great with the exception that we had three couples, including us, that had items stolen from their corresponding rooms! My husband's grandparents had $300.00 stolen out of a wallet left in the room, another friend had a very blingy (but VERY fake) ring stolen, and my husband and I had $200.00 stolen. We reported the incidents and someone was suppose to speak with us, but we had to get on a shuttle to the airport before anything was discussed. There are safes in the rooms, which we regretfully did not use. Do not make the same mistake we did! It is a beautiful place, but do not be naive!!

• Ruined our Honeymoon

Arrived monday March 19th. Rooms not ready for "check-in" time.

had a pretty good first day, until March 21 when water was leaking in to bathroom from an area definately repaired properly before, had tape on ceiling. (have a great picture). Told front desk and they agreed we had to move to another room. only problem, there isn't 1 available for us because the empty rooms are waiting for guests that haven't arrived yet. Well, after dinner they found a room, we moved into it after packing up. The night manager called to ask how room was, I told her the closet sticks (have to lift up on door to slide) no biggie, but there is mold under the shelf above vanity, and in corner of wall (not mildew, FUZZY MOLD!!!, again, picture on my phone). I invited her down to see it, she declined to come to room. This was Wed night, well Thursday the mold wasn't cleaned, and we no realize the shower is COLD! Well, now by Friday the management knows again of mold and cold shower, not fixed. they give us 1/2 hr massages for the problems My wife gets a cleaning lady Friday to clean the mold (shows her where it is) except!!!!! Later that day (Friday) my wife is about to brush her teeth when asking me about bringing 2 toothbrushes? I said no, we had 3 on the shelf above sink and my wife was about to use (same color scheme blue/white) the brush that had the bleach on it! We called the mgr down to the room, this time she came, could only offer an apology, took the toothbrush with her, and said we'd talk to another manager in morning. He apologized as I'm going nuts in Lobby of resort, pulled us aside and offered us 150 dollars worth of crap from their giftshop, and wave the 57 dollars we've charged to our room! ARE YOU CRAZY? then says something about 2 nights in the future, no way, we still had cold showers and it's Saturday, the day before we leave. I told him I wanted to speak to someone higher than him (GM is on vacation) let's call the GM and ruin her vacation, mine is ruined right? They wouldn't call her. now noon on saturday he assures me the water is hot, at 1:30 pm the water was still cold, not until close to 5 o'clock was it warm. Well, spoke to another manager about now saying 3 days stay in the future, and I said minimum 4, asking again to call GM on her vacation, why should she have a good vacation while mine is bad at her resort? but now I think a complete do-over including airfare is appropriate. mold, bleach toothbrush set by ours (again, phone pic available) cold water for days? no acceptable at a 39.95 motel6 (no ofense motel6) yet alone a place we saved up fo over a year, got passports, arranged dog-sitting to over 4000 dollars to spend our 1 and only honeymoon!
    Stay away, don't go. and please as I write this and am writing travel agents, call them, email them, ask them about Peter Frehner from Milwaukee and my experience........ ask them if they will give you and your clients the same treatment. make noise please.

Unique Quality: nice beach, privacy good,
    most staff very friendly
    watersports included too,
    fair entertainment

• cleo's Profile Photo

Best adult only resort

We loved this all inclusive hotel. It is one of a group of 4 hotels which are only found in Jamaica. It attracts a wide variety of couples of all ages - from late teens/ early twenties to couples in their 70s. Mostly American but some Europeans as well. The food is amazing - enormous variety - a la carte, bbq, buffets.
    Drinks good and cold. Some categories of rooms also have mini bars included which have both alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Non motorised watersports included - hobie cats, kayaks, snorkelling, diving, catarmaran cruise.
    Entertainment is ok - many people get up early and go to bed earlyish. Staff are mostly very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: No tipping of staff allowed
    Couples run a message board which contains a lot of info re their hotels.-www,couples.com

• Best Romantic All-Inclusive

Great Food, Great Beach, Great Service. Going back again! (for the third time). Very Relaxing, as it is for Couples Only! Leave the Kiddies Back home with Grandma. Water Sports Galore if your so inclined. I Just Like to lay on the beach all day with a nice "Top Shelf " drink and Chill. Eat when you want ,where you want ,and as much or little as you want. Everything is included. Swimup Bar is a great place to meet other folks.

Unique Quality: 3 Restaurants
    4 Bars including (Swimup & Piano) Top Shelf Booze
    2 Pools
    200 Great rooms (not too big)
    4 Jacuzzi's
    Great Beach
    Private Nude Beach
    Close to Rick's Cafe for extra Fun!.

• Negril's Best

This was the second time we had been to Couples-Negril (CN). Most of our experience in both visits was similar -- great staff, fantastic food, the best beach and a total relaxing atmosphere. Eating most meals outside without the invasion of bugs was just wonderful. While there were opportunities to go outside the resort, we had no need -- activities, a wonderful beach, great food and constant drinks and attention makes one not want for much more. Service in the restaurants was absolutely FIRST CLASS from the food to the three waiters who would bring you all you needed.
    Rooms were clean and well taken care of. There was one issue with not getting enought hot water and water pressure, but it was resolved later in the day. Staying at a resort that had no persons under the age of 18 was great. Many women sunbathed topless (but this seemed to be the norm) and there is a nude area available which was well used by many. This was our first excursion outside the US. We were so fortunate that it was so GREAT! We couldn't recommend any place more highly!

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Fun, Sand, and Food

Couples Negril in 2002 was a brand new resort and it was beautiful. The pool had a swim up bar with stools which was so much fun to lounge at while playing in the pool. It was so much fun to sip a frozen strawberry daiquiri while lounging on my flotation device. You will find that the crowd seems to be a lot younger here and its not hard to join a game of beach volleyball. The rooms are much more colorful designed in brillant shades of avocodo green and rich tomato reds. We had a room that had a double door that led right out onto the beautiful white sand beach. The beach at this resort is so much nicer and cleaner. The sand is pure white with beautiful crystal clear water. There are many hammocks set up all over the beach for you to lounge in under a shady coconut tree. They have a brilliant seafood restaurant here as well. If you are brave and like showing your goods, there is a nude beach that is separate from the main beach. My husband and I had a view of it from our room (hee hee). Awesome resort.

More about Couples Negril

Couples Negril - Loved It!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Love-to-travelright

Just got back from Couples Negril and we absolutely loved it! The water was crystal clear and warm. Also Couples is situated in Bloody Bay which guards you from a lot of the wind and waves that 7 mile beach gets. It was perfect. We water skied, snorkeled and had plenty of good food and drink. I have been to some all inclusive places before and in comparison I thought this food was very good. All of the staff were very friendly and the service was great.Even the hour and half bus ride from the airport was fun. The roads are well paved and it was nice to see the Jamaican country side.The resort has a spa and my fiancé and I got a couples message. Talk about heaven. Those Jamaican women can give a great message! We loved it and would go back again and again!

An Amazing Vacation at Couples Negril

One word: Amazing. Couples is a great place to enjoy the beauty of Negril. If your number one priority is the beach--Couples is the place to stay. Set on a small bay with only a few other resorts, the waters are calm and clear. The beach at Couples is by far the best in the area. It is wide and has plenty shade areas for those seeking to sit on a lounger and read and/or drink the day away. The resort itself is also Amazing. Our group found the food to be impressive overall, and in some cases, exceptional. Be sure to make reservations at the "reservations only" restaraunt as soon as you arrive or you may not get to dine there during your stay. For your other meals, the buffet style large restaraunt for both lunch and dinner are wonderful. The only bad experience: stay away from the beach bar restaraunt at night. The service is poor (bordering on rude) and the food is worse. All of the bars, however, are great. The bartenders were friendly and knowledgable though sometimes the bars were insufficiently staffed. The watersports are also a great benefit. Be sure to take an early kayak ride out to the island. It is a haul, but if you are in decent shape, its a nice morning workout in a fantastic setting. The snorkeling trips were also great. Finally, do not miss the Sunset Catamaran Cruise and the Cliff Jumping-which is an Amazing experience. As for the rooms, they are perfectly acceptable. And while the rooms were not as nice as we've seen, if your priorities are beach, pool, food & drink, and generally friendly service, you should consider Couples Negril for your vacation.

Two for the Price of One

by neurochic about Couples Ochos Rios and Negril

Couples Resort is an all-inclusive resort which as its name implies caters to couples. No kids allowed here which is nice when you are on your honeymoon, not to have to hear a baby crying at the next table at dinner when you are trying to have a romantic moment. If you go to the couples resort website they have a deal where you can arrange a week or 2 week stay spending half of your time in their resort in Ochos Rios and the other half in their newer resort in Negril. It was nice to have the option to see both but if I had to choose one, I would go with the Couples Negril resort. The beach is nicer there and the atmosphere is more hip and the facilities are much newer. We enjoyed our stay here much more. In their resort they have a swim up pool bar, nude beach with rooms right off of the beach. The Ochos Rios Resort is older but very classic with alot of mahogany wood all over the resort and the sense of Old World Jamaica. There they have a ferry which you can take out to sunbathe on a nude island which is mostly filled with crazy nude middle aged men and women drunk off their tushes. Because this is an all-inclusive resort, the drinks flow free here so you will come across a lot of drunk people. The food at the restaurants is quite good specializing mostly in seafood and Jamaican fare. There is a fancy French Restaurant at the Ochos Rios resort but make your reservations quite early when you arrive because the reservations fill up quickly. It comes complete with its own serenader who comes to each table with his acustic guitar singing ballads like "Sweet Caroline" and "Love Me Tender" complete with a Jamaican accent, it was awesome. Also the resort has many excursions that you can book, but like the restaurant these also fill up quickly so arrange them as soon as you arrive to guarantee the best times. You can even take an excursion to nearby Cuba which us Americans aren't allowed to do from the States. A nice place to stay if you want no hassles and just want to relax in Jamaica.

Our Eighth time and I still cry when we leave!

by TripAdvisor Member CasperBurger

We can't find a better place to enjoy a beautiful beach, great food, great atmosphere, people who remember us (and call us by name), great service, great water sports, fine accomodations (try the suites), all in a fantastic country. We've been all over the world, but when you need a few days down, Jamaica is the country, and Couples Negril is the resort!

Relax....Your in Heaven!

Our first trip to Couples Negril was for only 4 days. And boy did we make a mistake! Never again will I subject myself to such fun, food, drink and relaxation for such a short time. This May will be our 3rd consecutive 10 day vacation and our 2nd wedding anniversary, all of which took place at Couples Negril! Side trips to Ricks cafe are a blast as is the catamaran cruise to dive off the cliffs and have a Red Stripe at the Pickeled Parrot. Both trips are part of the all inclusive deal. Another trip to the golf coarse where greensfees are included and its definately time to hit the lounge chairs on the beach or go float in the super calm ocean! If the ocean isnt your thing you can always take to the swimup bar at the pool. Everyone takes really good care of you. My wife is a vegetarian and I am generally a picky eater. Neither one of us EVER had a problem finding enough food. Great in both quality and quantity!! By far the worst thing about Couples is LEAVING! CANT WAIT TILL MAY! Every ting gonna be alright mon!!

Looking towards Couples NegrilLooking towards Couples Negril

Negril JamaicaNegril Jamaica

negril, jamaicanegril, jamaica

Negril - JamaicaNegril - Jamaica

by erica&kyle

Hi
I am trying to decide on a honeymoon spot for June and have been looking into Couples Negril. What is it like? Is it really as nice as it is in the pictures? How is it after Ivan? Whats the food like? Do you feel safe on the resort and beaches? Friends have been trying to talk me into looking into Mexico? Any suggestions would help.

Re: Couples Negril

by Anita_Porec

nooooo, forget Mexico!
(not that Mexico isn't gorgeous....)

BUt Negril is amazing. I went down there a few times this teay on business (after IVAN) and found that most resort's are untouched. The beach is one of the best in the caribbean , you will love it!
Couple Negril is very romantic, and you will enjoy it for sure. As far as Negril, don't worry about it - it is the best and far the nices part of Jamaica.

Enjoy!

RE: Couples Negril

by MOLisa

I'm going to Couples Negril in June to get married. We will spend 6 nights at Couples Negril & 6 nights at Couples Swept Away. You should check out the Couples message board on the Couples Web site. You will learn everything you want to know about Couples.

What part of June will you be going? We will be there from the 3rd. till the 15th.

Lisa