Couples Negril

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Spa and Resort Beaches
See Amenities

Beautiful place, but use the safe

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 14, 2012

My husband and I were married in August (bringing 36 guests to the resort) and truly had an amazing time! Everything was great with the exception that we had three couples, including us, that had items stolen from their corresponding rooms! My husband's grandparents had $300.00 stolen out of a wallet left in the room, another friend had a very blingy (but VERY fake) ring stolen, and my husband and I had $200.00 stolen. We reported the incidents and someone was suppose to speak with us, but we had to get on a shuttle to the airport before anything was discussed. There are safes in the rooms, which we regretfully did not use. Do not make the same mistake we did! It is a beautiful place, but do not be naive!!

Ruined our Honeymoon

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2012

Arrived monday March 19th. Rooms not ready for "check-in" time.

had a pretty good first day, until March 21 when water was leaking in to bathroom from an area definately repaired properly before, had tape on ceiling. (have a great picture). Told front desk and they agreed we had to move to another room. only problem, there isn't 1 available for us because the empty rooms are waiting for guests that haven't arrived yet. Well, after dinner they found a room, we moved into it after packing up. The night manager called to ask how room was, I told her the closet sticks (have to lift up on door to slide) no biggie, but there is mold under the shelf above vanity, and in corner of wall (not mildew, FUZZY MOLD!!!, again, picture on my phone). I invited her down to see it, she declined to come to room. This was Wed night, well Thursday the mold wasn't cleaned, and we no realize the shower is COLD! Well, now by Friday the management knows again of mold and cold shower, not fixed. they give us 1/2 hr massages for the problems My wife gets a cleaning lady Friday to clean the mold (shows her where it is) except!!!!! Later that day (Friday) my wife is about to brush her teeth when asking me about bringing 2 toothbrushes? I said no, we had 3 on the shelf above sink and my wife was about to use (same color scheme blue/white) the brush that had the bleach on it! We called the mgr down to the room, this time she came, could only offer an apology, took the toothbrush with her, and said we'd talk to another manager in morning. He apologized as I'm going nuts in Lobby of resort, pulled us aside and offered us 150 dollars worth of crap from their giftshop, and wave the 57 dollars we've charged to our room! ARE YOU CRAZY? then says something about 2 nights in the future, no way, we still had cold showers and it's Saturday, the day before we leave. I told him I wanted to speak to someone higher than him (GM is on vacation) let's call the GM and ruin her vacation, mine is ruined right? They wouldn't call her. now noon on saturday he assures me the water is hot, at 1:30 pm the water was still cold, not until close to 5 o'clock was it warm. Well, spoke to another manager about now saying 3 days stay in the future, and I said minimum 4, asking again to call GM on her vacation, why should she have a good vacation while mine is bad at her resort? but now I think a complete do-over including airfare is appropriate. mold, bleach toothbrush set by ours (again, phone pic available) cold water for days? no acceptable at a 39.95 motel6 (no ofense motel6) yet alone a place we saved up fo over a year, got passports, arranged dog-sitting to over 4000 dollars to spend our 1 and only honeymoon!
Stay away, don't go. and please as I write this and am writing travel agents, call them, email them, ask them about Peter Frehner from Milwaukee and my experience........ ask them if they will give you and your clients the same treatment. make noise please.

Unique Quality: nice beach, privacy good,
most staff very friendly
watersports included too,
fair entertainment

cleo's Profile Photo

Best adult only resort

by written on July 15, 2006

We loved this all inclusive hotel. It is one of a group of 4 hotels which are only found in Jamaica. It attracts a wide variety of couples of all ages - from late teens/ early twenties to couples in their 70s. Mostly American but some Europeans as well. The food is amazing - enormous variety - a la carte, bbq, buffets.
Drinks good and cold. Some categories of rooms also have mini bars included which have both alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Non motorised watersports included - hobie cats, kayaks, snorkelling, diving, catarmaran cruise.
Entertainment is ok - many people get up early and go to bed earlyish. Staff are mostly very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: No tipping of staff allowed
Couples run a message board which contains a lot of info re their hotels.-www,couples.com

Best Romantic All-Inclusive

by written on January 2, 2006

Great Food, Great Beach, Great Service. Going back again! (for the third time). Very Relaxing, as it is for Couples Only! Leave the Kiddies Back home with Grandma. Water Sports Galore if your so inclined. I Just Like to lay on the beach all day with a nice "Top Shelf " drink and Chill. Eat when you want ,where you want ,and as much or little as you want. Everything is included. Swimup Bar is a great place to meet other folks.

Unique Quality: 3 Restaurants
4 Bars including (Swimup & Piano) Top Shelf Booze
2 Pools
200 Great rooms (not too big)
4 Jacuzzi's
Great Beach
Private Nude Beach
Close to Rick's Cafe for extra Fun!.

Negril's Best

by written on January 1, 2006

This was the second time we had been to Couples-Negril (CN). Most of our experience in both visits was similar -- great staff, fantastic food, the best beach and a total relaxing atmosphere. Eating most meals outside without the invasion of bugs was just wonderful. While there were opportunities to go outside the resort, we had no need -- activities, a wonderful beach, great food and constant drinks and attention makes one not want for much more. Service in the restaurants was absolutely FIRST CLASS from the food to the three waiters who would bring you all you needed.
Rooms were clean and well taken care of. There was one issue with not getting enought hot water and water pressure, but it was resolved later in the day. Staying at a resort that had no persons under the age of 18 was great. Many women sunbathed topless (but this seemed to be the norm) and there is a nude area available which was well used by many. This was our first excursion outside the US. We were so fortunate that it was so GREAT! We couldn't recommend any place more highly!

neurochic's Profile Photo

Fun, Sand, and Food

by written on November 21, 2005

Couples Negril in 2002 was a brand new resort and it was beautiful. The pool had a swim up bar with stools which was so much fun to lounge at while playing in the pool. It was so much fun to sip a frozen strawberry daiquiri while lounging on my flotation device. You will find that the crowd seems to be a lot younger here and its not hard to join a game of beach volleyball. The rooms are much more colorful designed in brillant shades of avocodo green and rich tomato reds. We had a room that had a double door that led right out onto the beautiful white sand beach. The beach at this resort is so much nicer and cleaner. The sand is pure white with beautiful crystal clear water. There are many hammocks set up all over the beach for you to lounge in under a shady coconut tree. They have a brilliant seafood restaurant here as well. If you are brave and like showing your goods, there is a nude beach that is separate from the main beach. My husband and I had a view of it from our room (hee hee). Awesome resort.

Nearby Couples Negril

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Negril Travel Forum

Need advice about Negril, Jamaica? Visit the Travel Forum for Negril and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Negril hotel reviews