Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Norman Manley Blvd, (formerly Negril Gardens Beach Resort), Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Good For No Data
  • The Time Of Our Lives!

My friends recommended I stay at Alfred's because I am deeply involved in reggae music and the JA culture. It is not a fancy all inclusive, it's very REAL. We had the time of our lives. This place IS NOT FOR EVERYONE, my travel agent wouldn't even book it for me. There is no air conditioning. Rooms were $40, $50 if you wanted a private bathroom. The parties there at night are about half Jamaicans and half tourists. If this doesn't sound appealing to you don't go there. But THEM THAT FEELS IT KNOWS IT! ya mon!

Unique Quality: Very, very simple. Very nice people. Very good parties!

• 2giants's Profile Photo

Best kept secret

Nothing fancy - but you can't get any closer to the beach. Alfred's is clean, safe and very reasonable. Live music a couple of nights a week, and a lot of locals also enjoy the bar and music. Great restaurant and bar attached.

Unique Quality: Step out of your room, and your feet are in the sand. Right in the middle of the seven mile beach.

More about Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Loved Negril Gardens Beach Resort

by TripAdvisor Member liteskinned1076

I have just returned from Negril Gardens and had a fabulous time. The staff was polite and great especially David, Garth and Tony. The rooms are kept clean and neat. I have been back home for 5 days and I am getting ready to book my next vacation for October. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the beach is breathtaking. The buffet is absoulutely delicious and you have numerous choices. This was my second trip to Jamaica this year and I stayed at Breezes Montego Bay and they are supposed to be a luxury hotel but they do not compare to Negril Gardens. I would like to say thank you to the staff of Negril Gardens for allowing me to have a great vacation.

great location

For a warm, friendly atmosphere try Negril Gardens. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The buffets were fresh and offered a wide variety of entrees. The resort is located near several Reggae Clubs so entertainment is not a problem. The international guests provided a diverse cultural atmosphere. The only problem was a very noisy air conditioner.

relaxing place to vacation!!!

We were at Negril Gardens for 5 days, we had a very relaxing time.Do take bug spray for the sand fleas at night on the beach.The hotel was clean and food was excellant,drinks were even better!!Thanks go to Nadeen, Garth and Richard for the special drinks.The resort does need more water activities for people to do,hobie cats,etc.The water was beautiful and clean,be sure and snorkle out at the end of the swimming area.Too bad the locals can't leave the people at the resort alone though, we were bugged to death.Be sure and catch the music at Alfreds,it was great.Enjoy!!!!!

Great fun for all!

Can't say enough good things about Negril Gardens in Jamaica! Lots of fun stuff to do (kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, swimming), a beautiful beach, friendly staff (one climbed to the top of a mango-tree to get my girl-friend a ripe mango after she was marveling over a real, live mango tree!), open bar with a wide range of drinks (ask for the list), and delicious food (my dad couldn't fit into his "dress pants" after coming back from a 4 day holiday retreat!).There was an enormous craft market only a mile down the road, and be prepared to part with your money when you see the quality and variety of items for sale! :-) Don't plan on buying gifts at the airport, as there is about a 1000% mark-up fee. Much better to get them straight from the locals! Locals are friendly, walking in mixed groups is advised to keep hassles to a minimum (as my three offers for "massages" from various attractive female locals when I took my one and only solo walk will attest to), just as on any carribean island. The security guard at negril gardins is attentive, responsive, and keeps away any/all undesired elements. The rooms were clean, the AC cold when needed, staff very friendly, especially Kanut (sp?), who tends the gardens on the "garden" side of the resort. Bartenders/staff appreciate occasional tips, as they do anywhere else in the world.I would recommend this trip to anyone who enjoys experiencing a different culture, while surrounded by paradise!

Nice Getaway!

I went to Negril Gardens with my wife for 1 week. This was our 1st trip to Jamaica. Service in general is slow. This has more to do with the culture so be prepared for this.

Our room was functional. Clean and basic in appearance. A/C, cable TV(not great reception) etc. You may wish to instruct your maid as to what time you would like your room cleaned, as it can take them until 4pm. The Garden side of the resort(where we stayed) is on the opposite side of the beach and food. The pool is on this side. Crossing the road is a bit of a pain, but we prefered it as it is more quiet on this side. There is no pool bar, but the life guard will go to the bar for you. This was fine with us. Beach and water are very clean. The food was fantastic! Plenty of variety, and lot's to eat. Waiters/waitresses slow, but this is normal. You get used to it. In general the staff was friendly. Tip the bartender on your 1st day and you will get served ahead of everyone. Very safe as long as you stick to the resort. There are many locals who will approach you if you leave the resort. They are generally friendly... Plenty of activities off the resort, but bring lots of money for them. Rick's cafe is a must see. Small size of the resort allows you to socialize with other vacationers. We met many excellent people from around the world. Before you make a judgement on this resort, give yourself 48 hrs Overall a nice time! Great for couples looking for a quiet inexpensive holiday. I would go back.

dream come true

For mothers day with my mom i couldnt have asked for a better, safer place for two women to go to. Mom has been to Jamaica 4 times this was my 1st. I loved it, from Aldeen the bartender to Joseph the waiter to Ryan the lifeguard, and the wonderful new lady who braided my hair, and Winston our cab driver. we met so many wonderful people, and with all the troubles at home and work, i was able to forget about them for a short time.there is nothing better than being on the sandy white beach at 7 in the morning, or parasailing along the coast. Snorkeling can really get you moving, and kayaking was just stimulating.All the staff was wonderful when my mom got quite sick, and they helped so much. I would love to go back again, and you should all go to.

Sandfleas Bad

Sand fleas tore me up.but that is the only bad thing i can say. Bartenders did a great job garth aldeen garth andrew Beach was awsome devon on the beach took care of our water sports for us. great place for price. Had fun and meet people from all over the world

More activities needed

My room was always clean except for a spider in the bathroom, the food was ok, and the drinks were GREAT. The beach was great, I just wish I did not have to pay extra for snorkeling, Parasailing ...etc Tours are expensive, be careful not to get taken by locals Jamaicans (I wish they stop hustling Tourists for money from massage or braiding to Pot ...) The staff was very helpful, more beach activity needed during the day. If you go, take bug spray with you otherwise the mosquitoes will have a feast on you. Surrounding resorts and hotels looked shanty and unsafe. Not for singles, make sure to go as a couple or a group you will have more fun. Try the new Riu resort, it just opened: ...

Negril - Resorts

by jorgegomes

Dear all,
I'm intending to spend 10 days on march in Negril. we are in the phase of choosing a resort, but it will be our first time there and we don't have a clue. We'd love to stay in a Resort right on the beach, with rates less that 200USD per room, in a non-overcrowded area, preferentially with bungallows.
any hint will be appreciated.
Cheers
Jorge

Re: Negril - Resorts

by toemayn

Check out the Riu Negril or Riu Tropical Bay of the two I prefer the Riu Negril. If you want to be on the 7 mile beach check out The Yellow Bird or Merril's. http://www.merrilsbeachresorts.com/index.html, http://www.theyellowbird.com/ , http://www.riu.com/en/negril-jamaica.html

Comments