Home Sweet Home Seaside Resort

Home Sweet Home Resort
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

More about Home Sweet Home Seaside Resort

New&fancy hostel!

by amelalala about Hostel "Horatio"

Nice and clean place, feels like home... completely furnished, nice people! Just great!!!
I would recommend it to everyone! It's close to main old street Bascarsija, which is the heart of Sarajevo!

Caribbean's best kept secret

by merlin58 about there are many

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! Before you commit to anything, go see www.a-secret-to-share.com. It’s a remarkable site with no frills, no glitter and no hype. Just the best deals on the web, guaranteed. I found them a couple of years ago and use them for everything. I love this site!
If you have a quote from another location, let them know and any one of their people will beat it. Pretty nice deal since I always have a ‘travel budget’ that I like to stick to. I figure the more I save, the more shopping I can do when I get there! Who doesn’t like the sound of that? (And, it makes my husband very happy when he does the ‘total trip tally’ after we’ve gotten home.)

great food

by tonygunter about Golf View Hotel

Motel leaves something to be desired for the average US traveler, but very nice friendly home atmosphere. Rooms need updating. worst complaint: variations in water temperature from icy cold to scalding hot. In spite of this, the food and service were absolutely great!
We chose this for the third year to Mandeville to work on a mission trip. We were not looking for five star hotel. We didn't get it. Clean. Felt secure even though not in best neighborhood in town. Great food. This Hotel used very much for local special events.

We stayed on the ship but...

by rossandkelli

We stayed on the ship but friends stayed at the Silver Sands. They said it was incredible! It is not a hotel, it's more like a community of single homes. Many locals live there but they also have rentals. They stayed at 'The Orchid House', 3 BR, private waterfall pool, dining gazebo, cooks, maid, driver and a few others. It cost them 750 per couple (three couples) for the week plus food and drinks. They paid $120 per person for food and drinks, they basically tell the cooks what they want for breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails and they go to the store, buy it, cook it and make all the drinks. They did their laundry, ironed for them and everything. They drank a lot of alcohol and ate lobster, shrimp, chicken etc. for the entire week! They said it was perfect (they were there for a wedding).

The website is www.silver-sands.com and The Orchid House is the one they stated in. The walk to the beach was 5 minutes. They also had a driver who they asked to take them to places not touristy and he took them to his home and showed them where he grew up and where his family lived. He then took them on a hike down a very steep mountain and at the bottom was a huge waterfall...it was heaven!

Oh, it is suggested that you tip 15-20% what you paid for the room so per couple they tipped 15-20% of the room total which was $750.

MY HOME !!!

by J.Pablo

WELL, WHAT CAN I SAY, I BORNED ON AUGUST '82, IN GUATEMALA. I WAS ALMOS IN EVERY WHERE, MAYAN RUINS, RAINFORESTS, ATLANTIC AND PACIFIC OCEANS. MY COUNTRY IS JUST WONDERFUL, I LOVE MY PEOPLE (HUMBLE ONES) LOVE THE LANDSCAPES, THE MOUNTAINS. THERE IS IN MY PLANS TO WORK THERE, I'LL BE A BIOLOGIST.

IN GUATEMALA ARE 32 (OR MORE) VOLCANOS...

Jamaican homeJamaican home

Vincent going homeVincent going home

The long walk homeThe long walk home

The long cycle homeThe long cycle home

Potential vacation/retirement home-near/ distant future

by mrsdeano

Hi! Does anyone have an ALL-TIME favorite Caribbean or Central American country to buy a home in? We are somewhat adventurous and hate Florida. We would love to visit and maybe retire there. I know, I know a big question. Just starting my research. We love Mexico, Costa Rico and Virgin Gorda. Not so fond of Grand Cayman or Jamaica.
Thanks.

RE: Potential vacation/retirement home-near/ distant future

by vandude666

Check out the Dominican Republic.

A Month in Central America-Where should my home base be?

by Miri777

I am planning to spend 1 Month in Central America in the Caribbean in February. Where should I land? I am looking for a place that is reasonably central so I can get around to a few other places while I am there, that is reasonably priced so I do not break the bank, that is easily accessable so I can find a flight there for a good price, that has a friendly atmosphere so I can meet other travelers, and that is on or near a beach cause I love the beach!

Thanks

RE: A Month in Central America-Where should my home base be?

by catalysta

Not sure about mianland Central America, but I do know that Puerto Rico is used as a flight connection point by many airlines that serve the Caribbean islands. It's much more economical than a lot of the other islands, and has some lovely beaches.

Here's a link for you to see lots of the tips VTers have written about things to do on PR:

Phoning Home while in Grand Caymans

by dbookstein

I will be in the Grand Caymans for a week. What is the best way (most economical) to phone the U.S? I assume my Verizon cell phone will not work. Thanks.

Comments