Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Caribbean

Booking.com Travelocity eDreams

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

3 resorts in 1!

Merrils has 3 beach resorts close together on the famous 7 mile Negril Beach...I, II, and III.
    Looking at the website, I believe they go up in quality from I to III, III having jacuzzi suites and the like as a possible choice. Some deals include all meals at their restaurants---beach activites, and transfers from Mobay airport so check the website for the latest info---
    Central location on the beautiful white beach, but make sure and visit the Cliff area past the roundabout to experience Negril in a totally different way!
    starting at $89--$108 off season
    $100--$134 high season

Unique Quality: Beach or garden view rooms, pools

Directions: on the beach

More about Negril

Come for meet! I'll buy the drinks!  :-)Come for meet! I'll buy the drinks! :-)

Sips and BitesSips and Bites

lighthouselighthouse

Tony from NegrilTony from Negril

Vacationing in Negril

by wallacek69

I will be vacationing in Negril Jamaica arriving on the 27th of DEC. I am an avid N.O. Saints fan and would like to know if Monday Night Football airs in Negril.

Re: Vacationing in Negril

by Odinnthor

No worries. As long as they have satellite they will have access to the game. You may have to ask for it, as they are likely tuned into British futbol, but they should and would be happy go open a screen for you. Go Saints!

Re: Vacationing in Negril

by Odinnthor

Well, game s over. Good game too! Didyaseeit!!??

Travel Tips for Negril

Negril town

by toonsarah

The town centre in Negril isn’t much to look at and there are no real sights, but you’re bound to find yourself here sooner or later, unless you really are determined not to leave for one moment the perceived safety of your all-inclusive! This is the place to come if you want to top up your funds from an ATM, change travellers’ cheques, buy stamps, shop for souvenirs or more basic necessities etc.

In truth, the centre of town is little more than a roundabout, with three roads leaving from it. One, Norman Manley Boulevard, heads north to follow the beach the length of the bay, lined with resorts, smaller hotels, restaurants and bars. Another, West End Road, heads west and south towards the cliffs where we were staying. And the third, Sheffield Road, heads inland through the parts of town where most of the locals live.

For cash, we found the ATM at the Scotia Bank to be reliable, although you’ll need to queue for the one machine that accepts foreign cards and supplies US$ in return. But even standing in the queue is a good people-watching experience as the machine is in front of the bank with a view of the busy roundabout. Nearby, at the start of West End Road, is the post office, and just before this is a small unpretentious bar, Seaview, where we enjoyed a cold beer and more people watching one morning after our errands were complete. Photo 4 was taken near here - the signs made us smile :)

Going the other way from the roundabout, towards the beach, you will almost immediately cross the South Negril River which we found to be a great spot for photos. Another good photo opportunity was our meeting with Leon, the drum-maker who has a shack near the start of Sheffield Road. Although we had no intention of buying a drum he was happy to chat to us and explain how they are made, as well as to pose for photos as you can see.

There are also quite a few souvenir shops in the several shopping plazas near the roundabout. Most sell very similar things (tax-deductible according to the signs, though we didn’t investigate) but we found one small gallery with more interesting items – see my separate shopping tip. We also bought a few postcards in one of the souvenir shops, and amused ourselves with one of our favourite holiday pastimes – spotting the most kitsch or ugliest knick-knack!

Que me pongo?????????????

by balieyes

if you are planning a trip to negril you should pack as light as possible. the weather is mild enough to leave your warm clothes at home, even in winter. you should only pack a couple of pants, a couple of shorts, some t-shirts, a shirt, a sweater, your swimming costume, your sunglasses, a beach towel and lots of sun lotion. if you are staying in an upscale hotel you should also bring casual evening wear

Local food

by krisfromthevalley

Most miss out on the Jamaican Jerk chicken and end up getting some high priced meal from a restaurant, when all they need to do is a pay a couple bucks over at the local eatery...where all the Jamaicans are at. Ask someone where the best jerk is...probably not on the water front..but on the main road.

Did Henry Morgan eat here???

by toonsarah about Pirates’ Cave Restaurant

This is another of the West End’s cliff-top restaurants, and another good choice. It’s quite small – just a collection of tables grouped around the bar in the open air, with the sea immediately below. Apparently there’s a nearby cave that was said to be the haunt of pirates, including Henry Morgan – hence the restaurant’s name. The speciality here is lobster, at quite reasonable prices, so I followed my starter of red snapper fish fingers with an excellent lobster thermidor. Meanwhile Chris had conch fritters to start, followed by jerk chicken. Washed down with a Red Stripe each the bill came to US$67, my lobster having pushed it up a bit. Service was friendly, if informal.

Snorkeling

by j_speakes

The best thing I did in Jamaica was a snorkel trip. It was a day trip on a catamaran that took us out to a great reef for snorkeling. The trip included lunch (at a stop on a local beach) and drinks while on board. The trip back was great, we even saw a dolphin swimming next to us!
Most trip packages will offer these kind of trips or you can find out more at your hotel.

Comments