2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 67% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Top 5 Beach resort

Ocean view suites at this classic Negril Beach hotel are only $200 during the off season, my favorite time to go to Negril. I have not stayed here, but have seen the rooms, and they are very nice air conditioned rooms with all the comforts of home. Gail Jackson runs Tree House and does an amazing job pleasing visitors to the 7-mile beach. I have eaten here many times and the food is delicious, as well as affordable. The back part of the beach is tree shaded with tables where you can relax in the shade during the hot, middle of the day. This is a great non-all-inclusive spot for those who want to explore different restaurants (there are tons close by!) and save a little $$$$.

Unique Quality: Beach front, friendly staff, access to anywhere in Negril

• choochy420's Profile Photo

Best Hotel on the Beach

I would recommend Negril Tree House to anyone wanting an affordable relaxing beach vacation. The Treehouse is located directly on Negril's 7 Mile Beach, only steps from the Caribbean Sea. The facilities include a beach bar on the water, a pool, hot tub and full service restaurant. A full buffet breakfast is included with the room rate, IMO this is one of the best features. The buffet has an omlet station, fresh fruits, breads and pastries as well as hot Jamaican specialties. I look forward to waking up and going to breakfast everday while I am there. At lunchtime don't pass up the Jerk BBQ it's awesome and cooked fresh to order while you watch!! Another reason we keep going back is the friendly and helpful staff, from the cleaning staff to the guards, everyone is soo nice and accomodating! I look forward to visiting with them soo much it is like going home to family.
    The rooms are always clean and well kept. The grounds are immaculate and lush with beautiful tropical flowers.
    I honestly can't say enough good things to do it justice...Once you know You Go!

Unique Quality: The most outstanding qualities IMO are: the staff, the breakast and location on 7Mile beach.

• sallysuewho's Profile Photo

For a taste of Negril

Located on the Caribbean. Clean accomodations, helpful and courteous staff. Bar on the beach, so you can have drinks all day and then get up to have Jerk Chicken and beans for lunch on the beach too. The coolest thing I thought was late one night we were down at the bar on the beach with this dude we had met from Swenden and the bartender decides he is ready to go home. So he pulls us 9 beers out and puts them in the cooler and then tells us to put the money in the jar and lock up the cooler and bar door when we leave. Only in Jamaica!

Unique Quality: Local people are allowed to walk up the beach. The pool and hot tub where great late at night.

Directions: Past Sandals

More about Negril Tree House Resort

LOVE THIS PLACE

First let me say this place is very under rated. I just love this place if your looking to kick back and just relax this is the place. Great breakfast, I can't speak for dinner. If your looking for great jamaican dishes then go by 3 dives. Negril Tree House is just wonderful clean rooms nice staff. Ive stayed at some of the other so called top resorts but none can compare to the true jamaican feelings at the Tree House! I will be returning next year.

One step to Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member laguna68

Negril Treehouse is a wonderful resort. I stayed there from 2/28 to 3/4 and wished I could extend my visit. When I arrived someone helped me to my room no questions asked. The room was adequately furnished and I enjoyed taking long showers. The breakfasts were very good and the service was impeccable. Most of the time was spent at the bar. I like the way the bar is set up i.e. like a carousal. You can actually sit and eat and the water is two feet away from you. I felt like I was on a boat with the water being so close but without the up and down motion. The bartenders (forgot names) serve excellent drinks and made sure I had my refills promptly. While I was there I had a pedicure done and learned alot about toenails. The tour desk people were very helpful and though I traveled alone they were willing to take me anywhere with a negotiated price. I felt very safe at night while relaxing on the beach. I tipped very often because the staff worked very hard to ensure I was satisfied. Overall, I would definitely stay at Treehouse during my next visit to Jamaica.

True Jamaican Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member OneLoveJamaica

The Treehouse is Jamaican owned and operated from the eggs to the owners. It's not a plush AI but you get an awesome full buffet style breakfast until 11 a.m. The staff is wonderful. This was our 3rd visit and have met people who have been there for the past 20 plus years. Nothing fancy but comfortable, quiet and very friendly. Nice atmosphere. Close enough to everything but far away enough should you not want to be bothered. I highly recommend it.

Great place to stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jvlady

This was our second trip to Jamaica, and first time in Negril. I booked the Treehouse based on TripAdvisor & a Peace Corps volunteer who lived there & was very pleased. It was clean, on the most beautiful beach, and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. People were friendly - when I informed the desk our AC wasn't working, they got right on it and it was fixed immediately.
We had no problems walking the beach at night - felt very safe. Yes, the vendors are a bit pushy, but if you're firm with them they leave you alone. This is their country & their way of making a living.
It was an awesome vacation that was over way too quickly!

The Best

by TripAdvisor Member mousey-13

Upon arriving at the Treehouse was ideally located on Negril Seven Mile Beach, the staff was wonderful and attentive. If you're on a budget it is the place to go , the hotel was clean and comfortable.

Come to Jamaica and you'll feel more than alright

by sallysuewho

"Hangin out in Negril"

When planning a trip to Negril, at all costs avoid staying anywhere, with "compond" in the description. If you are going to travel all the way there, stay some place where you can interact with the local people. They are so wonderful.

Our choice was the Negril Tree House. Comfortable accomodations and a wonderful staff. The local people strolled up and down the beach trying to sell us everything under the sun (from lobster on a stick, braids in your hair, a song or dance, to a selection of illegal drugs that would have made Scarface very happy). At times they can be bothersome, but with the cool drink I had in my hand and the killer view, it never bothered me to much. They were a very happy go lucky, but underneath you could feel a since of desperation.

We walked up the beach one night to a local nightspot and met people willing to do anything to come to the US. While Red Stripes and Tings were served to blaring dance music, One fellow, a teenager I suppose, stopped us and recited the capital to every state in the US. A feat that I am not sure I can do. Another young and very handsome Jamaican fellow gave me his necklace and his address, begging me to send him a plane ticket. He promised he would work at our home to pay off the ticket.

Then there was Marcy and George. They stolled up and down the beach singing songs, and were taken off guard when I requested a Bob Marley song No Woman No Cry, they sang it with such feeling I was in tears when it finished.

Also, there is Thunder and his friend,ummm can't recall his name. Thunder ran a tiny bar (as in four stools) on the beach. When we approached his place the sweet smell of "gangha" was waifting through the air. He called to us and told us to please come join him for a drink. There were four stools stuck down in the sand in front of a bar. On the wall behind the bar was photo's of Mr. Manley, Bob Marley ect. and Thunder was there. He opened a couple of Red Stripes and promptly took our money. He told us he was glad to see us, that the most of the travelers where scared to come to his bar, scared of the real Jamaica. Then he shared some corn from his garden. It wasn't the largest, sweetest or the best developed I had ever tasted, but somehow that didn't matter. It was one of the best. The pride he took in his harvest gave that piece of corn the best taste in the world. Back behind his bar, he ran a "cat house" this is not something he told me, but something I noticed when he was showing me the way to his room, where I could use the toliet. His appointments were very simple, in all that was there was a flimsy drape half covering a window, a mattress on the floor with a sheet, and a toliet. But once again, he was very proud of what he had, so it might as well to of been the Taj Mahal.

We sat and drank Red Stripes with Thunder and his friend for hours. When I left I took his address, promising to send vegi seeds to him, which I did, I hope he got them.

Comments