Nirvana on the Beach

Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Caribbean

More about Nirvana on the Beach

Nowhere else but....

The name Nirvana says it all. We have gone to Nirvana for the past 8 years. If you want the vibe of being in Negril in years past, this is the place. No big concrete buildings.
With only 5 cottages, 2 veranda suites and the honeymoon suite, this is the place. Total REST AND RELAXATION. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and fully shaded. The beach is the best, not crowded and there is plenty of shade when you need it.
If you have children, they will totally enjoy the open spaces to run around. check out the wood carvings, the Koi pond, and the best of all play with Lynn and Bonni. You cannot go wrong with Sandra the babysitter. my son actually had to walk her to the road and wave goodbye, then asked when she was coming again!
I could go on and on about Nirvana and the staff. Please do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the best vacation you may ever have(except if you keep returning, then it just gets better and better)

Nirvana Negril

We just got back from Nirvana for the second time and it was truly amazing. What an appropriate name for this place, everything is perfect from the location and gardens to the staff and the beautiful beach.

I travel all aorund the world for my job and have been lucky enough to have visited some of the most leading resorts and locations in the world but Nirvana is the only place I would go back to again and again and again.

In fact the only reason we left this time was because Joan reminded us that
"you have to leave to come back"!

Its truly breathtaking

Just Married

It was a long trip from Brazil to Jamaica, but we meet the Paradise. Nice trip, amazing Nirvana! We loved so much this special hotel, in all aspects: location, hospitality, furnishings and facilities, gardens and birds. The honeymoon suite is marvellous, with real privacity (we spent half time on the nearby beach, half time in our private sun deck). One special word about the staff: the security men, the gardener and the housekeepers made a great job. We will never forget our marriage at Nirvana. The ceremony was perfect: it began at the gazebo, ending at the beach, by sunset, all conducted by the jamaican manager (now, our witness). We still hear the sound of the birds and the sound of the jamaican singers, as well as the words of Minister Barrett. Forever.Of course, we intend to return to Jamaica, as soon as possible, and our main choice will be, naturally, Nirvana On The Beach.

Stay at Nirvana for peace and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member LauraBloomington_IN

We have been going to Nirvana for ten years or so. My husband and I went there for several years before we were married, and we chose to have our wedding in Nirvana's garden. As an older bride and groom, we were very happy to have Lonnie and Stanley and the staff and the holiday season regulars as the only people nearby when we got married and it was meaningful to share the occasion with all of them. We have taken my mother-in-law to Nirvana for many years; she is now 83 years old and looks forward to returning again this coming holiday season. We took my husband's girls when they were teenagers and they loved it, and were safe and well-supervised by the Nirvana staff at all times. We would have no qualms about my mother-in-law staying at Nirvana by herself--everyone is kind and loving to her and keeps an eye out whenever she visits. Our favorite thing about Nirvana is the beauty and peace and security of the grounds, which are open only to guests and staff, and the fact that there is no TV or radio or bar or restaurant on the premises. These are all just a short walk down the beach, along with anything else you might want. We feel that the staff are like family to us after all these years, in particular Bonnie the beach guard and Miss Lynne the maid supervisor. If you are looking for peace and quiet and comfort and warm hospitality, this is the place you should stay.

A big thumbs up to Nirvana

I recently returned from a wonderful 5 night stay in the Upper Veranda suite and I’m already planning my return. The hospitality and tranquility are what make Nirvana a real gem. No loud ruckus from a bar/restaurant/night club, yet if you’re in the mood for that sort of thing it’s only a few steps in either direction on the beach. From the greeting from Joan (manager) upon arrival to seeing a smile on everyone’s (Lynn, Bannie, Moses & Moses, and Shine) face throughout my stay, I could not have felt more welcome.
The room was huge with probably the most comfortable king size bed I’ve slept in my 12 visits to Negril. The screened verandah was large as well and made for a great place for the morning coffee while listening to sounds of the various wildlife and the gentle waves lapping on the beach. The Veranda suites have nice cold AC for those humid summer months and a full size fridge with kitchenette. Bathrooms were nice and spacious with plenty of hot water and a nice large separate dressing room with a sink.
The grounds were beautiful and the beach was excellent with the choice to stay outside or inside the gates (either way Bannie and Shine do a great job at keeping any unwanted visitors away) as the whole property is covered in sand so its great to never have to wear shoes. The guys can get you a jet ski, massage, snorkeling trip or anything else you can think of in just a matter of minutes.

Love is in the Air

From the moment you step your foot on the grounds at Nirvana you know you're in Paradise. It is the ideal spot on the Beach in Negril. Peaceful and tranquil and only a short walk to the restaurants and nightclubs. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the added security is wonderful and the Veranda Suite was great. The grounds are most beautiful and the plantings are exotic. We checked other small places to stay and none of them compare to Nirvana. We can't wait to get back! Thank you to everyone for making our stay at Nirvana so special! We are recommending Nirvana to our friends who all spend time in Jamaica. Make your own memories and stay at Nirvana.

Nirvana is our Nirvana

For years we walked past that funky gate on Negril Beach. Finally we decided to go thru the gate to see what we would find. The Security man who we later found out to be Barney was very helpful and pleased to show us the garden and Suites. We were amazed at the entire property. On our next trip we invited our kids (young adults) and girlfriends and boy friends to Nirvana and stayed in Cabin 3. It was perfect. It had three bedrooms and a full kitchen. The cabin had an indoor bath and a full bath out doors. I loved the outdoor shower. Miss Lynn and her crew kept everything neat and clean every day. They were so happy and fun to be around. Every morning Miss Lynn would make us fresh orange juice which was perfect with a spalsh of Appleton to get the day started. She cooked us several meals which saved tons of money and to this day was still some of the best Brown Stew chicken and Fried Steam fish I have had in all my trips to Jamaica. We enjoyed the large gathering area under the thatched roof in the Garden. We jokingly called it Tribal Council. We would race to see who got the two Sky Chairs that hung from the Thatch roof. Since that first trip my family has been a regular at Nirvana. WE have stayed in Cabin 3, Cabin 5, Cabin 2 and the Veranda Suite. All of them are well kept and very comfortable. My daughter has since spent her honey moon in the Verandah suite and my son is looking to book it next year for his honey moon....So you see we did all find our Nirvana at NIRVANA

Nirvana on hte beach

We stayed at Nirvana for five days. Our first inital thought was that the website made it look better than it was. The staff was not unfriendly, but a little distant. The gardens are full of many beautiful plants and flowers, certainly nice to just look around. Lots of birds to keep your ears guessing what's that sound. The beach view is great. The beach is more touristy than the cliffs, so regradless where you stay you will see people, even in the off season. However, Nirvana did have its own private feeling as there is more trees and cover than all of the other resorts. Private security guard made you feel comfortable and you won't get hassled by any beach vendors. In fact our secuirty guard chased off a few people who just wanted to sit on the beach, but weren't staying on the property. The rooms were nice, and having the kitchen inside was a nice treat to do some cooking ourselves. We had the staff cook for us one meal. Which we had a fisherman come to the house and allow us to choose from fresh fish he had just caught. That was great. There is an amount of seclusion here that I don't think you'll find anywhere else on the beach. I'd recommend this place for sure, but don't let the staff's attitude get to you.

The Johnson Family Reunion Gives Nirvana Negril Thumbs Up!

Dear Lonnie & Stan:

Just wanted you to know that we had a wonderful time at Nirvana Negril. I really liked the housekeepers Joan, Leoni, Lynn, and Joyce. Our cottages were roomy and the ladies kept things shipshape at all times. The groundskeeper kept the premises pristine and knew lots of interesting facts about the flora and fauna around the island. Lynn cooked us great Jamaican food while we all gathered in my cottage amid laughter and rememberances about the fantastic activities we'd shared during the day. The security guards Barney and Sunshine were extremely watchful over us and always seemed to know where our young adults were. They were so knowledgeable about where they could let their hair down in a safe and enjoyable atmosphere. Ottley and Leon, our drivers, were the epitome of efficiency and courteous service - honest, and timely with a great sense of humor.

We went snokling at the caves, horseback riding in the mountains, shopping for souveniers, windsurfing off the coast, climbed the Mayfield Falls,and "tore it up" at Margaritaville where we were nicknamed, "Lou and the Crew"! Scuba diving, a boating excursion down Black River, and deep sea fishing would have been on the agenda, but there were so many great things to do that we literally had no more room to fit everything in! We were sad to leave, mainly because of your wonderful staff, the beautiful beach, and the laid-back atmosphere. The staff is so efficient that it is almost as if you were there with them. They are all so diligent and efficient, and Joan is a great supervisor. Nothing seemed beyond her ability to cope! Had she been able to eradicate the sand fleas and mosquitos(?!!), I think she would have done that as well (smile)!

In terms of "bang for the buck", Nirvana Negril can't be beat. Thanks again on behalf of the Johnson Family Reunion for the beautiful memories!

We're looking forward to another fabulous Nirvana Negril vacation so we can squeeze in some of the adventures we missed this time around.

Always with a smile,

Verla

Can't wait to come back!

Of course I had been looking forward to coming back from my first visit for 2 weeks in 2001. When Aunt Pam asked me this time to come I knew that I had to bring my friend, Somer, to experience Nirvana for herself. It is the kind of place that pictures can't explain. Not only is Nirvana paradise, but the people who work there make it even more amazing. Leoni, Joan and Lynn made our cottage look like the first day there, every morning, and they are such sweethearts! "B" and Shine made us feel safe and relaxed throughout the day and into the night. Not to mention all of the laughs we had! I can't wait until my return, and I will probably start counting the days down until then!!!!!!!

Comments