Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa All-Inclusive

Orbitz.com CheapCaribbean amextravel.com

1914

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Never Again

I recently (Feb 5-12) traveled with my family to Negril, Jamaica to participate in my brother’s wedding on the beach and enjoy some vacation time in Jamaica. I was traveling with my fiancé, my sister and my parents. As I was the best man in the wedding, my father was a groomsman and my sister was a bridesmaid, we all decided to stay at the location of the wedding (Sandals Negril). In addition, to ensure we could all spend time together as a family we all wanted to be at the same resort thus we all booked our travel to Sandals Negril more than six months in advance of the trip. Further, we all received confirmation of our reservations at Sandals Negril and paid in full at the appropriate time. Upon our arrival at the Sandals hub in the Jamaica airport we were notified that two of the three rooms within our party were overbooked and moved away from the rest of the family and away from the resort where the wedding was being held. As you could image this came to us as a huge shock and developed into a major frustration and inconvenience as we were all part of the wedding party. After spending three plus hours of dealing with Donald Smith and Gary Stewart in the Jamaica airport (both of which represent the worst examples of customer service I have ever seen), the only thing that was clear was that mine and my sister’s Sandals reservations were not going to be upheld. In order to make the wedding rehearsal in time we all loaded up and headed for Sandals Negril. Upon our arrival we were met by Nichelle Oxford who tried to be as understanding as possible(much better customer service). However, even she could not change the circumstances that our reservations were not going to be upheld. After the rehearsal and dinner, me, my fiancé and my sister all went over to check into the other resort. During our check in we noted this was not an 18 and up couples resort and upon getting to our rooms we found that both rooms did not have the water turned on. We could not flush the toilet, wash our hands or take a shower until the next morning. The next day (also the day of the wedding) we had to make several trips between the resorts to make previously arranged appointments and prepare for the wedding, yet another inconvenience. In addition, after all the wedding day events and the end of the evening we could not walk back to our rooms and turn in for the night. Instead we had to wait for transportation to take us back to the other resort. This process of going back and forth between resorts continued for the next two days. Finally on the fourth night of our 7 night stay in Jamaica we were moved back to Sandals Negril, where our reservations that were booked over six months ago were made. In addition, to help smooth the process we were allowed a mini bar in the room (which was of no use to us), 24 hour room service (which we used maybe 2 times) and a $150 resort credit (which might have made up the difference in price from Sandals Negril to the other resort for the 3 nights we stayed). To me these are all token gestures in an effort to put out the immediate fire. However, this does not at all excuse the complete lack of confidence I have in any Sandals resort to uphold their end of the bargain to ensure my reservation remains in-tact as I made it and not as Sandals deems appropriate. Further, based on my experience of this situation I will not plan a trip using Sandals again.

Directions: 7 mile beach

• Friendly staff & beautiful beaches!

We booked our trip to Jamaica through Caribbean-TravelDeals.com, and our stay was made fun by the friendly staff and beautiful, relaxing beaches! We found the rooms in this hotel pretty plain and small, so get a room with a view to make up for it! The gym was great, and despite the weather being bad for a few days (heavy rains) the staff was very accommodating -- they even took us waterskiing in light rain! Take the Zip-Line Canopy tour if you get a chance during your stay; it’s an amazing thrill! The water and the beach here were beautiful, but the beach itself is narrow. Food in the restaurants was OK for an all-inclusive, but we found that the Japanese restaurant was disappointing. Overall we had a lot of fun! This resort is quite expensive, but we were able to find a great deal through Caribbean-TravelDeals.com.

Unique Quality: Great gym!

More about Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa All-Inclusive

Sandals Negril

by AdHocTravel about Sandals Negril

One of Sandals several resorts throughout the tropics, the resort is designed to provide you with 'one stop vacationing.' Everything is included from drinks to activities. A good way to see a tropcial desitination if you've never been before.

Rooms

by jonkaren3 about Sandals Negril

Our room was great. Four poster bed, marble bath and a private veranda overlooking gardens with gazebo.
I know this picture is awful, you will just have to use your imagination.

Great Experience in Sandals Negril

Like a number of others, we fell victim to reading some of the whiny reviews on Sandals Negril posted on this site. This is a good lesson in that you just cant please everyone regardless what you doand unfortunately those are generally the people that are likely to want to *** about how bad of an experience they had.My wife and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary and we couldnt have asked for a better trip. The Sandals facility was great and the service was much more than we ever expected. I dont know where they get their Playmakers, but this is tireless group that works extremely hard to make sure you have a good time. Its amazing; they learn your name, where you are from, teach you too much about Jamaican trivia, all in the spirit of creating the Sandals experience. I would caution you, that once they do learn your name you may find yourself singing late night karaoke to some very distant Neil Diamond songsnope not pretty.We had heard negative comments about the food..here again; we found that to be completely unfounded. There were a couple of native Jamaican dishes that I wouldnt necessarily need to have again. I am thinking specifically of the salt fish omelet with some kind of green sea weedy thingmy guess not a big seller.but hey I was trying to grab on the local culture I could. We would recommend also hitting some of the restaurants at the nearby Beaches, which is a $10 roundtrip cab ride away.If you beer is your drink of choice, be prepared for the many choices you will have. Lets see.you can choose from Red Stripe, Red Stripe, Red Stripe and then finally Red Stripe. Hey, nothing wrong with promoting Jamaicas home grown product, besides it helps you get in the Jamaican spirit.Activities were great. If you dive, the reef is not overflowing with sea criters, but still worth while.Sandal Negril is greatdont waste your time in reading the negative reviews. It would be a shame to miss out on such a great experience.

Caribbean sunsets

by Toph52 about Sandals Negril

In the end of May we spent 7 nights at Sandals Negril. This was our third trip to Jamaica having stayed in the quaint Sandals Inn in Montego Bay and later getting married in Boscabel Beach. I had heard about 7-mile beach and the wonderful sunsets in Negril. So we met our former neighbors celebrating our respective anniversaries in Negril. Sandals was nice enough to ugrade us to a beautiful beachview suite (it doesn't hurt to ask). Aside from unpredictable hot water our accomodations were great. The road runs close to most of the resorts along the beach which is only slightly annoying. The food was better than we were accustomed to for Jamaica. The nightlife was slightly dissappointing as they cater to the younger set more than us middle-agers. The watersports were great, and I was most pleased getting my PADI Open Water scuba certification in a couple days. I especially enjoyed the night dive which was a little extra but well worth the experience. In all, I would recommend Sandals as a reliably good all-inclusive resort. Beach narrow but nice white sand. Watersports good. Food good. Entertainment average. Accomodations good. Pools average. Sunsets great.

Sandals Resort, Negril

by eljusto about Sandals Resort, Negril

We paid about US$4000 for two people for a full week, including air fare from Los Angeles. The Sandals Resort in Negril is amaizing. It is located on the North end of a seven mile uninterupted white sand beach. The food was amaizing, and the staff was increadible. Sandals is all inclusive, so we waterskied, sailed, snorkeled, ate, drank, and did everything without any additional charges. I would definately go back...

Sandals

by Astrobuck about Sandals Beaches, Sandals Resorts

OK, if you go to Jamaica, this is the way to go. Contact Sandals and ask for a free brochure. This is an all inclusive resort. EVERYTHING IS PAID FOR! That means, no tipping!! It seems very expensive at first, but when you look at airfare, food, etc., it makes sense. Not to mention, ALL YOU CAN EAT OR DRINK 24/7!!! (Yes, it even includes alcohol for all you lushes out there!!)The only drawback, is you are kind of stuck there. They have tours to places like Dunns River, the beach where Dr. NO was filmed, and others. They also take you on shopping tours. This is PERFECT for honeymooners. I recommend "Sandals Negrill." It has the largest beach, and has the highest rating. If I didn't recommend it, I wouldn't put it here! :) The views are great, the food is awesome, they have gyms where you can work out, casinos, games, etc.

All Inclusive Resorts

by Rebecca76 about Sandals Resorts - splitting your time

The accomodations were good and the natural beauty was amazing. I have been to Jamaica before, but had never stayed at an all inclusive resort, it was kind of cool.
We got off the plane and were escorted to a lounge run by our hotel, it was located right outside of customs, before you went back outside to board to bus. It was great, they had kegs of Red Stripe and other local drinks ready for us to taste, then we were escorted to the bus that was to take us to our hotel. If you want to stay at Sandals resorts, make sure you DO NOT stay at the one located right next to the Montego Bay airport, I didnt see it, but it is directly next to the airport property. There is the Royal Caribbean a few miles away which is much better. (They have this great little (clothing optional) island off the coast that a little boat will take you to, it is so nice and peaceful, I loved it). When making your reservations, ask about splitting your time between different Sandals hotels on the island. We were able to get do this without an extra charge. They just had the airport shuttle take us from one hotel to the next as it came from the airport one morning. It was the best idea we had. Spending 4 days in one place, then 4 in the next. This allowed us to see more of the island. Experience different people, more diving and other activates.

Sandals Negril sunsetSandals Negril sunset

SandalsSandals

Negril beachNegril beach

Negril beach.Negril beach.

Sandals Negril or not

by tremc

Im going to jamaica for the 1st time here in November and I was wondering if Sandals Negril was a nice place to stay or not also what are some things i should experience in negril while im there.

Comments