Normand Manley Blvd, Negril, po box 321, Caribbean
Booking.com Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Negril

Papaya tree with hibiscucPapaya tree with hibiscuc

Ciao Jamaica restaurant in NegrilCiao Jamaica restaurant in Negril

Jah-ba playing dominosJah-ba playing dominos

View of the Rockhouse cliffs with private villas.View of the Rockhouse cliffs with private villas.

Seagrape Villas

by caslu

Has anyone had any experiences with the Seagrape Villas in Negril? Looking to stay there in March but haven't made up my mind yet... thanks.

Re: Seagrape Villas

by carlson031607

My cousin stayed here last year for our wedding (we were next door). It's a great location and they had a suite which was quite nice. There's a bar and restaurant and pool. It's smaller than the AI's but I would definitely consider staying there.

Travel Tips for Negril

The Maxi Dress

by Tracyatclub316

Ladies - All I can say is Maxi dress! In the right material it works as a bathing suit cover up, an out to dinner dress, lunch by the ocean... I brought two and wore them non-stop! of course film and supplies are way over-priced. Definitely make sure you are stocked up! Make sure you bring sunscreen (price gouging happens). Also, if you're doing an all inclusive. Bring a large insulated cup / thermos cup. The drinks are free but the plastic cups are tiny. Lets you get a large drink and enjoy the beach! Make sure you go to Rick's! We saved it until the last day, which was quite overcast, and wish we had gone multiple times. It's a bit touristy but the divers were a lot of fun to watch! They'll let you dive if you have the nerve.

Enjoying Negril

by NegrilPirate

Many places to see and enjoy in Negril if you have a guide of some kind. I found a place many years ago called Mi Yard. Jamaican owned, food, drinks, high speed, and run by locals. I would say you can find out about any adventure you are curious about right there.

Great for vegetarians - and others!

by toonsarah about Hungry Lion

This was the other of our favourite restaurants, and we had planned a return visit after our first one but never managed to get back here unfortunately. Unlike many of the other restaurants on the West End Road, it lacks a cliff-top setting and view of the sea, but the quality of the food and the funky vibe are more than adequate compensation. The restaurant is on the first floor of the colourful building, with a gallery and classy gift shop below – see my separate shopping tip. The cuisine is vegetarian and seafood, with a strong Rastafarian influence. The menu varies daily according to what is available. We were given complimentary appetizers of a small and delicious bowl of pumpkin and lentil soup. Not having expected this, we had also ordered starters – crab cakes for me and hummus with pitta bread for Chris. For my main course I chose the red snapper burrito, which was excellent, while Chris went for a tasty olives and veggie quesadilla. We shared a slice of frozen key lime cheesecake for dessert – the best dessert we had in Jamaica! With two beers each and service we paid just US$55 for this excellent meal.

Clive's Transport Service South Coast tour

by m-gem

During our stay in Jamaica, we escaped the resort for a day trip around sites on the South Coast. I think many tour companies offer this tour, including one that could be booked through our hotel, but I read online before we left home about this specific operator and how good they were. We weren't disappointed. The tour includes 3 main stops: a river ride on the Black River, a visit (and swim if you'd like ) to YS Falls, and a tour of the Appleton Estate rum distillery. The van you are in might be shared with others who booked the same tour, but we had the van and the driver, Avril, to ourselves. Avril was a great guide, chatty of course. He told us bits of Jamaican history, and especially liked to talk about native plants and fruits. He sometimes pulled off to the side of the road just to show us a coconut tree or ackee plant. He also was interested in the differences between Jamaica and where we were from. He didn't seem to understand the concept of us having bananas (or other tropical fruits), but not actually growing the fruits in our country. As for the sights, the Black River tour was fun, though I was disappointed that they guide didn't feed the crocodiles. Still, we saw a few, some up close, which I found exciting. The YS Falls were beautiful, and there didn't seem to be many people around the actual falls even though many were on the trailers pulled by tractors that bring you to the falls. And the Appleton Estate tour was interesting, not the best part of the day, but we had a guide to ourselves and he was a colourful character. Plus the free samples at the end were worthwhile. =) A lunch mid-day was included, from a restaurant on a hill with incredible views of the valley around it. If you want to go on a day trip out of Negril, I highly recommend Clive's service. They do various tours all over the island, so they're likely to have something for everyone.

Negril Lighthouse

by malianrob

I have a thing about lighthouses so I made Rob take me here after we had a few drinks at Ricks Cafe. I didnt realize how close we were to the Lighthouse until we got to Ricks and as we were watching the cliff divers I saw the lighthouse in the distance.
The Lighthouse is at the westernmost tip of Jamaica and it stands about 100ft tall.
We walked all the way over here from our hotel in Negril. It was a long walk but it was also very nice. We also got a chance to get away from all the vendors on the beach.

Comments