Light House, Negril, Jamaica, Caribbean

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Top end Resort next to the Lighthouse

The Caves is one of the most exclusive resorts on the Cliffs of Negril. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the All-Inclusive means you get top quality food 24/7! The Negril Lighthouse is right next door for photo ops and snorkling, and the beach is just a 10 minute cab ride away. In researching info on cliffside resorts, The Caves was one of the last ones to allow me inside without actually staying there. Reports are that Harrison Ford (who has reportedly bought a piece of unused property halfway down to the Beach from the Lighthouse), Cliff Richards and other Starz have stayed at The Caves because of its exclusivity.
    The sunsets are incredible from your own patio or jaccuzzi and the staff is very accomodating to your desires. There is a nice cliffside pool as well.

Unique Quality: Safe and exclusive, sunset views, swimming pool

Directions: Past Ricks Cafe next to the Lighthouse

• laustic's Profile Photo

Practically perfect in every way!

The price is a little high, but completely and totally worth it. If you're even thinking about this resort go for it! We stayed here after staying 4 days on the beach at Idle Awhile. We were happy with our time on the beach, but The Caves blew us away and made our trip to Jamaica truly unforgetable. The service is impeccable. The food is wonderful. The gardens are immaculate. You won't regret it! We stayed in Two Birds Cottage and while it was small it was completely adorable with the coolest outdoor shower attached. Just trust me -- Book it now!

• Docu2001's Profile Photo

A complete experience ...

(See Jamaica Intro for a description of my experience at The Caves ...)

Toll Free (in the US and Canada): 1-800-OUTPOST

Outside the US and Canada: (305) 531-8800

Unique Quality: Individual, tiled jacuzzi built into the side of the cliffs overlooking the sea ... sunset there is a religious experience.

Directions: The Caves rests on the westernmost tip of Jamaica in Negril (about 90 minutes from Montego Bay Airport and 15 minutes from the Negril air strip).

More about The Caves - All-Inclusive

General Accomadition tips

by ricgilbert

The caves have alwats been nice but there are so many smaller ma & pa places to stay at......with a very negociable rate plan. Try looking on google for negril & check out every little place, I was ther last winter for 3 1/2 months & probably have pics that u may want too see. Every place either on the cliffs or beach seem to be really putting the red carpets out. People of negril should and are proud of their evolution because this was the greatest year ever for kindness & friendly service.

new "Caves" like resort on the Horizon

by dustmon about No Name Yet

There is a pretty big piece of cliffside property in between Zion (the Old Drumville Cove) and Sunset on the Cliffs Resort with a long blue fence at the road has reportedly been purchased by Mellissa Gilbert (LHOTP) and will have 3 cottages for her children's use and maybe some others that can be rented out----very exclusive so I heard from a man at the gate and from many locals who have seen Mellissa on a few occasions in the past few months. Stay tuned to this location for more info as it unfolds!
On it's cliffside is a blue hut that was slammed by Nicole but still has character---- cliffside starz

Negril's 11-km-long (7 mi) beach!

by bkathryn about Mahogany Inn Beach Hotel

We found a lovely place to stay in Negril - Mahogany Inn Beach Hotel.
Negril is 52 miles (84km) west of Montego Bay, and is Jamaica's fastest growing resort area. Despite phenomenal growth in recent years Negril is still more laid back than anywhere else in Jamaica (it's one of the few places where you can tan the whole booty). You'll probably interact with locals more here than in other resort areas given that woodcarvers hawk their crafts on the beach, makeshift stalls selling health foods and jerk
pork line the roads and mellow greetings are proffered freely by locals.
And the 7-mile-long (11km) beach is fabulous. [thanks to Lonely Planet - Jamaica] Sailing, Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Scuba Diving, Deserted Island Picnics, Horseback Riding, Golf, Island Tours to Waterfalls, Mineral Springs, Mountains, Caves, Deep Sea Fishing and more

The best place for honeymooners!

My husband and I spent our one week honeymoon at The Caves in May. It was PERFECT! The pictures on their website to not do it justice! We were in shock for the first days because we could not believe that we were actually staying there! We were treated like royalty from the minute we got there. The staff knows your name after the first day, the food is 5 star quality (with new things to try everyday), there are never more than 15 other people staying at the resort to spoil your romantic getaway. We stayed in the Mackatree which was perfect because it was a little more secluded than the rest of the rooms! It was a little hot the first few nights, but we got used to it (we found out later that some of the rooms have A/C - request one of those if you like it cold when you sleep). Make sure you reserve the private hot tub for one of your evenings. We had a pitcher of margaritas waiting for us to enjoy as we watched the sunset (which are gorgeous) through the window. You can also reserve a private cave for one of your dinners. They set it with hundreds of tea lights and flowers just for you. We requested to be served lobster and it was "No Problem," as usual.

During the day we sat in the salt water pool over looking the Carribean drinking "hummingbirds," went snorkeling through the caves, or went on excursions. I would definately recommend making the one hour trip to Mayfield Falls! Although we've never been to Dunn's River falls, I would say that Mayfield is even better because it is not as well known and not crowded at all. Make sure you buy the video they make of you if you go. They did a very nice job and we've already watched ours a few times!

If you are looking for night life or lots of entertainment, this is not the place for you. But, if you are looking for romantic relaxation, tropical beauty at it's best and to enjoy the company of a loved one - go to The Caves. If you are staying at two resorts during your trip, I would recommend going to the Caves last. Once you get there, you will not want to leave!

Little Piece of Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member lotsofbites

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews. I must say that this place is very unique and might not be fit for everyone. If you are looking for Four Seasons marble bathrooms, giant menu choices, carpet, air conditioning, phones ringing at the concierge, etc. then this is not your place.

If you are looking for a very cool, unique, small boutique hotel, then this is your place! It is a true gem and a little piece of heaven!

I am a picky traveler and I'm used to Hilton Diamond VIP treatment and stay at the Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula and Ritz Carlton when I travel, but I love my fair share of unique, small B&B type places. This is why I LOVE The Caves:

1) AMAZING, wonderful people, not just staff - they are never there, but always there.
2) Unique and gorgeous atmosphere
3) Unique and beautiful rooms
4) Good food (it's like going to someone's house - no giant menu or anything like that. Super limited choices because the "menu" is verbal from the waiter and it is whatever the chef prepares for the day, it makes it more fun and a nice surprise)
4) Fun snorkeling
5) Fun swimming
6) True relaxation (you have to request a t.v. if you want one, I don't remember cable, why you would want to spend your time watching t.v. in a beautiful place in Jamaica is beyond me)
7) Mosquitos LOVE me and I didn't get bites in the room because they give you this thing that you plug into the outlet that keeps bugs away. I put on Off! Spray when I left the room at night to go to dinner and stuff. But I am always prepared with my Off! Spray when I travel to a tropical place.....surprise, surprise there will be bugs in a tropical atmosphere!

I am an adventurous person and normally can't sit still unless I am working or reading a really good book, but for some reason, I found that my 7 days there were filled with: relaxing by the ocean, swimming, diving/jumping in the water and snorkeling. They have these really cool spots that are 30+ feet high that are super fun to jump off of into the sea!

My fiance and I did take a taxi to the beach once, but I really didn't want to leave the resort. The beach was nice, but I had more fun swimming at The Caves.

Oh ya, they have really cool funky music that they play and I bought a few of the CD's. I listen to them in my car and they take me back to wonderful memories of The Caves! We will definitely return.

NEGRIL, JAMAICA

by thisit811

"NEGRIL, JAMACA"

Description:
A beautiful beach & blue water in Jamaica. It's one of a great resort for vacation & honeymoon.

"LIFE OF LIVING"

Description:
Woman walked and selling fruits on Negril beach.

"JERK PORK. HEAVENLY MEAL"

Description:
When you are in Jamaica. You must try Jamaican Jerk pork. The best barbeque meal of the Island. Try! the one they cooked on the field and cover on the top with coconut leafs. It is excellent.

Negril, Jamaica

by Moxie1

"Negril, Jamaica"

Welcome to my Jamaica page!! It is a place to go and take it easy, relax or have lots of adventures. Jamaica has so much to offer as a vacation destination. Beaches to the Blue Mountains and every thing in between. Famous for Red Stripe Beer, Appleton Rum, Blue Mountain Coffee. Local foods are a mixture of African, Caribean, Cuban, and English influences. Salt Fish and Acee, Johnny Cakes, Ox Tail Soup, Jerk Chicken, Soursop, Plantains, Rice and Beans and every kind of seafood you can think of. Swim, Hike, Camp, Scuba Dive, Snorkle, Water Falls, Or just relax at a resort. Many places of interest, James Bond Beach, where Eian Fleming lived and wrote all of the Bond series. Nude beaches, healing mineral springs, Lots of wonderful people to meet. So go and have adventures, romance, or just kick back and relax. Its just that casual. Enjoy!!! I did!!!

Negril, Jamaica

by jeremy888

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where in jamaica, especialy where in negril is the best spot for late teens to early to mid twenties to go and have a real good time.

Which resorts have the most of that age range of turn out?

Re: Negril, Jamaica

by Rasta_Rob

Most resorts in Jamaica, particularly in Negril, are of the "all-inclusive" variety and cater to older couples (or families) with money. The one resort I can think of in Negril that would be most appropriate and popular among college-age people is Hedonism 2, which is part of the SuperClubs chain. I've stayed there a couple times myself many years ago and it is a fun atmosphere but also not as sleezy as the name sounds.

Re: Negril, Jamaica

by epicult

Not really a direct answer to your post but a suggestion... you can save yourself (and friends) a few bucks by staying at one of the many non-resort hotels right on the beach in Negril. Lots to do in the area especially if you enjoy nightlife and have an adventurous spirit.

If you prefer not to worry 'bout a ting' and don't mind shelling out the $$$, Rasta_robs suggestion is probably a good one.

Comments