2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• emily_nyc's Profile Photo

It's All About the Beach

Go to White Sands Negril knowing well in advance that this hotel is ALL about the beach.

Nothing else about White Sands is particularly spectacular or noteworthy: the rooms are comfortable and clean, if uninspired. The restaurant, which never seemed to be open when we were actually hungry, offers a rather bland selection of food options. The pool is clean and refreshing, but poorly located, practically hidden across the main road and in the far reaches of the resort. The beachfront bar is lively and always well attended, and the bartender will blend up a mean Dirty Banana. But with all the barstools facing away from the coastline, the main attraction at this poorly-designed space seems to be the large-screen television rather than the Caribbean Sea.

What White Sands does offer is beachfront accommodation at a fantastic price. A short walk from your sleeping room will set you smack dab in the midst of Negril's incredible Seven Mile Beach. Here, the shallow waters of the Caribbean Sea are practically transparent; the sunsets are divine. Drag yourself out of bed for an early morning jog, and you will be rewarded by nearly empty beaches and waters that are exceedingly calm and inviting.

White Sands is well located, and an easy base from which to explore the area: stroll up and down the expansive shoreline to discover the many restaurants and bars that occupy this ideal beachfront real estate. The Negril Yoga Center is a mere 20-minute walk down the road, as is the excellent Selina's cafe.

Although the restaurant staff leaves much to be desired, both management and reception are extremely kind and accommodating. The level of safety at the hotel is very good: an always-present security guard will watch over your personal belongings while you dip into the sea, and chase away hustlers if they become a nuisance.

I was much happier and more relaxed staying on Negril's West End as opposed to the beaches of Long Bay, but both areas certainly have their advantages. Thus if you are traveling on the cheap and want a prime beachfront location, White Sands is hard to beat.

Unique Quality: -Stunning beachfront location
    -Spectacular sunset views
    -Swimming pool
    -Pool table
    -Lively bar with great cocktails and nightly drink specials
    -Kind and accommodating management
    -Clean

Directions: Located on the Seven Mile Beach, along Norman Manley Boulevard

More about White Sands Negril

Professional beach bums find a home away from home

Being from a world renown beach resort town, we are professional beach bums with high expectations. Negril, certainly fits the bill. We recently completed our second trip in the last 7 months and had a blast. We were very fortuanate to have discovered the White Sands Hotel on our first visit. We had a deluxe, upstairs room on the beach side of the road, that was airy and comfortable with a warm tropical ambience.
The property is well cared for, well managed and extremely secure. Even a ride from and to the airport can be arranged. Believe me, it's great getting off the plane and having someone there to greet you and take you to your door. We are expecting to return again in October. Can't get enough of any of it.

Always GREAT !!!!!

The White Sands Hotel in Negril is a great place to stay. Their location on the beach is great...and the staff is so friendly and helpful....we have stayed in the rooms...apts....and the 4 bedroom villa....they were all great!!!!! We go to Negril once or twice a year...and White Sands is always high on the list .... Mike

Our home in Negril

by TripAdvisor Member PhineasFreakears

My wife and I have been visiting Jamaica since 1988, and it's not just
the warm tropical climate that keeps us comming back again and again.
If you're like us, and don't care for the all-inclusive type atmosphere
where you rarely see past the front door, then White Sands is the place
to stay in Jamaica. It's clean, well kept, affordable, and has a
friendly and helpful staff that will do whatever they can to make your
vacation one to remember year after year. We prefer a garden room with
kitchenette, but they also have rooms just a few steps away from one of
the best beaches in the world, where they have a nice full service bar.
They also serve breakfast and lunch. There are also plenty of nice
places to eat within walking distance.
Get out and see Negril and the real people of Jamaica, take a cab ride or rent a bike and head into town, or go to the mountains and visit the friendly folks who live there. Jamaica is a beautiful country with warm friendly people, and White Sands is an excellent choice to be near it all.

A Place for Peace

Negril Jamaica...what can I say, except for a place for peace and serenity. I've been going there for 12 years and always stay at "White Sands Villa" a very warm and romantic independently owned villa. I have attached his information below. These people are like family to me and will treat you, a perfect stranger the same way. Always just greatful to have you visit their Island of beauty.Francis WilliamsGeneral ManagerWhite Sands Negril ... Tel: 876-957-4291Fax: 876-957-4674I hope that you fall in love with this tranquil place as I did. See you in December!Cheryl Atkinson

White Sands: hospitality, beach & beauty

White Sands Hotel in Negril, Jamaica is a mix of friendly and responsible staff, a variety of clean and comfortable rooms, and plenty of quiet relaxation right on the ocean. I have traveled to Negril about a dozen times and have spent many of those vacations staying at White Sands. It is reasonably priced and offers a variety of room types. It is beautifully maintained with lovely gardens, a collection of parrots and other exotic birds, bright yellow paint on the structures by the beach, and a comfortable restaurant and bar. This family-owned hotel staff is friendly, responsible, always quickly responds to my inquiries for reservations, and has gone above and beyond to make every stay I have had go as easily and smoothly as I have needed. I have stayed at White Sands with and without my children and each time have been quite pleased with the service and the compound. The hotel, pool and games area on the one side of the hotel complex offers a quiet and safe grassy area for children to run and play freely. The hotel, restaurant & bar with sunset-overlook on the beach side offers quiet beach reading, sunbathing, drinks by the ocean, and is conveniently located in about the middle of Negril's seven miles of white sandy beach. I highly recommend White Sands to anyone who wants a relaxing, easy and reasonably priced Jamacian visit. I look forward to my next visit.

Repeat visitors who love White Sands!

Our group of 6 has been staying at White Sands every year for about the last 3-4 years. We love the location on Negril's beautiful 7-mile white sand beach, and the economical price of their neat and clean rooms. The staff is tremendous, and we can't say enough good things about this property. Highly recommended for people on a budget looking for clean affordable rooms with an excellent staff. KKinMN

White Sands is our Paradise

We have stayed at White Sands for many years and it's like going home to paradise. The people are wonderful, friendly and most accommodating.
From Francis greeting us upon arrival to Tony serving refreshments at the bar, we are truly blessed to have found such a wonderful place with such wonderful people. Thank you and we'll see you in February.

Comfy at White Sands

I stayed in the White Sands the first time I went to Jamaica and have stayed there many times since.

The grounds are beautiful with all the flowers in bloom and the rooms are clean and cozy. Many places to eat good are close by.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is my home away from home.

White Sands Terrific Bargain

I have been going to White Sands for 11 years and I loved every trip more then the last one and would not switch with any place on the Beach.I know all the help on first name basis and they are the Friendliest staff you could want. Tha Manager does such a wonderful job with all His Guests.I will continue to go each Feb to White Sands it is family run and very clean.We have met so many repeat Guests that we have become Friends with,that come back year after year as we do. Thank You David Tuttle Illinois

Comments