Diamond Rock Hotel

Pointe de la Chery, (formerly Novotel Coralia Diamant), Le Diamant, 97223, Caribbean

More about Diamond Rock Hotel

The coolest thing about...

by BuickMackane

The coolest thing about Martinique is that it is the birthplace of the Empress Josephine. You can visit La Pagerie where she was born and see all sorts of beautiful portraits of her. I didn't know much about Josephine until I visited La Pagerie, but afterward I became fascinated with her and to this day I read every biography I can find about Josephine. She's become my favorite historical figure, and it all began in Martinique! My happiest memory is the day I sent a message in a bottle off the end of the dock at Club Med. The bottle floated about 10 miles to the famous Diamond Rock, where it was discovered by a member of the French Gendarmerie who had been stationed in Martinique with his family. How often does somebody actually find a bottle, anyway, and how often do you actually get to meet them someday and have them be your tour guides? It was amazing!!

Beach of Le Diamant, MartiniqueBeach of Le Diamant, Martinique

Church of Le Diamant, MartiniqueChurch of Le Diamant, Martinique

Market of Le Diamant, MartiniqueMarket of Le Diamant, Martinique

Interior of church of Le Diamant, MartiniqueInterior of church of Le Diamant, Martinique

Comments