Le Petit Hotel

248 Boulevard de Grand Case, , 97150, Caribbean

More about Le Petit Hotel

Your loved ones will be impressed!

by TripAdvisor Member bikes&boats

Amazing room. The comforts were exactly what I wanted without realizing it beforehand. I guess you could say I got spoiled here. Great bed and bathroom (no tub) and kitchen and balcony too. The bed was a great queen, very soft and downy. Our room on the second floor didn't have a tub in the bathroom but the others might have. I wish we made more use out of the lovely kitchen but didn't due to the multitude of nearby restaurants. There was a nice french grocery a short drive away. The balcony was great but our studio room's balcony was smaller than the pictures on this site. Yes, you do fall asleep to the sounds of the waves lapping below. My girlfriend was extremely pleased with my choice of this hotel - THANK YOU FELLOW TRIPADVISORS!
a couple cons - it was a longer walk to the main restaurants then I was led to believe. There isn't much of a sidewalk along a busy road for a couple hundred meters before reaching the nice main strip of Grand Case. The beach looks great from the balcony but is actually sloped and narrow with old (dead?) coral that will scratch you. A couple rude dogs stand guard if you wish to walk along the beach at night instead of walking on the street. Definately rent a car to get to the other beaches on the island. The hotel manager was extremely helpful with getting the car and telling us where to go. We once drove over to the other side of town to use the pool at the sister hotel, no problems.
Finally, it was very hard to return to NYC croissants after eating too many of the ones they provide for breakfast at the Le Petit Hotel.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tom1381

LePetit Hotol is the greatest. The staff (Muriel - Vive La France) & Miriam make you really feel welcome. The breakfast is the highlight of the day. Ask a question and you will be helped instantly. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. TV / Radio/ CD fine. The kitchen items all worked. The bathroom was just right.

Go back again - YES and yes again.
The location is great - OB a five minute ride, Marigot a ten minute ride.

Nice place, nice people price just fine.

le Petit @ its best

by TripAdvisor Member offcall5

My wife and I spent a fabulous week at Le Petit hotel on St. Martin. Many of the best restaurants were walking distance from the hotel.The location made it easy to drive around the Island and sight see.Everyone in the hotel was very gracious and helpfull.The roar of the surf was right at your back door.Anything positive that you might have read off the computer,we can say"its even better"

Bob and Maureen

An Excellent Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Nimdok

I happily am joining the other voices on this board to compliment and recommend Le Petit Hotel. Its location, professionalism, comfort and overall ambience make this the perfect place to stay in St Martin.

St. Martin Gem

by TripAdvisor Member cadcamguy

We spent a night on St. Martin before continuing on to Anguilla.
So glad we took the advise of others on this site and booked at the Le Petit.
Miriam and Sam made us feel right at home and handled the details
like taxis and restaurant advise and reservations. Very Clean and
the bed was really comfortable. My wife is particular about where
we stay, and she was very pleased. We walked up the beach at night to eat in Grand Case about 10-15 minutes walk. We walked back on the street, but wished we had taken a taxi back. In the morning we enjoyed the free cont. breakfast at Le Petit , went shopping in Grand Case, and then ate lunch at the Tropicana in Marigot (great food, great location overlooking the harbor, friendly owner and staff, and desserts so pretty we had to take pictures of them) Thanks Le Petit!

A Small Slice of Paradise

What a great place to stay in St. Martin before heading over to Anguilla. Le Petit is a wonderful couples hotel. I would avoid it if traveling with a family. As the previous reviewer noted, you are right on the beach in Grand Case, a marvelously European village along a peaceful and exquisite stretch of beach in French St. Martin. Great restaurants are just a short walk. Le Petit is small but elegant with great beds, lovely bathrooms and gorgeous lighting (sconces with beautiful colors). Continental breakfast is great on your terrace. Don't miss dinner at L'Alabama. If you enjoy chocolate, they make one of the best warm chocolate cakes with a molten center you have ever tasted. My Advice if not in St. Martin before---Prices are in euros. Bring cash...Euros=$$ in cash at many shops and restaurants but if you use a CC, you will be charged in Euros and then converted at prevailing rates. Combined with a trip to the quite island of Anguilla, our stay at Le Petit Hotel was top-notch. If you prefer sitting at a pool, this is not the place for you...NO Pool; but if you like a magnificent beach with a real european feel, you will just love this little gem along the shores of Grand Case.

Perfect Honeymoon Spot

After researching virtually every hotel on every caribbean island in search of the perfect honeymoon spot we decided on Le Petit Hotel. Upon entering the room we knew that we made the right choice. The room is large and well decorated with clean white linens, a kitchenette with everything you need and spanish tile. We sat on the balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean view every morning for breakfast (included) and every evening for cocktails and felt like we were in paradise. Everyone is right, the staff is wonderful - I panicked our first night after realizing I had lost my purse with our passports and all of the money we received for our wedding (we left directly from the weddingcruise on a Sunday so could not deposit) and before this brilliant move could ruin our honeymoon Miriam hopped in her car and drove to the airport to look for my purse. Meanwhile the cab driver showed up at our door purse in hand. We were of course shocked at the honesty and kindness of everyone and we were and are so grateful. I cannot imagine that I would have ever seen that purse again if I left it in a cab in the city where we live. Also, it is great to be able to walk to the restaurants along the beach every night, the weekly happy hour at the sister hotel is a must and the only possible issue is that the beach that the hotel sits on does not have much of a beach to sunbathe (very rocky), but taking a cab to the various beaches in St. Martin everyday enabled us to see more than we would have if we stayed on any one of them. I would also recommend a day trip to Anguilla (best beach) and avoiding a layover in San Juan. Enjoy!

Lovely Place

by TripAdvisor Member volfireman

We stayed at Le Petit for a week in August. It was everything that we've read about on tripadivisor.

We had the oversized studio. The only drawback was a malfunctioing AC -- it could not blow cooler than 78 F. We were moved to anohter room where the AC worked great. Stephanie was a big help!

It was very relaxing, and adventure, and revived my two years of High School Fench (a long time past).

We loved the beach at Orient Bay (no not the clothing optional side either). Be sure to visit Jean the beach guy at the "Cool Corner" -- near the Kontiki. For $14/couple you get a chair unmbrella plus a drink... compared to $18 (fornt row by th water -- or $16 for second roow) for a chair unmbrella only ...

Loved Le Petit Hotel!

This hotel is beautiful! My husband and I spend our first four nights of our honeymoon at Le Petit Hotel. We loved the furniture, the bed was very comfortable, and the decor was very modern! The bathrooms were always kept immaculate! The complementary breakfast was delicious, we loved the croissants! it was wonderful to have direct beach access, we woke up and went for a swim every morning. It was a very quiet and peaceful stay, just what we were looking for! We would love to return to this wonderful hotel someday!

Stay Here!!! The Best Hotel on the Island!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Fanette

Hands down, this hotel is the best on the island. We have stayed at La Sammana and seen some of the other hotels around the island, but this hotel was the best. Here is why:

1. Oustanding service - Stephanie and Fannie were incredibly helpful. They manage the hotel and helped us with all of our questions, touring etc. The rooms were immaculate.

2. Rooms - While it is a small hotel - only ten rooms, all of the rooms have a balcony overlooking the water. In fact, the sound of the surf can be heard in the room with the balcony door closed. We could fall asleep every night listening to the waves crashing. The bed is very comfortable. Room is large and super clean. Stove, fridge and kitchen supplies are all in the room.

3. Other - Breakfast every morning. Beach right in back of the hotel. Five minute walk from Grand Case, a small little town with great restaurants. Very safe area, much nicer and cleaner than Simpson Bay on the dutch side. Its sister hotel, L'esplanade, is equally as beautiful. You can use their pool if you like since Le Petit does not have a pool. Reasonably priced - we definitely wasted our money on La Sammana, with its run down over priced rooms. I wish we could have just started out here!

Comments