Superclubs Breezes Curacao

See Amenities

Breezes Curacao

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 1, 2011

My wife and I spent a week at Breezes Curacao in late March early April 2010. I have never left a review on a website before, but I felt compelled to mention our experience. Our travel agent recommended this resort as a value trip and it was our first all inclusive (other plans had changed, and we were looking for a quick substitute). We have traveled fairly extensively around the world, but had not previously experienced this type of resort trip. After reading a number of negative reviews on this and other websites, I was worried that we had made a mistake.
When we arrived, check-in was easy and following the advice of people on this forum, we booked
the specialty restaurants as we checked-in. Arriving at our room a little before check-in time we found a nice clean room over looking a bar/pool area and a view of the ocean from the balcony. a person with a clipboard was in the room checking readiness as we arrived, and appeared to be the quality control/housekeeping person. We had absolutely no complaints about the room.
We spent six days on the beach, went to Willemstad for a half day and on a dunebuggy tour for a half day. They dunebuggy tour was located across the street from the resort and a young Dutch women who spoke good English told us more about the island then we had found out in the previous few days. The young men who took us out into the island could have been better guides (knowledge, presentation) but it was fun (VERY dusty). Willemstad's pedestrian bridge and the general town was quaint, but I did feel a half day was enough (go in the morning - we went in the PM and it really gets hot in those streets without the breeze you have at the beach.
The snorkeling off the beach at the resort would probably not satisfy world-class types, but it was lovely to sit under a palm frond hut reading and sunbathing, and simply stand up and put mask and snorkel on - swim about 50ft and see the neon fish.
The food was good, we had no problem with bartenders or drinks. I took a supply of 1 $ bills and tipped people because I think I should, but I did not notice anyone around me treated different if you did not tip. The evening entertainment was, we thought very nice. We usually don't do that later into the evening, but thought this was really worthwhile (they have a guy who is a cross between Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman and several other people who is a superb entertainer and kept us out until the late hours (as I said usually don't do this).
In short, room clean - staff friendly - food good - weather good bartenders friendly and never ran out of anything while we were there.
This is a good lay on the beach and relax vacation at a bargain price. We did not experience the groups of locals coming in, so I can't comment on that.

Discrimination & Disaster

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 16, 2008

We got there on Friday to find that the hotel was taking in bus loads of locals. They got the best room with views of the beach in # 800 building, staying thru Sunday. I talked with several & they told me how discounted their stay was - I was shocked. We paid twice as much as them and we stayed in a room off to the side with no beach view at all .We asked to be upgraded but they said they had no room yet they continued to come through late Friday getting the best beach front rooms.I complained but it did not good.
The first day when we got in line to be served- they were ALWAYS waited on first. It happened in the bar, the beach grill and the main restaurant. It did not happen in the Spiciality restuarants. I stood in line for 15 minutes & I was the only one that was not of their nationality & was not waited on at all. They came & went and I was ignored. I asked to be waited on & was told that I had to get behind the ones that just walked up. I left in tears- never waited on. I went to the manager but it continued to happen until they left on Sunday. It was an awful experiance to be discriminated againt like that.
We purchased the vacation because my husband is a Scuba Diver & it said that 6 days of scuba diving was included. My husband went on the first trip & he went back the 2nd day and they went to the exact same place and saw the exact same thing. When he questioned them about it, they said the 6 days includes the same dive every day. No divers want to dive the same exact place 6 days in a row. We asked if they could go to another place on site like another part of the reef or the car wrecks & was told no..

So my husbad booked his scuba diving with the Marriot Hotel & another dive shop down the street. We wasted our money on diving at Breezes because he forfited the other 4 dives that we paid for with the package.
We paid for what they advertise on their site. If it is 6 days of diving only at the same exact place every day- they shopuld state that on their site.
We paid to be humiliated and discriminated against
Awful waste of money and it was expensive.

The food was good but we never got utinsels, water or drinks in the main restuarant because they were too busy waiting on all the locals and ignoring everyone else. We had to go and get everything ourselves .The Japanese restuarant was good as well. Other than that it was an awful experiance and we will never go there again and certainly would not recommend it.

Unique Quality: food was good & if you were the right nationatiality- you could be waited on.
The pool and beach area were lovley.

Nearby Superclubs Breezes Curacao

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Willemstad Travel Forum

Need advice about Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles? Visit the Travel Forum for Willemstad and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Willemstad hotel reviews