Calle Corral #207, Granada, Nicaragua

Booking.com eDreams

• The Best Hotel in Granada

We have stayed at this boutique hotel several times, it is beautiful and charming. The staff are amazing, they arranged our transportation to and from the airport, and many site seeing trips. The food in the hotel is world class. The rooms are tastfully decorated, with air conditioning, great bathrooms and a swimming pool. The price is right and comes with a filling breakfast. I would encourage everyone to stay here for a magical stay. The hotel is walking distance to everything and next door to the San Francisco museum. It is romantic!

Unique Quality: The staff, the owners are friendly and helpful, so beautiful, great price and charming

Directions: Diagnal from Convento San Francisco

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

Quality Midrange Accomodation - Great Value

For those looking for a quality midrange accommodation, Casa San Francisco is a high valuable option providing terrific value for money. The hotel is located in a lovely renovated colonial house in a backstreet right two blocks off the Central Square, providing an excellent base to explore the city. The guestrooms are basic but large, clean and comfortable, equipped with air-conditioning and fans. The hotel has backup power and water, in a town where, at time of my stay, electricity and water were routinely discontinued. The pool, small but lovely, is a big plus. Quality of service and the restaurant make the difference. The local staff is fluent-English speaking, courteous and useful and will help you arranging transportation and tours. The restaurant is one of the best dining spots in town with well prepared, presented and served dishes from local traditions as well Latin classic, Italian and Asian cuisine. Price is reasonable, includes breakfast and you get 5% discount for paying cash. If you are looking for a place cozy, comfortable and with personality, I would definitely recommend Casa San Francisco as well as I will definitely stay at this place if back to Granada.

Directions: In the town center, one street off the Museo and Convento San Francisco, two blocks North of the Central Square.

More about Casa San Francisco

Fell In love with Casa San Francisco

by TripAdvisor Member bellaoso

From the first step into Casa San Francisco, a lovely rennovated colonial hotel, we knew we had found someplace special. The atmosphere is inviting and thoughtfully appointed. Visually the hotel is a delight for the eye- beautiful nicaraguan floor tile, cozy diningroom, inviting antique wood bar, and cooling pool with a great fountain. The warm staff who greeted us went out of their way to get us situated. We spent two nights and wished we could stay forever.

Breakfast is included, and I highly recommend the typica nicaraguan - the chef prepares the best Gallo de Pinto in the entire country.

The Best Place I have Ever Visited

by TripAdvisor Member willyh

My wife and I visited Granada, Nicaragua, we usually only stay in 5 star hotels because my wife likes only the best. We found the best, but it was a small cosy intimate place that has all the amenities with all the charm. Terry and Nancy, the owners, went out of their way to make sure that every part of our experience was memorable. The staff is outstanding the restaurant comparable to world class standards, try the filete..

From the time we awoke and had breakfast surrounded by the sounds of parrots, toucans and other birds, The owners helped us plan our day trips, we were going to stay for 2 days and ended up staying 5, this became our home. My wife was enchanted and wants to come back next year and I am looking at flights. A new air line is starting Aug. 2nd www.spiritair.com, check out the prices. The warm welcome from the moment we arrived, the fine food, the beautiful room, the small touches, lights over the mirrors, the turkish lamps, the showers that have hot water and a place to hold the soaps. This is our place. We hope you enjoy as much as we did.

At home with friends

by TripAdvisor Member prjseattle

I arrived in Managua on April 24th of this year for a two-month vacation. I had made no reservations for a place to stay; prefering to allow circumstances to dictate where I might end up.
I was extremely fortunate to encounter a cab driver who agreed to take me to Granada and assured me he could take me to a hotel clean, quiet and not expensive. The driver delivered me to the front door of Casa San Francisco. I was met by staff with a welcoming attitude and was soon in a comfortable room with fan or air conditioning both available. I had not planned to spend more than three or four days in Granada but, as it turned out, I rented the hotel room for two weeks then, rented an apartment for the remainder of my two months from Terry, one of the hotel owners.
I was made to feel so totally at home with the hotel owners and the staff that although I did travel about the country to some extent, I spent my entire vacation based out of Granada.
When I flew home to Seattle on June 20th, it was with very mixed feelings. I was happy to be headed home to family and people I love but, a big piece of me was being left in Granada and Casa San Francisco with new friends and wonderful memories.
Casa San Francisco is a more-than-adequate hotel with a pleasant bar and wonderful food but, the true reason for spending time there is to experience the warmth and courtesy of all the staff and Terry and Nancy, sisters, owners and operators of the hotel.

P. Johnson

Above average, but not all that

by TripAdvisor Member Unbelizablegrrl

Casa San Francisco is a nice hotel in Granada, but a bit overpriced. The rooms are nicely decorated, some are smaller than others. I stayed in two separate rooms, and there were problems with the hot water in both, although this seems to be a problem all over Nicaragua. The restaurant is excellent, and has the best gallo pinto in Nicaragua that I have had to date (which is a LOT), along with brewed coffee. The pool is very small, but very refreshing and beautiful. The internet works excellently as long as the electricity is on. The staff are on and off--some (in particular the lady who works days) are very helpful, others (in particular the man who works sundays) are not. Last, the hotel, despite taking credit card numbers over the phone, arbitrarily canceled both mine and my friend's reservations by the time we arrived on a Friday at 5pm. It lead to a bit of a scramble, and not at all what we had hoped for, having read such glowing reviews. I would probably not stay here again. It is nice, but pricey, and not all that.

Excellent Hosts

by TripAdvisor Member CoacheckMilwaukee

The best thing about Casa San Francisco as well as Nicaragua is the people. Carlos, Loren & Maria at the front desk are friendly, honest, extremely helpful and speak perfect english. Frankie at the bar always has a smile on his face and is willing to help. They became like friends.

The rooms are similar to rooms you would find at a boutique hotel in the states. They are clean, well kept and comfortable. Our final night we spent at the Annex, a hidden gem.

The restaurant is as good as any you've ever eaten at. There are different chefs for breakfast and dinner but all meals are wonderful. Do not miss it.

For any tours around Granada I would recommend Jethro at WOW tours, located right next to Hostal Oasis. He was just outstanding and speaks both English and Spanish.

A Jewel

by TripAdvisor Member Hikingbabu

The Casa San Francisco is an absolute jewel in Granada. Quiet and serene with a gorgeous garden and swimming pool, the hotel is nevertheless right downtown, a perfect location. The staff is warm, attentive, and helpful. Staff members speak English very well and will arrange anything you need. A new chef has taken over the restaurant since the last editions of English-language guidebooks, and the food is sensational. Try the curried shrimp or any of the fresh fish dishes. Breakfasts are excellent, too, with a choice of fresh fruit or the traditional rice-and-beans. We stayed three days, then went to other parts of the country. When we returned for the last two days of our trip, the Casa San Francisco really felt like home -- a little oasis that has the amenities but never feels like a cookie-cutter hotel.

Granada's gem

by TripAdvisor Member zolita

We've never experienced such hospitality from a hotel -- the staff was so friendly and helpful, our surroundings were beautiful, the atmosphere was just divine. The folks at Casa San Francisco were personable and extremely accommodating to our family -- especially our children, ages 1 and 3. The food at the restaurant also was top notch. Our children loved the gallo pinto at breakfast and also the pool, especially the one in the annex. We enjoyed it so much that we came back and stayed for a total of five nights during our two-week trip. Casa San Francisco is one-of-a-kind and worth every cordoba.

best b & b south of the rio grand

by TripAdvisor Member MILOSTURGIS56

My wife and I travel extensively throughout the world and Casa San Francisco is by far the friendliest and coziest bed and breakfest that we have ever stayed. The service is outstanding and the food is exceptional as are the accomodations. Located 2 minutes from the main plaza of town and a few short blocks from lake nicaragua allows easy access to this wonderful town. We are recommending this bed and breakfast to all our family and friends. This is our 2nd trip to Casa San Francisco and will not be our last. Say hello to Nancy and Terry (owners) for us.
Mike and Karen Long