Granada Hotels

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hospedaje Café Ruíz: Located on Granada's Famous Street

I booked my accommodation in Granada in advance. But since I did not know how my trip was going to develop I only booked for 3 nights. I decided to stay two more days but to my surprise, all the rooms in La Siesta were already booked, so I had to find another place. Was lucky to meet a Dutch guy working for a non profit organization, who interviewed me one day on La Calzada. At the end of the interview I asked him if he perhaps knew about a nice place to stay. He recommended Hospedaje Café Ruíz which was only one block away, so I immediately went there to talk to the owner, señora Ampero.

Hospedaje Café Ruíz is a family-run guesthouse with 8 spotless rooms. I had an airy room with a private bathroom, comfortable double bed, fan and TV. It was 15 $ (December 2010). There was also a restaurant with an outdoor sitting. I was afraid it would get very loud at night, especially as it was located on the always packed with tourists La Calzada. But there were hardly any guests in the restaurants. And besides, the rooms were located at the back side, behind the restaurant, so away from the street.

I used Hospedaje Café Ruíz as a base during my stay in Nicaragua. From Granada I made several trips from a few days to one week. Then I returned for one night to change clothes, do the laundry if necessary and arrange things for my next trip. It was great that I could leave my big luggage here and only travel with a small one, which gave me more flexibility in moving. Before each trip I told señora Ampero which day I would be back and she kept the same room for me.

The guesthouse was conveniently located on pedestrian La Calzada where most of the bars and restaurants were found, close to Parque Central, market and bus terminals.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written January 22, 2011

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

La Siesta: Cozy Little Family-Run Guesthouse

If you like small tranquil places rather than big party hostels, you'll love La Siesta. This laid back, cozy little family-run guesthouse is situated within the Centro Historico, just a short walk to the the main city's attractions, restaurants and bars. It offers six tastefully decorated rooms for between 1 and 3 people. The rooms are set around the pleasant inner patio where you can meet with other guests, read a book or relax in the hammock. My room was called Bonne nuit. A bright spacious room with a private bathroom, a fan, one double and one single bed was 15 $ (December 2010).

In the morning they serve breakfast with a variety of options, from french crepes, omlette and fruits plate. Breakfast includes coffee, tea or chocolate which can be refilled on your request. The price is 50 cordobas.

Guests can use a fully equipped kitchen and laundry service is available for 2,5 $. The lounge area is furnished with authentic Nicaraguan rocking chairs and there is a collection of books in different languages. There is free WiFi connection and bag storage.

The Nicaraguan/French owners Marcela and Boris (with a lovely daughter Triana) are one of the friendliest couples, excellent hosts and will welcome you with a warm smile. They are extremely helpful and happy to share their knowledge about the country. The couple organizes variety of tours as well transportation from/to the airport. And if you want to combine your visit of Granada with learning Spanish, Marcela offers lessons in the pleasant patio.

One night when I came back to La Siesta, Boris was sitting in the patio with another guest. He invited me to join and have a beer with them. We had a nice conversation, mostly about travels. And here I also want to thank to Marcela who helped me with booking the accommodation on Isla de Ometepe and Little Corn Island.

Overall, a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in which guests can really enjoy their stay :)

• Related to: Architecture, Food and Dining, Historical Travel
  • Written January 22, 2011
Tip Photo

breakfast: fruits plate and coffee

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

Backpackers Inn: granada hostel

The second night in Granada I decide to change the hotel ,looking for The one I plan to stay at the beginning which is hostel Ari because from the picture that I checked from a website ,they look clean and has twin room ,but I start to like the location that is not far from the park central ,so I decide to check around the hotel along the Calle real Xalteva.I found a gem, I like this hostel so much,Back packer inn,I never heard about this hostel before from any travel guide book, probably it's new ,because it's so clean and neat,the guest rooms surrounding the small but beautiful courtyard.They have only few rooms,all with shared bath .I stayed in twin room.The room has no window but very high ceiling that can help you feel no klausto phobia.The fan hanging from the ceiling.The other room I saw was a single room and 1 dorm room with 6 beds and 1 big dorm room with 6 bunk beds,in this room they provide a huge hammock! .In one corner of the hostel is a very nice relaxing corner with flat screen TV.I like their art feeling decoation ,good style of the chair and things.Most of all,...very very clean toilet and bath room(hot shower).The price of my room is 25$(550 c.d)
By the way if anybody will go there ,can you say hello to a lady staff name Rosa ,she is so friendly and kind.

• Written December 17, 2010

Hostel Backpackers Inn

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel San Angel: Granada hostel

Hola! See you all again.I am just back from my 2010 trip.And this year I went to Nicaragua.This is my first night accomodation in Nicaragua ,Hostel San Angel.After 1 hour taxi ride ,the friendly taxi driver try to drop me as close as possible to the hotel I plan to stay .He drove around and even got off the taxi to ask where exactly the hotel is.....so kind of him.But I just told him drop me at the park central.I saw hostel San Angel nea rby so I checked it out ,and they had the room that I need which is twin room (2 small beds ) It's a family run hostel,and they are so friendly ,he can speak some english.The room (number 6) I got was small private room with fan,with bath but not hot shower.There's 1 small window that can open but see nothing ,only the wall of other room.The room cost 22$(480 cordoba) (nov 2010) with breakfast.They provide the wire to hang the laundry ,which is in the small garden in front of guest room.
The hostel is on Calle el Caimito ,only 1 and half block from park cetral,even not that clean room but it's located on very good location.

• Written December 17, 2010

• nyceagle1633 profile photo nyceagle1633
  • Reviews: 135

Hotel La Bocona: Hotel La Bocona

I miss you La Bocona! Incredible staff, great breakfasts, good location (noisy on Friday and Saturday nights, but hey Granada is a big Party). The rooms are gigantic with beautiful comfortable king size beds and super high ceilings. Two courtyards make lounging around nice. One courtyard has a small pool. The bathrooms are separate from the room itself, so you have to shuffle to them, but it's not that bad.

Pool, location is 2 blocks from Parque Central and 1 block from ATM.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written October 9, 2010

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Hostel San Angel

Hostel San Angel was the hostel where I had hoped to find a room in when I arrived in Granada. It was full on the day of my arrival, but I moved there the next day. It is situated in an old house in the historical centre, just half a block south of Parque Central. Don Orlandos family is living in one part of the house and the 10 hostel rooms are situated around a small courtyard with a big mango tree and a communal area with a TV. It is a quiet place (if your neighbours are quiet) except for a few mangos that fell on the roof with a bang.

I had a small single room with a bed, a chair, a small table and a fan. And there was also a bathroom and towel and soap. Breakfast is included in the price and it is served in the kitchen. For breakfast there was bread, butter, jam, fruits and coffee, or tea. I paid 12 dollars per night (July 2009).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 6, 2010

My room at Hostel San Angel

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Hotel Cocibolca

I had not booked a room in advanced but had a few hostels in mind. When I walked around and asked for a room it turned out they were all full though. So when they at the last hostel told me I could have a room at their hotel I went there even if it was more expensive than I wanted to pay for a room. I just wanted to leave my backpack somewhere and go out.

I got a room on the second floor with bathroom, fan and TV for 35 dollars (July 2009). It turned out the bathroom lamp did not work so I changed for another, similar room. The rooms had no character and there were little space to put your things and the walls were all white. A plus was that I could watch the news from BBC on the TV. There is a small swimming pool and a nice green courtyard. Breakfast buffet was included in the price.

Everywhere where I had been so far in Nicaragua the exchange rate for 1 dollar had been 20 cordobas, but I was told it was now different. So instead of paying 700 cordobas it was 711.something. They didn’t have change in cordobas so they asked if I could pay in dollars. I had 40 dollars and they gave me 100 cordobas back. I couldn’t resist telling them that they just told me the exchange rate for a dollar was more than 20 cordobas. So quickly they gave me 1.5 cordobas more.

After one night I moved to a nicer and cheaper hostel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 23, 2010

My room

• granadanica profile photo granadanica

Hotel Casa La Luna, Granada, Nicaragua: Granada's best secreat

An incredible great place, I have stayed in Granada many times and I have never stayed
in a better place. The price is just so low, i could't beleive it.
So close to the central park, it is in the hart of granada. super safe.
rooms are just perfect, private bathrooms, new construction, super clean, very comfortable
and after a nice long day touring Granada with the help of the friendly nice staff, it was time to enjoy a beer in the courtyard, full of plants and water fountain.
You just can not get a better deal than that.

Great courtyard with lots of plants and a water fountain
new construction, very clean

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Horse Riding, Family Travel
  • Written February 9, 2010

• nicatraveler profile photo nicatraveler

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Casa La Luna: Great price and location!!

I visited Granada for a long weekend and found this great hotel. I stayed there for 3 nights and have absolutely no complaints. It was in a great location, walking distance to everything. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. They helped me plan trips to the mombacho volcano for nothing but a spectacular hike and all other activities they have to offer in Granada. The rooms were very clean and good sized with a private bathroom, my whole entire time staying with the hotel I was extremely comfortable and felt like I was in paradise. The courtyard has beautiful plants everywhere with a fountain. A perfect place to sit and relax. I have absolutely no complains and can't wait for the opportunity to return to Granada. I will for sure stay again at this hotel and recommend to everyone to stay there.

Great courtyard, very clean rooms, comfortable beds, great location

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written February 7, 2010

Entrance to Hotel

• albina_t profile photo albina_t
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel La Siesta: Like visiting friends

Hotel La Siesta

Boris and Marcela run an incredibly clean and welcoming guesthouse. They make your visit feel like visiting old friends or relatives in a faraway place. It was the best hostel during our entire trip to the CA-4.

Bed is comfortable, and though it was warm in the evenings, the fan was plenty to keep one cool.

The breakfast was quite pleasant, and the communal kitchen was a nice convenience.

Boris was especially helpful with directions and travel advice. We spent Christmas eve, there, and the owners regaled us with Happy hour.

The location is not central, but the town center is a 10-minute walk, and most of Granada is within 20 minutes walking.

Laundry service was economical, although you get to view your clothes drying in the main courtyard.

Price was $25 for a double in 2009.

Address is Calle el Almendro, de los Bomberos 100 meters Norte y 10 meters este. Actually, all the cab drivers know the hotel, and you could get there from anywhere in central Granada for $2 or less.

Owners speak Spanish, English, and French

• Written January 31, 2010

View of the courtyard--Hotel La Siesta

• zemanmary profile photo zemanmary

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hospedaje San Jorge: Really good deal in Granada Nicaragua $10.

This 12 room hotel is very clean and quiet. It has good mattresses and pillows, private baths and several nice balconies and porches to sit and have a cold drink. The entrance is watched 24 hours a day. There is an equipped kitchen guests may use and they sell beer, juice, water and such at grocery store prices. It's in the market area of Granada with lots of neat stuff within walking distance. Rooms have both oscillating ceiling fans and portable tower fans. Some rooms have small refrigerators and refrigerators are available to use if there is not one in your room. The upstairs rooms and patios have a nice view of whatever volcano that is, which is unusual in a downtown hotel. The owner,Jorge, is also the pharmacist and owner of the drugstore on the same property and he is very friendly and helpful.

I travel from Costa Rica to Nicaragua every three months to renew my Visa and have been doing so since 1997. This is easily the best deal I've found. (Except I have to sit outside to smoke) the 3 people with whom I was traveling do the same 3 nights every 90 days thing and they agree.

My room and the single gentleman's room both had one Queen and one single bed and the other two ladies shared a room with two Queen beds.

There is cable TV but no internet.

Again, this is very clean, very comfortable, very pleasant and it's TEN BUCKS.

There is free parking in a locked courtyard.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Seniors, Budget Travel
  • Written November 15, 2009

• jacquisuiza profile photo jacquisuiza
  • Reviews: 43

La Siesta: La Siesta

I allways lived with my host family when I was in Granada, but this time I came with my son and we looked for a hotel in the center. Oasis had only a very small and window less double and after a horrible night in a hostel in the same street, we moved to La Siesta. We felt so at home that we didn’t want to leave and we extended our stay by some days.
The hosts are very friendly and helpfull, everything is clean and their pancake breakfast is just a dream.
The location is very tranquilo, una cuadra al norte de los bomberos, in easy walking distance to the parque central.
Their website’s name is funny: bo means Boris, ma means Marcela, nica means nica, and .fr because Boris is french.

• Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel
  • Written June 6, 2009

Hostal La Siesta

• Beast profile photo Beast
  • Reviews: 116

Hotel Dario: High End Hotel In Granada

When I read the reviews for this hotel I was expecting a lot. Then when I showed up and saw the entry I thought, dang, I was expecting something different. Actually, the outside is not a good reflection of the interior. Rooms are a bit pricy as is the food but both are of excellent quality. No disappointments with this hotel. Right in the middle of all the night life action as well.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Rafting, Kayaking, Adventure Travel
  • Written June 5, 2009

• Beast profile photo Beast
  • Reviews: 116

Tierra y Sol: Excellent Small Hotel

Not on anyone's map yet, that I know of, this little hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. But what really blew me away???? The food. Turns out the owners, husband and wife, are professionally trained cooks. They spent most of their lives in the States for edcuation and working in the culinary arts industry. The husband is a master with any dish and his wife has unbelievable talent with deserts. I have eaten at fine restaurants in many of the places you see on my map. I have not had such good meals as at this little hotel/restaurant. Give it a try. And price? Rediculously low for what you get. They both speak perfect English.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Kayaking, Rafting
  • Written June 5, 2009

• gatica profile photo gatica
  • Reviews: 3

Granada Property Rentals GPS: House rentals

We rented a house for six months in Granada. GPS rents out all sorts of properties in Grabada and also in SJDS. If you are in a group this is a good option to consider - lot more room, often, than a hotel. The properties range in price, style, etc.

The people in the office are very responsive and Vanessa is a real gem. When we were looking for a long-term rental she asked us our needs and found the perfect house for us! If there is any problem - big or small - she is on top of it in minutes

• Opinion of Price: N/A