Granada Hotels

Our Members Say

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

Condominium de Xalteva: Oasis in Granada

Property is securely down a quiet street not a far walk to everything Granada. Perfect upscale retreat. There are 9 condo's, with a pool and jacuzzi. Condo's are immaculate and the staff is there for whatever you need without being overbearing on your stay. Fruit smoothie's or coffee is served in the morning at the tiki hut by the pool. Neil, the property manager, is a delight and full of info. He is originally from Rhode Island and has been working there for 3 years. He will pick you up at the airport in Managua for around $40 or so. Rooms are modern with wireless internet, full kitchens, lots of room and completely immaculate. Five parakeet pets are on the property. Had to mention it since Neil "introduced" me to them and they are quite funny. Nacho loves to drink out of your glass... as long as it is a fruit smoothie. My luggage was lost for 4 days and the staff called the airline to take care of it for me, which was a load off of my mind. You can do laundry on site for a small fee.

Tiled kitchen, rocking chairs outside the unit, great location. Our condo was 1100 square feet.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 27, 2009

Living room/Dining area

• easydv8 profile photo easydv8

Casa Chandler: Great hotel alternative

Really enjoyed the pool in the late afternoon. Had some water pressure problems, but found out the whole city does on occaision. Howard, the manager and Karen the maid were great help for tips on what to do and where to go. Cheaper than the big hotels but not as cheap as the hostels on either side of the place, and total privacy and freedom to come and go. I will be back!

Pool and good kitchen. Great colors in the house and local artists work.

• Written June 30, 2008

• Pieter11 profile photo Pieter11
  • Reviews: 1236

Hospedaje Cocibolca: A nice and central place

Very centrally located, at only a few hundred metres from the Parque Central of Granada, you will find the good guesthouse "Hospedaje Cocibolca". In this street, the Calle La Calzada, you will find several guesthouses, bars and restaurants, so you never have to walk far in the dark when you want to go out for a bite or a drink at night (also very pleasant when it is pouring with rain).

Downstairs you'll find the reception, some small corners where you can sit down to watch TV, read a book or have a drink. And here you'll also find the kitchen that you can use if you want. Upstairs there are the rooms, from where you have a great view of the Cathedral and the rooftops of all the houses in its surroundings.

The rooms are very basic, but clean. There is a fan that is really necessary because it can get very hot in the rooms, a simple bed and a small table and that's it. You will also get a private bathroom that is tiny, but at least you have a hot shower and a good toilet. Only disadvantage: the rooms are not mosquito-proof and that can get pretty annoying when you have 20+ mosquito-bites all over your body.

Final opinion: a good place to stay. The rooms are well worth the 12 dollars you have to pay for it.

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written January 21, 2008
Tip Photo

The view from our hotelroom

• 4amigos profile photo 4amigos

posada don alfredo: robbed

December 2007

We too used the "safe deposit" box recommended to us by Don Alfredo. We went to the bank to get the cash for the room & because Don Alfredo's pretty young wife told us he was out, we put it in the box. When we returned 2 hours later to pay Don Alfredo, approximately $80 was missing. It was very clearly taken by someone who had access to the box. Don Alfredo completely denied that this was possible.

I've found 2 other posts about being robbed at Posada Don Alfredo. My daughter mentioned a rumor about "things missing from rooms" when their Amigos group stayed there last year.

I plan to notify Amigos as well as the authors of the 2 guidebooks that recommended this sticky fingered place.

• Written January 18, 2008

• maxromagna profile photo maxromagna

Hotel El Maltese: Front lake hotel

I stayed in this Granada's hotel last July, i liked very much the lake view and the particular climate of this site. The hotel staff was pery polite making me very confortable. It's 800 mt from the central park at 20 mt from the shores of Nicaragua lake. The rooms are furnished with simplicity but very clean.

great view, terrace with amacas, biclycles, good breakfast

• Related to: Family Travel, Kayaking
  • Written August 29, 2007

Entrance of the hotel

• smoray profile photo smoray
  • Reviews: 2

Casa Chandler: Granada's Hotel Alternative

For the money, Casa Chandler which is 1 1/2 blocks from Granada's center of town, Parque
Central and 1 block from La Gran Francia Hotel is a beautiful place to stay. John, the caretaker was accomodating and helpful with travel hints.

The main house has two poolside guestrooms and a second story master suite - each room has one queen size bed, A/C, bathroom with hot water, shower. The master bedroom also has a deep tub and walk-in closet.

The house has a swimming pool, large kitchen, dining and entertainment area with cable TV, radio/cd player and celing fans throughout. Included is daily maid service and night security guard.

Also available is a studio apartment with private entrance, loft bedroom and kitchenette, A/C, cable TV, hot water.

The main house and the studo are both available for rent by day, week or month.

• Related to: Family Travel, Architecture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 7, 2007

• smoray profile photo smoray
  • Reviews: 2

Casa Chandler: Granada's Hotel Alternative

The main house and the studo are both available for rent by day, week or month.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Architecture
  • Written April 7, 2007

• mollykay64 profile photo mollykay64

Posada Don Alfredo: Robbed at Posada Don Alfredo

Just wanted to let you know, we stayed at the Posada Don Alfredo in Granda, Nicaragua and were robbed. When I discovered a beloved gift of a $20 with a heart on it from a friend was missing (i had been traveling with the $20 since 2001), as well as another $100 in cash from the "safe box" Don recommended we use was missing, we approached Don. He denied the theft until I pointed out the missing $20 with the heart. The more he spoke, the more we were convinced, Don himself, had robbed us. He gave us $20 for the missing one with the heart and we left. Thought it best to warn your readers. We have travelled extensively around the world and have never been robbed, so we thought it best to warn everyone against staying at the Posad Don Alfredo.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written February 6, 2007

• Kindra profile photo Kindra
  • Reviews: 600

Hostel Oasis: Amazing hostel

This is a fantastic place: I have read mixed reviews but for this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at: for $7 a night (with tax), you can get a bunkbed in one of the three co-ed dorm rooms. They are big, very clean and have beautiful chandeliers and art on the roof. Try to get a bed close to a fan as the heat can be INSUPPORTABLE. There are also private room for quite a bit more that can have private or shared bath and air conditioning.

Pool- small but refreshing! Cafe where you can get basic breakfast, lots of hammocks, couches, chairs and tables for relaxing, visiting, drinking, reading; swings in the courtyard, free internet until 10 pm, a free 15 minute phone call anywhere in world every day (except for Denmark and Central America), charge soft drinks and water to your tab, lots of clean shared bathrooms (cleaned twice or three times a day). Staff was quite helpful and the art on the walls was beautiful. Located central Granada 2 blocks to the central park.

• Written August 3, 2006

Lounge area and art at Hostel Oasis

Hospedaje Central: Most Popular Hostel in Granada

Most popular hostal in the city. Easy to see why. Lots of travellers hang out in the fabulous, affordable restaurant which is open to the street. You can spend hours sipping free tea/coffee while writing in your travel journal, reading guidebooks or just people watching. Great library of books.

Another Night in Paradise: Fabulous Affordable B&B

Note: I recently heard that the owner, Donna has sold this B&B, not sure who owns it now.
A wonderful Bed and Breakfast with a fabulous host/cook, Sergio and owner, Donna. Donna is an American who runs a project for streetboys in Granada. The rooms are funky and spotless. The prices range for rooms but are approximately $20US night for a double.

Patio with TV and hammock!

Outside of Another Night in Paradise B&B

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel Granada: Decent Hostel in Granada

A clean, hostel with shared washrooms, swimming pool for $10US for two of us. The bed takes up the whole room. Pool isn't fancy but looked clean. Handy location as right downtown.

Our room

• Hermanater profile photo Hermanater
  • Reviews: 204

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Granada

This hotel rooms are well kept and quiet. There is a courtyard that is filled with plants. The hotel has hot water ALL the time. This can be rare in some areas. There is a pool and resturant.

This is a nice little hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 24, 2005

• Sininen profile photo Sininen
  • Reviews: 727

HOSPEDAJE LA CALZADA: HOMELY ATMOSPHERE

I had a large room upstairs with three beds and private bathroom and a small balcony looking towards to the courtyard. The room was simple and clean. The owner, Maria, couldn't have been friendlier. She even ironed some clothes for me when I asked if I could borrow her iron. She gave me a key so I could come and go as I pleased. I sat with her in the evening and chatted with my very basic Spanish and felt like part of the family. After my experience in Oasis La Calzada was such a pleasant place to stay.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture, Photography
  • Written November 17, 2005

• Sininen profile photo Sininen
  • Reviews: 727

OASIS: OVERRATED

I've read many praising tips about OASIS in VT and thought I'd give another kind of opinion about it. I arrived from Liberia by bus, it was a very hot day and I was dreaming of a long shower. I had read about OASIS in my guidebook and it sounded really great. Even swimming pool! In the recption the girls told me that if I wanted hot water I had to pay more, if I wnated A/C I had to pay more. I did it gladly because I wanted to pamper myself. I checked in, went to my room, which I must admit was really lovely and much better than I am used to. I took my clothes off and went to the shower. I turned the water on and drip, drip, drip - a few water drops and nothing more! Even the toilet wasn't flushing! I just couldn't believe it. I had to get dressed again and go back to the reception. I told that there was no water. They knew it, shrugged their shoulders and said that water would be back in two hours. I went to the bank and took a little walk and went back. No water. I was getting really annoyed. Went back to the town and walked until 7.00 p.m. and tried the shower again. Surprise! There was water and I finally got my shower after waiting for it for seven hours.

I paid $32 for a night and what I got? A lovely room, A/C which was on from 7.00 pm to 8.00 am, no water most of the time, staff who couldn't have cared less. The least I would ahve expected was a simple "We are sorry" though they could have offered some compesation like free breakfast which would be the case in many countries. On the following morning I left and found another room where I had a wonderful stay. I know that many appreciate free Internet access. Well, I paid $12/night in La Calzada which left me $20 to use in the Internet so it wasn't that good deal after all.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture, Photography