Granada Hotels

• rosequartzlover1 profile photo rosequartzlover1
  • Reviews: 284

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostel San Angel: Granada hostel

Hola! See you all again.I am just back from my 2010 trip.And this year I went to Nicaragua.This is my first night accomodation in Nicaragua ,Hostel San Angel.After 1 hour taxi ride ,the friendly taxi driver try to drop me as close as possible to the hotel I plan to stay .He drove around and even got off the taxi to ask where exactly the hotel is.....so kind of him.But I just told him drop me at the park central.I saw hostel San Angel nea rby so I checked it out ,and they had the room that I need which is twin room (2 small beds ) It's a family run hostel,and they are so friendly ,he can speak some english.The room (number 6) I got was small private room with fan,with bath but not hot shower.There's 1 small window that can open but see nothing ,only the wall of other room.The room cost 22$(480 cordoba) (nov 2010) with breakfast.They provide the wire to hang the laundry ,which is in the small garden in front of guest room.
The hostel is on Calle el Caimito ,only 1 and half block from park cetral,even not that clean room but it's located on very good location.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written December 17, 2010

• zemanmary profile photo zemanmary
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hospedaje San Jorge: Really good deal in Granada Nicaragua $10.

This 12 room hotel is very clean and quiet. It has good mattresses and pillows, private baths and several nice balconies and porches to sit and have a cold drink. The entrance is watched 24 hours a day. There is an equipped kitchen guests may use and they sell beer, juice, water and such at grocery store prices. It's in the market area of Granada with lots of neat stuff within walking distance. Rooms have both oscillating ceiling fans and portable tower fans. Some rooms have small refrigerators and refrigerators are available to use if there is not one in your room. The upstairs rooms and patios have a nice view of whatever volcano that is, which is unusual in a downtown hotel. The owner,Jorge, is also the pharmacist and owner of the drugstore on the same property and he is very friendly and helpful.

I travel from Costa Rica to Nicaragua every three months to renew my Visa and have been doing so since 1997. This is easily the best deal I've found. (Except I have to sit outside to smoke) the 3 people with whom I was traveling do the same 3 nights every 90 days thing and they agree.

My room and the single gentleman's room both had one Queen and one single bed and the other two ladies shared a room with two Queen beds.

There is cable TV but no internet.

Again, this is very clean, very comfortable, very pleasant and it's TEN BUCKS.

There is free parking in a locked courtyard.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average